AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-11, 03:45   Link #341
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Normally I'd agree, but then again this is the world of fiction.
True. But then, the same thing goes for it being impossible all Gallians studied at this academy.

Quote:
And that still doesn't explain how this is coming off as a typical anime high school romance/comedy/drama with some war themes thrown in.
Hmyeah, well, I'm still holding my breath on that one, especially with the latest videos. This could become quite a deep story.

Quote:
Different interpretations, then. I felt that the game handled it well.
Ah well, that's what makes us different. I myself am looking forward to this more darker part of the series.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 11:42   Link #342
cloner4000

Quote:

And that still doesn't explain how this is coming off as a typical anime high school romance/comedy/drama with some war themes thrown in.

Different interpretations, then. I felt that the game handled it well.
And different culture..Western audiance perception of war are usually from movies (at least for me), which is different from the Japanese interpretation.

You can pretty much join military academy fresh out of highschool right? welkin was actually like 21 in the game which is quite old, so I think if we put them at the age around 18 or so, it's not necessary a highschool setting. unless you are saying since it's anime it has to have a high school setting???

and I like it way better if it has romance/comedy/drama...that's what sets this game apart from other.

If I want grit and dirty war experiences, I would play FPS or watch Band of Brothers...
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 21:31   Link #343
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
And different culture..Western audiance perception of war are usually from movies (at least for me), which is different from the Japanese interpretation.

You can pretty much join military academy fresh out of highschool right? welkin was actually like 21 in the game which is quite old, so I think if we put them at the age around 18 or so, it's not necessary a highschool setting. unless you are saying since it's anime it has to have a high school setting???

and I like it way better if it has romance/comedy/drama...that's what sets this game apart from other.

If I want grit and dirty war experiences, I would play FPS or watch Band of Brothers...
The difference being is that Welkin is an officer, and judging by the very limited sample size of Welkin and Faldio we have from VC, like in real life, you probably have to have a 4-year degree to be an officer in the VC-verse milita and military. We don't know for sure if Varrot has a college degree but I am going to go out on a limb and say, "yes, she does."

The high school setting would be more akin to an enlisted training facility.... i.e. boot camp.

The original VC definitely did have romance, comedy, and drama, but it was clearly not the main idea of the game. The more important facet was the war story, through and through.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 16:12   Link #344
cloner4000

Right, the focus is on war story, but the game story also focu a lot to develop Welkin and Alicia's relationship. I haven't seem any other RPG in recent memory that has go this far and this explicit to show a romantic relationship between main characters. most game have either implied, or non-existent.
Old 2009-10-15, 06:20   Link #345
Runty

Lots of new stuff on the website and the blog. In particular, we've got a new main cast character. Dunno her name, but she's likely the "hot-but-cold-blooded-bitch" type. Sort of this game's Rosie.

There's also another TGS video, but it's just explaining the gameplay basics. Stuff any VC veteran should already know.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 07:27   Link #346
Df-tommy

Spoiler:

Wow,Cordelia is 100% badass now
Df-tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 07:36   Link #347
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Df-tommy View Post
Spoiler:

I freakin' second that. Can't wait to see this new Cordelia. She looks dead set to defend Gallia.
Namihana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 08:48   Link #348
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Official Blog updated with some of the new playable characters.

Raymond Moen. Engineer

Erik Kampfmann. Assault

Colleen Celsius. Lancer

Magali. Engineer

Nicole Martin. Scout

Joachim Aasen. Armoured Trooper

The aristocratic Juliana Eberhard. Class Unknown
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 08:50   Link #349
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Question. Are we getting Engineers and Medics, or have they combined the two and anytime we see either we are to infer that the other is true as well? I don't have enough moonrune reading skills to determine this.
Old 2009-10-15, 08:55   Link #350
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

Raymond Moen. Engineer

Erik Kampfmann. Assault

Colleen Celsius. Lancer

Magali. Engineer

Nicole Martin. Scout

Joachim Aasen. Armoured Trooper

Is that Magali person Darcsen?

And looks like an Ojou joined the ranks.
Old 2009-10-15, 09:07   Link #351
Df-tommy

Given her hair and eye color, and the fact that she has no surname, yes, she is probably a darcsen
Df-tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 10:02   Link #352
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Df-tommy View Post
Spoiler:

.... I'm in love.

Quote:

Riiight. Color that hair light blue, those eyes red, give her a drill like lance and a shield... Class unknown my foot.

Jokes aside, not much eyecandy this time. One or two of the ladies, depending on your tastes, and the guys are... not really all that special.

Speaking of our newest additions, miss princess also has her very own page.

Google translations are bad, but it seems to say she's a rich elite kid with an ego. The usual. Also she's the class rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Question. Are we getting Engineers and Medics, or have they combined the two and anytime we see either we are to infer that the other is true as well? I don't have enough moonrune reading skills to determine this.
Not sure. The class has a different icon, but the characters address our blond haired medic with the same term used for engineers in the Japanese Valkyria Chronicles.

If they have labeled them medics, then they seem to be the engineers replacement, as the last slot was taken up by this new class, which seems to be a close combat class, explaining the claymore we saw in the trailer.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 10:13   Link #353
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

That video would be for the new "Armored Trooper" class. Said trooper is Joachim. Pic of him has already been posted.
Old 2009-10-15, 11:23   Link #354
KariOhki

Lookit the Zettai Ryouiki on that rich pinkhaired chick! Wonder if she's tsundere too...
The Darcsen chick is cute, I want to hug her :3
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 12:32   Link #355
Snowman24

Quote:

Magali. Engineer
Woohoo more Darcsen girls!! <3 <3 <3. This ones cute and she actually has longer hair then the other girls in VC 1. I'm sure Lynns hair was longer then Isara, Nadine or Cordellias but she had it tied up.

but there has to be more!! more i say!!. Though I'm a bit relieved, I was alittle worried when the only Darcsen i saw was that one main character with the glasses.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 13:38   Link #356
cloner4000

by the way where did you find the side characters, the tab under character still shows blank...

Yea...the guy cast was pretty sad so far.. in VC1 at least you had Vyse, and couple other like Oscar Emile, Ted, Alex, Montley, Homer, are cool..at least for me...but this time...err...but I think there has to be more so I'll keep my eyes lit for those...

the girls are pretty good imo...I guess it's gear toward my type...
Old 2009-10-15, 16:33   Link #357
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
by the way where did you find the side characters, the tab under character still shows blank...

Yea...the guy cast was pretty sad so far.. in VC1 at least you had Vyse, and couple other like Oscar Emile, Ted, Alex, Montley, Homer, are cool..at least for me...but this time...err...but I think there has to be more so I'll keep my eyes lit for those...

the girls are pretty good imo...I guess it's gear toward my type...
They're on the VC Japanese blog (which, to my dismay, I can't read).
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 20:25   Link #358
Namihana
Soul Driller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariOhki View Post
Lookit the Zettai Ryouiki on that rich pinkhaired chick! Wonder if she's tsundere too...
The Darcsen chick is cute, I want to hug her :3
Agreed. Looks like a shy type too. :3

In fact, you can absolutely tell each of the new characters personality just by looking at them.

Well, what they'd show on the outside anyway.
Old 2009-10-15, 20:56   Link #359
kalbron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Riiight. Color that hair light blue, those eyes red, give her a drill like lance and a shield... Class unknown my foot.
Unless there's going to be a second Valkyria other than the advertised one... she's a bit too busty to be the advertised one in disguise.
kalbron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-15, 22:38   Link #360
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Cordellia == win

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote