AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-12-31, 09:30   Link #201
luckyovermind
hungry~

They do, actually.
Old 2007-01-01, 04:09   Link #202
kgptzac
Summoner of the Third Eye

the good endings are named something like "Takeshi- Tsugumi 7th day", the bad endings are named just with the words "bad ending" in it. and yes... it is very important to "save system data" in the end.

First of all... i think they spelled 12Riven wrongly... it is supposed to be 12Riven - the Psycliminal of Integral... Yes.... the "Psy" part is denoted with the uppercase Greek letter. This title could be a much more successful release if KID would learn from the mistake they've made in Remember 11... anyhow, when i first got on the official site, the drawing style looks really 'modern' to me and is on a higher level than E17 and R11. R11's style I think is a bit... well, canvas or w/e, and still, with the problem of some male characters look overly feminine =.=|| for R11 i've been guessing Uni's gender for like a long time until i see the character setting on the visual fan book... that's a funny stuff but yes, i had no trouble of identifying main characters' genders for 12Riven. +1 for KID

Another weird thing about 12Riven is the official website had been displaying different set of characters... after an update the 2 out of 3 characters were replace by 2 new characters.

Spoiler for the following content has spoiler for r11/e17/n7:

Although other series of KID seem to have a better sale than Infinity, n7/e17/r11 have educated otakus and probably drawn a population that would normally not touch galgames at all to play, discuss the game and then looking over wikipedia for things like wavefunction collapse, schrodinger's cat, 4th dimension etc. although i don't know the Integral can outshine what is already there... I don't know if it will have anything to do with Cure, deceptive observation and the surreal sense of role-play that Infinity has to offer, but at least we can hope... hope for that somebody in the near future will revive KID or at least put out 12Riven into the market.

edit: some links:

official 12r http://www.kid-game.co.jp/12r/top.html
infinity series http://kid.kir.jp/kid/game/game_galk...dex/index.html

Last edited by kgptzac; 2007-01-01 at 04:22.
kgptzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 06:20   Link #203
Wolfen
So as I pray...

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
the good endings are named something like "Takeshi- Tsugumi 7th day", the bad endings are named just with the words "bad ending" in it. and yes... it is very important to "save system data" in the end.
I feel a bit stupid now...

When I first finished the Takeshi arcs I checked the shortcut menu and saw the first column filled in with the progressive saves for each day, followed by the second column with just the single bad ending, and assumed for some bizarre reason that the first and third columns would be Takeshi and Kid's arc shortcuts respectively with the various endings in the centre column. Thanks for pointing that out.

I plead extreme lack of sleep and emotional trauma...

Despite the many spelling mistakes, apparent search-and-replace errors and strange grammar I am enjoying the game a lot. Kid's arc's are definitely easier to take, imho, and provide a lot of info that seems to be leading up to the revelations in the Coco arc.

It really is a shame that KID folded, I hope that 12Riven eventually makes it onto the market.

Wolfen.
Wolfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-01, 09:57   Link #204
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind View Post
They do, actually.
Sorry. I got mixed up there. My Tsugumi's good end didn't show up, and I finished it and watched through the credits. I can only see the bad ending shortcut in there...
Spoiler for for save screen:
Old 2007-01-01, 19:09   Link #205
luckyovermind
hungry~

As kgptzac stated previously, that "May 7th Tsugumi Version" IS the good ending...
Old 2007-01-02, 13:41   Link #206
martino
makes no files now

Stupid me... *hits his head*

I'll try to remember that, since I'll probably come here asking again. lol
Old 2007-01-07, 08:22   Link #207
randomshinichi

This is my first time playing through the game, and I think I'm getting close to Tsugumi's good ending.

But first, that scene in the 5th day, after Kid gets fed up with eating sandwiches, Takeshi reprimands him, and afterwards Tsugumi calls him a hypocrite and somehow proves to him that saying 'it's better to just live' is... uh, irresponsible.

How is that even wrong? Is this one of those 'no correct answer' questions? If so, why does Takeshi spend so much time sitting in the jellyfish alone thinking this over, concluding that he's actually wrong and finally apologize to the crew?

Have I missed something here?
randomshinichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 10:38   Link #208
Supergrunch
Tegenaria gigantea

Send a message via MSN to Supergrunch
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomshinichi View Post
This is my first time playing through the game, and I think I'm getting close to Tsugumi's good ending.

But first, that scene in the 5th day, after Kid gets fed up with eating sandwiches, Takeshi reprimands him, and afterwards Tsugumi calls him a hypocrite and somehow proves to him that saying 'it's better to just live' is... uh, irresponsible.

How is that even wrong? Is this one of those 'no correct answer' questions? If so, why does Takeshi spend so much time sitting in the jellyfish alone thinking this over, concluding that he's actually wrong and finally apologize to the crew?

Have I missed something here?
I think to get Tsugumi's good ending, the correct choice is to hit the kid, but it isn't absolutely necessary.
Supergrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 11:50   Link #209
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:

Tsugumi is getting at: Just being alive isn't all there is. The quality of that life counts too. "At least you're alive" is not an uplifting thing to say to someone who suffers every moment of that life.

Once you're told of Tsugumi's story, you can see where she's comming from.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 00:01   Link #210
randomshinichi

Well it is much more clearer when you explain it. Although I do see where she's coming from, I don't see why she has to make a really huge fuss about it.

After all, everybody knows that life can be good, but they're not sure that death can be good, so they all try to stay alive. She should know that life could take an upturn too.

Whatever.
Old 2007-01-08, 02:03   Link #211
kgptzac

Tsugumi is all normal but only emo in front of a man like Takeshi

and i came across a strange-looking fan fiction for Ever17... The plot is rather interesting... it's a mix, actually.

Quote:
Early afternoon, May 1st, 2017

The film started to roll. On the screen was a perspective of a deserted corridor. The camera jogged up and down as the person trolled. Start from an elevator hall, nobody was seen. Occasionally some paper, trash, hats appeared on the floor which proved there were people not long ago here enjoying the scenery.
Maybe the word ‘film’ isn’t the most fitting in this situation. The person’s feeling was direction burnt to my head as it actually happened to me. He was confused, but grew calmer as he walked along the corridor. Nobody was there to stop him. A surreal sensation was sparked in his heart. Some kind of ultimate liberation was emerged from the horrid scene of the empty building.
The person reached the a recreational place with flowerbeds and benches. More trashes are on the ground, wrappers, hotdog remains, even bags and purses…

“Isn’t anyone there?”
“What? Is anybody there?”

“So I’m alone… hee hee hee.”
“Ah, ha, ha, ha ,ha.”

Wicked. He’s gone crazy. A hysterical laugh can probably scare tigers away. Suddenly the camera shook in a violent manner. The person started to run… toward a pool! Splash~ he jumped.
Then a stage of decoherency occurred. The jumper felt tranquil all of a sudden as his body sank deeper and deeper.

I trembled awake from the vivid ‘dream’. Someone was slapping me in the face. I coughed out some water and opened my eyes. A girl in employee dress was above me. Seeing me regain conscious, she stopped her brutal action.
“Hey, you alright?” Her lips moved like the eye of a storm. “What the heck are you doing here?”
I had no idea who she is, so I asked her back. “Who are you?”
“That’s not important right now… answer me first, what were you doing in the pool?”

Startled, I tried to remember. Yes, it was the ‘dream’ I had where ‘I’ jumped into the pool… so it wasn’t a dream? A sharp pain came across when I tried to remember anything happened before. I couldn’t tell her the ‘dream’ I saw… maybe because I didn’t consider it real… or perhaps I would be scared of myself if I acknowledge that, I indeed jumped into the pond. All I did was just shaking my head.
“I don’t know… I can’t remember.” It was the truth; I couldn’t remember what made me do what I did and where am I.
“Hmm? Are you high or something?” She’s now more confused than ever. “I don’t know what’s the matter with you… You passed out near the Gift Shop, a guy and I hauled you to the infirmary. The nurses were supposed to be there… Anyway it was crazy; there was a black out, then the alarm rang. Everybody was scared, and later an evacuation was broadcasted in the complex. I rushed back and saw you were still sleeping. Then I went to check with my colleagues, who were being evacuated also. Anyway… you weren’t in the Infirmary when I got back. I thought I heard someone was running in the emergency corridor… I dunno who the heck would that be and so I went on checking the entire second floor.”
Short on breath, the girl paused and inhaled.
“Nobody was on the second floor, so I went to the third floor. I head a big ‘pong!’ in this area. I came running and saw you were in the water!” She stared at me. “Does it ring a bell? What were you doing when I was gone?”
“I don’t know…” The only thing I understood was that she thinks I jumped into the pool myself.
“Arghhh” She closed her eyes. The red on her face while she spoke faded. “Well, at least you should thank me.” She said, pointing to the center square of the Rest Area. A big metal panel covered the entire area where there used to be a pond, according to my ‘dream’. “You would have been drown if I didn’t push you out of the water.”
“Th-thank you…” I gave up thinking. Evacuation… what the heck? It didn’t help except causing me the big headache. I just sat there in silent. “What’s your name?” The girl asked.

“Oh, my name is…” Something. My name is something. Why I can’t say my name out loud? Because I didn’t know; I forgot what my name is.
I told her that I couldn’t remember. Recalling my own name became a source of overwhelming headache. She was beyond surprised when I said that and looking at me like I was from Mars. Then she asked where I lived or my phone number. Of course, I didn’t have memory of those either. Though I did remember the date: May 1st—but not the year.
She sighed and stood up. I then noticed that both of us were soaked with water. “You are sicker than I thought, kid. Let’s go to the Infirmary to get something for your headache.” … She must have seen me pressing my temple when she asked me questions.

“What’s your name?” I asked, finally, on the way up to the Infirmary. She seemed to be taller that me; so I figure she’s older.
“I am You.” She grinned.
“Huh??” I didn’t get it. Her face had a mysterious look under the reddish hue illuminated by the lights in the narrow emergency corridor. She is me?
“My name is Takana You.” She explained. “Takana as the family name, and my given name is way too long, so I let other people call me ‘You’.”

We climbed the emergency stairs since the elevators were broken. The situation looked the same as in my ‘dream’. We were in a large complex which I have no idea what it was. The headache of mine got worse after some walking and it pretty much blocked whatever constructive in my mind, thus I just followed her into this big room of white. She told me to lie down on a bed; I complied. After ingested the two pills she handed to me, I dozed off. Only this time, it’s in the world of white light opposed to pitch black.

The white light persisted. Suddenly I was looking at a multi-screen console. The displays were flashing among different video sources… except one. Without noticing, I focused on that monitor. It looked very recognizable, a big examination table, two beds… white walls and floor. On the first bed, a person lay awake. He rolled to his left and I couldn’t catch his face.
Then I realized the camera was set on the Infirmary. I fell asleep on the bed; I was sure. Then what is this? I’m spying on myself? Sensing the irregularity, I tried to look around my surroundings. At that instance, a figure suddenly appeared on the monitor. I immediately recognized the woman to be You. Her uniform stood out a from a hundred of people.
“What are you doing? This is not the time for sleeping!” She shouted. Through a speaker I heard, of course. “Hurry up, let’s go!” She ran over to the patient and peeled his blanket away.
“What’s the matter…?” A young voice said, it was the guy in bed. It wasn’t me that on the screen. I couldn’t see his face clearly but I knew it wasn’t me. Why? Well… because You didn’t wake me up like that in the Infirmary.
“We got to escape!”
“Escape… to where?”
“Where do you think? Insel Null of course.”
The young man hurriedly got out of bed and ran out of the camera range with You. I did something with my hand and the screen suddenly changed where You and the guy sprinting through the corridor. They stopped at the elevator hall, paused, and disappeared into a small door; from the pixels I saw the label: Emergency Stairs.

Somehow I felt irritated. My throat was thirsty so I stood up. A strange feeling arose; I saw where I was. A room equally shiny like in the Infirmary, just with a lot of computers and screens. There was nobody else, just me. Normally I would have a good look at this place which I suddenly ended up… but the cup seemed to be my only objective. I picked it up and drank the liquid inside it. It was something bitter; instinct told me it was green tea.
Maybe I was worried about You and the guy on the screen, I went back to my seat. With two or three fast clicks, the camera changed. In a narrow corridor which I was pretty sure You and I walked earlier, the girl and the other guy was doing something to a closed door. They took turn to work on the… door handle, but apparently they weren’t able to open it.
Just then, a silent beep caught my attention. A smaller screen my hand was a construction map of something… this complex I assumed. The map focused on a long and narrow rectangle and two dots flashed by a red square. I figured it must be You and the guy trying to open that door thus they appeared to be stopped. On the other side of the long rectangle, a red warning box was flashing along. I quickly detected that a blue bar was filling the rectangle, or the emergency corridor for You. Blue bar… what does the blue bar mean…?
Water.
Horror crept up my spine. I turned my head back to the monitor, looking for You. She and the guy stopped trying to open the door and just stood there. There was no audio signal this time, but they were talking about something. You shockingly raised her hand and pointed backward, the guy turned around…
“Get the hell out of there!! God damn it!”
I shouted out loud, banging my fist on the metal surface. My body reflexively stood up, giving the most vicious stare at the screen. You and the guy were out of the sight… three seconds later, the roaring water rushed in.

I don’t know what the heck this is but I’m going to save them. I again tried to identify my location by looking around… but somehow my neck wouldn’t do so. My body rushed to another terminal and started typing something… On the screen it said: “Watertight Gates Manuel Control System.” I don’t know what I was doing but my body did.
Just then, the ground shook fiercely. I looked up again and saw the lights were flickering also. A low-frequency boom was heard associated with the quake… My vision began to fade… the last thing I caught on my eyes were a word that seemed to be hardly engraved on a ceremonial door, it started with ‘HIMM…’
Old 2007-01-08, 02:37   Link #212
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Well it is much more clearer when you explain it. Although I do see where she's coming from, I don't see why she has to make a really huge fuss about it.

After all, everybody knows that life can be good, but they're not sure that death can be good, so they all try to stay alive. She should know that life could take an upturn too.

Whatever.
Spoiler for tsugumi arc:
Old 2007-01-08, 18:50   Link #213
TronDD
Team the box!

Spoiler for Tsugumi:
Old 2007-01-09, 14:16   Link #214
Enerccio
VN maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD View Post
Spoiler for Tsugumi:
Spoiler for Tsugumi:

Spoiler for Cute chami:

Spoiler for BW:
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 15:49   Link #215
kgptzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enerccio View Post
Spoiler for BW:
Spoiler for coco...:

Last edited by kgptzac; 2007-11-03 at 21:33.
Old 2007-01-09, 17:15   Link #216
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Er...you should fix those spoiler tags before someone sees it .
Old 2007-01-10, 02:42   Link #217
jedinat

"You" should be spelled "Yuu"... It's annoying the hell out of me.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 08:28   Link #218
randomshinichi

err... guys, I just finished Tsugumi's beautiful ending... and I am not getting any options cleared from '[???]' in the Special menu. Shouldn't I get a 'Clear List' submenu at least?
EDIT: In other words... how do I know that my Tsugumi ending is recorded? Because I saved so much... I want to keep my saves for Tsugumi and all the other characters in different folders. It seems to have something to do with save_sys.dat.
EDIT2: Could it be that I have to get her bad ending too?

Last edited by randomshinichi; 2007-01-10 at 11:14.
Old 2007-01-10, 09:51   Link #219
Enerccio
VN maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Enerccio
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgptzac View Post
Spoiler for coco...:
lol, true. But she is from sun so...
Enerccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 18:17   Link #220
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
"You" should be spelled "Yuu"... It's annoying the hell out of me.
Yeah bothers me, too. Did they actually edit the graphics so it would be spelled "You" on her nametag or was it romanized incorrectly to begin with?

And speaking of You (Yuu, not you), I finally got around to finishing her arc. My first impression of it is that it was pretty boring compared to Sora and Tsugumi's endings. It also created a lot more mysteries than it solved. I was expecting that the more I played the game, the more I'd learn, not the more I wouldn't know.

On to Sara then finally Coco. I'm actualy more interested in the epilouges of the stories I've played through than reading Coco's ending.

Tags
visual novel