AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 21:59   Link #1821
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
For what it's worth, I don't think Mana is really "in love" with Mikiya. I think that's just admiration. I don't think it's a coincidence the movie introduces the difference between that and actual love right before Mana's segment.
That only makes a stronger case for Mana being in love with Mikiya than just admiring him. Unlike Seo, there isn't a specific moment shown where Mana fell for Mikiya.

You could certainly make that case with Azaka though, with her memory in Oblivion Recorder.

Quote:
Actually, I think Mana could have feelings for Mitsuru. At the very least they have a lot of chemistry, and not the family-like, if you know what I mean.
There's a 4koma that comes with one of the special BD packages. One of them has Mana wearing a maid outfit, and Mitsuru is touched thinking it's for him. Then she plainly says she wore it for her Papa

I'll look for it later.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 22:27   Link #1822
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That only makes a stronger case for Mana being in love with Mikiya than just admiring him. Unlike Seo, there isn't a specific moment shown where Mana fell for Mikiya.
That's irrelevant. More importantly, what Seo's friend describes as love sort of fits with what I see between Mana and Mitsuru. In fact, they have a similar chemistry to Shiki and Mikiya (with their gender inverted though). On the other hand, Mana's relationship with her father isn't even shown...

Quote:
There's a 4koma that comes with one of the special BD packages. One of them has Mana wearing a maid outfit, and Mitsuru is touched thinking it's for him. Then she plainly says she wore it for her Papa
Of course she would say that. It's in her character to read Mitsuru like a book and tease him that way. Needless to say, I don't think she's saying the truth at all.

Just my two cents. If you disagree, that's cool. No need to turn this into a shipping war.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-19 at 22:43.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 23:07   Link #1823
Shadow5YA

Quote:
That's irrelevant. More importantly, what Seo's friend describes as love sort of fits with what I see between Mana and Mitsuru. In fact, they have a similar chemistry to Shiki and Mikiya (with their gender inverted though). On the other hand, Mana's relationship with her father isn't even shown...
What? Naomi's discussion about love is exactly what I'm talking about.

Images
screenshot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

From Mana's perspective, she has a clear memory about what she likes about Mitsuru - his children's stories and his similarity to her father. There's nothing like that shown with Mikiya. I can agree Naomi's definition fits with Mitsuru, but not the other way around.

I don't care about who Mana likes. I just don't think Naomi's speech supports what you say as much as you believe.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 23:22   Link #1824
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What? Naomi's discussion about love is exactly what I'm talking about.

Images
screenshot
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

From Mana's perspective, she has a clear memory about what she likes about Mitsuru - his children's stories and his similarity to her father. There's nothing like that shown with Mikiya. I can agree Naomi's definition fits with Mitsuru, but not the other way around.
I'm not sure that translation is accurate, the one I watched didn't say that exactly. In my subs she says that you wouldn't remember that first meeting as something so beautiful or something like that, not that you wouldn't remember it at all. Besides, think about it, Mikiya himself never forgot his first meeting with Shiki if I remember correctly (I could be wrong though).

Anyway, personally the main takeaway was that what Naomi said fits Mitsuru and Mana in the way they interact. She says that love is more ridiculous and upredictable, full of ups and downs (she describes it as a rollercoaster), and that seems to fit the way Mana and Mitsuru behave around each other. Similarly, it also fits the way Shiki and Mikiya interact with each other, only the other way around. Mitsuru's like Shiki, brooding and aloof, while Mana's like Mikiya, only a little more playful. Basically Naomi subscribes to the "opposites attract" philosophy imo.

Quote:
I don't care about who Mana likes. I just don't think Naomi's speech supports what you say as much as you believe.
I think it does. Now, let's end this here. I really don't want to turn this into a shipping war. If you have more to say just PM.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-03-20 at 00:25.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-10, 09:29   Link #1825
Gingermash

Im confused.

In the epilogue they part ways?, yet in the next movie they have a child?
do i misunderstand the timeline because the 7th movie ends with them walking of together yet in the epilogue they part ways?

:0?
Gingermash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-10, 11:32   Link #1826
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingermash View Post
Im confused.

In the epilogue they part ways?, yet in the next movie they have a child?
do i misunderstand the timeline because the 7th movie ends with them walking of together yet in the epilogue they part ways?

:0?
Been a while since I watched it, but I recall it being a long discussion with the root personality of Shiki, if they parted ways, it only applied to this personality. Kokuto stayed with female Shiki.
Old 2017-05-11, 01:35   Link #1827
Gingermash

ah seems i misunderstood, you the man
Gingermash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-11, 05:21   Link #1828
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

IIRC they did not "part ways" so much as Void went dormant and Ryougi became primarily the usual female Shiki

Tags
action, harem, type moon