AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-02-19, 06:08   Link #40461
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: so just not my type of hope then

@zero: and here I thought you'd drop a draft.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-19, 06:16   Link #40462
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean I won't post it in ff.net soon, just draft-piling and nothing special.
Old 2013-02-19, 07:08   Link #40463
Eratas123

@ Demi - At least it's there

@ Senpai - Updating anything soon? I tend to go once a week now.
Old 2013-02-19, 07:11   Link #40464
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Nope

No chapter is post-worthy
Old 2013-02-19, 07:39   Link #40465
Eratas123

Why not? It's not a big deal.
Old 2013-02-19, 07:40   Link #40466
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I mean except the one under your and blitz' rehauling effort, the rest is unfinished.

For now I'm trying to write TLR Stratos 05, not popular enough that no one will care about err... small stuff. It's not plot heavy too, so it's easier to write.
Old 2013-02-19, 08:05   Link #40467
Eratas123

Dude, stories aren't about Popularity:/ I write because, apart from some small desires to see reviews, I think its fun.

Take Dark of Zero: It'll only be interesting to fans who like both a Nintendo hard JRPG and Shana clone romantic comedy. I still wrote it with the knowledge that no one might read it.
Old 2013-02-19, 08:14   Link #40468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I wrote the whole yugioh 5D's ZnT shenanigan. The first of its kind... Not very popular but I still get the odd request to continue it -_-"
Old 2013-02-19, 08:20   Link #40469
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, I mean without request I ain't exactly knew what reader wanted, so I write as I write (?) usually, without thinking what to do with their ideas. Besides, it's currently top 3 of 'Most read' story in my disposal causing me to go "WTF, it's good enough as it is."

(As you expect, the first two are still on indefinite hiatus, popular demand cannot be fulfilled anyway )
Old 2013-02-19, 08:24   Link #40470
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I try to take request into consideration. But trying to outdo the last chapter is usually suffocating. This is something I realized which makes me, from my perspective, a mediocre writer.
Old 2013-02-19, 08:26   Link #40471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Not really

mediocre writer you might think, you're a good author.

Though TvTropes may agree, sometimes Serial Escalation is a bad idea.
Old 2013-02-19, 08:48   Link #40472
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Dipping back to my pool of OC's I realized that Aries is one of the few "cowardly" protagonists that I've made. If not the only one. At the start, I imagined him unwilling to face Cecilia overall, regretting his outburst at Cecilia's needless pom speech. He was actually supposed to say something like letting Cecilia become class rep despite his initial nomination before he lost his temper. So he's still a bit prideful, if not holding on to somne form of dignity and integrity.
Old 2013-02-19, 09:02   Link #40473
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Sometimes keeping dignity is not measured by public reputation, but by their own wisdom.

Dan in TLR Stratos did this, he's frikin' ASDF, elite of elite -Cadet rep be damned- and a true soldier to the core. What did he did when Lingyin threatened him to handle his tittle?

He gave her, if only fighting her is too much hassle, even though could curbstomp her. No, better Ichika curbstomp her anyway.

His friends of course call him out for being irresponsible (only few outright pointed at the cowardice), but Golem I attack show that all he did is merely tactical retreat.
Old 2013-02-19, 09:09   Link #40474
demino_hellsin
That one guy

In hindsight he really did realize that he was being an idiot. But there's a sense of naive heroism that I wish I could describe in that scene. Because the speech was just really unnecessary if not hurtful. I've been listening to zero punctuation and gaming brit game reviews, which I feel have a ton of english snark. The way Cecilia would give her speech would be her flamboyant self but only with a similar level of snark those two examples make. Normally it just seems blunt criticism but Cecilia doesn't even really seem to have partiality for anyone but herself in tyhe speech I still can't quite seem to arrange in my head. Though I've already imagined the style I'd put it in.
Old 2013-02-19, 09:49   Link #40475
Eratas123

I wonder why I seem to love making anti-heroes:/
Old 2013-02-19, 09:53   Link #40476
demino_hellsin
That one guy

'cuz you are one... In my heart... Lol
Old 2013-02-19, 10:04   Link #40477
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To be honest, most writer DO have their own ideal hero and their progression.

No, not always self insert, nor always wish fulfillment, but the protagonist always became part of the plot more than anyone else. (Spotlight thief aside)

Mohiro Kitoh and his penchant for screwing childhood, sometimes literally, and his protagonist is a broken bird type. Lovecraft and his naive protagonist who always being corrupted to insanity. Osamu Tezuka doesn't go for idealistic hero at first, all of his protagonist when manga began to surface is barely tolerable than the villains. etc. Signature character of that writer, in other words.
Old 2013-02-19, 10:15   Link #40478
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Actually it's ease of relativity. As well as personal fascination. The easier it is to project and delve into that line of psyche, the higher the tendency to use it as a model. At least that's my experience.
Old 2013-02-19, 10:33   Link #40479
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
I wonder why I seem to love making anti-heroes:/
I like making my heroes face impossible odds....

May be that how I view the world? The feeling of helplessness in a world which is best described as bizarre and incomprehensible.

Possible that somewhere deep inside, I really hope that my action will contributed to something positive rather than being gone to waste.
Old 2013-02-19, 21:23   Link #40480
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
To be honest, most writer DO have their own ideal hero and their progression.

No, not always self insert, nor always wish fulfillment, but the protagonist always became part of the plot more than anyone else. (Spotlight thief aside)

Mohiro Kitoh and his penchant for screwing childhood, sometimes literally, and his protagonist is a broken bird type. Lovecraft and his naive protagonist who always being corrupted to insanity. Osamu Tezuka doesn't go for idealistic hero at first, all of his protagonist when manga began to surface is barely tolerable than the villains. etc. Signature character of that writer, in other words.
While i love main heroes going into despair. Then again, I am probably being Urobuchi's disciple in the "dark arts"

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest