AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-04, 08:24   Link #21
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Is it wrong for me to envy Franky this chapter? Just look at where his head is...lucky bastard.
I didn't notice it but now you mention it Maaaaybe . Well it would be another story if it was Nami, Definitely yes then .

P.S. And has to be the real Nami, Not the Sanji Nami, so that we are clear .
Old 2012-07-04, 08:26   Link #22
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Oda might have overlooked the Schichibukai fitting animal design of 'Tora'falgar Law.

Instead of having tiger stripes, Trafalgar has leopard spots on his hat instead.
i was about to mention that, you beat me to it! that hat actually convinced me that oda didn't plan for trafalgar law to be "tiger-guy", if he had that in mind from the start then he would have drawn law's hat with stripes and not spots. but it's nice to finally understand why luffy keeps calling him trafal-guy. i thought it was just some silly nick-name he came up with since he obviously thinks he and law are now buddies.
Old 2012-07-04, 08:49   Link #23
yakumo-chan

holy comowly!!!!
doflamingo is JOKER!!!??
Old 2012-07-04, 09:55   Link #24
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Makes me wonder what kind of ultimate goal Doflamingo actually has. After all he has enough patience to plan years ahead.
Maybe he is also one of the Ds. He has enough ds in his name at least.
Take over the world or unite the world ( as strong fighters/pirates), what else ?

He might actually be well-informed about the whole Raftel-one piece thing imo. He like has a station or underlings everywhere we go and he seems to be quiet adept at infiltrating the marines and Intel gathering.

G-5 was supposed to be a big branch of one piece government and the head of that place is his subordinate.
Old 2012-07-04, 11:11   Link #25
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Joker turning out to be Doflamingo is not a surprise, however Vergo being his most trusted subordinate and the "mole" of the G5 marines is quite the revelation.

Of course, seeing as how Law also used to serve under Doflamingo, that would logically mean that he knows a lot about his "ability". That's going to be pivotal information on how to stop/defeat Doflamingo. All the more reason for Luffy to have Law as an ally.
Old 2012-07-04, 11:53   Link #26
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe he is also one of the Ds. He has enough ds in his name at least.

By that logic, anyone with a "D" in their name could be part of the D clan. I mean, sure on one hand you could consider Whitebeard being one, but on the other side of the spectrum you'd also have to consider guys like Spandam as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
And it just struck me that Law is officially at the same level as his former captain - both Shichibukai - could it be that he plans to defeat him (possibly using the remains of the defeated Yonkou's crew, many of which would actually be grateful)?

Both Law and Dofla may be warlords, but fact of the matter is that the latter has more seniority, power AND influence than the former. In a way, it's kind of like how Vergo was just revealed to be Smoker's "superior" even though the both of them are the same rank. That being said, I would also agree that Dofla may be part of the reason why Law wants to gather strong allies (though I doubt that he'd be able to convince any emperors to join his side).....

Actually, speaking of Dofla and his men, I wonder if Yarisugi (the commodore introduced this chapter) is one of his moles, as well? I know that the G5 marines in general are made up of just plain nasty bastards, but considering that the branch's commanding officer answers to a warlord, maybe said officer has his own subordinates who work directly under him, as well (as fellow moles, in other words).....

And I just want to say again that I'm really impressed with the slime having its own DF power. In a way, it could even be seen as a loophole of sorts to the whole "one person can't eat more than one DF" rule. Rather than the user themselves eating a second fruit, just have a byproduct of the user's original power eat the other fruit instead! In fact, I'm really hoping that Oda takes this idea further and reveals that the slimander even has its own Awakened form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
But there should be more insects since there are literally more insect species than all other species in the world combined. They also have the largest population and biomass of all animals combined.

I've been saying it for years now: The ultimate zoan user is going to end up being an Awakened cockroach zoan. Mark my words.
Old 2012-07-04, 12:13   Link #27
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
By that logic, anyone with a "D" in their name could be part of the D clan. I mean, sure on one hand you could consider Whitebeard being one, but on the other side of the spectrum you'd also have to consider guys like Spandam as well.

While I don't think so either, you don't necessarily and to include Spandam, that is, of course, unless you think Spandam's real name is Span D. Am. (though surprising got a catchy tone to it)

Doflamingo does have a first name, so it could simply be Donquixote D. Oflamingo.. (also got a nice ring to it as well)
Old 2012-07-04, 12:48   Link #28
Rainbowman

Quote:
-Back at Punk Hazard, Usopp and Sanmi are forced to deal with the giant kids, who have awakened and are going berserk from withdrawal symptoms again. As Usopp prepares to sedate them again, Caesar himself suddenly appears to offer the kids more of his drugged candy. Meanwhile, Zoro's group are still dealing with the slime, which is revealed to have a DF power: Sala Sala(mander) no mi: Model Axolotl.
It's surprising that the slime creature would have a zoan devil fruit. With the model Axolotl, makes me wonder how many other species of salamander there are.

Quote:
-Back at the lab, we see Vergo chatting with Monet, who points out the hamburger stuck to his face. We then learn his true identity: Vergo is the vice-admiral who commands the G5 marines. While he's eating the burger, we see that Luffy and co. are all imprisoned together, nearby (amusingly, Luffy is reminded of Alabasta since he's locked up with Smoker again ). Law, who's also in the cell, explains the history between "Joker" and Vergo: It turns out that Vergo was a pirate who joined the marines under Joker's orders 15 years ago, and rose to VA rank during that time. The evil VA then tells Smoker and Tashigi that he'll have to kill them since Law revealed his past to them....
Sounds like we got ourselves a corrupt official working on the inside.

Quote:
-Luffy asks Law about Joker. Law says that he was a former underling of Joker himself, which is why he knew him so well. Vergo also happens to be the mole's most trusted subordinate. But while in the underground he's known as "Joker", the dark info broker is known in the outside world as the Shichibukai Donquixote Doflamingo.....!!!!!!
This is quite a reveal. I bet there's going to be memes about Doflamingo cosplaying as Batman's Joker. Speaking of Batman, I remember a comic cover with the villain Mr. Zsasz who I think is resembling our grinning warlord.
Old 2012-07-04, 14:03   Link #29
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Is it wrong for me to envy Franky this chapter? Just look at where his head is...lucky bastard.
haha, but haven't they been together from the getgo? i'm sure he's been in a lot better places by now i'm not expecting or wanting romance in op but i think it's inferred that they have a relationship

Quote:
I've been saying it for years now: The ultimate zoan user is going to end up being an Awakened cockroach zoan. Mark my words.
haha genius! its a certainty if someone has eaten the nuke nuke fruit. also, about the insects, oda has barely scratched the surface of the new world so I'm 100% positive we will get our fair share of insect powers in the coming stories

and hell yea! doflamingo being joker is the best possible scenario. i'm glad joker wasn't a new character and this just adds to doflamingo's awesomeness. i forgive him for not killing moriah even though that really should have happened...
Old 2012-07-04, 14:08   Link #30
ellifeedn
Thinker

I think we now know who it was that Doflamingo was talking to before the time skip.
Old 2012-07-04, 14:59   Link #31
marvelB

^I agree, that would make a lot of sense.
Old 2012-07-04, 15:19   Link #32
Somnus
Eh?

This doesn't really contribute to this conversation, nor does it touch upon the many reasons this chapter was fantastic, but I feel it needs to be said....

Robin's parted hair look is extremely awesome/sexy. I love it.
Old 2012-07-04, 16:32   Link #33
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I think we now know who it was that Doflamingo was talking to before the time skip.
Who do you have in mind?
Old 2012-07-04, 17:31   Link #34
ellifeedn
Thinker

If you read this chapter it would be very obvious.

Other than that, I think Vergo is going to be a very formidable opponent if his haki was strong enough to knock out both Law and Luffy (the way Luffy passed out suggested it).
Old 2012-07-04, 18:11   Link #35
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
If you read this chapter it would be very obvious.

Other than that, I think Vergo is going to be a very formidable opponent if his haki was strong enough to knock out both Law and Luffy (the way Luffy passed out suggested it).
Lol Vergo seriously?

You've got to be kidding.
Old 2012-07-04, 18:32   Link #36
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
The translation I read was a bit confusing towards to end. Did I understand correctly, that Vergo was a subordinate of Smoker once and climbed the ranks quickly all while being a secret minion of Doflamingo? If that is correct, are we to assume, that the Harpy Lady is also on board Joker's team?

Wow, things are turning in a surprsing way lately. Ceasar may actually end up being just a mini boss, while Doflamingo is the big bad of the arc. On the other hand, we may not even see the encounter with the shichibukai on this island. Regardless, we are going to see some crazy fights in the not too distant future. I wonder who will take on Vergo, though. It pretty much has to be Smoker. But if that's the case ... Smoker for Strawhats? Just kidding. Though, it may be a possibility.

By the way, were those french fries Vergo had on his cheeks during the flashback?
Old 2012-07-04, 19:21   Link #37
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Did I understand correctly, that Vergo was a subordinate of Smoker once and climbed the ranks quickly all while being a secret minion of Doflamingo?
Vergo was Doflamingo's first mate.

Now he's the commander of G-5 (aka Smoker's division). So he is Smoker's superior.
Old 2012-07-04, 21:32   Link #38
Mateus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
uh... yes. didn't you read the chapter?
I definitely did but I must have missed that part

Also is it possible that Doflamingo is the yonkou that Law wants Luffy to help takedown, not saying that there is a fifth secret one but perhaps Kaidou or Shanks retired in the meantime?
Old 2012-07-04, 23:03   Link #39
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Also is it possible that Doflamingo is the yonkou that Law wants Luffy to help takedown, not saying that there is a fifth secret one but perhaps Kaidou or Shanks retired in the meantime?
I'm not sure if you can just retire from pirating.
Old 2012-07-04, 23:11   Link #40
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Your insinuation of Vergo being that guy Doflamingo was talking to about Moria's assassination doesn't quite add up for the following reasons:

1) Moria asked Dofla if it was Sengoku that gave him the order to have him killed, to which Dofla replied that it was someone even higher up. Vergo was/is a VA, whereas Sengoku was the FA; therefore, Vergo can't be that guy because Sengoku was his superior in rank/authority.

2) That wasn't even a marine Dofla was talking to; it was a WG official.

3) Why would Dofla take an order from his subordinate (Vergo)?

4) Why would Vergo want Moria dead? What would he gain from that?

5) Judging by their relationship, Dofla and Vergo would have a high respect for each other. The way that particular conversation went down about Moria's assassination didn't exactly exemplify that. Dofla even went so far as to threaten that guy about quitting the shichibukai. That doesn't sound like something he'd say to his most trusted subordinate Vergo.