AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-08-13, 00:14   Link #501
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
This anime has a lot of symbolic in it... Scar's mother instinct woke up a bay of from its long slumber .... This anime is truth a work of art.... brings me tears.... Hope Ai lives on....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:41   Link #502
Dark Wing

I think someone from another community said it best.
This story isn't about solving problems that arise throughout the world with Ai as the leading inspiration. It's more about a young able child and companions going forth around the world to discover new things, seeing just how each part of the world lives.
Old 2013-08-13, 05:11   Link #503
Safu
猿も木から落ちる。
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Safu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The (very rushed) backstory of the Hecmatika twins suggests that both of them have special powers due to their mother's wish. If Ulla has the power of death, then it's very likely that Celica has a special power involving life.

A normal human would not not be aware that a child was hidden under the deepest parts of the castle.

As for the other gravekeepers, it's likely that they were drawn to Celica the same way Scar was, but they died before ever reaching her because of Ulla. Ai almost met with Ulla's gaze and nearly lost her life as well.

I do agree that the backstory on Ulla and Celica's powers was rushed and poorly directed though. The exposition for it lasted for literally only a few sentences spoken by Kirika at the end of the episode.
There's a possibility that Celica has a special power too, considering she was able to stop her own time until she meet "the person" she was waiting for. I wonder if Celica was waiting (only) for the living, especially the gravekeepers; and normal humans are unable to hear her voice. There were many people in Ortus. And some of them are alive, even though they are hiding that fact.

And. Maybe if Ulla somehow met the other gravekeepers, her power won't be able to reach/affect the GKs? Since they are more "special" than normal humans.

Yes, it was kinda rushed. There weren't any explanations, even if it's just a little.
Safu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 05:42   Link #504
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Celina, what is her power? If Ulla bring death to the living, will she bring life to the dead?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 06:54   Link #505
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safu View Post

And. Maybe if Ulla somehow met the other gravekeepers, her power won't be able to reach/affect the GKs? Since they are more "special" than normal humans.
Well the wish was 'Die humans', so GKs are probably not included. WHich is why I kinda wnated to see what happens to Ai when she gets hit...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 07:27   Link #506
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

so, it turns out the witch wasn't related to the hecmatika twins at all.

and it felt like the last part about the twins were not explained properly, I hope they return to that part, sure, the mother wanted everyone to die, but how did the baby stop time or whatever?

ai almost got hit by ulla's powers, since she's part human, we can be sure that she'll be dead. I don't know about scar though, but since we saw the graveyard of GKs when they were about to enter the city, we can assume GKs just drop dead when hit by ulla's powers.

or they could've just been killed by all those dead people, I don't know.

i'm curious as to that ghost girl that was floating around, is heaven so full of people that they are also sending ghosts back to earth?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 08:22   Link #507
Safu
猿も木から落ちる。
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Safu
Quote:
Celina, what is her power? If Ulla bring death to the living, will she bring life to the dead?
Quote:
so, it turns out the witch wasn't related to the hecmatika twins at all.

and it felt like the last part about the twins were not explained properly, I hope they return to that part, sure, the mother wanted everyone to die, but how did the baby stop time or whatever?

ai almost got hit by ulla's powers, since she's part human, we can be sure that she'll be dead. I don't know about scar though, but since we saw the graveyard of GKs when they were about to enter the city, we can assume GKs just drop dead when hit by ulla's powers.

or they could've just been killed by all those dead people, I don't know.

i'm curious as to that ghost girl that was floating around, is heaven so full of people that they are also sending ghosts back to earth?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Well the wish was 'Die humans', so GKs are probably not included. WHich is why I kinda wnated to see what happens to Ai when she gets hit...
If that's true, It's possible that the GKs will view her as a nuiscane, or even an enemy. Especially if she really try to bring life to the dead.. Since they're somehow "obsessed" to put the dead into rest. Just like when Scar wanted to bury the dead from Ortus.
The baby was able to stop her time, Then.. may be something like that?

Part human. . half-injured? Remember when the red-haired boy (at the end of the episode) mentioned that Ai and him have the same dream? Do you think they have special powers too?

Lol. Honestly, I was expecting something to happen to Ai at that time. That may be a clue whether GKs are real humans (Like someone said earlier, if Alfa was truly the result of HH's wish, then GKs are like machines...?) or not, right. But sadly, Yuri jumped in. We will have to wait for next week.
Safu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 09:27   Link #508
whitecloud

watching this...sometimes i wonder, god abandoned the earth? or since the truth is god basically granted the wish of all human indiscriminately...by that description isnt it like an after life, in which the "soul" live forever? but in this case it just not leave the body...
Old 2013-08-13, 09:53   Link #509
Tranhieu

Quote:
No its not a custom in europe lol.

The whisps do indeed appear when someone is being buried(actually mostly there), not solely though; They also appear in EP 1 right before the villagers arm themselves against Kizuna too or simply when Ai gigs a grave.

The scene where she buries Alfa makes sense if it is laid out as a red hering for Ai, since considering how that village was special in the first place, the need to bury Alfa was never really there.
Ai's village is a village of the dead - Alfa wouldn't really stick out there.
As previously stated, she would be a perfect defense against attackers and other grave keepers, so burying her makes very little sense.
So by the burial being for show i meant being for show to fool Ai.
I'm not siding with either side, yet. I mean we're still speculating here and there's no solid proof so far to confirm once a GK dies he/she dies for good. However, assuming GKs die the same way as normal humans, I don't think it was the problem of sticking out or not in Alfa's case. But rather staying undead goes against her principle. Remember that Alfa was a GK in the first place, and despite being a strange GK herself, it'd be unlikely she would choose to live as an undead after dying. Or else Ai wouldn't have been so dedicated to her responsibility as a GK like what we've been shown so far (I doubt it was the villagers who taught her that spirit).

Quote:
The other problem with GKs becomming undead is the Orteus graveyard.
Someone needs to properly bury them to make them go.
If it was a GK one would always have to bury their predecessor, get killed, get buried by the successor. --> neverending loop.
Someone would have had to bury them though orr Orteus would have a neverending GK problem. So the easiest way to explain that for now is that they simply drop dead.
We didn't know whether they all passed away. They might have only been immobilized, the same way Kizuna did to Ai's villagers. There would be no need for Ortus's citizen to truly kill all the approaching GKs, in fact it'd be more extreme to torture the GKs that way, judging from the hatred the undead possess towards GKs.

Quote:
maybe something similar to Kiriko
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 04:07   Link #510
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

THIS. FUCKING. SERIES. It seems like they go out of their way to frustrate the viewers.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 18:37   Link #511
justpassingby

Images
Meanwhile, Kiriko and Ulla in a different life
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That aside, with the intention of not to defend the author, Celica's introduction was as just as abrupt in the LN. She was introduced for like at the last 14 pages of Vol 2.

Well, at least in the LN, Ai ninja'ed her way to Ulla after the castle and the Pentagram were on the look for Ai. This is the part where Dean Winchester would say "Awesome" :P
Old 2013-08-17, 12:08   Link #512
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 23:46   Link #513
justpassingby

Welp. They're going to rush vol 3 to hell it seems (it's going to finish by next episode).
Oh well, more time for the next book adaptation I guess. :\
Old 2013-08-19, 19:47   Link #514
Dr. Casey

I'm about six minutes into episode 7...

Hahaha, a world where in three years school won't exist at all? I'm not sure if this is meant to be another depressing reminder of a decaying world, but I couldn't help but smile at the idea of those snake nests I always hated dying a very rapid death. (Except for college. College was nice.)

I've been looking forward to this episode, though. Kami Inai has some absolutely wonderful locations - in terms of aesthetics, history, and atmosphere, this story has some very profound locales, and an isolated boarding school has even more potential to be immensely creepy and sinister than Ortus was.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:47   Link #515
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I cannot get over how amazing this show is.
WHY IS IT SO AMAZING?
I am just beside myself....I have fallen, hook, line, and sinker in love with this anime.
Oh right, and new bish Alis is
Old 2013-08-20, 04:35   Link #516
Rogue66

I'm quiet enjoying this show so far.

episode 7 was interesting enough.
Rogue66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 05:01   Link #517
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

In this episode, the story opens in an academy... and all of a sudden Ai is wearing a nice school uniform. I had to check again for a moment to see if I didn't miss an episode. School comedy? *gasp* What is this show evolving into?! Well, whatever it is, it was still quite enjoyable.

I'm rather concerned about all the signs and mentions that this is being rushed. I didn't read the novels but I also feel this way (the sudden development at the end of episode 6 seems like a big red flag for this). Such a shame for a show I've been enjoying so much this season.

キタエリキタ──────(゚∀゚)──────!!

Finally, KitaEri's character Dee Ensy Stratmitos appears! She's pretty interesting, to say the least. Does she really have no physical form? Or is she projecting that ghostly form from somewhere else? Is she even alive, for starters? I have so many questions about her... (no, don't answer any of it)
Old 2013-08-21, 15:06   Link #518
ookamigirl

Ai thrown into school life.
Guess it wasn't exactly what she was hoping for...
Well, it was a whole new experience for her.
At least she got the hang out with girls her age.
This story was a bit different than usual, but still fun to watch ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:42   Link #519
Dop
Mmmm....

I kind of suspect this story might be something of a palate cleanser - a little light comic relief story before we head into something darker.

I do like the idea of a school kidnapping people and holding them just to get money.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 12:09   Link #520
justpassingby

Za Tawaa is next.

I am jelly of the people who are going for tomorrow Animelo Summer Live. Have fun listening to Sumeragi Wan and probably BT37.5 :P.

Tags
fantasy