AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-25, 15:49   Link #121
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I knew Nyanko was getting fatter.

To be honest I chuckled quite a bit myself when Natsume came out and said it as I also thought he was looking more ... err ... "robust" in the first ep of this season.
Old 2012-01-26, 01:46   Link #122
ifk

I've watched the 4th episode.
Goddammit... Natsume Yuujinchou and its bittersweet episodes strike again... This is what hooked me with this series.
ifk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 12:51   Link #123
Tworble

I personally like how many of the trials of the youkai reflect on Natsume's own life, when their isn't something obvious, it is fun to wonder.

I felt a bit of foreshadowing in that old, rolled up piece of paper; like perhaps something in Natsume's past would be opened up to him.
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-26, 13:10   Link #124
Yume Hanabi

A little thing I love about Natsume is how sometimes yokai assault him and he looks so helpless and you start to freak out ("omg Nyanko-sensei where are you, save him now!") and then the next moment he OHKO-punches them XD
This never fails to amuse me.
Old 2012-01-26, 13:20   Link #125
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Natsume is actually really powerful, so I always found that funny as well.
And, another great episode. Even after 3+ seasons it still hasn't lost its touch at telling wonderful stories.
Old 2012-01-29, 14:34   Link #126
Dop
Mmmm....

That was just such a beautlfully sad story it had me in tears at the end when Karikami said the person who wrote the letter was no longer in this world.

The voice, the smile that still remains in his heart.
All of it was a long time ago.
Humans lead such short lives.

Such beautiful melancholy.

That's why I watch this show.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 16:08   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What a wonderful episode we had this week. I loved seeing events from the point of view of an "outsider", and then from Natsume's. A shame Natsume didn't get to meet that girl again, but at least she knows he found happiness. I wonder how close the two of them would have grown if Natsume hadn't moved out so soon, I felt huge romantic vibes between the two.

PS: Natsume with longer hair was the sex. Bishiness +100.
Old 2012-01-30, 19:03   Link #128
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Nice to see someone who watched Natsume from the outside who didn't think he was strange in a bad way talk about him. Its a shame he had to move away. Glad Yuriko found out that he ended up in a happy place though. Nice to know that youkai with the scythe is still helping people.
Old 2012-01-30, 19:53   Link #129
HandofFate

Episode 5 was pretty sweet. Nothing extraordinary, just really good storytelling.
It was a nice new perspective to start off from the the view of an outsider. I like how it keeps in mind the same youkai is there, even when the humans in the town are aging.

Like I started thinking of that one episode with a youkai in a tree, and at the end of the episode, Natsume visits it after so many years. That was another good episode that took on the perspective that's not Natsume. But one little detail I liked was when the youkai in the tree was just sitting there throughout the years. The same couple would pass under it, and you saw them passing under it as kids to teenagers and to adults (now married) Thought that was nice touch of 'time passing'
Old 2012-01-30, 22:43   Link #130
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Yes - I agree with the others, I thought the portions looking at Natsume from an outside POV were very interesting indeed.

It's interesting that HandofFate pointed out the ep about the youkai in a tree as a reference for looking at Natsume that way. I coincidentally thought of the same ep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume Hanabi View Post
A little thing I love about Natsume is how sometimes yokai assault him and he looks so helpless and you start to freak out ("omg Nyanko-sensei where are you, save him now!") and then the next moment he OHKO-punches them XD

This never fails to amuse me.
Me too actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
... A shame Natsume didn't get to meet that girl again, but at least she knows he found happiness. I wonder how close the two of them would have grown if Natsume hadn't moved out so soon, I felt huge romantic vibes between the two.
Actually when the ep began I was thinking that she was a brand new character being introduced in the "present time line" as opposed to the past ... until I realized the hair length was different. I must admit to being slightly disappointed. Even though I know thus far the element of romantic interest has not "seriously" entered into the 4 seasons part of me kinda wishes it would, although I would hope that when it enters it is with the same "tastefulness" and gentle touch so characteristic of the series that I have come to love so much.

Oh yes - 8/10 vote for ep 5 from me. This is still my fave series of the season!
Old 2012-01-30, 22:44   Link #131
Kirarakim

Really loved this episode, Natsume is 5 for 5 this season (and I don't think that has happened in previous seasons where I loved every episode this much, I better not jinx it).

Not only was it nice to see Natsume's story from another perspective but I also liked how we saw once again how much Natsume has changed since that time. The last line about him being happy was very poignant.

I did sort of wish that Natsume and the girl could meet again (because I liked her) but dramatically speaking the episode probably worked better this way.
Old 2012-01-30, 23:24   Link #132
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Wow. I have to say episode 5 is so far the best one this season. The story direction was pretty good. It was a unique experience seeing how the first half was dedicated to the girl's own perspective, while the other half concentrated on Natsume's side of the events.

It's heartwarming to know that there's someone from his past, felt genuinely happy for Natsume's current state of life. I was hoping that the two would at least meet each other, but perhaps that's asking for too much. It was good. 10/10 from me.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 02:16   Link #133
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In a way this kind of reminded me of that episode where a youkai picked on a younger Natsume, but turned into a cat and finally understood his loneliness. Of course in that case he and the youkai met again which was a nice moment. I do wish in this case that Natsume and Yuriko met at least once at the end. I mean sure it works alright this way...but just think that meeting would have made it perfect.

Still I like the idea of showing things from an outsider's point of view (that isn't a youkai) and Natsume's view of the same circumstances. It really was a nicely done episode in that respect. Plus I just like that someone like Yuriko exists. Someone who cared about Natsume and really looked at his situation and how he was treated. Also I could take in some of the irony here. Natsume can see youkai no matter what he does. But those people around him could choose to ignore obvious evidence that Yuriko pointed out about the glass. They could simply see him as a weird and troubled child. On the other hand Yuriko tried to see Natsume and saw the kindness inside of him.

Not a perfect episode in my view (it just needed the meeting for that), but pretty darn close to perfect .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2012-01-31 at 02:27.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 02:17   Link #134
sergel02

It was a pretty nice little story. I was so confused at the beginning since I didn't know it was a flashback.

Next week's episode looks kinda boring but it has Kaname so I'm overly excited.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 04:39   Link #135
Yume Hanabi

Beautiful episode.

I liked the bit about the hair - how he said he couldn't ask for money to get a hair cut; and when you see him now, he always has it short (of course, he could have cut it himself, but I don't think that's the case). It shows how special the Fujiwara are.
Old 2012-01-31, 08:01   Link #136
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yume Hanabi View Post
Beautiful episode.

I liked the bit about the hair - how he said he couldn't ask for money to get a hair cut; and when you see him now, he always has it short (of course, he could have cut it himself, but I don't think that's the case). It shows how special the Fujiwara are.
Yeah, you know that couple would immediately bring up something like him just going out and getting a haircut. They wouldn't think twice about just giving him the money for it.

In a sense the whole haircut thing kind of reminds me of Full Metal Panic, in a way. Like the lead there Natsume might not be overly comfortable being put in a situation where he's restricted like that. What if a youkai showed up while he was getting a haircut? Back then he would have had to run out like a lunatic which could be dangerous with sharp scissors around the head. Almost safer to take care of it himself.
Old 2012-01-31, 08:04   Link #137
Kirarakim

Hopefully no youkai show up when Natsume is getting his hair trimmed, I can see his reaction + scissors not a good thing.

That could lead to a very bad cut.
Old 2012-01-31, 08:25   Link #138
warita
Dai-Youkai

The next episode looks mighty interesting. Natsume in a bottle and some youkai impersonating him outside? Or possesing his body while the soul is locked up in the jar?
I must say that while this anime is great and i love watching it, the previews dont make me anticipate the next week restlessly. This one does!!!
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 09:14   Link #139
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The next episode does look interesting. This situation will no doubt bring about disasters... and decent amount of comedy as well, I bet. Can't wait to see how everybody will react to that fake Natsume.
Old 2012-01-31, 09:16   Link #140
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
PS: Natsume with longer hair was the sex. Bishiness +100.
So dangerous it threatens your sexuality. (Even when you have that for your signature )
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shoujo