AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-02, 19:25   Link #461
Xcomp
Owe No Favours!

Very strange developments indeed. Wonder how long Touya can resist Yayoi's advances if they continue. He was attracted to her while in the restaurant after all and even after the cold kiss he still thought about her despite trying to pull himself away. Well, at least she's not one of his goddesses (yet?).

Now it's Misaki again... Him trying to repay his goddesses will probably lead him into disaster eventually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
For those of you wondering what the heck Yuki wrote in the strange encrypted note written in numbers....

It's a 80s thing. You see, people used to send messages using pagers (Pocket Bells).
Here's the table for the codes.

However, the last 01004 doesn't apply to this code list.
It comes from pager abbriviations based on phonetic reading of the numbers, for often-used phrase or places (such as train stations)
0 from 丸 (circle) and reads "ma", 10 from english number ten and reads "te", 4 for chinese number sė and reads "su".

It was annoyingly inefficient system, but it was a fad during the pocket bell (pager) era.
Thanks for that, Aohige! Haruka pretty much told him the message (somehow) but, it's interesting to know where those numbers came from anyway!
Xcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-02, 23:39   Link #462
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Heh. There's probably no faster route to career-death other than pulling a Miyamura Yuka or Tange Sakura.
Do tell, what do you mean by pulling a Miyamura Yuka or Tange Sakura?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 00:34   Link #463
4Tran

I watched episode 5, and I'm of two minds yet again. The artsy direction seems to be a bit toned down, but there wasn't all that many scenes that did anything for me. I can't get worked up about Misaki's problems or worrying over Yuuki's career or any of the Yayoi stuff. On the bright side, Paku Romi is doing as great a job as ever, and the scene with Akira was excellent. I really like what the creators have done with his character, and for whatever reason, the direction for him seems to really sparkle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
Do tell, what do you mean by pulling a Miyamura Yuka or Tange Sakura?
Miyamura Yuko (sorry, I'm not sure how I changed her name to Yuka) was hot off her success as Asuka in Evangelion and instead of going on to much greater things, pretty much disappeared off the voice-acting scene after Berserk/Outlaw Star. I believe that someone found out that she had been an AV actress when she was younger, and that was about it.

Tange Sakura was equally hot off her success as Kinomoto Sakura in Cardcaptor Sakura and she went off and disappeared as well. In her case, I think she was involved in trying to break seiyuu away from the studio system to some sort of quasi-union system. Instead of accomplishing that, she got effectively blacklisted, and she hasn't been in anything significant for a very long time.

The seiyuu business can be very ugly. Funny enough, this sort of ties into episode 5 of White Album, with the pitfalls of showbiz and all.
Old 2009-02-03, 01:46   Link #464
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

touya is quite abmirable in ep 5, what do you do when hot chicks invite you to get laid?

answer: stay adolescent
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 06:07   Link #465
Key Board
Carbon

A lot of famous voice actors do eroge roles. It's somewhat accepted.

ttp://gph.sakura.ne.jp/va_memo/system/vadb.cgi

AV is far more scandalous though

//
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 08:42   Link #466
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I love this show. It's like watching a flower open to the sun.
Except it's winter. And everyone's gloomy.

The mystery of the cupboard is revealed! And I was right! Well, one of my infinite theories. I knew there was something about that door sound. Wonder what that crypto is.
I did not see that coming. I figured there was an additional door else where that Touya didn't know about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Wow wasn't expecting that from Yayoi looks like she gave him the push to put down Yuki. Yayoi offering herself is going a bit far she must be the one who is lonely
That was unexpected, for sure. My first thought was she is going to tell Yuki that Touya cheated on her with herself. But Yayoi needs to keep things professional and maintain a good relationship with Yuki.. so yeah.

Quote:
Guess his relationship with Yuki can't be that strong. Touya is being a typical male in keeping his many options open . The only girl that seems to get rejected by him is Haruka who might be waiting for him to let his guard down after Yuki tramples his heart
Yayoi got shot down too this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Poor Misaki ! but what did he say the bastard "compared to what you have done to me" ?
I am guessing he forced her to do some sexual favor of some sort that would tarnish her reputation and potential career if it got out.
Old 2009-02-03, 08:47   Link #467
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I am guessing he forced her to do some sexual favor of some sort that would tarnish her reputation and potential career if it got out.
Huh? No, uh. Misaki is sad about them being mean to her, forcing her to make costumes all by her lonesome. Mean Guy tells her it's nothing in comparison to how she's treated him. I'd guess Mean Guy had a crush on Misaki and asked her out on a date or something, and she turned him down, in a way that embarrassed him. This is his revenge.
Old 2009-02-03, 09:08   Link #468
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Huh? No, uh. Misaki is sad about them being mean to her, forcing her to make costumes all by her lonesome. Mean Guy tells her it's nothing in comparison to how she's treated him. I'd guess Mean Guy had a crush on Misaki and asked her out on a date or something, and she turned him down, in a way that embarrassed him. This is his revenge.
Whoops.. read that line backwards while I watched the episode.
Old 2009-02-03, 09:46   Link #469
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
I did not see that coming. I figured there was an additional door else where that Touya didn't know about.
At one point I just decided that Eiji was hiding in the closet... I don't know why I didn't suspect a secret room...

Quote:
Even if this might have been an accidental response... Unless it was everybody's favorite protagonist, I don't think there would be any sexual favors from her!

Quote:
Old 2009-02-03, 11:35   Link #470
Deevian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Shallow? Decay? Where do you get this from? Some examples would help?

The way I see it, Haruka and Misaki are very good friends to him, and in fact poised to deepen their relationships if they could. Which is the opposite of decay, and I disagree with the "shallow" notion aswell - unless you want to measure them against the level of a lover. But that would be kinda inappropriate, wouldn't it?

With Yuki I can accept the "decay" level, I agree with you there (regardless of Yuki's actions at the end of ep4). And I guess "shallow" is defensible too, though I consider the term slightly misleading. I'd say it's clearly visible that Yuki is very important to Touya - his desire to stay close to her is genuine and not shallow. What indeed is shallow is their level of communication and consequently their understanding of each other. Is that what you mean?

I've been quietly reading this thread for quite some time now, and I must admit, I'm loving your posts. I find myself thinking the same way you do, but I just can't convey those thoughts into words - I love Touya, and I really can't believe that people are calling him shallow like that. Reality is complicated and people are complex; everyone should understand that.

By the way, do you have a blog or something? If not, have you ever considered starting one? I would adore to read more of your contemplations about White Album... with all that trolling business going on lately, it's rare to find decent anime blogs these days :/
Deevian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 12:21   Link #471
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah i was wondering if it was sexual favor . Glad it was not like you said .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 12:39   Link #472
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Episode 5 was quite interesting indeed. I was not surprised when we saw that Yuki had fallen asleep i knew there was no way they were going to do it it was just too easy. But what surprised me was later on in the encrypted note she basically states lets try again and i wont fall asleep. Apparently this is something that Yuki really wants to do but again i see selfish reasons behind it.

But i feel Touya was a complete ass for ignoring her phone calls. The whole situation with Yayoi blew me away i was like WTF. But after i thought about it some of her actions make sense. She really is like a lifeless doll even her lips were cold according to Touya. Her manner of speaking her posture everything about her seems robotic. To me Yayoi is a women who has nothing but her work thats it and she is willing to go through any lengths to make sure her work is carried out properly. Even if she would have slept Touya she probably would have laid there like a dead fish. She does not show emotion and thats why it was somewhat easy for Touya to resist her in all honesty she is a pretty women with no sex appeal. I expect her behavior to continue to in the next episode and im also half expecting Rina to find out about it. I dont Yayoi's advances will last much longer but enough to make Touya uncomfortable.

Touya has his own issues as Mikaki calls bawling on the phone and at the most inconvenient time. Once again i knew they were not going to make Touya meeting Yuki again easy its a theme and will continue. I thought Misaki would be somewhat of a strong character but it seems she is prone emotional break downs. However, i cant blame her being upset no one wants to be treated that way those guys are treating her they are all douche bags i never understood the running theme of guys picking on girls in the worst way in animes but it happens all the time oh well. Im not sure how Touya is suppose to solve this bullying problem and im not sure what Misaki did to douche bag #1 to warrant such treatment.

I do see a clear path now of how Rina will enter the picture as a romantic interest. Yayoi has set it up by planting the thoughts of being a burden or obstacle in Touya's mind. As time goes on he will spend less and less time with her and probably avoid her more like he did with the phone causing their relationship to crash and burn like the Hindenburg, which would suit Yayoi just fine but Yuki im still not sure what her reaction would be when it gets to this point. She is very self absorbed into becoming an idol will she even care? But she will learn that you wont be an idol forever and when her 15 min of fame is gone what will she have left? not love because she threw that away to become an idol. I said this before but Yuki lacks foresight and Touya lacks motivation. They spend more time talking pass each other than too each other. If their relationship somehow withstands the strom i will be quite shocked right now i cant see it lasting.
Old 2009-02-03, 13:21   Link #473
prototype_sky

Touya got caught lying to Haruka about his date with Yuki.
Why did he lie?
Also he hasn't fully rejected the manager.

By the way how old is Rina and the manager?
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 13:36   Link #474
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
By the way how old is Rina and the manager?
Touya 20y,
Yuki 19y,
Rina 19y,
Misaki 21y,
Haruka 19y,
Mana 17y,
Yayoi 24y,
Akira 19y,
Eiji 28y.

According to http://www.whitealbum-tv.com/character.htm
Old 2009-02-03, 14:20   Link #475
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Quote:
In my defense I watched it early in the morning (8sh). lol.

Quote:
Touya got caught lying to Haruka about his date with Yuki.
Why did he lie?
Also he hasn't fully rejected the manager.
Why did he lie? That was a bit weird.. maybe because of what Yayoi said and Yuki's reputation, but Haruka is their friend so that doesn't make sense. She did pop into his head in the beginning of the episode so maybe its something else. And wouldn't running out of the car like that be a full rejection?
Old 2009-02-03, 17:29   Link #476
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol, she fell asleep while he was showering. You would think the anxiety would keep her awake.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 18:37   Link #477
prototype_sky

Quote:
In my defense I watched it early in the morning (8sh). lol.

Why did he lie? That was a bit weird.. maybe because of what Yayoi said and Yuki's reputation, but Haruka is their friend so that doesn't make sense. She did pop into his head in the beginning of the episode so maybe its something else. And wouldn't running out of the car like that be a full rejection?
Telling her to never talk to him again equals full rejection.

It was more of a I don't need your pity money/sex.

She practically sexually harassed the poor boy this whole episode if you switch the genders
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 19:01   Link #478
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
lol, she fell asleep while he was showering. You would think the anxiety would keep her awake.
Well laying on the bed when you're facing any sort of stress (positive or negative) can make you tired. Especially when you're supposed to have been asleep already. I'm sure it being that time of the night and with the impending action she probably fell asleep without intending to. Either that or she decided she wanted to take a nap so she was well rested, to help counter the fact that she was going to be very tired soon.

Quote:
Telling her to never talk to him again equals full rejection.

It was more of a I don't need your pity money/sex.

She practically sexually harassed the poor boy this whole episode if you switch the genders
I think it was pretty obvious that he wasn't taking what she was offering. I don't see how there's any confusion about that. Although he heard what she had to say, he did everything 'and' rejected her. The only thing he didn't reject was what she was saying about his relationship with Yuki. In all honesty, he really is smart for considering it. If you didn't realize it by now, he IS Yuki's scandal. That's what he'd become, especially if they weren't careful.

He's not a bad person for considering breaking up with his girlfriend for something like that. If you do, you're a hypocrite because I'd say a vast majority of you have broken off a relationship for a serious reason just like this. This is literally the difference between Yuki being a popular idol, or being labeled a whore by the public. It's not wrong for him to leave her, because she obviously couldn't handle that.
Old 2009-02-03, 19:48   Link #479
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my dear lord, i wanted to kill something while watching this episode. like, i was rocking back and forth pulling at my hair... this was so painful to watch because of 1. Touya's inability to stop what's her face from doing what she did, and 2. possibly THE most unfortunate series of incidences i can remember from recent times.

holy crap. i can't even say how upset i am at this ep. like, this will NEVER happen in real life. things just don't go wrong in sequence like this. something positive has to happen in the middle somewhere. didn't they have caller id in the 80s..

i liken this to this example: even if you're fired from your job, have to walk home because you have a flat tire, and it rains while you have to walk home, you don't get hit in the head by a falling air plane part, get knocked out, have a stray dog come pee on you, and get run over by a car. things don't go that wrong.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-02-03 at 20:00.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-03, 20:13   Link #480
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh my dear lord, i wanted to kill something while watching this episode. like, i was rocking back and forth pulling at my hair... this was so painful to watch because of 1. Touya's inability to stop what's her face from doing what she did, and 2. possibly THE most unfortunate series of incidences i can remember from recent times.

holy crap. i can't even say how upset i am at this ep. like, this will NEVER happen in real life. things just don't go wrong in sequence like this. something positive has to happen in the middle somewhere. didn't they have caller id in the 80s..

i liken this to this example: even if you're fired from your job, have to walk home because you have a flat tire, and it rains while you have to walk home, you don't get hit in the head by a falling air plane part, get knocked out, have a stray dog come pee on you, and get run over by a car. things don't go that wrong.
Murphy's Law in full effect my friend.

I liked this episode a lot. There was a subtle tension throughout, and as the end neared I just kept thinking, "wow this is going to be over soon and I am going to be pissed." I really enjoy the slow build up, and I feel like yayoi's actions in episode 5 show that this series is slightly more unpredictable than we first thought.

Not much else to say that hasn't been said - biggest cliff hanger for me is what rina wants :b
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen