AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-03, 16:18   Link #21
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessoumaru's girl
Hey all! This is my first post on this lovely site. Pleased to meet all of you. =D I had a question about the manga series "Fruits Basket" I was recently directed to by a friend. I picked up the first one at the bookstore and now I'm addicted. But, I've only been able to find the first two volumes so far. Are there more? Are there only two translated so far?
Tokyo Pop has only released the first two volumes so far.

Volume 3 will be out on the 8th of June (next week).
Volume 4 will be out on the 10th of August.
Volume 5 will be out on the 12th of October.

Release dates for volumes 6 through 14 have yet to be announced, but one can guess that there will be a release every other month.
Old 2004-06-03, 16:21   Link #22
Sessoumaru's girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Tokyo Pop has only released the first two volumes so far.

Volume 3 will be out on the 8th of June (next week).
Volume 4 will be out on the 10th of August.
Volume 5 will be out on the 12th of October.

Release dates for volumes 6 through 14 have yet to be announced, but one can guess that there will be a release every other month.
Wonderful! Thanks!
Old 2004-06-05, 23:54   Link #23
flutistjason

TokyoPop's website is a wonderful resource for their released dates and such. They usually have volume teasers and release dates for issues coming out in the next six months.

http://www.tokyopop.com

And I also fell in love with Fruits Basket, but sadly have not gotten around to buying the second volume. I'm running 6 licensed series right now that are either monthly or bimonthy installments, and I'm just a poor college kid. *sniff*
Old 2004-06-06, 01:14   Link #24
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

oh..if you order from the right places...you can get them a week before their release date
Old 2004-06-06, 13:17   Link #25
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
oh..if you order from the right places...you can get them a week before their release date
The bookstore near my house generally has Tokyopop releases at least one or two weeks early. I have already read Fruba 3 and am now sad because I have to wait another two months to get more Kyo and Hatsuharu goodness.
Old 2004-06-09, 01:39   Link #26
Sessoumaru's girl

oooh I like the sound of early releases. Are these little private bookstores I'm assuming. Not big chains like Borders? Gah! Must stock up on manga before i go home for the summer to my small town which has no places to buy manga. hehehe.
Old 2004-06-09, 03:31   Link #27
flammie
White Dragon

From what I understand, most graphic novels aren't fixed to a specific release date. Bookstores and comic shops are allowed to sell them whenever they receive them from the distributer. My local Borders, Media Play, Barnes and Noble and various comic shops in the area all seem to put the books on the shelves at different times, sometimes weeks before or after the official release date.
Old 2004-06-09, 05:29   Link #28
Aurora
Just visiting...

Send a message via AIM to Aurora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sessoumaru's girl
oooh I like the sound of early releases. Are these little private bookstores I'm assuming. Not big chains like Borders?
Waldenbooks.
Old 2004-06-09, 14:06   Link #29
domino
デレデレ

From what I've seen in local chain bookstores:

Waldenbooks - HUUUUUUGE selection of manga, new volumes out VERY early, but these stores are kind of hard to find

Borders - second best... sometimes early releases and a good selection. Lately they've been selling out of manga i want though x_x

Barnes and Noble - I dont know about where you live, but where I live, these stores are pretty bad... small unorganized manga sections and extremely slow releases.
Old 2004-06-12, 23:50   Link #30
Dementium

um...does anyone here know whether fruits basket season 2 exists on the anime?
i'm in malaysia and theres been rumours about a season 2 but i have yet to see it
Old 2004-06-12, 23:59   Link #31
InstantRamen

No, there isn't a Fruit's Basket Season 2 - yet. The dude who did the anime is working on Jubai Chan 2 (or whatever). I think he said in an interview that he'd like to come back to Fruit's Basket someday... But I may have made that up, my memory is fuzzy on that one.
Old 2004-06-13, 00:11   Link #32
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
Barnes and Noble - I dont know about where you live, but where I live, these stores are pretty bad... small unorganized manga sections and extremely slow releases.
it's kind of odd, but in general you should avoid the tiny little ones scattered all over the place and look for the big Barnes and Nobles: INCREDIBLE selection
and being a member gives a 10% discount (i shoulda bought one of those a long time ago) and ordering off their site gives free shipping if the order is over $25 and within the continental US...and you can cheat and use gift cards for payment
i think you can do this with other stores but i've only done it with B&N since there's one within walking distance of my house
Old 2004-06-13, 12:47   Link #33
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementium
um...does anyone here know whether fruits basket season 2 exists on the anime?
i'm in malaysia and theres been rumours about a season 2 but i have yet to see it
Like many series (Kare kano, Kenshin, Fruits Basket, and many more) the TV series does end while the manga continued. Heck, Kare Kano is still running after 10 years strong and Furuba, as far as I know is still continuining. The chances that a series will continue after it stops a 26 episode run is VERY rare and doesn't happen that often.
Old 2004-07-21, 19:46   Link #34
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Question Question on Fruit basket manga

Currently there are 13 vol for Fruit Basket (well Last time I checked anyway), this question is for the people who read the manga up to date. (I'm thinking of buying it or not depending on the anwser)

I'm a huge Shoujo fan the main reason, because of the romance ofcourse, after watching the anime the ending felt some what lacking and I aint the only one who felt this. Just wondering does the manga have any sort of developement at all? Cause I want my love rivals or better love triangles to start happening.

The question may have been asked before, but like me i'm a slacker and I cant be bothered to go through the sheer amount of old threads.
Old 2004-07-24, 10:44   Link #35
wondrous_kate
misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
it's kind of odd, but in general you should avoid the tiny little ones scattered all over the place and look for the big Barnes and Nobles: INCREDIBLE selection and being a member gives a 10% discount (i shoulda bought one of those a long time ago) and ordering off their site gives free shipping if the order is over $25 and within the continental US...and you can cheat and use gift cards for payment.
i think you can do this with other stores but i've only done it with B&N since there's one within walking distance of my house
Ha, I buy my manga only through bn.com with cards! That's all I ever ask for on birthdays and such.

I've heard that more English speaking fans prefer Kyo over Yuki. Is this true? Myself, I am Yuki all the way. ^^

Also, has anyone submitted any fanart for the Fans Basket section at the end of the manga?? I sent a whole bunch of mine to TP in hopes that they'll use mine. I wonder if they get a lot...
Old 2004-07-24, 11:00   Link #36
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I'm for Kyo! *points to sig*
I didn't like Yuki so much, but after a while he seems quite nice to Tohru so I kind of like him now. That girl in Tohru's school, the phychic one who cahses away the Prince Yuki fanclub is my fav by far just because shes uber kewl XD
Old 2004-08-03, 01:07   Link #37
The Yellow Dwarf

Ri-chan-san is the best! =D Yuki is nice too among the younger Sohmas.
Old 2004-08-03, 08:18   Link #38
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
I'm for Kyo! *points to sig*
I didn't like Yuki so much, but after a while he seems quite nice to Tohru so I kind of like him now. That girl in Tohru's school, the phychic one who cahses away the Prince Yuki fanclub is my fav by far just because shes uber kewl XD
I second that. Hana-chan is the coolest girl of the bunch.

I really laughed a lot at one instance where she said to the 3 juunishi boys \'happy new year\' in the words:

\"May you have good waves next year\"

Classic.
Old 2004-08-03, 20:41   Link #39
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
Currently there are 13 vol for Fruit Basket (well Last time I checked anyway), this question is for the people who read the manga up to date. (I'm thinking of buying it or not depending on the anwser)

I'm a huge Shoujo fan the main reason, because of the romance ofcourse, after watching the anime the ending felt some what lacking and I aint the only one who felt this. Just wondering does the manga have any sort of developement at all? Cause I want my love rivals or better love triangles to start happening.

The question may have been asked before, but like me i'm a slacker and I cant be bothered to go through the sheer amount of old threads.
The manga have HUGE character developments, not to mention a slew of new characters, some of them become romantically entangled with old characters. Lots of flashbacks that explain stuffs.
Old 2004-08-06, 17:49   Link #40
puffpuff
Fallen Raven

I love Fruit baskets! But Iīve only read 3 books. Thatīs all theyīve released in Sweden yet. So, Iīve been looking for the anime but they donīt sell it here.
Do anyone know a site where I can bye or download it??

I like Hana-chan too!=^-^=
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, romance