Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-03, 14:57   Link #21
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
That end art!

Well, it looks like Arslan may not be the legitimate son of Andragoras after all. I'm now thinking he may not even be Tahamenay's son either. As for Hilmes, I don't think he's the current Queen's son but he may be the real son of Oroes. So Hilmes and Arslan may not even be half-brothers at all, and Arslan may not have royal blood. Whoa, this will make it even more difficult for Arslan to ascend the throne. The only way is for him to gain the loyalty of the army and people of Pars, and forever hide his heritage.

So I'm guessing that Hilmes is the son of Oroes and another woman. Then Oroes stole Tahamenay, who then got stolen by Androgoras, and her real son is hidden somewhere. This makes me wonder who Tahamenay's son and real husband is. And who Arslan's parents are. I remember they said Arslan used to live among a commoner's family. Androgoras probably chose him because he resembled Tahamenay most closely.
Tahamenay was the wife of another ruler and Andragoras took her as his wife after defeating that ruler, Oroes had nothing to do with Tahamenay and I doubt they even met.

Also, while I don't think Arslan is the son of either of them, the theory that he was picked because he looked like Tahamenay doesn't hold-up because it has been mentioned that aside from fair hair and skin, he looks nothing like her. I'm thinking, Tahamenay's child will end up being Ester since they look alike and because she was a girl, Andragoras took her away and used her as a hostage to keep the Tahamenay obedient. He likely then took a random boy from an orphanage and raised him as his son instead (it is likely that Andragoras is infertile too) so he would have an heir.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 15:22   Link #22
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Tahamenay was the wife of another ruler and Andragoras took her as his wife after defeating that ruler, Oroes had nothing to do with Tahamenay and I doubt they even met.

Also, while I don't think Arslan is the son of either of them, the theory that he was picked because he looked like Tahamenay doesn't hold-up because it has been mentioned that aside from fair hair and skin, he looks nothing like her. I'm thinking, Tahamenay's child will end up being Ester since they look alike and because she was a girl, Andragoras took her away and used her as a hostage to keep the Tahamenay obedient. He likely then took a random boy from an orphanage and raised him as his son instead (it is likely that Andragoras is infertile too) so he would have an heir.
I think you're giving spoilers here, since I don't recall the first season ever indicating that Tahamenay's child was a girl. Also, I remember the flashback indicated that Oroes stole Tahamenay from another, and then Andragoras stole Tahamenay and the throne from Oroes.

I don't remember whether it was said that Arslan didn't look like Tahamenay but I do remember Daryun's uncle asking whether Arslan more resembled Tahamenay.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 17:37   Link #23
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Happy to have Arslan Senki back and it continues where it left off. So many developments in this one episode. I'm stoked and thrilled. Only 8 episodes... It is going to feel too damn short by the end of it. (T_T)
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 18:37   Link #24
Jerseykid

Arslan better get at least a kiss this season!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 22:01   Link #25
Wandering Soul

Happy that they didn't waste any time with recaps or any re introductions. There were also some interesting events in this episode. Wasn't expecting Andragoras to break out like that.
Old 2016-07-03, 22:46   Link #26
Top Sergeant

Great start to the season. Its like they picked up a box full of plot threads, shook it really good, then dumped it out on the table! It will be a lot of fun to see how this all shakes out.
Old 2016-07-04, 03:29   Link #27
Yamada II

Episode 1

So Turan attacks Peshawar while Arslan was about to attack Ecbatana which forces them to return back to where they set off from. It was expected that more neighbors would take advantage of Lusitania's attack and here Turan just ruined Arslan's plans to take back Ecbatana.

Elsewhere, Gieve, Hermes, and Bodin are vying for some legendary sword which will help in their accession to the throne. Three parties fighting for one object – two of them battle it out and the third makes away with the prize.

And Andragoras is one hell of a monster. He breaks free just when Guiscard arrives to question him about Hermes. Guiscard is taken hostage and Andragoras sits on the throne. And now we're about to get some stuff about Arslan. Arslan is Tahamine's child and not Andragoras' which means that Arslan isn't of royal blood. Which means that Hermes is more deserving than Arslan between the two. But that probably wouldn't stop Arslan from trying to take the throne himself.

Also, the new outfits shown in the OP and ED are quite good (save for Arslan's shorts), especially Farangis and Alfreed's.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 06:20   Link #28
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

BTW. I can't stop shipping Arslan with Estelle even if I know that this ship won't sail.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 06:26   Link #29
RDNexus

Why won't it? It seems like they're hinting at it
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 06:34   Link #30
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Novel readers said "don't even hope".
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 06:37   Link #31
RDNexus

Oh, OK. If they say so, it's because they know better.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 08:04   Link #32
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Wanted to buy the game on steam, but only 10% discount for summer sale.

She looks more like Riza Hawkeye to me.
Actually now that you mention it, she does lol is this EdxRiza in another universe? lol sounds like a bad fanfic
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 10:29   Link #33
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Arland: We must go rescue them!

His father: Nope, I can rescue myself.

Me: ?!
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 14:47   Link #34
Darthtabby

This is only eight episodes? That sucks. The show was really hitting its stride towards the end of last season, and this one hit the ground running.

Then again, perhaps the fact that they have only a few episodes to worry about is part of the reason they were able to do so much fight scene animation in this episode.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 15:43   Link #35
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

The Mongols are attacking! The Mongols are attacking!

For an entrance to this second season, it was pretty good. Turan really picked the wrong enemy to fight against, but they look like strong opponents as well. So all of that quest to Moune Demavant was made in order to find the legendary Rukhnabad sword. I really wonder what properties or cultural meaning that sword might have if people are willing to risk their lives to find it. By the way, those Temple knights are really becoming a pain in the ass. Bodin should have his head on a spear if not having his whole body impaled.

Andragoras... that was badass of a return. I expected better from Guiscard, but I guess weakness is in the genes to various degrees in that imperial family (). Now the big question is who is Tahamenay's child since it's already obvious that Arslan is no one's royal child.

Based on the opening sequence, we will have naval battles. I'm sure it will be special when we will get there.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 18:16   Link #36
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
Arland: We must go rescue them!

His father: Nope, I can rescue myself.

Me: ?!
It looks like his dad is going to be the real final boss. Which makes sense, he looks the most evil out of everyone lmao.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 19:39   Link #37
Chosen_Hero

When you take over a city with rusty chains and one hostage you know you are badass.
Old 2016-07-04, 19:54   Link #38
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Novel readers said "don't even hope".
I'll keep hoping anyway. There is plenty of precedent for anime versions to diverge from the manga, light novel or novel they may be based on.
Old 2016-07-04, 20:43   Link #39
Irenesharda

Finally got a chance to see the new episode and already I'm hyped!

They did a good job reintroducing the characters and the situation and bringing us all up to speed, showing us what was going on in the land of Pars.

Man, it has been so long! But they didn't even skip a beat. We have Arslan dealing with people trying to take over the land while they go and deal with the Lusitanians, we get more of the Etoile/Arlsan romance. We get Gieve being awesome.

And then, there's that ending. Arslan's dad is free and pretty smart about doing it. They guy didn't become and stay king for nothing. And now he's taken the capital back. But what's going on with him and the queen?

That's the first time I've ever seen real emotion in that woman's face. What is the king holding over her? Is she talking about Arslan or another child? I'm sorry, but another heir to the throne would just be ridiculous at this point. I'm going to assume she's talking about Arslan and she's worried about him after he went to battle and didn't return.

I mean, while she's mostly been cold to him, I think we're all pretty sure that she's his mother, she's the only one he actually looks like. But we don't know for sure as the plot thickens.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 22:00   Link #40
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Andragoras... that was badass of a return. I expected better from Guiscard, but I guess weakness is in the genes to various degrees in that imperial family (). Now the big question is who is Tahamenay's child since it's already obvious that Arslan is no one's royal child.
Guiscard has been presented as a poor man's Narsus without the martial or painting skill. Not surprising that martial monster Andragoras would be able to overpower him. More surprising that he managed to turn it into a takeover of the entire city...