AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-16, 11:09   Link #561
dxgarten

Just like everyone else, the curiosity got the better of me and I decided to look through Japanese Wikipedia entry about the series and spoiled myself while taking some notes Warning: Major Spoiler The thing is, some of the kanjis are beyond my comprehension level. Would there be any kind soul who have read the novel can point out any mistake or suggestion? I'm especially not sure about some of the terms.

Last edited by dxgarten; 2006-04-16 at 11:26.
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 11:20   Link #562
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxgarten
Just like everyone else, the curiosity got the better of me and I decided to look through Japanese Wikipedia entry about the series and spoiled myself while taking some notes The thing is, some of the kanjis are beyond my comprehension level. Would there be any kind soul who have read the novel can point out any mistake or suggestion? I'm especially not sure about some of the terms.
Man, those are huge spoilers I think you had better mark it out as such even clearer/bigger/bolder than you have already. To make things easier could you point out which were the kanjis you had trouble with?

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 11:31   Link #563
dxgarten

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
Man, those are huge spoilers I think you had better mark it out as such even clearer/bigger/bolder than you have already. To make things easier could you point out which were the kanjis you had trouble with?
Good idea! before I got flamed by someone for it. The thing is I wasn't sure how accurate the spoilers so I wasn't sure if I want to mark it as such. Anyway, I can't recall at the top of my head now but some of the kanjis I was having problem include: 情報統合思念体, 情報の爆発
Old 2006-04-16, 11:46   Link #564
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Just like everyone else, the curiosity got the better of me and I decided to look through Japanese Wikipedia entry about the series and spoiled myself while taking some notes Warning: Major Spoiler The thing is, some of the kanjis are beyond my comprehension level. Would there be any kind soul who have read the novel can point out any mistake or suggestion? I'm especially not sure about some of the terms.

yoink!! Info for the english Wiki-entry!! ADD ADD ADD!!! HARUHI!!! Must...not...read...info....

*cuts and paste the info with his eyes close >.< *

Old 2006-04-16, 11:52   Link #565
dxgarten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
yoink!! Info for the english Wiki-entry!! ADD ADD ADD!!! HARUHI!!! Must...not...read...info....

*cuts and paste the info with his eyes close >.< *

LOL. You may want to ask someone to confirm the accuracy of the information before adding anything.
Old 2006-04-16, 12:01   Link #566
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Good idea! before I got flamed by someone for it. The thing is I wasn't sure how accurate the spoilers so I wasn't sure if I want to mark it as such. Anyway, I can't recall at the top of my head now but some of the kanjis I was having problem include: ???????, ?????
The other readers of the novel would probably want to correct me as I've not reached very far along the novels and my Japanese is still 'half way through' but here's what I understood.
Spoiler for 情報統合思念体 and Yuki:

Spoiler for 情報の爆発 and Haruhi etc.:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-16, 12:12   Link #567
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Spoiler:

I have only read the novel up to vol.2. So what I said may not be that accurate.

btw can you post a full size version of the picture at the top of the page? I would really like to have a closer look at the text. Thanks!
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 12:19   Link #568
dxgarten

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
The other readers of the novel would probably want to correct me as I've not reached very far along the novels and my Japanese is still 'half way through' but here's what I understood.
Spoiler for 情報統合思念体 and Yuki:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for 情報の爆発 and Haruhi etc.:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-16, 12:30   Link #569
dxgarten

Quote:
I have only read the novel up to vol.2. So what I said may not be that accurate.

btw can you post a full size version of the picture at the top of the page? I would really like to have a closer look at the text. Thanks!
Thank you for the correction. As for the picture, I can give you the bigger sized 4 scans but they're not jointed yet. I purposedly resized them to a smaller size before joining the four scans so I didn't have to do too much picture manipulation when joining them.
Old 2006-04-16, 12:31   Link #570
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko
Spoiler:

Can't we just assume everything in episode zero as far as character descriptions are concerned to be spot-on? That works so far when compared to the spoilers...
Old 2006-04-16, 12:35   Link #571
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Can't we just assume everything in episode zero as far as character descriptions are concerned to be spot-on? That works so far when compared to the spoilers...
Yea, gotta be amazed with Haruhi's innate talent in drafting a script that can be both weird and realistic at the same time. :P

Quote:
Thank you for the correction. As for the picture, I can give you the bigger sized 4 scans but they're not jointed yet. I purposedly resized them to a smaller size before joining the four scans so I didn't have to do too much picture manipulation when joining them.
That's okay for me. Can you please upload them to some image hosts? Thanks a lot.

Oh back to Haruhi-ism, have a look at the following page in the official site, then press Ctrl-A...

http://www.haruhi.tv/activitylog.html

Long live Haruhi!
Doraneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 12:47   Link #572
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

thanks you lot! more stuff to add for the wiki!

Nowi have to burn my eyes out, as i now know too much. >.<

no wait. i'll watch the third episodes first before i do that.
Old 2006-04-16, 13:25   Link #573
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko
...Oh back to Haruhi-ism, have a look at the following page in the official site, then press Ctrl-A...
http://www.haruhi.tv/activitylog.html
Long live Haruhi!
ハルヒ万歳! Haruhi banzai! 15498 times banzai!
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 13:36   Link #574
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo
ハルヒ万歳! Haruhi banzai! 15498 times banzai!
Haruhi banzai!!

But what does that number mean? 15498?

A date? 15th of April, 1998? mmm.... The more we look, the deeper haruhi goes...
Old 2006-04-16, 13:38   Link #575
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Haruhi banzai!!

A date? 15th of April, 1998? mmm.... The more we look, the deeper haruhi goes...
Erm.. Its a multiple of the number 9!
1 + 5 + 4 + 9 + 8 = 27
2 + 7 = 9

Old 2006-04-16, 16:16   Link #576
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Haruhi banzai!!

The activity log page listed the episodes up to episode 15498, it's written in white, so you'll see it if you press ctrl+a to select everything.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 16:32   Link #577
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
The activity log page listed the episodes up to episode 15498, it's written in white, so you'll see it if you press ctrl+a to select everything.
Okay, that gave me faint hope that Suzumiya Haruhi will run for more than the alloted 14 episodes. Look how episodes 1-27 seems to be in 3-increment order, while the rest are random number gibberish.
Old 2006-04-16, 16:40   Link #578
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Well it may well be that Haruhi season 2 ep1 will simply be ep14 or part I of whatever volume we get to by the end of season 1.

Until then... I think I am too excited to take a break now.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 17:09   Link #579
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Just refreshing the page on haruhi Wiki (which has been depressingly frequent) when i absently noticed the bit about yuki, i was interested into why did the author made yuki read that perticular book, specifically the "hyperion" series, so i clicked and read what it was about.

Let's just say...it blew my mind!

It's so clever, because if you look into what that book is about.....time travellers, alien sentient-machines.....a seer/priest with super natural powers.....a God being in human form.....

......it sound awfully familiar to certain characters in haruhi....

all....interesting stuff....

Old 2006-04-16, 17:28   Link #580
Bishoujomae

I was wondering about this as well
Spoiler:
Bishoujomae is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen