AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 18:25   Link #4061
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecraft View Post
A little off-topic, but I dunno know many of you ship Heero x Relena at all, but I've started to scan a lot of doujinshi which feature them... I'll be posting them up on my blogspot. http://gloryoflosers.blogspot.com/

If anyone wants to translate them, you're more than welcome.
LOL! Not enough people ship the 1xR... but then again, I never thought their relationship would last long after EW.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 03:00   Link #4062
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

So um, just popping in on a break from revision, and uh... so now Rashid is an adulterous ho? xD Why did I come here?!

I think loads of people on here ship 1xR actually, they'll be happy I agree with Eeni though, I prefer them as individuals. Mostly cos I've never seen it portrayed well and think there's more to Relena than being some girlfriend. BBUUUTT loads of people on here will love this, thanks Peacecraft!
(And I'll have a look myself, if nothing else there's nice artwork )
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 14:20   Link #4063
Hawaiian_Gurl8o8

Send a message via Yahoo to Hawaiian_Gurl8o8
eeep !! are those Kajika Ono's works ? man i would give up an arm and a leg for her works .,I was bummed out that she shut down her Website in 2010 .
Old 2012-04-06, 23:09   Link #4064
Ferhb

Hello, everyone!

I'm new here, but i've actually been following this thread for a while, and I've noticed that, apart from Deacon Blues brilliant translations and collaborations from everyone, you haven't been able to read the whole novel, right?

So, I'm not sure if this is against the rules (I think it isn't, since it's not an official translation), but I know this livejournal from this kind soul who's translated ever chapter up to Nocturne of Sorrow (i think that would be chapter 14).

Am I allowed to post it here, do you want me to?

And I think I may add: if you read it completely, you'll get to the conclusion that Sumisawa is a bloody bastard.
But a brilliant one! I personally think the story is amazing. But again, I've read the whole 14 chapters so far.

Last edited by Ferhb; 2012-04-06 at 23:27.
Ferhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 02:34   Link #4065
Aldaeus

Yeah sure why not, all we've pretty much gotten are summaries... I'd be game to actually have something to read seeing as Deacon is debating still on if he's gonna translate the "Current" stuff only taking place on Mars.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 07:43   Link #4066
Ferhb

Well, if anyone's interested, please PM me!

I think it's better that way, I don't wanna break any rules!

=D
Old 2012-04-07, 16:10   Link #4067
susyia

please please send to me!!!
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:49   Link #4068
Mistalya

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
hey look what i found!! there's ova gundam wing operation meteor i didin't know that exist
http://greenzombie.awardspace.com/gwoeom.html
i'm downloading now i hope i like
Was this download legit? Did anyone download it? Also hi from like page 30. >.> Haven't been around in a minute lol.
Mistalya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 06:52   Link #4069
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
LOL! Not enough people ship the 1xR... but then again, I never thought their relationship would last long after EW.
...they had a relationship? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistalya View Post
Was this download legit? Did anyone download it? Also hi from like page 30. >.> Haven't been around in a minute lol.
Welcome back. And yeah, I downloaded it and it was fine. It features those short new animations after the final battle. Neat, but it's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Also thanks a ton for those doujin scans peacecraft. By the way, if you need help restoring the lost FT and GoL chapters sendspace was so kind to delete, drop a word. I have a bunch of them on my PC and I'm sure the others have the files lying around somewhere, too.
Personally, I've always preferred mediafire. Though I'm sure any day it's going to get the megaupload treatment as well.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 08:39   Link #4070
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post

Welcome back. And yeah, I downloaded it and it was fine. It features those short new animations after the final battle. Neat, but it's not exactly setting the world on fire.
Depends on how you define the word "relationship"

Does anyone remember this GW video with Heero and Dr J, in some different kind of animation, like 3D? It was short and had no purpose apparently, but I remember seeing it a few years ago...
Old 2012-04-08, 17:06   Link #4071
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferhb View Post

Does anyone remember this GW video with Heero and Dr J, in some different kind of animation, like 3D? It was short and had no purpose apparently, but I remember seeing it a few years ago...
*cries*
I saw this and because of the context assumed you were suggesting people made 3D animations of Heero and Dr J "in a relationship" and that it was also canon.

I'm calling my therapist. Not that I have one. But now seems like the right time to find one.

----

topic: reading some recent chapters of FT, I've come to the conclusion that some parts are better than we give them credit for.
Granted, the plot, execution and details still make it silly, but it's hilariously comical and some paragraphs are actually even decent storytelling. Katerina and Sabrina are actually reasonably interesting, if they weren't Peacecrafts that conveniently live with the very same Darlians that will raise the next generation. And if they didn't copy Relena's more odd mannerisms as if introducing yourself to thin air was some sort of genetic family trait while out-piloting Zechs with their ability to just jump into a machine like that needs no training. With the help of a cat. Sigh.

I like Katerina, actually. As a toned-down standalone, with them as, say, kids from another Sanc family close to the Peacecrafts or related this could've done well. It would've added depth to Sanc and its hierarchy (and dynasties and whatever) as well.

Or maybe I'm too optimistic haha
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 17:43   Link #4072
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
*cries*
I saw this and because of the context assumed you were suggesting people made 3D animations of Heero and Dr J "in a relationship" and that it was also canon.

I'm calling my therapist. Not that I have one. But now seems like the right time to find one.
I'm so sorry
If you need contacts, my mother is a therapist also

And no, one thing has nothing to do with another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post

I like Katerina, actually. As a toned-down standalone, with them as, say, kids from another Sanc family close to the Peacecrafts or related this could've done well. It would've added depth to Sanc and its hierarchy (and dynasties and whatever) as well.

Or maybe I'm too optimistic haha
Actually, my opinion is Katerina is a funnier version of Relena, maniac maybe. And Sabrina is the depressed version of Relena. Kind of a bipolar Relena, in two different people.

And I forgive Katerina for being a pilot, after all she wasn't raised with the Peacecrafts.
Old 2012-04-08, 19:02   Link #4073
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Somewheeeeere over the rainbooooow!~ Jeez, I can't stop cracking up at this. xD

Quote:

Well, if we're talking about the name calling thing, then that will last forever. The creators will it so. xD
But if we're talking about an actual relationship, as in them being lovers, then I apparently missed something.

And I think you're referring to Gundam Evolve 7. Watching this always reminds me of Beast wars...
Great, now I want to see Beast Wars. Blast you FBI for taking down MU where all the episodes were uploaded!
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-08, 19:42   Link #4074
Ferhb

Quote:

And I think you're referring to Gundam Evolve 7. Watching this always reminds me of Beast wars...
Great, now I want to see Beast Wars. Blast you FBI for taking down MU where all the episodes were uploaded!
Oh, thanks a bunch! That's it! What's the purpose of that, anyway?

I'm also grieving for MU.
Old 2012-04-09, 13:04   Link #4075
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I've got the remastered second half of the series on DVD.

If only I could find the first half...
Old 2012-04-09, 18:08   Link #4076
Sommer
Hobbit

I have to admit that I really like the idea of Katrina being a female Gundam pilot, but most important the fact that she is the protagonist of her own story. The fact that GW have FIVE main pilots/protagonist and none of them is a woman, this upset me alot.

Last edited by Sommer; 2012-04-09 at 22:56.
Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 18:41   Link #4077
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommer View Post
I have to admit that I really like the idea of Katrina being a female Gundam pilot, but most important the fact that she is the protagonist of her own story. The fact that GW have FIVE main pilots/protagonist an none of them is a woman upset me alot.
She's truly badass! Even tough she speaks to a cyber cat, which is the prototype to Zero system.
Old 2012-04-10, 01:04   Link #4078
Eeni

Quote:
Ya.... it's a bit of a stretch seeing as how it looks like Heero never stayed anywhere near Relena. He was a proper young man who knew that his education was much more important then hooking up with the Vice Foreign Minister. But all joking aside, he was at least interested (curious?) about her and vice versa

And as far as the 1xR goes, I've never asked simply because I've been through so many flame wars about this... it's just not worth. But I'm glad to see we do have 1xR supporters here ^_^
Quote:
She's truly badass! Even tough she speaks to a cyber cat, which is the prototype to Zero system.
About that. The cat was the A.I. right? So was this first prototype ZERO used in any way, shape, or form to the one that the Wing ZERO uses?

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 02:48   Link #4079
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Katrina's ZERO system gives her cat-like reflexes.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 05:26   Link #4080
Ferhb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
About that. The cat was the A.I. right? So was this first prototype ZERO used in any way, shape, or form to the one that the Wing ZERO uses?
I don't think so... or else, we wouldn't have watched GW if it had a cat in it in the first place

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ferhb; 2012-04-10 at 15:13.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing