AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-01, 16:38   Link #8561
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Logically one would never give Quattro a new toy. Jail likes to defy logic, though. Poor Yui.
Yeah, she's going to have a hard time, since the clerks are just cannon fodder and Hayate would pretty much kill everyone if she casts something

Quote:
Gah! you just reminded my that I need to hurry up with Rescue Mission part 2!
Good to know that I helped someone

Quote:
Aproved!
Yeah, but the problem now is finding words in japanese that start with Y for the Y*** Y*** Yui squad

Quote:
I agree that this AMF tactis should be possible. I think we should pull this off more often.
Then, let's call it 'E-AMF' (Enhanced Anti-Magilink Field)
Did I just outsmart Scaglietti?

Quote:
And now I'm really curious as to what Yui's afraid off.
Ooooh...yes...It's something every magical girl has to face eventually (one way or another)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Kha: What the...? Gattai?
Bastion: [Heh. That's not Gattai... A manly Gattai is Spirit! That's what makes it beautiful! It's not a cheap fling that you use and throw away the next day!]

*SGX appears*

Bastion: [Oh oh oh oh oh! Here come's the big boss! Let's show them the meaning of Gattai, Kha!]
Kha: Che. Wagata, Aniki! Sakura, CALL IN!
Sakura: Wagata wa! Canberra Full Drive, KIDOU! Wii~~!

Pardon me, got inspired by that to quote GL, then cross with Kha's Counterattack... Another nice episode.
A-aah.... ...say what?
Me <---- Didn't get one bit

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2007-09-01 at 16:55.
Old 2007-09-01, 18:35   Link #8562
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Yeah, she's going to have a hard time, since the clerks are just cannon fodder and Hayate would pretty much kill everyone if she casts something
Poor Yui.

Quote:
Good to know that I helped someone
Yeah, well, I kinda want to finish this before 23 airs tommorow evening. I'll have to start writing as soon as I wake up, though, as there's no time now.

Quote:
Yeah, but the problem now is finding words in japanese that start with Y for the Y*** Y*** Yui squad
How about "Yukai Yukai Yui" (Merry Merry Yui)

Quote:
Then, let's call it 'E-AMF' (Enhanced Anti-Magilink Field)
Did I just outsmart Scaglietti?
Unless he's going to apply it in the next four episodes, I'd say you have.

Quote:
Ooooh...yes...It's something every magical girl has to face eventually (one way or another)
O-oi, masaka... if this is what I think it is then that drone is so lucky that Keroko is inside the cradle...
Old 2007-09-01, 20:09   Link #8563
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, here are some of the new Letters...Kha can use these as opposition for...well, Kha, if he so wishes, although I don't know how they'll be integrated into the piece.

Spoiler for Letters (N-P):

Q, R, S and T will come later, and I still have to do M. I feel I might have rushed some of this...but I'll leave you to judge it, fellow readers.

Edit: I just realized- N= Revolver Ocelot?!

Last edited by Dream_Traveller; 2007-09-01 at 21:43.
Old 2007-09-01, 20:32   Link #8564
Arrow
N/A

Wow, more Numbers and Letters. I take it you already have A-N? And you're gonna go all the way to Z?

What does IS stand for anyway?
Old 2007-09-01, 20:43   Link #8565
Satty
Slash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
Wow, more Numbers and Letters. I take it you already have A-N? And you're gonna go all the way to Z?

Inherent Skill; a.k.a. the Numbers' special abilities...
Old 2007-09-01, 20:45   Link #8566
Arrow
N/A

Ohh. I knew what it was, I just didn't know what it stood for. Reminded me of OS, actually...XD
Old 2007-09-01, 20:49   Link #8567
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Well, N-T, which encompasses the Number range of 14-20, missing out M/13 (Ginga), they're just designs that Kha can use for "opposition". The "official" Letters are A-L. N-T and onwards will probably be referenced, but not shown. M might, but that's unclear.

Besides, character management is the key. In my Letters scenario, I have 13 new characters (Letters and V), in ShardS I have "Dark" V, Edgar, Nemo, and have planned upgrades for the Numbers...I can't let it get out of control, you see.
Old 2007-09-01, 20:56   Link #8568
Arrow
N/A

Geez, that's a lot of characters - how do you keep track of them all? I have a lot maintaining the SFAF.
Old 2007-09-01, 21:06   Link #8569
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Well, I keep records- I can easily remember what characters I have, and I keep track on some of them through those snippets. Others I expand on outside of this forum. And I see you, indeed, have a lot to track with the SFAF. Very nice designs and history of sorts, by the way.

And, depending on what happens tomorrow, the fate of some Letters might be sealed...
Old 2007-09-01, 21:11   Link #8570
Arrow
N/A

What's gonna happen? You guys essentially interact via posts only?

Geez, has anyone tried making a Nanoha-specific board? It looks like the Nanoha forum is gone too big for just a forum.
Old 2007-09-01, 21:28   Link #8571
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Geez, has anyone tried making a Nanoha-specific board? It looks like the Nanoha forum is gone too big for just a forum.
It's all good it's all good...
Old 2007-09-01, 22:21   Link #8572
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio View Post
Now that you mention that... I was planning to make Viral an arch-rival for someone, but maybe now that someone will be Kha?

BTW, when will you be getting this Bastion?
Very soon. In fact, Kha's already got it. I won't spoil, but let's just say but it would be activated for the first time very soon due to an electrical charge...

Quote:

*imagines*

*ahem*

Quote:
Not even Kha knows the world he has created.
Throughout all of the scenarios with Kha in it, you'll see that there are many times where Kha just goes . That's the time. :3

Quote:
BTW, Sakura comes from TK? I kinda got confused about it for a while, thinking Sakura came on her own or something...
At first, there was nothing; TK's first incomplete incarnation was a higher-than-normal-intelligence Armed Device, and inside was the OS of Sakura Zaki. Since that was an empty vessel, it passively collected memories as the device grew up with Kha.

Later Kha modified it, made it all blocky and added the cartridge system.

In AlternateS, after pulling a Mwu, Fate did something to upgrade TK to TKS and pulled Kha back from the edge. The completed divine power spread to the added components and mutated them into the form that we see now in Leryk.

This is where Sakura's next development comes in.

After the upgrade, Sakura Zaki became whole, but for some other reason, as well as Kha's weak Linker Core, she could not materialize her full self. Also, during the reformation, the divine power affected the collected memories of the memory-less vessel of Sakura, and awakened the mad-cap Chibi-Sakura personality of Sakura. Since there were 2 AIs active, both didn't have the mana to stay active at the same time, so in sealed form, Chibi-Sakura was the working AI, while unsealed Sakura Zaki comes online. Both AIs are aware of each other.

A year later, just prior to the Otome mission that would change the fates of several Otome, as well as reveal the truth behind the 5 Pillars and Maria, Kha built a successful Unison Device body for Chibi-Sakura's AI, allowing Sakura to be fully active all the time.

As you can see, half of Sakura came from the Kreuz; the other half that made her whole came from Fate (AlternateS plot element).

As Kha comes closer to a completed Linker Core, I can say that Servant Saber shall be freed from her self-inflicted imprisonment and make an appearance...

Quote:
HEY! At least that's my FIRST EVAR gattai!! Unlike our resident player here...

BTW, I do have other Gattai's I havent spoken of... I just want to say, the idea came BEFORE I watched GL and thus before all the Gattai craze going on right now.

OK...

Quote:

LOL I wonder how you come up with this stuff... I could have never thought about that myself!
I just ramble around in my free time, basically my mind doesn't stop working, and a lot of crack falls out. Sometimes I find a weird gem like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
And, here it is, finally, in all its possible splendor. The second part of the now three-part Storm of Silver. Enjoy, and tell me honestly what you all think of it.

Spoiler for Storm of Silver- Part II:

Phew! Took a damn long time, that. The fight itself was inspired by the Raiden vs. Vamp video in MGS 4. The ending piece was a tad drastic, yes...but I'll leave you to judge this, fellow readers.

@Kha: Bastion is really making himself known, isn't he? Can't wait to see his full biography, good sir.
CINQUE!!!

*ahem*

Sorry... Both Kha and his Page have a soft spot for that Number...

That was a well-described fight, with interesting moves and twists done by both sides. Can't wait for the conclusion!
Quote:
Spoiler for Eeeh...:

Eh, could've done this better. Odd Device names, yes... And the overall feel of the character should be well-known, if any of you have seen a certain flick...eh.

*Runs* Don't kill me! This is only a concept!
Are you working with a Thespian theme? It'll be markedly different from some of the OCs we have here.

Quote:
A-aah.... ...say what?
Me <---- Didn't get one bit
I was first referencing Gurren-Lagann, then after that SGX, another Gattai gadget from Kha's Counterattack, appeared.

I got hung up from the idea that Type-4 looked like a Gattai of Type-1s, Type-2s an Type-3s...

Quote:
Well, here are some of the new Letters...Kha can use these as opposition for...well, Kha, if he so wishes, although I don't know how they'll be integrated into the piece.

Q, R, S and T will come later, and I still have to do M. I feel I might have rushed some of this...but I'll leave you to judge it, fellow readers.

N = Revolver Ocelot indeed! But I was thinking that the Numbers IV, V, VI, VII, seen unactivated in canon, would be Kha's opposition in NBC, since I'm unable to implement the Lettermen...

Stilll, I like the designs for these Lettermen. Even if I'm unable to use them, I hope they'll see some light somewhere else?
Old 2007-09-01, 22:39   Link #8573
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

RAGBACKLOG BREAKER... FIRE.

Quote:
You think you risk the Ion Canon? Keroko is inside the Arc at the moment.
Keroko’s always risking Ion Canon.

Quote:
Velka knights, real ones. It's about time we got another one of those. Pretty much everyone uses Velka Magic, but very few are actual Knights.
Speaking of which, do we even have a proper idea what differs Knights and others? I mean, it does feel like the Knight label is being thrown around at times.

Especially since it's apparently stated in Nanoha-wiki that Erio is undergoing training that relates to knight... a squire in a way, yet we don't see any general classification of such.

Quote:
Though with Vivio being said reactor, that would mean Nighty level drama.
I just hope they pucker up on Vivio. Needless to say, Lutecia drama left me sorely disappointed, and Zest’s drama is too standalone to affect others except Agito. It’s a pity too, because I was hoping we could see more Knight dynamics.

Quote:
During AlternateS, Kha realizes that Alicia died in the factory fire long ago, and after some emo episode (a pretty fast one by ***dam standards) takes "Testarossa" as his last name so that he can fulfil his "Oni-chan" promise to Alicia.
Factory fire? I thought it was oxygen deprivation caused by a negative feedback?

Quote:
Well, that's how AnyguyKeroko started as a thread hobby.
Well, putting aside the so-called-non existent tsundere label, Keroko doesn’t bend easily and it’s funny whenever we see names that could potentially bend her pop up.
The Serge fiasco was lol, and we came to the conclusion Keroko would only irritate Joseth, and Joseth would make Keroko run away in fear. Then came Jun from Keroko's own bag of tricks...

And then there was Lance...

Quote:
Dang another Cradle of the infinite possible timelines got destroyed. I don't care whether Vivio lives or dies; I want that battleship!
I thought people hated the Cradle?

Oh wait, Gattai possibilities...

Not to mention with Cradle’s color, it pretty much gattais into Neo-Granzon.
Quote:
~~~New timeline extension suggested~~~

I guess it's time to bust out something and grant a few wishes. If the Cradle remains intact:
Spoiler for EH?!:
OMFG WHAT HAVE I DONE?!

(runs from Scrin Modership)

Arc came from spelling Cradle backwards then using only the last 3 letters... ^_^;

Speaking of which, this suddenly reminds me of Inuyasha in a way. (( other than GL ))

Fate = Kagome.
Alicia = Kikyou.
Sesshie = Jail.
Inuyasha = Kha.

Now...

Jail: BAKUSAIGA!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
PS:
Spoiler for I would've used...:

And now I get what you mean by the shield...
Jail or Kha doing Mega Fusion : DOES COMPUTE.
Cradle going King Arc-DLE : DOES COMPUTE.
Jail and Kha pulling a Soldat-J/Renais Mega Fusion with the song “Hikari no Kha and Jail” song playing in the background : DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Quote:
II find a little girl power an entire battleship a little hard to believe...
She’s the KEY, and also the living controller of the ship. The POWER comes elsewhere, from the...you know, REACTOR. Which Vita is heading towards.

Quote:
I know Nighty created the idea, but why isn't anyone disturbed by Kha's co-pilot being JAIL?! 0_0
Considering Sigaro, Sei-Sakura-oh, and other stuff, Jail becoming an anti-hero doesn’t really feel that far-fetched.

Besides, any rational fan won't really hate Jail. Since I think he's WAY more interesting than Nanoha/Fate/Hayate at this moment.

Jail: Ah. I know very well, since we’re the same... Testarossa no o baka yarou.
Jail: All familiar faces, eh?

Though I expect prison break to be done by him IF it happens, parallels are starting to look nice...

Quote:
Hmm... One side actively pursuing, the other passively receiving, both sides equally successful!
Feels like the Whole Mega Playboy thing again... and it’s in their GENES as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Backlog bashing later. But for now, another snippet from "Tyrfing: The Baptism of Fire".

Spoiler for snippet:

Just showcasing the new device's modes. But i'm not revealing other possible moves just yet.
Frustration, eh?

Sounds like a pretty nice excuse... *runs*

Regardless, nice piece. A little short on the get-go part, but interesting non-the-less.

Quote:
Aww... I already had a scenario with Iris saying: "Aurion-san... I didnt know you had a daughter..."

*runs*
... What for?

*runs*

Quote:
Hmm...

Kevin = Jail
Shion = Fate
Allen = Kha
KOS-MOS = Gwen
chaos = Akira
Jr = Erio
MOMO = Caro
Ziggy = Aurion
T-elos (not in that scene) = Nanoha

Everything fits!!

EDIT: And now that I think about it... since Jr = Erio... HOLY HAREM I HAVE!!!
Well, the first tim I saw Erio and Caro, and ever since he was implied to be Project F... Jr came into my mind like a surge of lightning. I was honestly expecting something from him...

But alas, he turns out to be quite unimportant in the long run. Project F? WHY?

Quote:
And now, a slighty (hm...) OOC piece from me circling around a certain Number/Letter pair. I'm really not sure how this will turn out, and I think that this is somewhat randomly thrown together, but, as before, the judging is up to you all.

A...deviation from my usual work. It's OOC, which, for the most part, explains the attitude change, but feel free to correct me in any fashion you see fit, be it harsh or not so much so. I feel like this might have been rushed, or was a tad confusing and/or pointless, but I'll leave the decision to you, the readers. Till then...

*Runs.*
LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Dirty minds. >_>

Very nice. Yeah, a little OOC, but who cares about that. We live to be entertained.

Quote:
Yes. This'll show those who complain about Aurion's versatility that he's not HAXX.

If I were to give a rundown...

Melee = Good. But not Signum-level.
Attack Spells = Very good. More suited for direct/indirect confrontations instead of bombardment.
Magic Stamina = Decent. But nowhere near Ace-level
Tactics = Very good.
Experience = Better than our Aces, that much I can say.
Speed = Not bad. At least Fate won't be able to simply run circles around him just like that.
Defense spells = Good.
Support spells = Decent. But he can't do healing and boosts properly and has to rely on cards.
Luck = Lucky!

He'd be hard-pressed to try any more tricks... Nope. He'll be fighting them directly now. He's much more competent now compared to their first fight when the Aces were still 13.
... You know what? It feels like Saga’s rundown. >_<

Only difference is that his luck in battle, is often negated by his real-life luck. :/

Quote:
We were toying with the same idea?! I was thinking along those lines for the Kha Jail teamup! 0_0
Crack minds think alike.

Quote:
Too bad I left it at a fancy level, so nothing apart from general ideas... I wanna see what you're thinking of!
Well, I’ll tackle it in time. Right now, I’m trying to climb back the good mountain.

Besides, it’s really Jail pulling a Shu after getting HALF-befriended in StrikerS.

Quote:
That reminds me; the TSAB doesn't seem to have fighters yet Chaos was making an entire detachment of them.
Well, they have tanks... and his fighters seem to be solely Air-Force’s.

I DUN SEE ANY RED SHIRT AIRS AT THE CRADLE ATTACK. ONLY DARK-BLUE WEARING GRUNTS.

Quote:
@Erio, Lowe, Nighty, whoever's interested in the "KhaJail" crack:
Spoiler for Mindburst!:
You haven’t seen ANYTHING yet. Well, actually you have, but there’s still interesting line of thoughts left.

Nighty En Galetannia commandes you to watch MORE GURREN-LAGANN NAO, WITH ALL YOUR SPEED!

Quote:
The more I read about Kha...the more H4XX he becomes!!
It’s KHA after all... h4xxtarossa is his middle name.

Quote:
I wasnt planning to get Jail out (I'll leave him to canon)... but if you want, we could get him out for your Rakael-StahlMut...

Very interesting line of thought. I didnt paid much attention to the prophesy or the actual plot, since I was more interested in what Scaglietti was doing with his Relic weapons and Numbers... (not to mention I have not watched a subbed episode since 6 ) But yeah, I can see this happening...and maybe Jail will let the TSAB win on purpose, setting things up for S4...

I have an idea for Prison Break that will shield me from any kind of Ion Canon if S4 strikes, though.
Well, I don’t think Jail will let TSAB win on purpose... since I don’t think anyone can doubt that he’s doing things for his own gain WHATEVER HIS PURPOSE IS... However, I do think that there will bmysteries about Jail that will not be completely revealed in StrikerS, and even if they do, links to Alhazred go far and back.

And yeah, there’s the prophecy thing. To be half honest, if THAT’s all there is to it in the prophecy, it really feels nothing more than a cheap attempt to introduce a plot halfway through StrikerS, because honestly, I don’t feel the magic behind this prophecy when 90% of things done are through Jail/TSAB HC or Jail alone.

Quote:
--Nighty's idea. His crack gave me another mindshock.
JUST AS PLANNED!

Quote:
HOLY S***...

We can also use any Jr/Momo scenes as Erio/Caro.

They look alike after all. :3

Quote:
Sorry to interrupt...

I just have a doubt about the Gadget Drones.

If the egg-shaped ones are Type 1, then Type 2 are the flying ones and Type 3 are the large ones, right?
But if the stealth Drones appeared 4 years before Type 1, would that make them Type 0? (Drone I mean, not cyborg )

If so, then I guess I'm about to create a Type-4
Jail doesn’t label those junks. It’s TSAB who calls them ‘Type-whatever.’ And since it’s implied this naming came later without much relation to that one drone that stabbed Nanoha, then it’s hard to really say.

Besides, I recall seeing ANOTHER DIFFERENT TYPE during the RF6 Raid attack. Something that shaped differently a little...

Quote:
It was implied during Trinity Unison (Sakura, Misaki and Nagato at the same time), Ultimate Unison and Supreme Symbiosis (now defunct since it requires R1 and R2).

Pending revisions. But I'm waiting for Nighty's Hayate+Wolkies super sentai combo before publishing the post reformation unisons.
Super sentai combo? Whut?

Quote:
[random]@Thread: DID THE ABSENCE OF AN HERO STRIKE UP THE EPIDEMIC OF SYNDROME?!?!?[/random]
Where’s Hero btw? Haven’t seen him at all recently, despite apparently having prepared a 20 PAGE BACKLOG BREAKER...

Quote:
@ Gale: A very interesting piece there...I'm just wondering who's producing the over S rank signatures. Jail and three Number? Four Numbers? Jail and his "children"?

EDIT: Disregard that, I went back over it, it's Jail and his "kids".
Nope, it’s not them. One child has NO POWER, while the other 2 is only A and AAA. Let me tell you first, that I HAET H4XX. Only Saga alone is truly powerful and he’s MERELY SS. My only true h4xx is the Ultimate Unison possibility, and let me say that surviving Ultimate Unison with sanity retained is harder than anything Hayate ever did in A’s. The feedback is that destructive.

Quote:
And in the Numbers Foxhound, who would you suggest to be Vulcan Raven? Nove seemed to be the only character in mind to fit the bill for some reason. And who'd be Gray Fox? We cannot deny his aura of sheer awesome, can we?

Sincere apologies if I missed anything, but I just got up, and I'm tired as heck.
Raven? Considering the latest Raven-type in MGS4, I’d go with Sette. Not to mention she’s the 2nd largest Number, bar Tre. Amazon women...

Gray Fox? Ginga? Tre?

Quote:
IMHO, every OC here incorporates at least some aspect of ourselves that is a large part of us, or at least something we want to have a part of, so I think I can understand how that feels It's not like we're telling you to spill it don't worry

And you'd have to ask USB that once he gets back

------------------------

And here's something that might interest Kha... Is this what happens if Rakael-Stahlmut combines with Seraph?

Spoiler for Arc-Seraph?:

Heh, it’s more Macross than Gattai though.

Quote:
Gotta go eat, so more comments in a bit...

Hmm... I'd go with the SSS+ pwner mage...

...so he can do *censored* and *radio static* and ** to Hayate...

(ie, your real desires )

*RUNS*
Can't he already do that?

Quote:
[Rossiu]Liingo-san!![/Rossiu]

Death to teh H4XX!

Quote:
And now for something completely different:

Spoiler for Spin On!:

This is what a combo of GL phrases, combined with Gin-nee's drill, and I's over-enthusiasm in this case forges.

*Runs.*
LOLOLOLOL.

Quote:
Well, finally...Chapter 17

Spoiler for Chapter 17 - Courage - Part 1:

Well~ there you go, running parallel to episode 22 and filling some gaps

Doctor's got a new toy, and the gave it to Quattro!!
Yeah...kinda lame looking
Should have drawn the legs like two upside-down Type-2 drone (without wings)...oh well...

Yui's got a fan club
Thinking of naming it like the Shuffle! one's, like KKK (Kitto Kitto Kaede), but with YYY

Yui showing her moves in the battle with the drone

And...AMF Upgrade?
Well...in theory it might be possible, emiting an AMF in different frequencies, overlapping them and making it stronger...scary isn't it?

That's it for Part 1, Part 2 will have...hmm...haven't written it yet
Anyway, expect some Koji & Maren, some Treize and, of course, some Yui goodness
Maybe I'll mention what Yui is afraid of...
Tentacles?

*runs*

Jokes aside, nice piece. Quattro getting a toy... fitting in a way, I suppose, though I'd think it's more in-line with her to use her IS to somehow make her OWN toy, since she is shown to have a degree of above-average understanding and intelligence of such stuff.

Quote:
Backlog Zamber...!!

... Hmm...

... How do we make Nighty Nanoha's storyteller and screen writer?

My "Prison Break" wont be a full one, actually. Surely if there is a S4, such thing will happen. I will just be getting some Numbers out, and temporarily, at the request of someone.
Oi oi... >_<

I'll never consider myself to be half the writer Tsuzuki is, but I agree that he had messed up StrikerS somewhat. Regardless, his scope and viewpoints along are very good. Besides, it's not just about creativity, it's about chanelling them to make 26 consecutive good episodes without wasting them with time constraint while respecting the rule of build up to climax to resolution in conjecture to making a good episode standalone too.

Besides, I've only got 4 episodes in mind, and some final battles and all that.

And it's half-ripped off A's in a way, where episode 1 and 2 have former RF6ers getting their asses owned at their current post in whatever divisions by some 'unknowns.'

3 had plot revelation in Jail by Jail which is not taken seriously by Fate since all he talks about is Alhazred, Episode 4 is ANOTHER attack, this time by special Alhazred Drones, alongside Prison Break.

Quote:
(BTW the following is not just directed at you)

The main reason why I brought this up is because I believe that, with these cartridges, the mages are FORCEFULLY trying to boost their natural magic. Think sports athletes that use steroids.

As you say, though, the cartridge system has been refined to be more stable lately; HOWEVER, even so, for a reason Nanoha and Fate do not use more than FOUR cartridges at once. (Now 6 thanks to Keroko's input) What I mean by this is simple: even awesome Intelligent Devices like Raising Heart and Bardiche cannot withstand more pressure. Any Device that loads more than 5-6 cartridges should explode, in my humble opinion.

If anyone wants to say their device is more awesome than RH and Bardiche... well, whatever, I didnt say anything.
True that. Though we cannot give a whole out justification on limits and all that, since upgrades to Devices is not Gundam-like bar SPECIAL upgrades...

But I think limiting to how it works in canon is better though. Special leeways is...h4xx in a different word.

And before anyone cites my own character, Saga can ONLY load 6 at a time maximum. His cartridge system is the 6-loader revolver barrel. And if you see when he uses it, it strains him badly.

Backlog mostly cleared now, commence writing.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-01, 22:46   Link #8574
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Btw, I just realized that GL basically strapped a Firehawk to its back to fly, JUST LIKE DAISTAHLMUT! Is this what GL is telling me, that DaiStahlMut was actually GL to begin with, just without the big face?!
Don't tell me Gainax has spies here too?

Quote:
Ara? Whatever could you mean by that?
<pats Hayate's head>
There's no way I'd do that to her.

Besides...
<stands protectively in front of Hayate>

You make it sound like it's more of your desire, Erio-sempai...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
When can they meet in person?
They've already met so to speak by the Zubaida Arc (referenced in the previous chapter). It's how that I've yet to shed light on

Quote:
You see what I mean by Luck stat?
Yep... so far, Aaron's been able to escape SERIOUS injury

Quote:
Whatever could you mean?
<standing with Kha and Keroko-kun with dark auras>
It's perfectly safe here.

<Aces are ing at the background>
*feels chills run down his spine*

Quote:
Never watched You're Under Arrest, who are you
I'm referring to this unusually awesome character:

Aoi Futaba

Quote:

Should have drawn the legs like two upside-down Type-2 drone (without wings)...oh well...

Yui's got a fan club
Thinking of naming it like the Shuffle! one's, like KKK (Kitto Kitto Kaede), but with YYY

And...AMF Upgrade?
Well...in theory it might be possible, emiting an AMF in different frequencies, overlapping them and making it stronger...scary isn't it?

An assimilation Drone? What the... It even has Borg-like adaptation abilities Yui really is gonna have a tough time with this one

Quote:
Dont worry, I'll be helping you. Here are two of my next characters...

Spoiler for GAR and MOE overload:

(BTW, did I mention that the second pic is ?)

*runs*
VIRAL?! DARK NIA?! HOLY S-

*Galaxy explodes with much awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
Interesting, where can I get this movie? It may be a good way for me to finally understand what happened in Evangelion, even though I watched it two times (more than 6 years ago)
No raws out yet, and it'll be a while before some good copies come out. Wouldn't hold my breath Next part is to be shown next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erio
"Mai-chan! Gattai da!!!

"Hai!!!"

(No Kha, that's not BLUE )
Nani?!

Quote:
Logically one would never give Quattro a new toy. Jail likes to defy logic, though. Poor Yui.
QUOTED FOR TRUTH

Quote:
Kha: What the...? Gattai?
Bastion: [Heh. That's not Gattai... A manly Gattai is Spirit! That's what makes it beautiful! It's not a cheap fling that you use and throw away the next day!]

*SGX appears*

Bastion: [Oh oh oh oh oh! Here come's the big boss! Let's show them the meaning of Gattai, Kha!]
Kha: Che. Wagata, Aniki! Sakura, CALL IN!
Sakura: Wagata wa! Canberra Full Drive, KIDOU! Wii~~!

Pardon me, got inspired by that to quote GL, then cross with Kha's Counterattack... Another nice episode.
Yes, pitiful Drones defile the spirit of GATTAI!!! SHOW THEM HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
Both: Sisterly-GATTAI! GWENDO-ENNA!

Bastion: [Naze da... I seriously don't get your world, Kha.]
Kha: Neither do I sometimes...
Did Bastion just diss a perfect and awesome GATTAI?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
And no, Awesome =/= H4xx.
Quite true. Eve non-H4XX users have the potential to be Awesome

Quote:
@Erio: OMFG I just realized that Gwen in katakana is practically GURREN!!!

Quote:

*imagines*

*ahem*
Yes, I know how you feel

Quote:
@Keroko: Hey, you forgot the sword to go along with the other two.
That's because I'm the sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller
And, here it is, finally, in all its possible splendor. The second part of the now three-part Storm of Silver. Enjoy, and tell me honestly what you all think of it.

Phew! Took a damn long time, that. The fight itself was inspired by the Raiden vs. Vamp video in MGS 4. The ending piece was a tad drastic, yes...but I'll leave you to judge this, fellow readers.

@SparkZ: An interesting chapter there...and who knows to what extent Quattro will use her new toy, hm...

@Kha: Bastion is really making himself known, isn't he? Can't wait to see his full biography, good sir.
Whoa… quite the epic duel here between V and Cinque Although it seems to me like there’s a trend of V getting distracted lately Stabbing himself just to get to Cinque is sorta desperate there

With both bleeding, let’s see how it ends

Quote:
And a possible character here:

Spoiler for Eeeh...:

Eh, could've done this better. Odd Device names, yes... And the overall feel of the character should be well-known, if any of you have seen a certain flick...eh.

Wonder which “certain flick” you’re talking about here Cool character though.

Quote:

N would really make for a better Revolver Ovelot than Nove Though the logic in having a Longbow and Crossbow combo for P is quite unusual

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:27   Link #8575
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Imagining Erio singing "Happily Ever After"... Don't ask why. :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
RAGBACKLOG BREAKER... FIRE.
[Irwin]Crikey! Look at the size of that baby![/Irwin]

Quote:
Speaking of which, do we even have a proper idea what differs Knights and others? I mean, it does feel like the Knight label is being thrown around at times.

Especially since it's apparently stated in Nanoha-wiki that Erio is undergoing training that relates to knight... a squire in a way, yet we don't see any general classification of such.
For me, I use Page/Squire, Knight and Meister. Upon completion of basic training, one would count as a Knight, but only true masters become Meisters. Think of how a Master's degree is higher than a Bachelor's.

As for canon, I'm wondering if such things would ever be mentioned.

Quote:
Factory fire? I thought it was oxygen deprivation caused by a negative feedback?
My weak translation of the Chinese was: Experiment exploded, creating a magical fire that destroyed the factory and consumed most of the O2, thus killing Alicia by hypoxia (O2 depriv) as the force of the blast was shielded by the protective barrier placed by Precia. Is this correct?

Quote:
Well, putting aside the so-called-non existent tsundere label, Keroko doesn’t bend easily and it’s funny whenever we see names that could potentially bend her pop up.

The Serge fiasco was lol, and we came to the conclusion Keroko would only irritate Joseth, and Joseth would make Keroko run away in fear. Then came Jun from Keroko's own bag of tricks...

And then there was Lance...
It's fun! That's what matters!

(runs from ICB)

Quote:
I thought people hated the Cradle?

Oh wait, Gattai possibilities...

Not to mention with Cradle’s color, it pretty much gattais into Neo-Granzon.
Granzon?! Oh shitte...

Quote:

Speaking of which, this suddenly reminds me of Inuyasha in a way. (( other than GL ))

Fate = Kagome.
Alicia = Kikyou.
Sesshie = Jail.
Inuyasha = Kha.

Now...

Jail: BAKUSAIGA!!!!!!!!!!!
Jail with dark spear (Opposite of TK)? DO WANT!

Quote:
Jail or Kha doing Mega Fusion : DOES COMPUTE.
Cradle going King Arc-DLE : DOES COMPUTE.
Jail and Kha pulling a Soldat-J/Renais Mega Fusion with the song “Hikari no Kha and Jail” song playing in the background : DOES NOT COMPUTE.
Now I lost you guys...

Quote:
She’s the KEY, and also the living controller of the ship. The POWER comes elsewhere, from the...you know, REACTOR. Which Vita is heading towards.
Then that makes "why does it hurt?" unanswered.

Quote:
Considering Sigaro, Sei-Sakura-oh, and other stuff, Jail becoming an anti-hero doesn’t really feel that far-fetched.

Besides, any rational fan won't really hate Jail. Since I think he's WAY more interesting than Nanoha/Fate/Hayate at this moment.

Jail: Ah. I know very well, since we’re the same... Testarossa no o baka yarou.
Jail: All familiar faces, eh?

Though I expect prison break to be done by him IF it happens, parallels are starting to look nice...

Quote:
Feels like the Whole Mega Playboy thing again... and it’s in their GENES as well!

Quote:
... What for?

*runs*

Quote:
Crack minds think alike.

Oh wow 4 ! I hit the Triple Kha Breaker EX!

Quote:
Well, I’ll tackle it in time. Right now, I’m trying to climb back the good mountain.

Besides, it’s really Jail pulling a Shu after getting HALF-befriended in StrikerS.
Looking forward to your works!

Quote:
Well, they have tanks... and his fighters seem to be solely Air-Force’s.

I DUN SEE ANY RED SHIRT AIRS AT THE CRADLE ATTACK. ONLY DARK-BLUE WEARING GRUNTS.
-_-;.... Cold...

Quote:
You haven’t seen ANYTHING yet. Well, actually you have, but there’s still interesting line of thoughts left.

Nighty En Galetannia commandes you to watch MORE GURREN-LAGANN NAO, WITH ALL YOUR SPEED!
1st Season OVAR! Charging the rest after lunch!

Quote:
It’s KHA after all... h4xxtarossa is his middle name.

Quote:
Well, I don’t think Jail will let TSAB win on purpose... since I don’t think anyone can doubt that he’s doing things for his own gain WHATEVER HIS PURPOSE IS... However, I do think that there will bmysteries about Jail that will not be completely revealed in StrikerS, and even if they do, links to Alhazred go far and back.

And yeah, there’s the prophecy thing. To be half honest, if THAT’s all there is to it in the prophecy, it really feels nothing more than a cheap attempt to introduce a plot halfway through StrikerS, because honestly, I don’t feel the magic behind this prophecy when 90% of things done are through Jail/TSAB HC or Jail alone.
Quote:
JUST AS PLANNED!
At least what comes out of the mixer is good.

Quote:
We can also use any Jr/Momo scenes as Erio/Caro.

They look alike after all. :3

Quote:
Jail doesn’t label those junks. It’s TSAB who calls them ‘Type-whatever.’ And since it’s implied this naming came later without much relation to that one drone that stabbed Nanoha, then it’s hard to really say.

Besides, I recall seeing ANOTHER DIFFERENT TYPE during the RF6 Raid attack. Something that shaped differently a little...
I can't verify that since I did not get the HQ raw...

Quote:
Super sentai combo? Whut?
I thought you proposed Hayate + Knights + R1 sentai combo? Or was it Aaron?

Quote:
Heh, it’s more Macross than Gattai though.
Yeah, that's why I proposed a few more changes.

Quote:
YEAH!
Old 2007-09-01, 23:28   Link #8576
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
<nods> Although a fried Apalis would make for an interesting Plot Device...
Please remember that RH and Bardiche are superior devices to Apalis...(-_-)
Even if you say that Aurion upgraded his frame, eight is really pushing it and it'll most likely cause him to fry big-time.

Quote:
<nods> True. But remember, not everyone's as strong as Nanoha or Fate, and therefore need cartridges to make up the difference.
Cartridges are like steroids. True, they make you stronger. But they can end up killing you too...

Quote:
<shrugs> Simple. Arcas is a Dunamist, which if you remember reading the profile, means he has an instinctual grasp of magic - which translates to me as "less effort" for casting spells - though even his stamina will have limits... as you'll see. Plus, the battles I typically describe are @ least 24 hours apart from each other - which in my mind should be enough time to recover from the strain - as long as he takes it easy.
Well, since Dunamists are supposed to recover faster. Speaking of which, I'll see if I can finally work on Andrea and Albert....

Quote:
<Nods> The major problem with that is that then, we are forced to rely on non-cartridge powered spells, which isn't a problem for Boomer and Sevasti, but Mel and Arcas don't have much in the way of that.
Because they're Knights...

Quote:
NEW MATERIAL!!!!

Wow... I inadvertently launched a major discussion on cartridges...

Not that it's a bad thing!

But, for all the critics of my cartridge spamming out there (Arcas in particular), I'll say this:

It's either I cartridge spam - or reduce the number of cartridges needed to cast MOST of the spells on Arcas' Mel's lists. And I'd rather go over than under, and be accused of too much haxx (like Crusade, which initially cost 4 cartridges, rather than 8).

However... I can say that for the most part, the major bang spells (like Blazing Arrow Ray Storm, or some of Mel's bigger spells) will only be appearing every so often from now on - I'll try mainly to stick to one or two cartridge powered spells.

That's all.
So Arcas is HAXX no matter what... Very well. That clears up a lot of things...

Quote:
Crying Sakura looked so horribly adorable in my mind.
Kinda...

Quote:
Not at all.
We're just cautious.

Quote:
Oh, it's quite safe... *Higurashi eyes* If you watch your words.
And it seems like Keroko-kun is our leader.

Quote:

Yui's got a fan club

And...AMF Upgrade?

Quite a frightening mech...
Hopefully, Yui can handle it...

Quote:
(BTW the following is not just directed at you)

The main reason why I brought this up is because I believe that, with these cartridges, the mages are FORCEFULLY trying to boost their natural magic. Think sports athletes that use steroids.

As you say, though, the cartridge system has been refined to be more stable lately; HOWEVER, even so, for a reason Nanoha and Fate do not use more than FOUR cartridges at once. (Now 6 thanks to Keroko's input) What I mean by this is simple: even awesome Intelligent Devices like Raising Heart and Bardiche cannot withstand more pressure. Any Device that loads more than 5-6 cartridges should explode, in my humble opinion.

If anyone wants to say their device is more awesome than RH and Bardiche... well, whatever, I didnt say anything.
Everyone please read this lines. He summed up my points kinda nicely.

Quote:
Regarding External Empowerment, wouldnt that be just making regular spells collection-type spells? I dont know if its much an "exclusive" trait, though you could say that Aurion is BETTER than most others at doing so...

Your thoughts?
In a sense, yes. The main difference is unlike other magic-users, he gets an external energy container that is independent of his Linker Core.

Did that sound like HAXX?

*runs*

Quote:

Aaron, no need to restrain yourself... tell us your true feelings!!!

Itedaro. The Aces are like my imoutos...
What about you? You seem to awfully like going over them.

Maybe I should consider you a threat...

Quote:
@Keroko: Hey, you forgot the sword to go along with the other two.

Talk about intense!
Well done! This is one well-articulated and intense battle!
And that last part is
Cinque is so good here.

Quote:
Yes, good sir:

"And you have my swo-"

Wait. That spear filled it, so it should be this:

"And my bow!"

Then the ax...eh, look at me, babbling and nitpicking.

And a cliffhanger is necessary, good sir...yes, I'm ebil, so sue me.

And a possible character here:

Spoiler for Eeeh...:

Interesting.

Kill Bill?

*runs*

Quote:
You don't mean- Keroko's pet peeve?

Quote:
O-oi, masaka... if this is what I think it is then that drone is so lucky that Keroko is inside the cradle...
Seconded...

Quote:

I like their tactical applications. Good job!

Quote:
Frustration, eh?

Sounds like a pretty nice excuse... *runs*

Regardless, nice piece. A little short on the get-go part, but interesting non-the-less.
Thanks!
Yeah...
I'm trying to make the battle showcase Signum's obvious superiority in melee. That's the cue for the Mid-spells to come in next part to even up the scales.

Quote:
... You know what? It feels like Saga’s rundown. >_<

Only difference is that his luck in battle, is often negated by his real-life luck. :/
[Mariel]EeeeeEEEHHHH?![/Mariel]

Like Saga's? but I expected his to be..

Melee = Around Signum/Isdera
Magic Capacity = Around Nanoha/Fate (He can cast Breakers. Even a Triple one)
Speed = High.

And Luck.... I get what you mean...

Anyway, I built Aurion to be around S+ Mixed. Saga is SS, right? The above traits are what I see to be Saga's better points compared to Aurion.

Quote:
Nope, it’s not them. One child has NO POWER, while the other 2 is only A and AAA. Let me tell you first, that I HAET H4XX. Only Saga alone is truly powerful and he’s MERELY SS. My only true h4xx is the Ultimate Unison possibility, and let me say that surviving Ultimate Unison with sanity retained is harder than anything Hayate ever did in A’s. The feedback is that destructive.
:nods::nods::nods:
We understand.

Quote:
Death to teh H4XX!
One more to the list.

Quote:
Oi oi... -_- [/Kyon]

Quote:
See?

Quote:
Yep... so far, Aaron's been able to escape SERIOUS injury
Well, they don't hate him, really. The ladies are just being tsundere around hi-*Multi-style Breaker'd*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-09-01, 23:28   Link #8577
Arrow
N/A

...I wish I knew what everyone was talking about. Macross? You mean like the Macross Missile Massacre?
Old 2007-09-01, 23:32   Link #8578
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Don't tell me Gainax has spies here too?

Did Bastion just diss a perfect and awesome GATTAI?!?!?!
1. Once is just coincidence. Plus they gotta be mindreaders to take Firehawk's post fusion design from out of my head.

2. He's complaining that they are fusing with each other instead of Kha, since he gets a free rush post Gattai.

Quote:
...I wish I knew what everyone was talking about. Macross? You mean like the Macross Missile Massacre?
In Macross, we either mean the transformable Valkyries, or the battleship SDF-1 from the anime series Macross. Anything else do you need help with?
Old 2007-09-01, 23:45   Link #8579
Arrow
N/A

Yeah, the Valkryies which fire the Macross Missile Massacre! XD

I was really referring to pretty much everything else - I just said Macross 'cause that was the only thing I recognized. =P

Last edited by Arrow; 2007-09-01 at 23:59.
Old 2007-09-01, 23:54   Link #8580
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Spoiler for Spin On!:

This is what a combo of GL phrases, combined with Gin-nee's drill, and I's over-enthusiasm in this case forges.

*Runs.*
Remembers me of this future scene - if Ginga manages to survive being a Number

Spoiler for AlternateS II: sample scene:

Quote:
King Yuunodas, we await your command to crush your enemies!!! *kneels*

*Watches as Saint X is taken to Munti*
Speaking of which, might as well dig up the Scrya Catacombs and let's see what we can dig up.

- NOOOOO!

Quote:
YUUNO GARLOCK FTW!!!
SHOW 'EM WHAT YA GOT, YUUNO!!!

- After all that bashing from the other faction and him not budging... he deserves payback- and the OCs are going to help him.

SAINT X TAKES IN 999999999999999999999 MOE DAMAGE!!!!

Quote:
"And MY axe!"
- Add one more...

Quote:
In AlternateS, after pulling a Mwu, Fate did something to upgrade TK to TKS and pulled Kha back from the edge. The completed divine power spread to the added components and mutated them into the form that we see now in Leryk.

A year later, just prior to the Otome mission that would change the fates of several Otome, as well as reveal the truth behind the 5 Pillars and Maria, Kha built a successful Unison Device body for Chibi-Sakura's AI, allowing Sakura to be fully active all the time.

As you can see, half of Sakura came from the Kreuz; the other half that made her whole came from Fate (AlternateS plot element).
- Noted and to add such divine power is hard to do... and take a lot of materials, and tons of luck... and an accidental addition of a drop of Kyla's blood

*Otome and mages catch Yuuna, goth-loli chrono and Khaterina in the library sneaking- the Aces and Otome stifle laughs*

Yuuno / Yuuna: So that's where you're doing you h4xxor!!! You were switching images with your AI!!!

- Sacred Belkan sister relation... hmm?