AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-03, 18:49   Link #1
kaevne

Duke or Cornell?

I got into both, but with no aid or scholarships to either...
Which one should I go to?
kaevne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 19:15   Link #2
MikoKikyo

hey congratulations. whichever one is cheapest, *less expensive? (I know I know the difference is prob like, only a thousand or so)
Factors to consider: which one is closer/further from home, which one has the best program for your major, setting, student:teacher ratio...but I guess that's all trivial when it comes to Ivies.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-03, 21:00   Link #3
kaevne

Thanks! My major is engineering undecided; but I'm actually gonna go into the pre-med track. I live in MD, so they're both 5-6 hours away. Cost difference is about ~500 bucks lol.

Maybe a few years ago, diversity at Duke might have been a problem, I care since i'm asian, but now its a lot better.

no clues, anyone attend or know people who attend? what do they think?

oh yeah and I know nothing about basketball btw, there's a Duke championship game in 5 minutes and my dad, UMD Terp graduate, is watching while i'm sitting here watching One Piece.
Old 2004-04-03, 21:50   Link #4
MikoKikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaevne
Thanks! My major is engineering undecided; but I'm actually gonna go into the pre-med track. I live in MD, so they're both 5-6 hours away. Cost difference is about ~500 bucks lol.

Maybe a few years ago, diversity at Duke might have been a problem, I care since i'm asian, but now its a lot better.

no clues, anyone attend or know people who attend? what do they think?

oh yeah and I know nothing about basketball btw, there's a Duke championship game in 5 minutes and my dad, UMD Terp graduate, is watching while i'm sitting here watching One Piece.
wow I can see why you'd be in doubt....hmmm can't help you much there, but I'd personally prefer going to Duke. I might apply there myself next yr.

haha...who'd wanna watch bb when you can watch OP?
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 23:26   Link #5
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

i heard cornell is the hardest school of all Ivy leagues.. and the easiest to get into. (well its still near impossible to get in)
Mr. Bushido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 23:47   Link #6
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Somehow I don't see how the opinions of a bunch of anime fans on a forum are going to effect your decision.

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-04-05 at 11:34.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 00:01   Link #7
sasukeXoro
scratch n' sniff avatar

PFFFFFFFFFFFT, neither, me wents to drop out school, and me makers 7.75 an hours!!!!!I gots a pimped out 1983 chevy chevette with a screaming .5 LIter eninge and 800 dollar rims, ! i roool on 50 inch dubs, fooo.

Who needs school anyway? im alomst all up my why to assiastant part time night shift manager at best buy, and I get all the demo equp for 1/3 price, and the unsold MJ CDs, free, they goes fro like 2 bucks a pop on the streets, whe use dem for shot practice, A SKEET SKEET SKEET

serisoulsy, expect to pay out the ass unless you got a wealthy family, which i expect you do, and I know of course you probally have scholarships. and it doesnt take a duke or cornell grad to ascertain that you're just sticking your ass in the air waiting for someone to kiss it =D , im just kidding

If you cant afford those schools, RICE is a really nice "ivy"-type school, and relativly cheap.
sasukeXoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 00:02   Link #8
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Somehow I don't how the opinions of a bunch of anime fans on a forum are going to effect your decision.
You took the words right out of my mouth. And I say Cornell since they're known for their technology courses.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 02:07   Link #9
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Cornell is a much better engineering school than Duke I believe. Just from knowing that I would go with Cornell, but that's my opinion (as a senior engineer)
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 11:55   Link #10
kaevne

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasukeXoro
PFFFFFFFFFFFT, neither, me wents to drop out school, and me makers 7.75 an hours!!!!!I gots a pimped out 1983 chevy chevette with a screaming .5 LIter eninge and 800 dollar rims, ! i roool on 50 inch dubs, fooo.

Who needs school anyway? im alomst all up my why to assiastant part time night shift manager at best buy, and I get all the demo equp for 1/3 price, and the unsold MJ CDs, free, they goes fro like 2 bucks a pop on the streets, whe use dem for shot practice, A SKEET SKEET SKEET

serisoulsy, expect to pay out the ass unless you got a wealthy family, which i expect you do, and I know of course you probally have scholarships. and it doesnt take a duke or cornell grad to ascertain that you're just sticking your ass in the air waiting for someone to kiss it =D , im just kidding

If you cant afford those schools, RICE is a really nice "ivy"-type school, and relativly cheap.
yea i really really really wanted to go to rice, it was my first choice. But since i live in MD i'm out of state and I got deferred EA then rejected. Its the most amazing school i've ever visited. The people are elite because of how small the class is.
Old 2004-04-05, 13:34   Link #11
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
My cousin goes to Cornell and loves it there. He was originally going for engineering but he just switched to pre-med. I don't speak to him much but I know he loves the school.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote