AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 22.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 8.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-09, 05:44   Link #81
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
can accelerator even use his powers while he's asleep
His powers are always on 24/7.
Old 2009-10-09, 18:30   Link #82
Siegfridus
Tlacuilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
His powers are always on 24/7.
...was 24/7
Siegfridus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:13   Link #83
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
But that was after the experiments, I was referring to whether or not he got jumped before the experiment and after the childhood conflict. The anime doesn't mention or show any of it.
He spent most or all of the time between the battle with the tanks and Project Radio Noise as an experimental subject.

Radio Noise was the first group that kept him around for more than two months. Along the way he got to visit a number of Academy Cities more morally dubious labs. Including the Special Ability Institute which he felt Yomikawa was being excessively charitable towards when she described it as being like hell on earth. Yoshikawa appears to have been the first person in Academy city to treat him as a person rather than a dangerous monster.

Quote:
can accelerator even use his powers while he's asleep?
Before his 9mm migrane, he could. The auto reflect power was always on.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:26   Link #84
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Originally Posted by al103 View Post
If they say "like hell you would" and send sisters attack him - yes.
Quote:
Even if he is unable to verbally convey his 'desire' to withdraw, I have great confidence in his ability to persuade people by more physical means.
Quote:
BTW if he wouldn't use lethal/crippling means of defense they can probably starve him to death just by destroying any food he gets, so again he would need to kill.
Quote:
-As I proposed earlier, he could just not retaliate. His ability does all the fighting he needs for him. There will be the odd occasion but hardly anything that he can't handle. When the research team figures out that he's not progressing in the experiment anymore, what can they do? The experiment requires him to kill, his survival and well-being do not.
Crippling is basically what his 'shield' does. As I've mentioned many times, the fights basically end with the sisters first attack-disarm and incapacitate/cripple. Hence, there really isn't a reason to kill them since that can't do anything anymore. In many cases, they just try to get away. In fact, if he truly wanted the fear to work, keeping them alive would be the best. As their individual doubt in the xpt would spread as opposed to being killed off before they share the memories or allow them to individualize quicker and early and spread the doubt/concern.

Your point about cutting off his food supply is comical. Instead of ranting about how unlikely and silly that is I think I'll just say,
Quote:
There will be the odd occasion [where he will need to give up this passive approach] but hardly anything that he can't handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Ironically, according to Last Order Accelerator realized this. He was trying to terrify the Sisters into saying no, because he himself did not have the power to stop that experiment.
Yup, that 'suspicious' scene xD. I wonder when Last Order figured it out...
I still don't feel comfortable accepting that explanation and I don't think I ever will something just doesn't feel or seem right Maybe it's my psych background yelling at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
He spent most or all of the time between the battle with the tanks and Project Radio Noise as an experimental subject.

Radio Noise was the first group that kept him around for more than two months. Along the way he got to visit a number of Academy Cities more morally dubious labs. Including the Special Ability Institute which he felt Yomikawa was being excessively charitable towards when she described it as being like hell on earth. Yoshikawa appears to have been the first person in Academy city to treat him as a person rather than a dangerous monster.
Cool I didn't know that. I assume that's discussed in the LN?

So basically, his 'hell' between tanks and clones was being a social outcast and lab rat. Somehow I doubt they would allow anything bad to happen to their precious subject. Physical or psychological. Eh~but I guess that would be thinking too much Fluff anyone?
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:00   Link #85
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Crippling is basically what his 'shield' does. As I've mentioned many times, the fights basically end with the sisters first attack-disarm and incapacitate/cripple.
Incapacitate =/= cripple. Cripple = never could attack again. Which isn't better then killing by much and defective clones would most likely be disposed anyway. Incapacitate and they will return sooner then later. And there is too many of them already.

Quote:
Your point about cutting off his food supply is comical. Instead of ranting about how unlikely and silly that is I think I'll just say,
And HOW exactly it's comical?

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
al103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:32   Link #86
Bordix

Quote:
Cool I didn't know that. I assume that's discussed in the LN?
It's from vol 12 and some parts are already been translated at baka-tsuki, you could take look at it. we get to know a little about Accs past.

Quote:
Just imagine sisters gunning down accelerators burger or bombing his fridge, that's pretty funny you know
Old 2009-10-09, 21:55   Link #87
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Because I get to watch him starve.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 21:59   Link #88
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
So basically, his 'hell' between tanks and clones was being a social outcast and lab rat. Somehow I doubt they would allow anything bad to happen to their precious subject. Physical or psychological. Eh~but I guess that would be thinking too much Fluff anyone?
Yeah it is from the LN's

SAI were rendering orphans into a state "worse than death" in an attempt to achieve someone with more than one ability. Accelerator was about 9 when he was in their dubious care. Yomikawa was with the Anti-skills team that shut that lab down hard some time later.

From what Accelerator thinks the researchers didn't see him as a precious subject because they couldn't control him. There seems to have been a cycle of a lab getting him and passing him on to another less reputable one when they decide he's too monstrous to keep. And these are labs that regularly torture abandoned children to death as part of their experiments.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 00:23   Link #89
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Quote:
Incapacitate =/= cripple. Cripple = never could attack again. Which isn't better then killing by much and defective clones would most likely be disposed anyway. Incapacitate and they will return sooner then later.
The term is subjective in time, but if you wish to use it in that context, then so be it. However, that still does not address the issue with survivors being more effective than deaths in instilling fear in them. Recall:

Quote:
As their individual doubt in the [experiment] would spread as opposed to being killed off before they share the memories or allow them to individualize quicker and [earlier] and spread the doubt/concern.
In other words, they'd generally be more scared if they lived to tell about it. (Or think)

As for the return of the injured...we simply do not know enough about the experiment to make a valid specific prediction. I believe #10032 holds the title of being the only imouto to face Acc and lived to tell about it. If however they were forced to fight again, then they would be much more susceptible to a mental breakdown-yet another reason to keep them alive.

Quote:
And there is too many of them already.
We are all entitled to our opinions, but that's not much of a point.

Quote:
It's from vol 12 and some parts are already been translated at baka-tsuki, you could take look at it. we get to know a little about Accs past.
Oh yea, I forgot the finally started that up again, I'll have to take a look after I get some more modding done first xD

Quote:
Just imagine sisters gunning down accelerators burger or bombing his fridge, that's pretty funny you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Because I get to watch him starve.
wahahaha!I actually do have-but These made my day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahak View Post
Yeah it is from the LN's

SAI were rendering orphans into a state "worse than death" in an attempt to achieve someone with more than one ability. Accelerator was about 9 when he was in their dubious care. Yomikawa was with the Anti-skills team that shut that lab down hard some time later.

From what Accelerator thinks the researchers didn't see him as a precious subject because they couldn't control him. There seems to have been a cycle of a lab getting him and passing him on to another less reputable one when they decide he's too monstrous to keep. And these are labs that regularly torture abandoned children to death as part of their experiments.
Thanks for the summary

Interesting...not only does this further support the whole 'media exposure' approach-let it be known and the anti-skill would stop it, but also reminds me of the whole too ev-
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 13:18   Link #90
kitten320

I didn't really like Accelerator at first but this 2 episodes had showed that he also is a human with good traits. If he was that evil he would kill MISAKA the moment he saw her and not bother to take her to his apartment and feed her afterwards.

Even though he was a maniac who was killing everyone, we still can't forget the fact that hew forced to take part in that expariment and most importantly that he had never lost before.

Imagine the feelinge for a person to lose when they never had before. For normal people like us it is a common thing but for them it has a very major impact which made Accelerator to re-think everything. All his believes were changed, it isn't that suprising that he was acting the way he is in this episode. As I said such minor things can have a great impact on so called "Perfect" people.

Accelerator has really picked my interest, hope to see him again in those few episodes.