AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-16, 11:17   Link #201
Rurouni

How is the anime compared to the manga? the same or totally different from each other like FMA?
Old 2009-01-16, 15:44   Link #202
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

The anime and manga started to diverge around episode 37, 38 I'd say. Right now the anime seems to be taking a somewhat similar route, though with some characters' roles and certain events switched around.
Old 2009-02-08, 05:46   Link #203
Iloxus

I donīt think this question belomgs to here, but...
Is there anybody who wishs, that the Anime and Manga wouldnīt go so different ways?! T.T
Ok a real uestion, although it doesnīt seem right again....
A Soul Eater PSP/PS2 was released. The content seems to go til episode 24 (release of the Kishin). Do you guys think, they will make a game for the second halve of Soul Eater?
Old 2009-02-09, 04:05   Link #204
thepik241

Who is Excalibur?

I see him on many sites such as the Suzaku and Excalibur legends but I have no idea who he is.

Who is he?
Old 2009-02-09, 06:12   Link #205
Hisago

Go watch episode 9. That should answer all your questions. More questions than you'd ever want answered...
Old 2009-02-15, 16:39   Link #206
lmd_84

Could anyone please tell me what Yumi Asuza's Weapon form is?
Old 2009-02-15, 16:55   Link #207
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmd_84 View Post
Could anyone please tell me what Yumi Asuza's Weapon form is?
It's a crossbow/sniper rifle hybrid thing.

Her name literally means "bow" while her family name is a kind of wood that you might make a bow out of. On the other hand, she goes "bang" when fired and has a barrel. On the other other hand, she clearly has a string that needs to be pulled back to fire.
Old 2009-02-15, 17:06   Link #208
lmd_84

Ah. I wasn't sure when I watched Sid using Yumi, and thought she was something in particular I just didn't recognise. But when you put it like that, she sounds like no real-life weapon. Wonder why Okubo just didn't go for a sniper rifle... Not that it matters. Thanks for the description.
Old 2009-02-16, 00:33   Link #209
RDF2050
Superidol

Why do you mods or admin make a images thread for ridiculous fanart that will be epic as Gundam 00 threads.
Old 2009-02-18, 06:56   Link #210
Hisago

I'm not a mod, but the image thread here isn't so busy that we need separate threads for general and ridiculous fanart.

...if that's what you were saying. You didn't punctuate so it's not really clear.
Old 2009-03-15, 20:33   Link #211
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisago View Post
The anime and manga started to diverge around episode 37, 38 I'd say. Right now the anime seems to be taking a somewhat similar route, though with some characters' roles and certain events switched around.
And episode 37 roughly fits in with chapter number...?
Old 2009-04-09, 21:26   Link #212
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Sorry but no one can, not until the soundtrack has been released in July.
Its "So Scandelous" (Or Soul Eater's theme)
Old 2009-04-09, 21:43   Link #213
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Nevada, USA
Where did you fine this bit of info? If your joking sarcasm is hard to tell on the Internet >.>
Old 2009-04-09, 21:58   Link #214
Kurona

Q: If Shibusen really is in Nevada, does this mean that all the characters are American? I mean I'm sure some are Japanese, but can anyone depict which characters are Japanese and which are American? Specifically would like to know what nationality Chrona and Medusa are.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:00   Link #215
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Even Chrona is confused about that but personally I think if it was a boy it would be called Chrono/Chronos instead of Chrona
Quite true. Most male names in Japanese do not end with an "a." They are mostly o, e, and i.
Old 2009-04-09, 22:11   Link #216
Kurona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantman View Post
http://souleater.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Star
Black Star is voiced by Yumiko Kobayashi in both the anime and drama cd (the only va used in both). And Mamiko Noto did Tsubaki in the drama CD, while Kaori Nazuka did the anime.
Yumiko Kobayashi and Kaori Nazuka were the ones to sing the "My Star" and "harmoNIZE" songs for the series.
N-No way! You're saying that a girl sang "harmoNIZE"???
Old 2009-04-11, 07:21   Link #217
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurona View Post
N-No way! You're saying that a girl sang "harmoNIZE"???
Nope. I don't know why, but yes, it is under the female seiyu's name if you look at the character song CD. Same with Psychedellic Souljam and Bang! Bang! Bang! Have a nice dream! It's under Soul, Maka, Kid and the Thompsons' names but I'm pretty sure the composer does the rap. Iwasaki, you know?
Old 2009-04-12, 22:34   Link #218
Kurona

Ah, yes yes. I see. Then he was probably going by who's theme song they were. You know how almost every character has his/her theme?

Medusa - Lady of Gorgon
Maka - M. Albarn
Death the Kid - Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Have a Nice Dream / Death the Kid(So Crazy)
Black Star - harmoNIZE / Black Star (Never Lose Myself)
Soul - Selenic Soul / Soul (Psychedelic Souljam)
Mifune - Mifune
Masamune - Masamune
Tsubaki - Camellia
Spirit - Spirit
Mosquito - b. Mosquito / c. Mosquito

Eh, sorry but what song do you think may have been Chronas? Sorry I'm a little obsessed ^__^;;
Old 2009-04-20, 15:48   Link #219
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Q: If Shibusen really is in Nevada, does this mean that all the characters are American? I mean I'm sure some are Japanese, but can anyone depict which characters are Japanese and which are American? Specifically would like to know what nationality Chrona and Medusa are.
Black Star is definitely Japanese, Ox Ford must be european, going by his name, the Thomson sisters are most likely American. Maka and Soul could be either european or american but I really can't tell. Maka's outfit and surname suggest a european background while Soul could be from anywhere...same goes for Medusa and Chrona.
Quote:
Where did you fine this bit of info? If your joking sarcasm is hard to tell on the Internet >.>
I second this question
Also, I would like to know if Kniges is a zombie like Sid, what with the bandages and everything...can weapons become zombies?
Old 2009-04-20, 21:56   Link #220
JunkKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Maka's outfit and surname suggest a european background
Spirit appears to be of european descent, but in chapter 40 Black*Star describes Maka (and himself) as Japanese so current fandom's thinking is that Maka's half and half.

But all this is just a discussion on ethnicity- which means little about where a person was really born and/or raised. Shibusen is a special school, surely the students don't attend there just cuz they are being raised in Death City's school district

On that note, in the first chapter of Volume 7 (eh.. chapter 23) Death City is identified as being in the state of Nevada.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a