AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 41 33.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 36.36%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 18.18%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 8.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-09, 03:18   Link #141
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Just from the title I could say it's fated to end with RyuujixTaiga, Minori doesn't love anyone (yet) but has a chance since she's Ryuuji's crash...vanity, thy name is Ami.
Old 2009-02-09, 06:02   Link #142
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

What I was wondering about, would Ami's character still be that popular if she wasn't the underdog? I was just thinking and of course i know what the shippers would insist on but truth to be told we'll never know
Old 2009-02-09, 06:49   Link #143
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, if Ami ended up claiming Ryuuji then it just wouldn't be ToraDora anymore.I don't think there's room for what if's, every character was created in order to fill a very specific position (in the end) and yet they're all so easy to change, I guess that's what makes it fascinating
Old 2009-02-09, 07:03   Link #144
Kylaran
A Priori Impossibility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Ami is a third wheel.

Or fifth wheel at this point.

Yeah I said it.

Still love this show, and everyone in it.
Kitamura still exists? :P
Old 2009-02-09, 07:04   Link #145
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Well someone's gotta hook up with Akiha or whatever her name was.
Old 2009-02-09, 08:44   Link #146
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
MasterChibi:

She's just the fourth wheel!
I lost count >_<!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylaran View Post
Yes.

Kitamura will ALWAYS exist.

@.@

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-02-09, 08:59   Link #147
Kafriel
Senior Guest

By the way, is it just me or does Kitamura really look like Keitaro (the hero from Love Hina)?
Old 2009-02-09, 09:46   Link #148
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
By the way, is it just me or does Kitamura really look like Keitaro (the hero from Love Hina)?
Oh good Lord... the answer is hell no... i mean, maybe physically, but not mentally.
I'm interested in Toradora because the lack of "Keitaros"
Old 2009-02-09, 10:08   Link #149
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hahahah, not in that way, just the physical appearance...can't imagine Toradora with even one person sharing his mentality.
Old 2009-02-09, 10:14   Link #150
Tri-ring

Quote:
Hahahah, not in that way, just the physical appearance...can't imagine Toradora with even one person sharing his mentality.
Actually, to an extent Ryuji shares the same characteristics as Keitaro caring for Taiga as Keitaro cares for Naru.
Old 2009-02-09, 10:20   Link #151
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think Keitaro and Naru shared a deeper relationship, although the way things are going it might turn out like that...still,even though those two winding up together sounds like the most natural thing to happen, it would strike me as very weird,dunno why really.
Old 2009-02-09, 11:14   Link #152
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Just when we thought things couldn't get any worse with Minorin yet she manages to destroy Taiga's precious start the scene of it falling and shattering was so sad. But we also have a look at the inner struggle going on within Minorin's heart. Given the circumstances and how unapproachable Minorin has been lately Ryu did an excellent job with her. Even with her running away from him as he vows to wait for her at the dance.

Taiga surprises me again with the presents for her family. One would not think Taiga would be this thoughtful just by looking at her but the complexity of her feelings makes her character very dynamic and makes the viewer want to learn more about her why thinks the way she does why she does what she does. I especially enjoyed her story about Santa and why she likes Christmas so much. Its not that she actually believes in Santa its a precious memory she holds onto from her childhood. I also liked her rational about sending her family presents. For Taiga it mattered no matter what her family might have done to her in the past.

The scene with Ami was so hard to watch. But this is the first time we have had verbal confirmation of Ami's feeling for Ryu. Compared with Minorin or Taiga Ami is so mature yet guarded. Her time with Ryu in the gym closet was a perfect opportunity to put everything on the table but she choose to have Ryu forget everything she said. Yet her conversation with him hit home I think it was wake up a call. I loved her apology about how Ruy Taiga's relationship was not normal phrasing it like Ryu being jealous over giving his daughter away to another man. RYu is jealous and i think this is the first time he has ever felt this emotion which is why he cant identify with it but Ami sure as hell picked up on it.

I cant wait to see what happens at the Christmas party it will be very interesting to watch how things end up. I'm hoping to see Ami dressed up very nice and approach Ryu but i have a feeling Minorin will show which could add some drama to the mix.

very enjoyable episode with a lot of emotional baggage for almost everyone. I love how Ryu dodged Kihara's attempt to get him alone and discuss Kitamura. Im think after the next episode the emotional response from the main characters will increase ten fold.
Old 2009-02-09, 11:16   Link #153
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ya know, the way Ami lets everyone have a chance gives me the feeling she truly loves him...it's so cute *_*
Old 2009-02-09, 11:19   Link #154
Fran~
floating away...

Amin is cute and lovable, but Ryuuji just doesn't love her (yet...).
Old 2009-02-09, 11:39   Link #155
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Ya know, the way Ami lets everyone have a chance gives me the feeling she truly loves him...it's so cute *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Amin is cute and lovable, but Ryuuji just doesn't love her (yet...).
Oh, you guys...

Give me a good imagination of how will Ryuuji react once he knows Ami likes him for real.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-02-09, 11:56   Link #156
Kafriel
Senior Guest

He won't, that's the letdown...most likely he will start liking her and Ami will take things seriously too, but then the ever-ennervating Minorin will tell him to look in his heart or whatever and somehow he's gonna end up with Taiga.Wonder if all that can be done in just 8 more episodes:O
(seriously, if I was Ryuuji I would have taken Ami months ago, the guy is definitely blind)
Old 2009-02-09, 11:59   Link #157
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Oh, you guys...

Give me a good imagination of how will Ryuuji react once he knows Ami likes him for real.
Indeed a good question - we'll [hopefully] see this in AmiDora ~Alternate Story [see some pages above]

Maybe he'll [not] dye his hair yellow.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:37   Link #158
Fran~
floating away...

Wishful thinking... just wishful thinking. Today, Ryuuji loves Minori, period. I dont know what will happen tomorrow, but today, Ryuuji loves Minori.
Old 2009-02-09, 12:41   Link #159
Kafriel
Senior Guest

But Minori doesn't know how to love, just how sad is that?
Old 2009-02-09, 12:41   Link #160
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Wishful thinking... just wishful thinking. Today, Ryuuji loves Minori, period. I dont know what will happen tomorrow, but today, Ryuuji loves Minori.
And loves Taiga too - in a different way.
Closed Thread