AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 7 8.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 21.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 26.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 24.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 14.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.28%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.28%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-15, 11:58   Link #101
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Hey Lua Thien, in your opinion, what are Yuji's chances in combat agaisnt Pheles?
Old 2007-12-15, 13:17   Link #102
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Read my comment again, as well as minhtam2448's response. Make an inference as to why I highly doubt that Pheles will become the antagonist.
Huh? I said what now?
Old 2007-12-15, 13:36   Link #103
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Read my comment again, as well as minhtam2448's response. Make an inference as to why I highly doubt that Pheles will become the antagonist.
well hes "technically" right, though Pheles isn't gunna die, the "technical" definition for antagonist is "the adversary of the main character or protagonist of a drama or other literary work"(in reference to books, tv shows, and movies anyway). So since Pheles is an adversary for Shana and Yuji (she wants to use the Reiji Maigo to revive Johan, which in turn would kill Yuji) she is also technically the anatagonist. The anatagonist isn't "The Bad Guy" as most people think. If the main character of the book is a bad guy who wants to take over the world, or destroy the world or w/e he would still be the Protagonist, and the guy who would be saving the world would still be the Antagonist.
Old 2007-12-15, 13:36   Link #104
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Whoa, looks like Lua Thien got kicked out of the forums permanently so he won't be able to answer your question.
Old 2007-12-15, 13:37   Link #105
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Whoa, looks like Lua Thien got kicked out of the forums permanently so he won't be able to answer your question.
Why did he get kicked out???
Old 2007-12-15, 13:44   Link #106
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

His last post on here got edited with spoiler posts by Klashikari and some of his other posts on other threads also were problematic by the administrators here.

Anyways,
Old 2007-12-15, 13:46   Link #107
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
His last post on here got edited with spoiler posts by Klashikari and some of his other posts on other threads also were problematic by the administrators here.

Anyways,
Anyways wht??? I answered the question Lua Thien was supposed to answer four posts ago...Atleast I thin I did
Old 2007-12-15, 13:48   Link #108
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Quote:
I hope this offtopic will be done with my post (in other words, please do not discuss any further about the topic i'm currently posting).

In fact, you are completely wrong. Lua Thien was only informed about the fact he posted spoilers without using appropriate spoiler tags (considering the episode thread). The nature of this point doesn't concern the "public", so please don't ask or anything. So no, he is not banned, let alone permanently (One must be quite brutish to be like this so).

That said, that is the same for everyone else: please keep spoilers from future episodes AWAY from older threads until you use a proper spoiler tags (mention of the episode, and so forth).
of course, any novel spoilers are NOT tolerated in any episode thread, even in spoiler tags.

Major EDIT: I stand corrected: even recent episode spoilers are NOT tolerated. The "no future events" is
ABSOLUTE.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-12-15 at 15:42.
Old 2007-12-15, 13:57   Link #109
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Okay, I was incorrect.

By the way, what is the year in the anime? I see the calendar month and day but no mention on what year it is taking place.
Old 2007-12-15, 15:19   Link #110
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Okay, I was incorrect.

By the way, what is the year in the anime? I see the calendar month and day but no mention on what year it is taking place.
We can only assume it is 1990-present, whenever it is. Takahashi did not specify a specific year, and there are no clues that reference to the outside world that can tell us what year this is. Anime-wise, I believe that we can assume that it is sometime around 2000 or further, since from Episode 7, Hayato Ike researches his amusement part plans on what seems to be Windows Me.
Old 2007-12-15, 17:38   Link #111
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Hey Lua Thien, in your opinion, what are Yuji's chances in combat against Pheles?

Potentially, his power might be equal to or greater than Pheles but Yuji's lack of major combat skill and experience are hinderances. So he really doesn't have a chance.

You really live up to your screenname, DX HBK.
Old 2007-12-15, 18:59   Link #112
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Potentially, his power might be equal to or greater than Pheles but Yuji's lack of major combat skill and experience are hinderances. So he really doesn't have a chance.

You really live up to your screenname, DX HBK.
I don't think that his power would be equal to Pheles's. They stated that his power was as high as a average Guze no Ou, and Pheles being a Guze no Ou who scares Wihelimena must be far from an average Guze no Ou.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:45   Link #113
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
I don't think that his power would be equal to Pheles's. They stated that his power was as high as a average Guze no Ou, and Pheles being a Guze no Ou who scares Wihelimena must be far from an average Guze no Ou.
2 points to the Slayer. Besides, if you want a story to be read/viewed, you have to make it a decent length. I don't think we'll see Pheles out of the picture after one or two episodes.
Old 2007-12-15, 19:59   Link #114
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Wilhelmina is scared but I think it's for a different reason instead of how strong Pheles is, something that hasn't been indicated as of yet. Then of course, there's that mysterious silver flame that may or may not be Yuji's unique signature.
Old 2007-12-15, 20:31   Link #115
alvinkhorfire

The bird mascot showing the correct way to get out of maze to Yuji and Fumina in Episode 7 is Kantaro Sakai, right?
Old 2007-12-15, 21:23   Link #116
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
The bird mascot showing the correct way to get out of maze to Yuji and Fumina in Episode 7 is Kantaro Sakai, right?
Oh, no way, don't go there. Doesn't he work abroad?
Old 2007-12-16, 00:32   Link #117
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Wilhelmina is scared but I think it's for a different reason instead of how strong Pheles is, something that hasn't been indicated as of yet. Then of course, there's that mysterious silver flame that may or may not be Yuji's unique signature.
While that is true. I don't think that Pheles is a weak Guze no Ou, not only because she scares Wilhelimena, but also because of reasons that can't be stated because it's a spoiler from Episode 11, and from the novels. Also I don't believe that Yuji has any hope of defeating Pheles the way he is now, and it wouldn't make a difference if he got Blutsauger from Shana, or not.
Old 2007-12-16, 12:26   Link #118
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Why is everyone in here talking about a character who hasn't even appeared in the anime yet, outside (probably) the OP? >_<

*flees thread*
Old 2007-12-16, 13:01   Link #119
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Why is everyone in here talking about a character who hasn't even appeared in the anime yet, outside (probably) the OP? >_<

*flees thread*
because we're all wondering if Yuji could beat Pheles on his own in a fight.
Old 2007-12-16, 15:05   Link #120
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

He might be able to hold his own for awhile but the kid doesn't appear to have any combat experience or tactics to use. Perhaps his only option would be to use the silver flame Fuzetsu to lure Margery. Then Margery would try to kill him, which would then cause the Reiji Maigo to randomly disappear and reappear elsewhere. Of course, Pheles wouldn't be thrilled to let her prize slip away and would be forced to fight Margery in order to kill Yuji herself.

That kid must have a death sentence on his head since Season 1.
Closed Thread