AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2008-03-23, 01:56   Link #3421
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

@Jint: DOH. I didn't know others could edit the first post unless they were mods.

I would draw me genderbent, but I'm tired of drawing with the mouse and not getting very good results after tons of retries and edits. Take blue Dangodanji right beside this post for example.

Tablet is calling for me, must get off lazy ass and get one...later.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:57   Link #3422
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Exactly how does one genderbend oneself?

I don't really want to see a female me. I'm not very good-looking and... yeah.
If you do genderbend yourself, you will most likely turn yourself into someone you find attractive, leading to imagined quantum intercest.

@Kagedanji: I mess with a pencil...
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:58   Link #3423
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
I'd be like Hiruma from Eyeshield mixed with Kotomi and Soujirou...like I am now. I basically have different personalities that I use for talking to different people anyway.
Ah! I forgot to mention like Konata/Soujirou inside too....because obvious...I want death my moe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
Haaaaaay ;(

I could pass as both depending on what I wear anyway c:

and still be goodlooking?
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 01:58   Link #3424
Jintor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
@Jint: DOH. I didn't know others could edit the first post unless they were mods.

I would draw me genderbent, but I'm tired of drawing with the mouse and not getting very good results after tons of retries and edits. Take blue Dangodanji right beside this post for example.

Tablet is calling for me, must get off lazy ass and get one...later.
He doesn't edit the first post, but Rockman only updates the front page when Dkelis updates the archive post.

Get a tablet. It helps.

/EDIT That reminds me. Discreet, claim a hilareous staff position.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:00   Link #3425
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu
Haruhi Gender Bender - Yuki Nagato

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado storms View Post
Hello all,

I only found out about this project yesterday, and I've spent the last two days reading through this entire thread and all the image threads I can find. And since the power of Kyonko's ponytail demands my unwavering servitude, I decided I'd chip in with Haruki's shota fanservice film. I'm part way through it now, but there are some questions that would be nice to have answered before I finish.
  • I have yet to see a firm decision from the community about just what Kyonko's feelings are for Mitsuru. Are we going with motherly-sisterly, or younger girl/sempai male, or even something else? It will make a noticeable difference. I have decided to go with motherly-sisterly until I hear otherwise.
  • The grocer's name: Morimuri Kiyosumi, and the stationary store owner's name: Suzuki Yuusuke. I defer to those with better judgment of Japanese names on how to feminize these names.
  • Would passers-by that know him refer to him as Mitsuru-kun or -chan? (is -chan too cute for a teenage guy?) (in a chippendale's outfit?)
  • I have decided to go with the chippendale's outfit for Mitsuru for now. I am not overly attached to this outfit (even though I think it is the proper gender swap for a bunny girl outfit), so if we decide later to switch the outfit, I won't mind making changes.
  • Should I make a small alteration to the rule of "All characters will be genderswapped" in order to still have women shopping for food? Of course, now there might actually be a draw with a shota chippendale advertising food . Again, I have no problem switching this.

And I can hardly wait to write Kyonko threatening to break the fourth wall of the film to scratch off Itsuko's face for getting too close to a sleeping Mitsuru
Real life film?
GJ!
And please,go for Mitsuru-chan XD
Old 2008-03-23, 02:00   Link #3426
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

Oh yeah, pencil is a no, because I won't be able to post pencil drawings.

Scanner hath died, years ago, yet still sits below me.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:02   Link #3427
Jinsoo
KAGEYAMA!!!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Jinsoo Send a message via MSN to Jinsoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookOfMages View Post

and still be goodlooking?
If that's what you want to call it ;( I think I look better as a guy than a girl though. I'm not uber cute D;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Get a tablet. It helps.
Or get somebody with a tablet to do it for you~ hurrr >w>;
Jinsoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:04   Link #3428
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
It just struck me that genderbent me would be a borderline shoutacon...if everything gets reversed...
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:09   Link #3429
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinsoo View Post
If that's what you want to call it ;( I think I look better as a guy than a girl though. I'm not uber cute D;

Or get somebody with a tablet to do it for you~ hurrr >w>;

[-Gives Jinsoo a blank stare-].....[-Points to like 30 people who called her cute-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
It just struck me that genderbent me would be a borderline shoutacon...if everything gets reversed...
....This must be a painful time for you.
Old 2008-03-23, 02:27   Link #3430
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post
For this, I can only say one thing;
(I'm sorry, the Yuuki fangirl side of me shows more easily this early in the morning )

As for the "let's genderbend ourselves" discussion, I think I've become too interested to ignore it. If it's okay to falsely make oneself good-looking, then I find the idea pretty interesting...

An anime style certainly can make things less creepy, and a prime example would be a genderbent me. The real life version I accidentally let creep into my mind... Eek. The anime version... I think I’ll stick with it.
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:37   Link #3431
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffendahl View Post
For this, I can only say one thing;
(I'm sorry, the Yuuki fangirl side of me shows more easily this early in the morning )

As for the "let's genderbend ourselves" discussion, I think I've become too interested to ignore it. If it's okay to falsely make oneself good-looking, then I find the idea pretty interesting...

An anime style certainly can make things less creepy, and a prime example would be a genderbent me. The real life version I accidentally let creep into my mind... Eek. The anime version... I think I’ll stick with it.

Yuuki in the video is too much to resist, with his manly and serious yet not too manly voice, but rather a manly voice of power which would make anyone listen, and not the "OVER NINE THOUSAAAANNNDDD" way. along with his stare oh goooddd. [-Fangirl mode-]

and yeah I wonder if we can make several threads made for this genderbending thing, like discussion, image, etc. like I said earlier on.
Old 2008-03-23, 02:38   Link #3432
V33D12AG0N
The Draconic Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Motherly-sisterly works fine.

It's "-kun". I have yet to see a male character of that age in anime referred to as "-chan".

All characters are genderswapped. No exceptions.
Male character with "-chan"?
I think there are a lot of them, especially kids like Shin-chan or Kobo-chan

BTW I've just imagined what will the genderbent me looks like... and suddenly the image of Haruhi come into my mind...
so that means my true self can be compared to Haruki?? @_@
V33D12AG0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 02:44   Link #3433
Jintor

That video is awesome.
Old 2008-03-23, 02:53   Link #3434
Puffendahl
Että koko kokkoko?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookOfMages View Post
Yuuki in the video is too much to resist, with his manly and serious yet not too manly voice, but rather a manly voice of power which would make anyone listen, and not the "OVER NINE THOUSAAAANNNDDD" way. along with his stare oh goooddd. [-Fangirl mode-]
And for me, adding on to all those things, the fact that he has glasses in it makes it completely impossible not to get very, very fangirly. Having a major moe for megane can be a bit troublesome sometimes

I've also noticed that I sometimes snap into fangirl mode when I see a well drawn pic with male Asakura and a long sword
I seriously had no idea I liked the "murderous alien with a sword"-type too, but I guess
Yuuki is still the ultimate trigger of fangirlyness for me, though. Especially with the glasses.

Eheh... Still in fangirl mode, sorry
Puffendahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 03:03   Link #3435
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagedanji View Post
I've been trying to hold this in because I'm too afraid of a "Be patient dammit", but I still would like my new works edited to the first post. There was a 2-part rewrite of the old rewrite I made for DoS, and a Nagato vs Asakura. I know you probably didn't really mean it, but you said you were looking forward to them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
You have to wait for Dkelis to update the archive post, not Rockman.
Yeah, apparently living about twelve hours away from the US means that I get to be active for the slower times of the thread. Anyway, archive post updated. Assume that the archive post gets updated once every twenty-four hours. If I don't, I'll probably mention it beforehand (stuck without Internet access or whatnot).

Quote:

I don't know what I would look like genderbent, but according to anime norms it's likely to be attractive anyway. I would probably be considered "wow, tall", which in anime is considered (mostly) good (apart from Lovely Complex), but I don't know whether I'd be too much. (Currently 1.85m, which works out to be around six feet. Not that impressive when I was in the US, but in Singapore I keep hitting my head on things.)
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 03:03   Link #3436
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Quote:
And for me, adding on to all those things, the fact that he has glasses in it makes it completely impossible not to get very, very fangirly. Having a major moe for megane can be a bit troublesome sometimes

I've also noticed that I sometimes snap into fangirl mode when I see a well drawn pic with male Asakura and a long sword
I seriously had no idea I liked the "murderous alien with a sword"-type too, but I guess
Yuuki is still the ultimate trigger of fangirlyness for me, though. Especially with the glasses.

Eheh... Still in fangirl mode, sorry
That just makes me imagine Book 4 Yuuki, with his glasses, and moe points with his personalityy, brings all the boys to the yard.

I'm in fangirl mode 24/7, however it only shows when someone brings it up. I don't like Asakura though, it's the eyebrows, and personality. [-Shrugs-]
Yuuki is well I don't even want to bring it up, or people will stare at me weirdly.

Anyway I'm terrified the leader is going to pop up out of nowhere and yell at us, for straying from the main post of this thread?

There seriously needs to be another thread for certain people to fangirl. I'm running away from home! [-Runs into the bathroom with a bag of food-] [Shugo Chara referance made]
Old 2008-03-23, 03:29   Link #3437
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikimtasu View Post

*snip*
Nice find. I trust you with video hunting and periodic updates of the third post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
Yeah, apparently living about twelve hours away from the US means that I get to be active for the slower times of the thread. Anyway, archive post updated. Assume that the archive post gets updated once every twenty-four hours. If I don't, I'll probably mention it beforehand (stuck without Internet access or whatnot).
It's a good thing, although I'm sorry about the backlog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
I don't know what I would look like genderbent, but according to anime norms it's likely to be attractive anyway. I would probably be considered "wow, tall", which in anime is considered (mostly) good (apart from Lovely Complex), but I don't know whether I'd be too much. (Currently 1.85m, which works out to be around six feet. Not that impressive when I was in the US, but in Singapore I keep hitting my head on things.)
You're tall.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 03:36   Link #3438
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post

Neko Kyon-chan, anyone?

Lurk-guy here. Line traced another one of Kang's works, and added a splash of colour to the eyes... however, I really do suck at colouring ><; lol. We'll see how these turn out.

Also, /r/ translations to the following koma's if possible:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lurking Progress: Page 125! Working really takes a bite out of my free time lol. Completely unrelated but just finished Clannad. I actually liked the end, that doesn't really happen too often. Would've finished H2O - Footprints in the Sand but I was too busy lurking. Ah well, all for Kyon-ko, right? lol.
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 04:07   Link #3439
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
I know how you feel. I attempted to genderbend those three a few days before registering here too, but eventually gave up because Kuyoh completely ruined the otherwise-okay group pic I had drawn of them. That hair really is crazy...

But it's okay. After all, in the frustration of not succeeding in drawing the other three, I ended up drawing a female Fujiwara, and the pic turned out okay. And it was because I got a sudden urge of wanting to post that pic that I ended up joining here.

So I owe being able to be a part of this awesomeness to... Kuyoh's hair
I've seen your Fujiwara, I like, you should post the your Tachibana and Sasaki as well.

Here's my prototypes of their male versions. Sasaki looks like a fine chap that Kyon-chan would definitely like.

I'm doing a bunch of hairstyles for Kuyoh based on all the posts. I'll get it done in a while.

I've never had an urge to draw any guys before TTGL, I never liked drawing guys. I think genderbending has made me gay, the gar is just too much. I still love Kyon-chan and Itsuko most though.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 04:31   Link #3440
Jintor

Guys, I'm /r/ing any Serious-ish pictures of Kyonko. You know, in the style of

Sorta thing.

/EDIT Ok, prepare for some alternate artstyle Kyonko! Drawn by yours truly.

Last edited by Jintor; 2008-03-23 at 05:42.

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan