AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 11:38   Link #241
Kona-Kona
Densetsu shoujo "A"

Chiaki is our everyday male-tsundere XD
And Seki Tomokazu is doing a great job as his seijuu, I just have to love him. since this type of characters fits him (kyou, furuba)

Last edited by Kona-Kona; 2008-11-13 at 11:38. Reason: mispelling
Kona-Kona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 15:04   Link #242
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I can see Nodame's frustration with the ever so dense and demanding Chiaki. She does everything she can to go to Europe with him and then he treats her like last weeks trash. OH !!! and if she isn't at his beck and call when HE needs HER, well.. she's not really worth his fussing over in the first place. OH !!! He needs a smack about. Where's the queue to smack Chiaki ?
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 19:42   Link #243
CWW
Lurker

Well, Chiaki did call her and she didn't call back afterwards. When he came back to Paris she wasn't there. When he saw her on the streets she walked right past him. All these little details coupled with Chiaki's childhood flashback caused him to burst with Nodame following rapidly.

Relationships are fickle affairs. Chiaki deep down just wants to be loved.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:40   Link #244
blewin

everything is just too rushed. They should have extended the Paris chapter to 20 episodes or something. The fight is excellent, but there's not enough buildup (not like the manga).

though Nodame does love Chiaki, I think the two of them aren't entirely honest with each other. Perhaps misunderstandings arise because of their opposite personalities. man, Chiaki almost feels like a woman there, expecting Nodame to understand his feeling and resenting her for not understanding.. isn't that the woman's role more? girls being more sensitive?
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 21:19   Link #245
ZODDGUTS

The fight scene was done better in the live action drama it had more of a emotional impact between the two, the anime made more of a comedy intereaction between the two. Anyways here's the fight scene in the live action drama for people who haven't seen it.

It happens aroudn the 11:30 min mark.:

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6307969Q...iewType=search
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-14, 13:04   Link #246
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona-Kona View Post
Chiaki is our everyday male-tsundere XD
And Seki Tomokazu is doing a great job as his seijuu, I just have to love him. since this type of characters fits him (kyou, furuba)
i agree seki has done a wonderful job with chiaki, it's just like how i thought he would be. episode 5 was awesome. i loved what nodame and kuroki did in the play, definitely a priceless moment. and i loved the fight too. it was epic i saw nodame in a different light, and i think no one wants to make her mad she is scary like that.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 01:39   Link #247
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Apologies for the lateness, but the Episode 4 article is up:

[RIUVA] Nodame Cantabile ~Paris Chapter~, Episode 4

I'll try to rush out Episode 5 ASAP.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 09:02   Link #248
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Episode 06:
Old 2008-11-15, 10:32   Link #249
Kirarakim

Spoiler for For Episode 6:

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2008-11-15 at 11:26.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 14:55   Link #250
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Spoiler for For Episode 6:
It's also about Chiaki improving. Not just dealing with people.
Old 2008-11-15, 15:31   Link #251
nanafan
horo fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
true, he still has to grow to be a good conductor. he still has problems atm.
nanafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 16:30   Link #252
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I am not saying Chiaki doesn't have to practice or improve himself as a conductor but that never seems to be the focus of his arcs like it is with Nodame. And all the stories that are about his interaction with people are related to him being a conductor.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-15, 16:41   Link #253
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I am not saying Chiaki doesn't have to practice or improve himself as a conductor but that never seems to be the focus of his arcs like it is with Nodame. And all the stories that are about his interaction with people are related to him being a conductor.
I think they change from time to time. Nodame has episodes where she interacts with new people, and changes them --- same with Chiaki. It's just their roles in the storyline.
Old 2008-11-16, 04:22   Link #254
blewin

I'm rewatching the 1st season. Really miss the music there which is missing in the 2nd season. Just finished the episode with Chiaki's Rachmaninoff... they practically devoted the whole piece there. uh, 2nd season's such a let down in a way.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 06:45   Link #255
Dop
Mmmm....

I'm enjoying the second season, but my main criticism is with the orchestra animation.

In the first series, all the orchestra shots were stills, with movement only in the close-ups which looked like motion-capture CG, but done quite well.
In this series, the orchestra shots are animated, but I actually find that looks worse than the first series' still shots. It just looks like not very good CG and the motion seems awkward.

It's not just me, right?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 09:23   Link #256
CWW
Lurker

CG animation > no animation at all.

I don't really care about the orchestra. I just love to see the piano playing animated, because it makes it look damn impressive as it should be in real life. Many thanks to Akira for the detailed writeups of the various pieces.
Old 2008-11-17, 14:47   Link #257
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Very nice episode, Nissan - Toyota, Nodame's biting attacks and Elise's antics made me laugh out loud despite remembering them from the manga. Son Rui got some development, Chiaki got some much needed humbling again.

And surprise, surprise, things make a lot more sense when they adapt only a few chapters per episode. I really hope they will stick to this more modest pace. But since I rarely watch anime based on mangas that I have read and am the kind of guy who likes to find faults, here are some minor changes which I didn't like:

Spoiler for the manga:

P.S. I was wondering if they were going to change Jean to make him fit the image they created for him in episode 2. Apparently the answer in negative. Even though Chiaki beat him by "enjoying the music more" in the anime, Jean still gets the more prestigious job due to him being more flashy and showy. Is it just me or this doesn't make a whole lot of sense?

P.P.S. This post got way too negative, let's just say I will be very happy if all the faults of the anime from now on are as minor as those I listed.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:17   Link #258
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
And surprise, surprise, things make a lot more sense when they adapt only a few chapters per episode. I really hope they will stick to this more modest pace. But since I rarely watch anime based on mangas that I have read and am the kind of guy who likes to find faults, here are some minor changes which I didn't like:

Spoiler for the manga:
Allow me to add another one.

So, Nodame basically asked Son Rui what the hell the latter is doing in Paris, and then the scene cuts to Son Rui meeting Chiaki in the marketplace, and Nodame making her biting "cockblock" attempt. Doesn't anyone wonder what happened between these two scenes? Didn't anyone wonder what Rui said to Nodame after that, and why Nodame just happened to conveniently appear at the marketplace in time to catch Rui cozying up to Chiaki?

Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 16:32   Link #259
CWW
Lurker

Nodame asks why she is here. No answer. Nodame continues to stalk her as she did in the conservatory. Son Rui calls Chiaki and meet up. Cue cockblocking. There is no underlying significance to make it more complicated. Thanks for the exposition anyway.

I was however surprised when out of nowhere she managed to find Chiaki in person amidst Paris, but that can be chalked up to mere coincidence.
Old 2008-11-17, 17:10   Link #260
rg4619

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Nodame asks why she is here. No answer. Nodame continues to stalk her as she did in the conservatory. Son Rui calls Chiaki and meet up. Cue cockblocking. There is no underlying significance to make it more complicated. Thanks for the exposition anyway.

I was however surprised when out of nowhere she managed to find Chiaki in person amidst Paris, but that can be chalked up to mere coincidence.
Pretty much. The writer chose to leave things up to the viewer's inference, which remains logical enough.

Granted, this is hardly the most elegant modification, but I guess that's their way of dealing with running time limitations.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, josei, musical, nodame cantabile, noitamina