AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-25, 19:30   Link #1141
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd say things are perfect where they are. And apart from looks and manner, there really isn't much of Usagi in Serenity. Unless this is a vieled ref to Firefly? Where's Mal? But then, 'Captain of the Serenity' in this anime has way too much inneudo. And paedo.

On deeper thinking, Serenity seems more Republican American than Sailor Moon. Maybe because of USAgi.

Also, Audacious Space Traders was updated. I went full-on geek for this segment. Too much? Too little? Too weird? Leave a review however minor and I'll work on it.
Old 2012-02-25, 19:58   Link #1142
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Not missing Chiaki at all. Serenity is a better fit for that crew.
It's not like it's an either/or proposition. I'd be quite happy to have both along.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 20:51   Link #1143
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Am I the only one finding the guy throwing a tantrum over "loli bodies" really sad? Were guys and Athena in Saint Seiya looking like 18 y/o when they were actually 13 any better? Does the exposition to Sailor Moon where 14 y/o teenagers have the bodies of 20s y/o supermodels have warped their expectations to that point?
If they want to bitch about it let they can't do anything about so they may just have to shut up and watch.

Well this episode seems to indicate that "Shit Just Got Real..." so to speak and it seems that everyone is coming aboard for this one. Next week can't come soon enough I tell you!
Old 2012-02-25, 22:30   Link #1144
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Finely the crew gets introduced and the loli princess is finely here
Old 2012-02-25, 22:57   Link #1145
Midonin
Last Engage

A princess and a Luka on the same crew, good times. Granted, this Luka is not at all similar in personality to the one I'm thinking of, but it keeps the good vibes a-flowing.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 00:01   Link #1146
Kyuu
=^^=

Loli princess = Sailor Moon.

Oh oh oh... and Serenity. Sailor Moon reference... hehehehehehe... OK, I'll shut up now...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 00:13   Link #1147
Random Wanderer

Her family was quite likely still named Serenity in the original novels, in which she looked nothing like Usagi. It makes me doubt somewhat that the name was originally intended as a Sailor Moon reference. The name may, however, have been what convinced the anime's creators to alter her appearance the way they did.
Old 2012-02-26, 00:22   Link #1148
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Wow, that was Tomatsu Haruka as the Princess? I never would have guessed - what an amazing chameleon she is.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 01:11   Link #1149
molitar

Wow! Nice episode.. hmm.. so seems some civil war unrest when it comes to this ghost ship.. someone does not want this ghost ship found.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 01:25   Link #1150
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Anybody like that they show what happens in the previous episode to refresh your memory in anime series in general? I like it, and I'm glad it's done for this show.

Anyway, going to watch the latest episode right now!
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 02:37   Link #1151
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Pretty good episode, we get a bit of growth on Marika as a captain, new character and what seems like the start of the main plot of the show.

Looking forward to next episode to see how Marika deals with actual combat.
Old 2012-02-26, 05:45   Link #1152
Yurichan

Send a message via MSN to Yurichan
Mariko is adorable I like the Mariko and Chiaki couple. But it's not shown much. I just wished the story didn't drag on with things aboard the ship. But so far I like this anime alot.

I am back, animesuki. From a long time of absence. Aren't you glad?
yurichan/s&t kawaii love
Yurichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 09:46   Link #1153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Hmm... Something that appears to be an English version of the official site spells our Princess' first name as "Gruelle" rather than Gruier. Given the debacle with translations last week, I'm inclined to say this is Crunchyroll's fault again.
Aww, Coorie wears mouse slippers. Never noticed until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Not missing Chiaki at all. Serenity is a better fit for that crew.
HERETIC! BURN HIM!!

I'm hoping they'll both join, though I'm not sure how that will work for Chiaki since her father is the captain of another crew. To be honest I don't really care how they do it as long as she sticks around.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:42   Link #1154
ookamigirl

Princess Gruier & Marika seem like a good duo.
The whole thing with her request sounded interesting.
Didn't think she's enroll into her school though.
Can't wait for them to start chasing the ghost ship!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 11:48   Link #1155
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Yay! ...Jenny's mine. Hands off.
Request DENIED!

Spoiler for Why?:

Anyway, now things get serious with Princess Gruelle(I'm sticking with the official english website name) Serenity getting involved with the Bentemaru. Looks like there might be infighting between the Serenity Royal family.
Old 2012-02-26, 12:33   Link #1156
sa547
*Author

Again, Ep 8 delivers well as usual, except the princess and her quest to find the golden ghost ship has just added a new dimension to Marika's work, but then turns out the whole motley crew's going to be involved, just as MrTerrorist says, caught in a brewing crisis within the royal family (seemingly reminiscent of the War of the Spanish Succession).

BTW, finally we're properly introduced to Marika's bridge crew and their functions, something that the studio forgot to include a few episodes ago.

Oh, yeah... A few pages ago I mentioned about the idea of a Moretsu/Firefly crossover fic, and then this episode came up. Got myself laughing after it seems this was a case of coincidence.

Talk about Serenity.
Old 2012-02-26, 12:47   Link #1157
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
* No Chiaki? Worst episode ever.
Wow, you ain't lyin! I require, nay, I DEMAND more Dark Queen Chiaki in upcoming episodes.

I do have to admit, though, this ghost ship story is intriguing to me.

Endless "Demanding" Soul
Old 2012-02-26, 14:54   Link #1158
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Am I the only one finding the guy throwing a tantrum over "loli bodies" really sad? Were guys and Athena in Saint Seiya looking like 18 y/o when they were actually 13 any better? Does the exposition to Sailor Moon where 14 y/o teenagers have the bodies of 20s y/o supermodels have warped their expectations to that point?
I was going to comment on that but forgot. That guy complaining about too many lolis was either a really sad poster or a troll. Last time I checked, 15-18 year olds that look a little older are not considered loli. So what if the Princess appears to be around 12? (assuming that she's a first year middle school student in a Japanese-type school system. Or to Americans like me, she'd be in 7th grade) She's not even presented as anything resembling a sexualized character. Also the guy has the gall to complain about breast sizes in a series that is clearly not about the fanservice. I agree with the people that replied to that guy by telling him if he wants to see boobs, he should watch High School DxD instead. But anyway, I welcome the plot and interesting interactions that the Princess brings into the series. I also welcome the return of Chiaki and more Jenny & Lynn to this series. (And for the record I do ship Marika X Chiaki and Jenny X Lynn)

Quote:
Hmm... Something that appears to be an English version of the official site spells our Princess' first name as "Gruelle" rather than Gruier. Given the debacle with translations last week, I'm inclined to say this is Crunchyroll's fault again.
I would definitely trust the English version of the official site over Crunchyroll's subs. So I guess I'll remember to refer to the princess as "Gruelle" instead of Gruier. That was definately a very useful find. Thanks Wanderer. Our waifu, Jenny, would be proud.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-26, 18:31   Link #1159
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Oh, yeah... A few pages ago I mentioned about the idea of a Moretsu/Firefly crossover fic, and then this episode came up. Got myself laughing after it seems this was a case of coincidence.

Talk about Serenity.
Yes, I too found the humor in that situation. And in my fic, I based my protagonist Kaelis on Mal himself. By any measure however, anyone who is "Captain of Serenity" in this world will have unfortunate inneudo.

About Gruelle's princess hairdo. Why do all space princesses imitate Princess Leia?

...by the Force. What am I thinking.

Kaelis was based on Mal who was inspired by Han Solo. Gruelle is the picture-perfect Leia. Does this mean obligatory Kaelis x Gruelle?!
Old 2012-02-26, 18:37   Link #1160
Random Wanderer

Inaccurate comparison. First of all, fanfic discussion really should be elsewhere (presumably wherever the fanfic itself is). Second, the comparison to Leia is minimal: only in hairstyle, and in fact only in a small portion of the hairstyle. Their personalities COULD NOT be more different, and frankly a lot more of Gruelle's hair looks different from Leia's than looks similar.

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri