AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-12-11, 00:26   Link #1421
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Hmm, I don't suppose you know the player who goes by "Planedev" on GameFAQS's forums, do you?

SG and HK are just on the previous version of the game; if you go to the current version, that might make the game more popular in Japan as well - except how the canned voice symbols bit that is in the game now is going to work, I have no idea.

Certainly the MS unlock requirements in version 2 are much simpler. Just a tier-based system so you can see what is still needed. The lottery-based one for "bonus" MS like the Mass-Produced Guncannon or GM Blue Destiny (Unit 1) or the stage-based one for the Alex and Kampfer, though, is a money eater.
SG is small, yet sizable. So I probably don't know him.

Taking a look at the atwiki for the game says that there are further upgrades to 1.08 and beyond. This lack of support reeks of an experimental release outside JP shores more than anything else to me, honestly. Not that I'm complaining that people in other territories get to play it at all though.

While I am happy with the changes to the unlocking system, it's gonna be a long time before we get there. Thanks for the info though.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 22:25   Link #1422
LynnieS

No worries. Since he posts on this game's board there and I think(?) there are just a couple of arcades with this game, I thought that you might have ran into him at one time or another.

For rev. 1, there were 16 upgrades, so we went to 1.16 before the big change. I'm guessing that Bandai Namco is just trying to see if it can drum up some business in SG and HK to continue the franchise, but it might fail if there isn't enough support by those arcades; it costs like 3 SGD per match if I heard correctly.

The move to 2.x, for you guys, could take awhile. Aside from MS unlock requirements, the other big changes affected promotion rules, voice symbol recognition and new playing fields and MS'es. Back in 1.x, it was very easy to get to be a general as long as you keep playing, but now it's how good a player is that gets you promoted. The voice symbol change, you're not too likely to get since it only recognizes Japanese - unless they managed to plug in different VR software.

Too bad, though. It would help the game's popularity if players from all 3 sites can link up, IMHO.

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 19:42   Link #1423
Ottocycle

Quote:
No worries. Since he posts on this game's board there and I think(?) there are just a couple of arcades with this game, I thought that you might have ran into him at one time or another.

For rev. 1, there were 16 upgrades, so we went to 1.16 before the big change. I'm guessing that Bandai Namco is just trying to see if it can drum up some business in SG and HK to continue the franchise, but it might fail if there isn't enough support by those arcades; it costs like 3 SGD per match if I heard correctly.

The move to 2.x, for you guys, could take awhile. Aside from MS unlock requirements, the other big changes affected promotion rules, voice symbol recognition and new playing fields and MS'es. Back in 1.x, it was very easy to get to be a general as long as you keep playing, but now it's how good a player is that gets you promoted. The voice symbol change, you're not too likely to get since it only recognizes Japanese - unless they managed to plug in different VR software.

Too bad, though. It would help the game's popularity if players from all 3 sites can link up, IMHO.
Yeah, they're only two arcades AFAIK with this game. Renting the machines surely isn't a cheap endeavour, I presume. I tend to go at off-peak times with empty machines, so I haven't met many people who've been playing the game.

It actually costs 5 SGD per credit (2 matches) and 5 more for the card, but I shouldn't be complaining since I hear it's 500yen/credit over there. Anyways, that kind of entry price point is still extremely high on the casual side of things, even I balked at the cost when I first heard of it. I expect that Bandai Namco should have an expectation of the crowd demographic (read: Gunota only) when they decided on introducing the game overseas.

Those are interesting changes to the game that you've wrote about there. Rank being tied to actual skill, the restructured unlocking criteria, and having space stages are changes I can believe in. What is this voice symbol thing that you're talking about though? Is it a software that allows one to order the CPU using voice alone?
Old 2009-12-13, 21:46   Link #1424
LynnieS

The space fields are really just land ones with a slightly less gravity effect, but they can be fun if you can boost well. Most people don't look up, so "death from above" moves can be fun. Luna II with its (non-moving ) asteroids is esp. good because of this. The Libot Colony fields are, IMHO, between normal land and space for gravity.

Version 2 introduced 2 things involving voice.

1. An in-arcade comm built into the seat so players in the same arcade can talk with one another without buying PC mikes. People still do, though, since the new mikes aren't good.

2. New software that recognizes certain key words when spoken, and will send these phrases across the network to every player on your team. If you chain these together, it lets everyone do a really basic conversation. It's mainly good for tanks since they can now tell everyone to what direction (or in ver2.09 what floor in Torrington) they are going, but can be useful at times like when the radar does not work.

Old 2009-12-14, 03:09   Link #1425
Ottocycle

The arcade here I go to is really nice, it provides a plugged in headset in each pod. I see that I shouldn't take it for granted now.

Also, just went a while ago, and I can confirm that there are Taiwan machines in the network, having played against them.

Finally, I have a burning question. How does one chain a melee combo? I hear something about inputting the command upon a white flash, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Old 2009-12-18, 09:26   Link #1426
LynnieS

You can try the info on this page on the GF forums or this simple Flash game that someone wrote. That flash just appears for a brief second after each hit, so watching for it + immediately acting = a bit hard and needs some practice.

That GF board might be better to use to ask questions about the game as well than here - although we don't really play much of it these days...

Old 2009-12-21, 08:18   Link #1427
Ottocycle

Quote:
You can try the info on this page on the GF forums or this simple Flash game that someone wrote. That flash just appears for a brief second after each hit, so watching for it + immediately acting = a bit hard and needs some practice.

That GF board might be better to use to ask questions about the game as well than here - although we don't really play much of it these days...
I absolutely can't thank you enough for that Flash game, seriously! Especially considering the amount of practice this requires.
Old 2009-12-21, 22:17   Link #1428
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
I absolutely can't thank you enough for that Flash game, seriously! Especially considering the amount of practice this requires.
You're welcome. Like I mentioned, you're welcome to ask for advice on the GameFAQS/Gamespot forum as well. While the small group of people with whom I used to play has essentially moved on (to other games and so on), there are still pages of advice on the game that we put there. We're just too lazy to write everything up as a FAQ. There were also players from HK and SG who had posted there recently, so it might be good to see if you can get a group going as well in your area.

You can also PM me, but I don't log onto the AS forums much these days so it can be awhile before I reply. Sorry...

Old 2009-12-23, 13:04   Link #1429
New type of Newtype
Gundam Pilot

Did anyone get to play Gundam vs. Gundam Next Plus on the PSP yet? It's been 21 days since it was released and nobody has said something about it.
New type of Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 13:08   Link #1430
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
yup . i got pawned by zaku. i had taken unicorn.
Old 2009-12-23, 17:44   Link #1431
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by New type of Newtype View Post
Did anyone get to play Gundam vs. Gundam Next Plus on the PSP yet? It's been 21 days since it was released and nobody has said something about it.
It's the usual trend here.

Nobody talks about a title once it gets released. Main reason being that the hype dies down and they see the game for what it really is.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 20:30   Link #1432
New type of Newtype
Gundam Pilot

Dang, I even wanted to know more details about it.
New type of Newtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 21:12   Link #1433
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Nobody talks about a title once it gets released. Main reason being that the hype dies down and they see the game for what it really is.
I do see people playing the game, though, so it's not as bad as (for example) the "Senjou no Kizuna Portable" PSP game that got pushed out a year ago. I have not seen anyone playing that POS IRL after release.

Old 2009-12-23, 21:56   Link #1434
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
just got it 2 days ago...but man is alot faster than the previous...only manage clear 1 route at the moment.

So far been using Unicorn, Exia, Freedom & Destiny
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 00:54   Link #1435
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama

Ummmm.....what?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 09:49   Link #1436
tetsuo69

i was able to play the game the past week and i like it a lot so far, the only down side for me , would be that i expected to have fun playing with strike freedom but the thing is i didnt like how everything was set for it XD

my fav mechs from GVGN

!.providence
2.wing zero C
4.akatsuki
5.freedom
Old 2009-12-25, 05:44   Link #1437
Knight_SV

i think the o, sazabi and providence should cost 3000gp
kinda surprised how they make qubeley surpassing sazabi here
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 05:48   Link #1438
Zantetsuken

It should noted the cost placing are relative to the show itself, not the universe it came from
Old 2009-12-25, 06:02   Link #1439
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The cost is based on the balancing, and I don't think it has anything to do with the suit's strength in the show.
Providence although is good, it doesn't worth the 3000 price tag.
Old 2009-12-25, 06:44   Link #1440
Zantetsuken

I meant the decision to make a certain suit at what cost is based on it's performance in the show more or less