AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-02, 13:11   Link #581
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
In any case, using cartoons to teach ones kids about life probably isn't the best parenting method. Make sure they understand cartoons aren't real, then let them watch whatever cartoons shows they like as long as it's age appropriate, that's my view.
Urghrgh... I just re-read what I wrote earlier and I feel I have to apologize for being an idiot, becuase I realize what I said is not true. I certainly wouldn't let my kids, should I have any, watch something that would preach a message that I strongly disagree with. So yeah, I don't know what posessed me to write that, apologies all around...

That said - I don't think that K-On sends the message that "non-practice makes perfect", at least not very effectively. IMO, there's being sensitive to the signals ones kid picks up from the media - and then there is the "Tinky Winky is gay" level of sensitivity, which I think this comes close to. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Old 2011-09-02, 14:26   Link #582
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Judging by the amount of action oriented animation and 3D animation they are using in Nichijou, KyoAni is up to something. it can't all be for the K-On movie...since K-On isn't an action type anything (unless they go all out for a concert). So that suggests they have something in the works that will require these demostrated skills.
Hum... That's an interesting take on it and you just got my hopes up for at least something interesting out of Kyoto in the next year or two. I just hope you're right
Old 2011-09-02, 14:32   Link #583
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also please don't tell me how I should raise my future children if I have any, and that goes for anybody that is thinking of doing the same thing. It's quite obnoxious and more than a little prying. I think we're done here.
Oh, but over here they love to tell people how to raise their kids and pets and everything.

.... In America!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-02, 14:37   Link #584
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Give. Us. Little. Busters. DAMMIT!!
Like I said many times before, it's not happening. Source material is not very adaptable. Essentially Angel Beats was Litter Busters the anime in many ways anyways (Plot resemblances, etc.).
Old 2011-09-02, 14:40   Link #585
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Source material is not very adaptable. Essentially Angel Beats was Litter Busters the anime in many ways anyways (Plot resemblances, etc.).
Ah, yea, I heard that AB! was called LB the anime by people. But that remains somewhat depressing since

*Insert PA works/Jun bashing here*

Though they are currently > Kyoani still.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-02, 15:31   Link #586
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Like I said many times before, it's not happening. Source material is not very adaptable. Essentially Angel Beats was Litter Busters the anime in many ways anyways (Plot resemblances, etc.).
It'll give those expecting a Little Busters anime a good slap in the face if they animate Rewrite instead Unless they already have an anime close to Rewrite
Old 2011-09-02, 16:58   Link #587
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Judging by the amount of action oriented animation and 3D animation they are using in Nichijou, KyoAni is up to something. it can't all be for the K-On movie...since K-On isn't an action type anything (unless they go all out for a concert). So that suggests they have something in the works that will require these demostrated skills.
I could see that 3D animation really making "Snowy Mountain Syndrome" into a few great episodes(two or three though?) if they have decided to animate a new season of Haruhi. And if they are gonna to animate "Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya", then we'd see a few great action sequences.

Since I am also a FMP fan, I'd love to see more of that series too, but I am really hoping for new Haruhi anime soon. There is just so much cool stuff that has not been animated yet(and a few characters that have yet to be introduced that I really want to see).

And why wouldn't KyoAni go all out for concert scenes in K-ON? After all, they went all out in how they animated the "Live Alive" concert scenes.
Old 2011-09-02, 17:03   Link #588
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Trying to figure when and where they would have time for a concert while there are in England.
Old 2011-09-02, 17:06   Link #589
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It'll give those expecting a Little Busters anime a good slap in the face if they animate Rewrite instead Unless they already have an anime close to Rewrite
Rewrite would be even harder to adapt imho. And the absolute easiest to adapt (planetarian) is still waiting on an adaptation.
Old 2011-09-02, 17:25   Link #590
Goggen

Quote:
Trying to figure when and where they would have time for a concert while there are in England.
I can't figure it out either, but then again we know nothing about the plot at all at this point (well, aside from the fact they're apparently going to England). I can't see them doing a K-On movie and not have any type of music performance in it, though.
Old 2011-09-02, 18:20   Link #591
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Sales wise, FMP:TSR tanked. Which boggles my mind, but there you have it.
A near 5k average for the tv series with an OVA doing 11k isn't what I would call tanking.. but it's easy to see why they went away from it.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu = 8.9K
Air = 24.3K
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid = 4.8K
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu = 41K
Kanon 2006 = 17.2K
Lucky Star = 29.1K
Clannad = 24.8K
Clannad After Story = 19.8K
Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai = N/A (Now that's a flop, even though most of it was already done via the 2 OVAs)
K-ON! = 43K
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu 2009 = 19K
K-ON!! = 39.3K
Nichijou = 3.4K

And than you have the massively successful Haruhi movie and all their Bluray Boxsets are sales killers as well... the only two shows you can classify as flops are Munto and Nichijou.. and the later might break even anyway... Those two aside the FMP series stand out as the weakest links, profitable but the weakest links nevertheless. Kadokawa should just give the property to someone else.. while for KyoAni it would be an underperformer... a lot of other companies will jump at something that would sell in the 5-10k range.

Curious to see what KyoAni do next though... the Haruhi brand survived Endless Eight and is probably stronger than ever after Disappearance... lock in a 30k+ series for that... the K-ON! Movie is going to sell like hotcakes.. and there's currently two manga series for it running... on the Key front they looked boned as Little Busters and Rewrite are difficult to adapt. They really should've went after Hagani or something.. maybe Kadokawa has some hot new property they can give them... they'll probably try and make another Lucky Star but on the flip side it could turn into another Nichijou.

I think we'll be stuck with sequels and another girls doing cute things 4-koma adaption for the next couple of years... sigh KyoAni, the Vince Carter of animation when it comes to potential.
Old 2011-09-02, 18:50   Link #592
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
A near 5k average for the tv series with an OVA doing 11k isn't what I would call tanking.. but it's easy to see why they went away from it.
4.8k is nothing to laugh at, but compare it to everything else in the KyoAni lineup that you listed. Even FMPF has nearly double the sales. Then we look at K-On! and Haruhi. FMPTSR isn't exactly popular by KyoAni standards.

I think FMPTSR only managed 4.8k because of KyoAni imho. I found the two KyoAni FMP's significantly better than the original FMP, I doubt a studio that would kill for 4.8k sales would do the job required to make FMP sell that well.
Old 2011-09-02, 19:07   Link #593
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What was the GONZO sales of FMP?
Old 2011-09-02, 22:34   Link #594
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
What was the GONZO sales of FMP?
Averaged about 4250 per volume. Just a little lower than TSR.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-09-03, 05:27   Link #595
ZODDGUTS

Pretty obvious from those sales KyoAni will stick with Moe girls do Moe things, Key-Aids, plus Haruhi anime series.

Quote:
sigh KyoAni, the Vince Carter of animation when it comes to potential.
Spot on.
Old 2011-09-24, 06:10   Link #596
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
sigh KyoAni, the Vince Carter of animation when it comes to potential.

Ah c'mon.. They're not backed into a corner pegged beyond hope. Unlike Vince Carter... Who's pretty much over shadowed by younger ones right now... Thanks for reminding me of my childhood.

Now that's going off topic.

In any case, after skimming not seeing this get posted,
Old 2011-09-25, 03:13   Link #597
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Nichijou is over.
So aside from the K-On movie in December, what is KyoAni doing next?
Old 2011-09-25, 03:17   Link #598
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Raking in the dough, perhaps.
Or — in a serious note — looking for the next light-hearted manga series or light novels to animate.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-25, 03:37   Link #599
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Raking in the dough, perhaps.
Or — in a serious note — looking for the next light-hearted manga series or light novels to animate.
Unfortunately this seems to be the most likely possibility...
Old 2011-09-25, 03:39   Link #600
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Next project; Finding another newspaper strip to turn into anime?

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
Closed Thread

Tags
studios