AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-23, 05:46   Link #41
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well, I saw ep 3 myself
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-23, 14:07   Link #42
Rainbow Candy
kawaii

Send a message via MSN to Rainbow Candy
well i personally think tona gura quite interesting...ive never seen the anime but i read the manga
Old 2006-07-23, 16:16   Link #43
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 3 of Tona Gura! establishes a pattern of puns that are going to be employed consistently throughout the series.
Spoiler:

One of the better puns is Kazuki having daydreams about Yuuji being cool and gentleman fullfilling their promise. She either wakes up on her head or her fantasies shattered with her reality check about Yuuji still lingering on his lecherous ways.

Summary:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-30, 18:00   Link #44
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I recommend you all to watch episode four; a cute one full of Marie and Nina kawaii & moe -ness.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-02, 07:39   Link #45
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Can someone translate the title of episode 3 for me?
kiritto yuuji ni dokkiri kazuki
Old 2006-08-02, 12:59   Link #46
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Can someone translate the title of episode 3 for me?
kiritto yuuji ni dokkiri kazuki
キリッと勇治にドッキリ香月
Would roughly translate to: A spruce Yuuji and a surprised Kazuki.

Tonagura! titles are quite straightforward with the exception of ep 4's: にゃあ~( ゚ω゚)haha, then again, it's rather fitting.

Ah, forgot to comment on episode 4.
Spoiler for Episode 4:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-08-04, 08:37   Link #47
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Upon commenting for episode four, I noted Marie became even more ruthless and proactive delivering justice (i.e. shooting him) to Yuuji every time that caught him on about or in the middle of his lechery acts.

I felt a little vexing, since Kazuki is also more than able to handle Yuuji by herself.
I sort of missed the punches and kicks that lacked in that episode.
Old 2006-08-06, 10:11   Link #48
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Well, just saw Ep5, and well
Spoiler:

*Whew* Well, can't wait for the subs to find out what's really going on.
Old 2006-08-06, 10:36   Link #49
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil
Well, just saw Ep5, and well
Spoiler:

*Whew* Well, can't wait for the subs to find out what's really going on.
Perfect summary. Not even I could have described with the best of words.

Yep. The episode showed how good chemistry Yuuji and Chihaya make as friends, chatting to each other about a hobby that the two of them enjoy much. Unfortunately, Kazuki starts to get an uneasy feeling for those two; jealousy perhaps. As much as she wants to internalize her feelings with the obvious and logical justification (that which Yuuji is reponsible for) due to Yuuji's echiness, she's starting to warm up for him.

Also, Hatsune became disappointed and frustrated that both Yuuji and Kazuki could not get along; gives more grounded basis that she's rooting for those two to eventually get together and ending up confessing that they love each other and is been planning all those timely chances for make it happen.

I could not either understand much about the conversation, however, I may have a vague idea.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-14, 02:57   Link #50
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Hmm, looks like discussion of this series is dying down

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2006-08-15, 15:28   Link #51
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Saw up to episode 06. Episode 06 was mainly a drama episode. I envision a compromise: if only Yuji possessed more self-control over his hormones, and Kazuki less uptight and perhaps let a man cop a feel once in a while like Chihaya, maybe their match would be ideal. But honestly, I have about as much interest in the interactions between our male and female protagonists as I do snails crawling across my lawn. So why am I still watching this show? Answer: Hatsune-neesan. This episode further showed her strength and appeal as a soft-spoken elder-female pillar of mental and physical support. While she isn't consciously aware of Kazuki&friends eavesdropping during her counseling with Yuji, it does demonstrate she has an innate sense of amelioration. And yes, the ara aras. Can't forget about the ara aras. With the next episode looks to be focused on Hatsune, I have the anticipation that episode 07 will be the climax of the series for me. Hatsune, in glasses...mmm...

Last edited by Muir Woods; 2006-08-15 at 17:44.
Old 2006-08-18, 00:17   Link #52
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

A beautiful episode from both Kazuki and Yuuji seeing each other through their points of view.

It also establishes without denial that Hatsune plays a binding force not only to root for them and helping along the way to grow attached to each other, but also to guide them in finding out that they love each other and for one day to confess their feelings without shame.

Kazuki gets to know Yuuji a sensible and shy side of his persona, totally opposite from his lecherous daily self. The conversation she listened between Yuuji and Hatsune about the photographs, speaks great volumes about Yuuji wishing to make Kazuki smile; capturing her beautiful smile on camera.

Everything else went as Muir Woods and Sailor Enlil posted, though they skipped quite some touchy details.
Spoiler:

After this episode what if Yuuji's lechery actually plays somewhat of a useful but freaky function?
I think that Kazuki can freely let go off her emotions and smile with more ease whenever Yuuji goes rampage on her.

If that's true, then Tona Gura! proposes an ingenious and original way how to make the female lead less uptight and more free with her quirks through ecchi therapy.

Spoiler:

Unbelievable! Yuuji did not get shot or beaten in this episode.
Old 2006-08-22, 23:21   Link #53
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I saw episode 07.
Spoiler for Brief comments on episode 07:
Old 2006-08-23, 00:14   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Indeed, the episode was Hatsune-centric and proved hazardous to her health and the welfare of both Yuuji and Marie.

Spoiler for What I understood:
Old 2006-08-23, 20:35   Link #55
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

Hmm, i was looking around for another comedy series and looked up this title, haven't still watch a ep. from the comments it doesn't seem to bad I guess XD

time to try it out D:! ... wait.. now i have to pause the other things <.< , oh well D:!
Old 2006-08-24, 15:00   Link #56
chaotic_mind89
Assassin

Wow, I'm downloading the first torrent now. I hope its as cool as y'all say it is
Old 2006-08-25, 01:25   Link #57
LCeh

I have to say, I am very pleasantly surprised by this series. At first I thought it was just brainless ecchi, but after watching ep 5 and 6, my impression completely changed. This is a very good series so far.
Old 2006-08-26, 10:26   Link #58
Anime Online

Tonagura is a very enjoyable ecchi comedy. Though Yuuji's ecchi-meter reach dangerous levels when the opportunities present themselves (Chihaya tempting him at Episode02, for instance), his pouncing ecchi-ness seems to be reserved for Kazuki.

It's great that the fansubs are up til Episode03 already.
Old 2006-08-26, 13:58   Link #59
LCeh

But more than 7 eps are already aired, and the fansubs is still at ep 3. I would say the fansubs aren't doing that great of a job compared to other series, like let's say Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2006-08-26, 16:45   Link #60
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh
But more than 7 eps are already aired, and the fansubs is still at ep 3. I would say the fansubs aren't doing that great of a job compared to other series, like let's say Zero no Tsukaima.
Anime Online may be referring to the fact that at least two groups released Episode 1 during the third week of July, and we didn't see anything else (other than the raws) for over a month. Ryu released the first three episodes during the past week, so we're in a lot better shape than we were. Previous to the Ryu releases, some of us were relying on the raws and summaries.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance, shounen