Old 2023-01-28, 21:08   Link #161
Dextro
He Without a Title

Can confirm. Dark Misa is indeed kinda hot
Old 2023-01-28, 21:14   Link #162
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think it can only be her. I don't remember if this was properly explained in S1 since the anime has a tendency to leave out most explanations and we end up with stuff that barely make sense like the way Anos saved Misha and Sasha (perfect explanation in the LN, which someone posted back then).

Remember Lay's adoptive mother? She was half-demon, half-spirit just like Misa. Spirits are born from rumors and half-spirits are born normally and then a rumor/legend which they're unaware of themselves get attached to them. If the rumor gets forgotten, they get sick and die, but on the other hand, their spirit form has the exact abilities the rumors say.

So what does this mean? Misa's spirit form is Avos Dihlevia, which means she's just as racist as the legends say AND that her powers are as ridiculous as Anos' now that she's awakened, since Avos' legend is partially based on Anos' history. She's possibly stronger than him depending on how exaggerated the rumors are. That's also the reason why Anos' "children" are back at her side despite their brainwashing being undone last season: everybody believes they are Avos' subordinates, therefore they are.

The true reason the guy who was turned into an owl tried to kill the Elder was to delay the formal announcement that Anos is the real Demon King of Tyranny, since it would have overwritten Avos' legend before Misa could awaken.
I hope they put this in the next episode to explain everything, though I kind of doubt it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Those Demon Emperors are pretty useless, switching sides again. Not that Anos needs them, but still. Nor that its their fault really, the big plan has been building up to this for a while.
If I remember right some of them actually have A-list VA's attached to them and they only really came back for like one line .
Quote:
Glad the spirit trials are over with and looks like its onto direct confrontation. Anos can deal with any challenge, mental or physical, but their time at the forest just felt like stalling. Well, that was part of the big bad's plan, stalling Anos, but not interested in the spirits much. Not to mention trying to keep track of all the other demon nobles and their reasons for being involved.
I just stopped keeping track of their names and just remember them by the seiyuu voicing them .
Old 2023-01-28, 23:55   Link #163
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Yep; totally lost here =01. The Misa thing probably didn't come outta nowhere, and I'm sure it'll be explained in detail by Anos, but this revelation doesn't shock me. If anything, it does nothing but confuse me. Having not 1, not 2, but 3 dang people wearing the Avos mask definitely didn't help in that regard. It doesn't feel like the pace of this series is "breakneck speeds" or anything, but nothing really feels fleshed out to give a clear picture of the events going on(at least not until after the dust settles; then the explanation hats come out, esp with Anos).

Fortunately this spirit realm arc is over now. It was boring at best with an annoying antagonist(the crooked cross-mouth guy[Kreilan?]), but the Shin vs Lay/Misa fight was decent. I like the way their relationship has been built up so far in the series and both of them fighting together was really nice, even though they ended up losing.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-29, 01:29   Link #164
Lex79

I'm still ready for a reveal that yes, Misa is Avos Dilhevia but no, the child of god is someone else. Just to make things even more complicated.
Anyway, I'm assuming the hardest part of this arc would be defeating her and dispelling the notion of Avos being the true demon lord without having her die.
Old 2023-01-29, 06:51   Link #165
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I'm still ready for a reveal that yes, Misa is Avos Dilhevia but no, the child of god is someone else. Just to make things even more complicated.
Anyway, I'm assuming the hardest part of this arc would be defeating her and dispelling the notion of Avos being the true demon lord without having her die.
This is Anos we're talking about. He'll probably have to let her "die" but then he'll revive her thanks to his magic and tie her myth to his own so she survives (or something like it).

Sadly I don't think the Dark Misa look will be permanent and that's a shame.
Old 2023-01-29, 13:41   Link #166
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
This is Anos we're talking about. He'll probably have to let her "die" but then he'll revive her thanks to his magic and tie her myth to his own so she survives (or something like it).

Sadly I don't think the Dark Misa look will be permanent and that's a shame.
That's quite likely to happen.
Old 2023-01-30, 02:46   Link #167
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I think it can only be her. I don't remember if this was properly explained in S1 since the anime has a tendency to leave out most explanations and we end up with stuff that barely make sense like the way Anos saved Misha and Sasha (perfect explanation in the LN, which someone posted back then).

Remember Lay's adoptive mother? She was half-demon, half-spirit just like Misa. Spirits are born from rumors and half-spirits are born normally and then a rumor/legend which they're unaware of themselves get attached to them. If the rumor gets forgotten, they get sick and die, but on the other hand, their spirit form has the exact abilities the rumors say.

So what does this mean? Misa's spirit form is Avos Dihlevia, which means she's just as racist as the legends say AND that her powers are as ridiculous as Anos' now that she's awakened, since Avos' legend is partially based on Anos' history. She's possibly stronger than him depending on how exaggerated the rumors are. That's also the reason why Anos' "children" are back at her side despite their brainwashing being undone last season: everybody believes they are Avos' subordinates, therefore they are.

The true reason the guy who was turned into an owl tried to kill the Elder was to delay the formal announcement that Anos is the real Demon King of Tyranny, since it would have overwritten Avos' legend before Misa could awaken.

Thanks for the explanation. Honestly, I can't remember if they just didn't explain it all or I forgot.

Yeah, Anos assigning her a new legend seems the most likely outcome.
Old 2023-01-30, 10:13   Link #168
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Honestly, I can't remember if they just didn't explain it all or I forgot.
In that case you simply forgot. The important bits were all in S1. I mean Kanon explained it perfectly. We also knew that there was more to the Avos Dillhevia stuff, by paying closer attention. The rest will most likely be explained. People should just remember that this Great Spirit Arc will run for the rest of the 1-cour unless they make it shorter, what I don't believe. Comparing it the WN there should be around 30ish chapter left, so everyone can get an idea.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-30, 15:21   Link #169
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll admit to this...I have no idea what is going on anymore . But Dark Misa is attractive so that covers for any issues .
Old 2023-01-30, 16:52   Link #170
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So who's the guy who stabbed Lay? Is it Shin, helping his daughter/asserting dominance over her boyfriend? Or was it Misa, in two places at once, having inherited her father's swordsmanship?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-30, 17:21   Link #171
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
So who's the guy who stabbed Lay? Is it Shin, helping his daughter/asserting dominance over her boyfriend? Or was it Misa, in two places at once, having inherited her father's swordsmanship?
I think the Spirit King and the Misa!Avos are two separate individuals despite wearing the same mask.
Old 2023-01-30, 23:57   Link #172
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 03:09.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-31, 00:37   Link #173
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
More swimsuits !
Old 2023-01-31, 08:27   Link #174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Those Eleonores

Hopefully we'll get a swimsuit episode this season.
Old 2023-01-31, 11:49   Link #175
Frontier

Quote:
Those Eleonores

Hopefully we'll get a swimsuit episode this season.
After this one and the last one with the sisters, I would be very disappointed if they didn't have one .

Honestly I could use a bit of a break from the main plot .
Old 2023-02-04, 13:33   Link #176
Frontier

Avos!Misa really enjoying that villainous glow-up! Nene Hieda is really enjoying getting to play her character as a pure villainess! Also, were Misa's boobs always that big :eek!?

I guess it goes to show you the power of fairies and legends that become a part of them that it was able to produce a "true" Avos Dilhevia as the "true" Misa and she's able to basically hijack everything and take over the city, leaving Anos as the only thing left to stop her plan while she hoards everything to herself. Though for Anos, it's just another Saturday .

City is under a barrier? Hybrids are being practically purged and tortured by royals? Misa is now half-evil? No problem for Anos! Just has to find some OP way to resolve everything and save Misa .

Oh hey, another subordinate of Anos' from 2,000 years ago! Although he doesn't really get to do much other than attack Anos and let Eges show off more .

Elio seems like a cool guy! And I'm not just saying that because he's voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi, he's still loyal to the true Demon King of Tyranny .

Oh hey, Emilia! I was honestly never expecting to see her again, but now she's still having to deal with being stuck in a hybrid body when her former fellow royalists are going to town on them. And being on the other end of the abuse and prejudice finally makes her realize how bad she used to be, culminating perfectly when Best Parents finally show up to help save her and Emilia is rescued and comforted by the woman she tried to coldly kill in season 1. And nothing says character development like saving Anos' mom !

And just like in season 1, Anos reserves his cruelest attacks for anyone who touches his parents...he basically eviscerated those Royalists into fireworks .

I love how proud Anos' dad is of all the women his son brought home. There's nothing left for him to teach Anos .

Yeah, I think we've stretched how far we can take the Anos fangirls at this point, so maybe it's best we leave them behind .

Welp, there you go. Emilia can't agree to go along with the Royalists and Avos Dilhelvia any more even though that used to be the entire basis of her character. And for saving Izabella, she has Anos' gratitude. I wonder if she will be restored to her original form at some point ?

A backdoor entrance through the city of Zeshia's! It's a bunch of identical girls making a living in their stoic fashion. I love how their boutiques all seemingly sell the exact same outfit .
Old 2023-02-04, 14:09   Link #177
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I've definitely forgotten about that plot point of the former teacher becoming a hybrid after trying to kill Anos' mother, it's rather convenient that the current situation is also teaching her a lesson regarding royal/hybrid issues! SASUGA ANOS-SAMA! 10000 year plan! 6D chess!

What has she been up to ever since she became a hybrid anyway? Just wandering the streets while she still can't believe that she's no longer royalty? Will she have a bigger role in all these, or will her role be as simple as "the girl Anos' mother helped in ep3 to show that the hybrids are the good guys"?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 15:50   Link #178
Random14

Dang, Anos was only there as a hologram. Well, guess its time for him to retake his castle. At least a few demons do remember who the real demon king is, depending on their own fame and memories (so much for the seven elders then, they're too famous).

Bit long on exposition again, particularly regarding that earlier game of wits, its better when Anos just does stuff like blast through that long winded spirit tree. Though it does mostly cover how overpowered "Avos" is supposed to be now, and it does build on the pre-existing rules of their world. Poor Lay, he only had good intentions but his earlier ruse ended up contributing to this.

Surprising to see Emilia again, particularly in the middle of a crisis like this, but even more surprising to see her character's actually improving. And for extra irony she was saved by Anos' parents, who are as supportive as ever. Yeah, Anos still goes all out on anyone who dares to harm his parents, although looks like Emilia is actually coming around now (and Anos appreciates her saving his mother).

That city of Zeshias was cute. I hope the others have something to do later, there hasn't been much for them to do since they reached the spirit forest, and still more brainwashed subordinates to go through.

Last edited by Random14; 2023-02-04 at 16:02.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 18:49   Link #179
Magewolf

There were a lot of shots of that sword hanging on the wall. I smell a fake out in the future.

Also after Anos explained everything Avos was fast to jump to the conclusion that he was just figuring it out now. However none of what he said needed any info he did not have at the end of the mind game. Everything that happened after that was just confirmation. So I am guessing he just let everything play out because it was the best way to save Misa.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-04, 19:22   Link #180
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Really enjoyed the episode, the first one in perhaps the entire series where it didn't feel like they were rushing like hell. I was surprised they actually explained everything about Avos in detail. The reminder that Lay/Kanon was the one who spread the rumors of Avos was also appreciated. Him ending up with Misa is definitely no coincidence.

A city filled with Zesshias living perfectly normally was funny to watch. Pretty sure there's something to Misha saying she's seen this scenery before, since she wasn't convinced by Anos's explanation she must have read about it in a book because he based it on how the place looked 2000 years ago. Guess she's the reincarnation of someone from back then as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Welp, there you go. Emilia can't agree to go along with the Royalists and Avos Dilhelvia any more even though that used to be the entire basis of her character. And for saving Izabella, she has Anos' gratitude. I wonder if she will be restored to her original form at some point ?
That would defeat the entire point. Anos actually offered to turn her back but she turned him down. By now she's learned hybrids are in no way inferior to pure-blooded demons, and to be honest she looks way prettier than before. She should aim to join Anos's harem instead.

Tags
demon king, harem