AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-06, 22:34   Link #4421
Used Can

Perhaps, it's possible to fight Midas in its physical form? Isumi said they (Midas and Machina) are being supplied with limitless energy; so, I think Isumi wants to take that limitless supply from them, before fighting again.
Old 2009-11-06, 22:40   Link #4422
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I thought the Skeleton is Midas' physical form.

And the limitless supplies of power is from Athena which most likely is one of Athena's powers that Midas used to make Machina and the Skeleton unbeatable. (Witche Hunter anyone?)
zodanhko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 22:58   Link #4423
Used Can

I know, my point is that Midas' physical form won't manifest itself unless Athena's mind is disturbed. So, if you sever their connection it may be possible to fight Midas in its physical form, and he wouldn't have this endless supply of energy he seems to get from Athena.
Old 2009-11-06, 23:00   Link #4424
Sabrac D'Sabre
Aishiteiru Hina ! ! !

Hell no, that skeleton is just a imagiantiona form from the power he got from Athena, perharps . . .
That's why Isumi said they need to separate them . . .
Sabrac D'Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 23:06   Link #4425
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I know, my point is that Midas' physical form won't manifest itself unless Athena's mind is disturbed. So, if you sever their connection it may be possible to fight Midas in its physical form, and he wouldn't have this endless supply of energy he seems to get from Athena.
So you mean that by separating the connection, Midas' mind goes back to his physical form, the Skeleton, and he can control himself in that form? It's plausible,very logical, although I doubt it.
Old 2009-11-06, 23:37   Link #4426
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
quick question... if they they managed cut the connection between midas and athena wouldn't that hurt her soul(her very soul) or cause her insanity at same time?

just trying to catch up with the topic here

Last edited by Edge Meltdown; 2009-11-06 at 23:38. Reason: *smiles*
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 23:47   Link #4427
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
quick question... if they they managed cut the connection between midas and athena wouldn't that hurt her soul(her very soul) or cause her insanity at same time?

just trying to catch up with the topic here
From the spoilers, it seems that if the connection isn't destroyed beforehand, then removing Midas from Athena could ultimately damage her soul.
Old 2009-11-06, 23:56   Link #4428
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
From the spoilers, it seems that if the connection isn't destroyed beforehand, then removing Midas from Athena could ultimately damage her soul.
so basically, they can save athena right? if so, what are the chances? you can guess if u want...
Old 2009-11-07, 00:28   Link #4429
zodanhko
*ignoring*

I think Athena bounds to be save by Hayate, sooner or later, unless she dies, and I will deem Hayate as the most hated male protagonist ever for his incompetent (unless he suicides).

Rather than thinking about it, I'd prefer wondering about Hayate's decision right now, and what he will do. Which I have no clue regarding what Hata is thinking.
Old 2009-11-07, 00:35   Link #4430
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Rather than thinking about it, I'd prefer wondering about Hayate's decision right now, and what he will do. Which I have no clue regarding what Hata is thinking.
Didn't he reluctantly reject the idea to forcefully seperate Midas King and Athena without breaking the connection? He wants to find a way to both break the connection and not lose the stone since he promised Nagi he wouldn't let her lose her inheritance. He's bound to attempt to break that connection himself, since he blames himself as the cause for Midas King's attachment on Athena.

Edit: Read the RAW spoilers again. This line said by Isumi, 症状もきっとそれに関连して、最近加速度的に悪化したのではないかと, Athena's conditions have been worsening very quickly recently compared to before. Does that mean she already knew Midas King was attached to Athena before this battle?

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-11-07 at 00:49.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 00:48   Link #4431
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
Didn't he reluctantly reject the idea to forcefully seperate Midas King and Athena without breaking the connection? He wants to find a way to both break the connection and not lose the stone since he promised Nagi he wouldn't let her lose her inheritance. He's bound to attempt to break that connection himself, since he blames himself as the cause for Midas King's attachment on Athena.
Yes, he did. But it's difficult to break the connection without destroying the stone.

The only other way to break the connection is to give the stone to Midas but the chance of them succeed in obtaining victory, after doing so, is 0.1% which ultimately may lead to "the End of the World." Btw, I love "the End of the World," no seriously, I really do.

Decision, decision, decision...

Quote:
Athena's conditions have been worsening very quickly recently compared to before. Does that mean she already knew Midas King was attached to Athena?
It sounds like it.
That's weird considering Isumi just mentioned, on the last chapter, that a spirit of that level can not possess Athena.
Great, why do you have to say that Hata?

Last edited by zodanhko; 2009-11-07 at 02:20.
Old 2009-11-07, 02:42   Link #4432
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

call kamijyo touma he'll definitely do something about midas... but then again this isn't TAMNI
Old 2009-11-07, 08:37   Link #4433
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

There's also a 99.9% chance that Hayate would be so stubborn to the point of stupidity, with promises such as the "I will never lose the stone ever again" hardwired to his head.

Let me see Hayate struggle with their decisions.

So what do you guys listen on to when reading a typical manga such as HnG?

I usually just listen to something when on a serious chapter, if it's tragic / emotional, I'll play Friend of the Night by Mogwai (rethinking about it, heck it fits to anything bloody tragic).

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-11-07 at 11:30.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 08:57   Link #4434
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

I think Hayate would't give up the stone because it is said that Nagi is the most important person to him so he might go to the idea of mind and soul thingy.
BTW, where Emperor Rah?
Old 2009-11-07, 11:43   Link #4435
zodanhko
*ignoring*

Hayate pretty much rejected that idea immediately even when Sakuya was just joking about it.
Old 2009-11-07, 11:44   Link #4436
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

I'm not sure where all of this mind, body, soul talk came from but I think I get the gist of it.

Basically, Midas is a leech that has infinite power because he is possessing Athena. Severing this 'connection' seems like it would force him out of her where he can be easily defeated without control of her amazing powers. Naturally this probably won't occur since it is way too easy...unless Hata wants to do a real anti-climax to return the story to its original mood.

I'd say that Hayate keeping the stone is important, he made a promise to Nagi that he would keep it safe. I know to most Western people it doesn't make sense, but breaking that promise would be a serious failure and likely a big loss of honor. He's already failed Athena once, so the question seems to be would he risk betraying/failing Nagi in order to save Athena or stay true to Nagi and risk failing Athena twice. It's a big choice to make and will probably not be made for a couple of chapters at least.

From the spoiler it sounds like they haven't returned to the mansion yet so the others have no idea where they are (and may not even know Isumi or Sakuya are in Greece at all). Sooner or later, they're going to have to go back and questions will be asked. Aside from the big ones by Nagi, Maria, and Ayumu, I'm interested to see if Hinagiku is going to ask Hayate about Athena or just assume like she did before.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 12:05   Link #4437
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Well it's time for Hayate's decision! What'll it be, to save the world and lose your pride and honor by breaking your promise and eventually lose his 1st girlfriend (made up my mind there at some point), or don't have a care in the world as long as you keep your promise?

Oh boy oh boy oh boy.
Old 2009-11-07, 16:06   Link #4438
zodanhko
*ignoring*

If it's just a promise he made to himself, I have no doubt he will break it in order to save Athena, his pride and honor are of no important compare to her well-being.

However, the inheritance he wanted to protect, and he promised to protect belongs to Nagi, not to himself, so he has no right to destroy it nor give it away for the sake of himself (saving Athena).
Old 2009-11-07, 17:42   Link #4439
aldw

Quote:
call kamijyo touma he'll definitely do something about midas... but then again this isn't TAMNI
That's my sentiments too, exactly...

Quote:
If it's just a promise he made to himself, I have no doubt he will break it in order to save Athena, his pride and honor are of no important compare to her well-being.

However, the inheritance he wanted to protect, and he promised to protect belongs to Nagi, not to himself, so he has no right to destroy it nor give it away for the sake of himself (saving Athena).
Considering how Mikado is tied up in all this, it wouldn't surprise me if there's a number of convoluted gyrations of thought to be done for Hayate to pull things off...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 22:08   Link #4440
Himegami Akane

Well, whatever that happens will be because of Hayate's choice, so just let he do it...

Breaking the stone might save Athena.. - Then don't do it.

Give the stone to Midas and the world for sure will end (not couting on 0.01%) - Go ahead, it's the best choice.

Or maybe he choose to hurt Athena's soul in order to save the inheritance(i can't see him doing it) - Then i will make a party on my house to comemorate...

By the way... where's Lord Rah?? (probably seeing some perverted stuffs...damnit)...
Himegami Akane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen