AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-21, 12:05   Link #401
amrul

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
You got me to pull the book out. Looking at that prologue, just a little over one page long, the first thing I can say is that it is absolutely a girl talking. In Takemiya's writing style, the only people who use 私 to refer to themselves are female. Furthermore, she is talking to a person either physically or virtually present, and she uses あなた (not あんた) to refer to that person, which is a more feminine mode of address, and furthermore, she is talking to somebody she cares about.
I also went back to te first volume (which I haven't touched for more than a year). Just like what apr said, the words are exactly the same, especially the part about the night before the entrance ceremony. That's quite surprising for me too.

The word あんた is used by both kouko and linda, even though kouko doesn't seem to be using it very often. But she did when she argued with banri during her hikkikomori time. Seems like it's still a mystery 'till March.
amrul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 13:41   Link #402
apr
Pedestrian

The girly bit at the beginning of Vol 7 is most likely deliberately meant to initially make the reader think it's Linda (since Kouko hasn't left Banri), and then when you finish the book, you realize that it's Kouko's thoughts, as she's walking away from Banri at the very end.

Takemiya likes her A-ha! moments.

Edit: In all fairness, I should probably admit that the lines aren't exactly the same. While they're incredibly similar (to the point where you'd easily think they're the same), there's one line that differs:
「・・・俺は、いうなれば幽霊みたいなもの」 in vol 7
was actually
「・・・俺は、いうなれば幽霊のようなもの」 in vol 1.
These two lines mean exactly the same thing, but there's a minuscule difference in wording. Whether this is because they changed the vol 1 line in later prints, or if it's just a mistake, or if it's deliberate to separate them... I have no idea.

Last edited by apr; 2014-01-21 at 13:57.
apr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 23:53   Link #403
Apopo

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
The girly bit at the beginning of Vol 7 is most likely deliberately meant to initially make the reader think it's Linda (since Kouko hasn't left Banri), and then when you finish the book, you realize that it's Kouko's thoughts, as she's walking away from Banri at the very end.

Edit: In all fairness, I should probably admit that the lines aren't exactly the same. While they're incredibly similar (to the point where you'd easily think they're the same), there's one line that differs:
「・・・俺は、いうなれば幽霊みたいなもの」 in vol 7
was actually
「・・・俺は、いうなれば幽霊のようなもの」 in vol 1.
These two lines mean exactly the same thing, but there's a minuscule difference in wording. Whether this is because they changed the vol 1 line in later prints, or if it's just a mistake, or if it's deliberate to separate them... I have no idea.
Hi Apr , can you tell me what's happened between linda and banri ? in Light Novel volume 6 and 7, and why kouko break up with banri?? can you tell me? Thanks.

Last edited by Apopo; 2014-01-22 at 00:55.
Apopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 00:07   Link #404
amrul

Quote:

So it was Kouko. I spoiled myself before I got my hand on the seventh book, the moment I read the prologue it does feel that it's kouko's internal monologue. At first I thought it's banri, since almost all of the prologue goes to the past (the time when he was at high school and hospitalized) and it was always from banri's point of view. But volume 6 is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopo View Post
Hi Apr , can you tell me what's happened between linda and banri ? in Light Novel volume 6 and 7, and why kouko break up with banri?? can you tell me? Thanks.
I'll help. not sure if needs spoiler tags but I'll tag them anyway...
Spoiler:

Last edited by amrul; 2014-01-22 at 02:44. Reason: adding reply for Apopo's question
Old 2014-01-22, 02:14   Link #405
l.kostas

Quote:
http://www.jgram.org/pages/viewOne.php?tagE=similar
Quote:
「みたい」 is really a grammar only used in conversation. Do not use it in essays, articles, anything that needs to sound authoritative. You can use 「よう」 instead in the following fashion.
(6) もう売り切れのようだ。- It appears that it is sold-out already.
(7) このピザはお好み焼きのように見える。- This pizza looks like okonomiyaki.
From the same site:
Quote:
(2) 制服を着ている姿をみると、学生みたいです。- Looking at the uniform-wearing figure, (person) looks like a student.
The implied meaning here is the person wearing the uniform is not really a student because he/she only looks like a student.
In our case it might be interpreted as:
The implied meaning here is what appears to be Banri's Ghost is not really Banri's Ghost because he only looks like a Ghost.

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-01-22 at 02:24.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 06:47   Link #406
Apopo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrul View Post
So it was Kouko. I spoiled myself before I got my hand on the seventh book, the moment I read the prologue it does feel that it's kouko's internal monologue. At first I thought it's banri, since almost all of the prologue goes to the past (the time when he was at high school and hospitalized) and it was always from banri's point of view. But volume 6 is different.

I'll help. not sure if needs spoiler tags but I'll tag them anyway...
Spoiler:
Thanks for the answer. but can you tell me? linda still have feelig for banri?
Old 2014-01-22, 07:27   Link #407
amrul

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. but can you tell me? linda still have feelig for banri?
IMO it hard to tell. After the fiasco in the end of volume 4 (where banri tried to confirm linda's feeling), his interactions with linda are more like old buddies like their high school days (aside from senior-junior thing) and not much of a man-woman relationship.

I think our only hint that linda has feelings for banri is only her explanation of saying the opposite when she was asked by the juniors in the athletic club back in their high school days. But I'd say that can also be misunderstood as liking him as a friend (in other words, friendzoned, or unrequited love) .

There's also the thing after she confront her brother's cheating fiancee. Banri tried to console her but somehow he did it half-heartedly, still thinking of an 'escape route'.
Old 2014-01-22, 07:37   Link #408
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
In our case it might be interpreted as:
The implied meaning here is what appears to be Banri's Ghost is not really Banri's Ghost because he only looks like a Ghost.
Eh, the point is that new Banri is speaking the same words as what's clearly "ghost Banri" in the first novel. "Ghost Banri" is obviously not a real ghost, since real ghosts have to be dead first. That new Banri is using the word "ghost" is largely irrelevant.

The problem arises because the wording has changed, which can be an indicator that it's not truly the same lines being spoken. This would imply that new Banri is starting to absorb ghost Banri, to the point where he's thinking the same way about those early days, and thus using similar words to describe the scene.
Old 2014-01-22, 07:51   Link #409
rpapo

Quote:
The problem arises because the wording has changed, which can be an indicator that it's not truly the same lines being spoken. This would imply that new Banri is starting to absorb ghost Banri, to the point where he's thinking the same way about those early days, and thus using similar words to describe the scene.
Which reinforces something I've felt for a long time: that in the end, Banri and Banri's Ghost have to brought back together and reconciled. The Ghost has to admit to himself that his attachment with Linda was rather one-sided, let go of that particular past and move on towards the future. For that matter, Linda has her own demons to conquer, though that is not the focus of this story.

It will be interesting to see just how Takemiya wraps up this particular package in the end.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 10:25   Link #410
l.kostas

Quote:
I searched only about the wording that changed. The lines spoken are 100% the same, the difference in the wording is because in the previous volumes he is thinking and in volume 7 he is talking out loud:
"「みたい」 is really a grammar only used in conversation, oral speech. You can use 「よう」in other cases"
It says the grammar, wording, not the meaning.
Old 2014-01-22, 11:10   Link #411
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.kostas View Post
I searched only about the wording that changed. The lines spoken are 100% the same, the difference in the wording is because in the previous volumes he is thinking and in volume 7 he is talking out loud:
"「みたい」 is really a grammar only used in conversation, oral speech. You can use 「よう」in other cases"
It says the grammar, wording, not the meaning.
They're not the same if the words are different. I'm trying to explain that the theory that the books are a transcribed playback of the video kind of goes out the door when the wording is different. It's no longer a true quote.
Old 2014-01-22, 22:17   Link #412
Apopo

[QUOTE=amrul;4985094]IMO it hard to tell. After the fiasco in the end of volume 4 (where banri tried to confirm linda's feeling), his interactions with linda are more like old buddies like their high school days (aside from senior-junior thing) and not much of a man-woman relationship.

I think our only hint that linda has feelings for banri is only her explanation of saying the opposite when she was asked by the juniors in the athletic club back in their high school days. But I'd say that can also be misunderstood as liking him as a friend (in other words, friendzoned, or unrequited love) .

There's also the thing after she confront her brother's cheating fiancee. Banri tried to console her but somehow he did it half-heartedly, still thinking of an 'escape route'.

O.o poor Banri . and Linda have feeling for Yana san or Kosshi senpai??
Old 2014-01-22, 23:27   Link #413
amrul

Quote:
Quote:
IMO it hard to tell. After the fiasco in the end of volume 4 (where banri tried to confirm linda's feeling), his interactions with linda are more like old buddies like their high school days (aside from senior-junior thing) and not much of a man-woman relationship.

There's also the thing after she confront her brother's cheating fiancee. Banri tried to console her but somehow he did it half-heartedly, still thinking of an 'escape route' (you can read it at volume 3's prologue)
O.o poor Banri . and Linda have feeling for Yana san or Kosshi senpai??
That's also not clear as of now. But yana-san does. The impression of linda dating kosshi-senpai was mentioned by kouko before, but I think it's also cleared up and she's not dating anyone.
Old 2014-01-23, 03:47   Link #414
Apopo

[QUOTE=amrul;4985911]That's also not clear as of now. But yana-san does. The impression of linda dating kosshi-senpai was mentioned by kouko before, but I think it's also cleared up and she's not dating anyone.[

in episode 14 why Yana san dating with Linda?
Old 2014-01-23, 04:06   Link #415
l.kostas

Quote:

The scene from the end of Volume 4:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-23, 04:08   Link #416
amrul

[QUOTE=Apopo;4986146]
Quote:
That's also not clear as of now. But yana-san does. The impression of linda dating kosshi-senpai was mentioned by kouko before, but I think it's also cleared up and she's not dating anyone.[

in episode 14 why Yana san dating with Linda?
They are just hanging out together at that time. So after the thing in episode 11-12, yana went with linda and nana-senpai to the after party, while banri went home to sort out his problems with kouko. So from there yana n linda got close, from an acquaintance to a friend. It's explained more in the extras volume, which I haven't fully read up until now, so I can't provide more details.

As for when yana shows he really likes linda, I think it's made clear in volume 7.
Old 2014-01-23, 06:31   Link #417
apr
Pedestrian

Yana's feelings for Linda are made crystal clear in Gaiden book 3. Along with Chinami's for Yana.

Regarding Linda and Kosshii, it hasn't actually been cleared up yet. It's constantly stated how Kosshii and Linda seem to be really comfortable around each other. The consequence is that someone asks Linda if they're dating, but the 2ch poster who brought it up says the person asking mixed up the *osshii names and rather than asking if Linda is dating Kosshii, she's asked if she's dating Hosshii. Or something. So she might still be dating Kosshii.

I haven't dug through the books to see if this is true.

Edit: Just checked, and in vol 2 Banri asks Linda if she is dating Hosshii. Confirms she might still be with Kosshii.

Edit 2: In addition, there's a part in vol 6 where they're talking to old classmates, and Linda says something like "Banri has a cute girlfriend, and I have ..." and stops herself, implying she's in a relationship too.

Last edited by apr; 2014-01-23 at 07:36.
apr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 08:07   Link #418
chsz77

Does Banri's mother know Linda?
Somehow, when she gave Banri the ring, I think she talked about Linda.
chsz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 08:43   Link #419
Apopo

Quote:
Yana's feelings for Linda are made crystal clear in Gaiden book 3. Along with Chinami's for Yana.

Regarding Linda and Kosshii, it hasn't actually been cleared up yet. It's constantly stated how Kosshii and Linda seem to be really comfortable around each other. The consequence is that someone asks Linda if they're dating, but the 2ch poster who brought it up says the person asking mixed up the *osshii names and rather than asking if Linda is dating Kosshii, she's asked if she's dating Hosshii. Or something. So she might still be dating Kosshii.

I haven't dug through the books to see if this is true.

Edit: Just checked, and in vol 2 Banri asks Linda if she is dating Hosshii. Confirms she might still be with Kosshii.

Edit 2: In addition, there's a part in vol 6 where they're talking to old classmates, and Linda says something like "Banri has a cute girlfriend, and I have ..." and stops herself, implying she's in a relationship too.

Is this True? and why she dating with kosshi senpai she can't straight forward tell to banri she have a boyfriend?? and why she kept this secret from banri???
Old 2014-01-23, 11:08   Link #420
l.kostas

Quote:
As for when yana shows he really likes linda, I think it's made clear in volume 7.
In the 3rd extra, AFRICA, there is a scene where Mitsuo figures out Linda and Banri are from the same hometown:
http://keikennthi.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-157.html
"それから、リンダの行く先と万里の実家を思い出して、新幹線の停車駅などを照らし合わせると、万里とリン ダの実家が同じことを知った。"

The summary of that extra begins with Chinami being upset after seeing Mitsuo and Linda together in the second half of August, the scene from volume 5:
八月後半に見てしまった、柳沢とリンダの二人連れの姿に、千波は動揺していた。

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen