AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-02-02, 22:58   Link #1981
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

~~~~~~~
I'm starting to read the last novel available in B-T, too bad that they didn't traslate the restant ones.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-03, 09:28   Link #1982
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
~~~~~~~
I'm starting to read the last novel available in B-T, too bad that they didn't traslate the restant ones.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for :

I can assure you. The next couple of volumes is starting to get very very good in terms of plot and expression of emition of characters. Can't wait for vol. 19.

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 14:10   Link #1983
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Aww I want more spoilers xD
The problem is that I kinda feel that B-T lost every jap-eng traslator, since I'm helping with the Eng-Span ones, a guy commented that the project is kinda dropped and indeed, I haven't see any advance in the other novels. And JUST when it became interesting
Old 2011-02-03, 17:06   Link #1984
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Aww I want more spoilers xD
The problem is that I kinda feel that B-T lost every jap-eng traslator, since I'm helping with the Eng-Span ones, a guy commented that the project is kinda dropped and indeed, I haven't see any advance in the other novels. And JUST when it became interesting
Yes, vol. 15 onwards big things start to happen. personally i think vol. 18 is one hell of a volume.

Old 2011-02-03, 17:41   Link #1985
azziz

i liked the last one better since it was the first time saito was alone with a girl-tifa ,no less-for so long without louise showing up at the best part to ruin everything and then do all the stupid thing that make me dislike(and despise) her:runnig away,getting herself captured,erase her most important memory...
Beside,if henrietta is the first beauty of her country,tiffa should be the most beautiful of the continent,elf and human alike;and she's also an outsider who doesn't fit anywhere-like saito...
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 18:44   Link #1986
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Nah, I'm completely of the part of Louise. Saito is just enough stupid to create misunderstoods and enough good guy to avoid rejecting the other girls (Siesta, Tabitha, Kirche in the past, Tiffania, Henrietta, etc..) .
Anyways, coming back to topic so I don't kill the topic, at the 18 volume is when Louise finally admit his feelings? As I can't understand happenese all I got is the name of the chapter "Lovers" and the ilustration of Louise taking a bath...
Old 2011-02-03, 18:56   Link #1987
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Nah, I'm completely of the part of Louise. Saito is just enough stupid to create misunderstoods and enough good guy to avoid rejecting the other girls (Siesta, Tabitha, Kirche in the past, Tiffania, Henrietta, etc..) .
Anyways, coming back to topic so I don't kill the topic, at the 18 volume is when Louise finally admit his feelings? As I can't understand happenese all I got is the name of the chapter "Lovers" and the ilustration of Louise taking a bath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
If you haven't read the previous volumes, I advise not to start with 18. You have to know Louise's personality to enjoy the series.

BTW, 18 isn't out yet. You can't read a book that isn't out yet XD. Read vol. 17?

Spoiler for :
Spoiler for :

Old 2011-02-03, 19:00   Link #1988
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Fair enough to me, that means that we got still some way, not too long, but still a way before the ending
Old 2011-02-03, 20:44   Link #1989
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Spoiler for :

I can assure you. The next couple of volumes is starting to get very very good in terms of plot and expression of emition of characters. Can't wait for vol. 19.
Some corrections:

Spoiler for corrections:
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-03, 21:21   Link #1990
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Alright, I'm officially lost again
Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-03, 22:26   Link #1991
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Some corrections:

Spoiler for corrections:
Thanks for the correction. I used the word "Promeir" because I don't know the English translation for it.......

Spoiler for :

Old 2011-02-04, 08:06   Link #1992
iealchemist

Quote:
Thanks for the correction. I used the word "Promeir" because I don't know the English translation for it.......

Spoiler for :
There was a lot of good stuff in that vision.

Spoiler for Past:
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 16:01   Link #1993
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iealchemist View Post
There was a lot of good stuff in that vision.

Spoiler for Past:
If I were Saito, I would see if I can get the laptop up and running continuously, and seize the change when the "door spell" is activated to get access to internet.

1. I would send a distress signal to my parents. Also tell them I am fine.
2. Ping my IP. If Saito (I) was still in the real world, an IP can tell approximately where you are.
3. Get to wikipedia, any kind of technical site. Get as much technological info as possible and store them as htmls. E.g. plans for Tiger's engine/mechanics, that of the A6M. Also get as much science related pages as possible, so it would be possible to recreate some modern civilization through available tools/magic.

Since Corbelt can conjure up huge flames, I would see if it is possible to create a car, no matter how primitive it is. no need to bother with aluminium. Try cast iron with OHV......that should be interesting XD

Old 2011-02-04, 16:55   Link #1994
iealchemist

Quote:
If I were Saito, I would see if I can get the laptop up and running continuously, and seize the change when the "door spell" is activated to get access to internet.

2. Ping my IP. If Saito (I) was still in the real world, an IP can tell approximately where you are.
3. Get to wikipedia, any kind of technical site. Get as much technological info as possible and store them as htmls. E.g. plans for Tiger's engine/mechanics, that of the A6M. Also get as much science related pages as possible, so it would be possible to recreate some modern civilization through available tools/magic.

Since Corbelt can conjure up huge flames, I would see if it is possible to create a car, no matter how primitive it is. no need to bother with aluminium. Try cast iron with OHV......that should be interesting XD
That'd be my plan, since the internet basically is the repository of nearly all human knowledge. Only thing I'd do differently is go for a Motorbike instead of a car. It's smaller, less complex, requires less materials, and is 10 times cooler . Shame Saito doesn't find a Road-bike from his world and modify it to run on windstone...
iealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-04, 19:30   Link #1995
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Well, as we know, being smart isn't the Saito's strong point
Old 2011-02-04, 20:51   Link #1996
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

Well, Saito [B]did[/B get access to the internet a few times - this was right after he found out he would have been shot if he had chosen to go back to Earth. See spoiler for context:

Spoiler for Context:

And after that, Saito asked the pope to open a portal just as big as a finger, since the World's Gate spell takes up a lot of energy. He used that time on the internet to send a email back to his mother saying he's alright, but he won't be going home for a while since he needs to help his friends.

The time before that was when the pope first got the World's Gate spell from the Founder's prayer book and he tried it out - coincidentally right when Colbert used alchemy on Saito's laptop to be recharged by magical lightning and Saito tried it out. Saito found his mother is worried sick about him, sending emails to his address every day and having all those mail coming at once sent him into a BSOD (see Tvtrope ^^; ). Louise found Saito crying over how he missed his home and parents and that was the point that finally convinced her to send Saito home.
Old 2011-02-05, 01:06   Link #1997
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iealchemist View Post
That'd be my plan, since the internet basically is the repository of nearly all human knowledge. Only thing I'd do differently is go for a Motorbike instead of a car. It's smaller, less complex, requires less materials, and is 10 times cooler . Shame Saito doesn't find a Road-bike from his world and modify it to run on windstone...
Hmm, dirt bike motorcross. I quite like this idea. Imagine riding through the battlefield on a bike! Oh wait, what if they have spears waiting at the frontline?

I still prefer a car, since I am a big fan of cars and heavy armoury. We can try using the American way, putting a very big engine on an armoured vehicle. I would try to design the frame using hard wood and primitive forms of steel, since they should be relatively easy to build and materials easy to source even in Louise's world. This car, however, I wont be driving it onto battlefields. I would be using it to travel between places quickly while retaining a certain amount of protection.

Next I would try to the big carrier Corbelt built (forgot name). It is currently running on steam power, and holds little offensive weapon. Fitting the Zero's engine to it? Installing the two machine guns from the Zero on it? Seems plausible to me. Another thing is to reconstruct the bullets for the guns Saito has in possession. The AK, Zero's etc. Guns are useless without bullets. The tiger's ammunition is a problem too, but i suspect there will be more supplies as the story unfold. T34-85 would be ideal for Louise's world, probably even better than the Tiger.

Old 2011-02-05, 23:41   Link #1998
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Next I would try to the big carrier Corbelt built (forgot name). It is currently running on steam power, and holds little offensive weapon. Fitting the Zero's engine to it? Installing the two machine guns from the Zero on it? Seems plausible to me. Another thing is to reconstruct the bullets for the guns Saito has in possession. The AK, Zero's etc. Guns are useless without bullets. The tiger's ammunition is a problem too, but i suspect there will be more supplies as the story unfold. T34-85 would be ideal for Louise's world, probably even better than the Tiger.
As a aside, Colbert somehow managed to take apart the Tiger Tank and put the main cannon onto that airship. We never get to see it in action so far though.
Old 2011-02-06, 02:47   Link #1999
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
As a aside, Colbert somehow managed to take apart the Tiger Tank and put the main cannon onto that airship. We never get to see it in action so far though.
Hmm, probably the situation to use that cannon is difficult to come by. That said, if someone where to attack "the Orient" they sure have no problem with catching up with it, after all it's a big and heavy ship. They have to fully utilize the range of the 88mm Gun, all 4000m (wiki source) of it.

I think it is indeed very lucky that the Tiger ran on Petrol rather than diesel, which means Colbert do not need to synthesize yet another form of fuel. The V12 engine should have some sort of potential if they can come up with a frame strong enough to hold it, along with the armour, gearbox and suspension from the Tiger.

If possible, I would ask Colbert to duplicate another Sakae 21 and put the 2 engines on both wings of "the Orient". This should aid the ship's mobility. While we are on mobility, dismantle the wings and stabilizers/rudder of the Zero and retrofit them on the Orient. However I will make sure I strengthen those parts (steel will do) before putting them on since Zeros are infamous for their frame made out of toilet paper. Ideally, the engines should be in a pull config and the rudder(s) behind the long wing, which should make the most out of available materials. Next, installing hatch doors on the underbelly of the ship to make it a bomber haha. I would seek inspiration from Fugaku (G10N) or the German WW2 Amerika Bomber projects........downward firing machine guns are too demanding, so dropping normal bombs should be enough to bring the term "Hell" up to modern standards XDD

Last edited by MitsubishiZero; 2011-02-07 at 16:02.
Old 2011-02-15, 20:41   Link #2000
Crackabad

hey everyone!
i just finished up watching the 1st two series of this anime, but i want to know how the novel was
I have a website for the full novels
but i was wondering if someone could give me a link to somewhere where i can just read the summaries.
Much thanks in advanced!

Last edited by Crackabad; 2011-02-17 at 17:39.
Crackabad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, light novels, shounen