AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-07, 02:13   Link #101
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
I gotta say, the sense of dread I'm getting while reading this is something special..
Yeah, the scenes of Kasuga in his room are so claustrophobic, and the slow pace makes it more unsettling (shiver).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I think Saeki looks a bit creepier than she was. Her eyes and manner are kind of weird. She freaks me out!
It's those cold dead eyes and sleepy smile... brr..... (though the art seemed a bit off in this chapter). Also that casual 'want to meet up tomorrow?' - uh... Oomiya and Utsnomiya are like 100 miles apart. Even in Japan that's got to be a couple hours by train? That's pretty far to go for a random get together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
It was weird when they showed her boyfriend looked eerily similar to Kasuga.
Also weird was the way she talked to him: 'I went to the live today with my boy friend.. Right Koizumi-kun???' - Huh? Is he not really her boyfriend? Why does she need to get him to confirm it? 'The live was really good... Right Koizumi-kun???' --- Just... strange.

'..a normal happiness I guess' -- WTF does that mean?? Run Kasuga!!
Old 2013-02-07, 02:15   Link #102
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I thought her rape attempt failed though.
Look at page 21 of Chapter 26. You have to use your imagination to figure out what those shadows are, but once you see it ...
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 07:05   Link #103
Bombo
TSF Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
*gets ready to smash phone in rage*

Wait... it's been three years right? Things have changed right?

Wait she burned down my hideout!

But... She's been in juvenile detention... surely that must have straightened her out...

Wait she raped me!

But she has a new boyfriend now...

Wait... he looks like me....

Ah well, I'm sure it's fine. Perfectly ok to meet the person who raped me and committed arson in a jealous rage for lunch alone. What could possibly go wrong?
I can't think about his situation tbh ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
To be fair, Kasuga's hanging out with a girl who looks like Nakamura.
i forget about this part too but still this girl love books unlike nakamura ..

Where's the cute saeke ? the old saeke ? The power of jealousy is too strong.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 08:08   Link #104
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Also that casual 'want to meet up tomorrow?' - uh... Oomiya and Utsnomiya are like 100 miles apart. Even in Japan that's got to be a couple hours by train? That's pretty far to go for a random get together!
nice observation about how far apart they live from each other. i'm not familiar at all with japans prefectures and cities. i didn't even give it a second thought. i also wasn't so sure about how she was mentally after three years and now... confirmed for more batshit crazy stuff by her later!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 09:01   Link #105
konart

Spoiler for 42:
Old 2013-02-09, 09:24   Link #106
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^

Normally, I would only take a peek (stare) of her cleavage, but her face freaked me out that I had to look away immediately.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 12:38   Link #107
Ddraig

Her motive is unknown right now but it cant be anything good. Though I wouldnt mind if she try to get back together with him.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 13:38   Link #108
Utsuro no Hako

So I'm betting the boyfriend's gonna do something horrible to Tokiwa while Kosuga's avoiding her because of what Saeki said.
Old 2013-02-09, 17:19   Link #109
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

I got that feeling too. I'm dreading what's going to happen next. Damn you, Saeki!
Old 2013-02-09, 22:25   Link #110
Arkard

Saeki is up to something, and the fact that we don't have any inkling of what that something is is terrifying.

As for Tokiwa... something bad is sure to happen, and guessing her new writing will probably be the catalyst.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:15   Link #111
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Well she did keep her reading hobby and writing a secret from her friends, peers, and boyfriend and shared it with one person who loved or is now regaining his love of books again.

I get the feeling the boyfriend is going to be more aggressive and force himself in Tokiwa's room or not her--either one of the two, and I get the feeling that Saeki wants to get back with Kasuga or just wants him to regain his former self just to make her feel amused for her own self satisfaction. It seems that she really got the kid to question why he's with Tokiwa and hasn't tried to seek Nakamura out all those years...hmmm. C

Anyway, all we need is Nakamura to show up and bam! One big happy reunion... to say the least.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:35   Link #112
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Damn, I hope not. Despite hiding her real hobbies from her friends, Tokiwa has been a wonderful character so far, both visually and psychologically. I was actually enjoying Kasuga living a bland, but normal lifestyle with the occasional hanging out with Tokiwa. I can only HOPE that Kouji isn't planning something nefarious out of bitterness for what happened, like rape in their clubhouse. If Tokiwa is to be screwed over, I'd rather it be because of something Kasuga did or said.

Damnit, it's going to be a looonnng month wait =0(.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 07:41   Link #113
topboy
poor man

Maybe Saeki just finished serve her role here (said Tokiwa just some substitute for Nakamura).Tokiwa been raped ,feel sad and been dumped or broke up later.Kasuga tried to comfort her and become lover.Then Nakamura come back.
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 17:44   Link #114
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Chapter 42

Hmm, well this chapter didn't really go where I thought it would.

It seemed like Saeki just wanted to confirm that Kasuga is living a miserable life since it 'serves him right' for making her unhappy. The only reason she's 'disappointed' is because if he's not with Nakamura, then everything she suffered through was for nothing. Didn't really get the impression we'll see her again.

Kasuga claims that all this time he's had no reason to live (not sure why he didn't finish the job and kill himself). I'm assuming he cried at the end because Nakamura pushing him off the stage meant she totally rejected him - so no reason to try and track her down. She doesn't care about him, and never did. So if he believes what Saeki said (that he will make Tokiwa unhappy), then he will stop seeing her.

As for Touji, I'm not sure why everyone assumes he's going to kidnap Tokiwa or do something weird. Everything we've seen so far indicates to me that he's a pretty normal, popular, (jealous/insecure), high-school boy. He realized he's in the wrong, and wants to be a stand-up guy & apologize. I doubt Tokiwa would be dating him for a whole year if he had any psycho tendencies.

All those things taken together would mean we're going back to the status-quo from the beginning of this arc. However, as Akard says, that's boring. So I have no clue where the story's going to go from here...
Old 2013-03-10, 10:34   Link #115
Aesthetic Shampoo

It's a trap!
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 12:06   Link #116
Utsuro no Hako

Ah, I was hoping the series wouldn't have a bad ending -- at least not a completely bad one. But this doesn't look good.

And you know, sitting behind Kasuga has to be the worst seat in class.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:40   Link #117
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Definitely seems like a trap. I even got the feeling Tokiwa was throwing hints at him to not come.
Old 2013-03-10, 12:52   Link #118
Arkard

Bleh, hurry up and trainwreck already.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 18:20   Link #119
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Hmm, well this chapter didn't really go where I thought it would.
I can extend that to the whole series. Like, I have no clue where this is going, but in a good way.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-12, 14:13   Link #120
mican

Location: Somewhere in a distant patch of green staring into the luminous starry sky.
Looks like Saeki still hasn't gone over him, and she takes out her anger by condemning him. Can't wait to see what happens next

Tags
drama, psychological, romance, school life, shounen