Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 07:26   Link #81
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ ila-chan

I agree. Somehow, we keep watching this series and see if it actually becomes good, or we're going to be treated to a 50 episode copy, paste, and clip show. I don't have very high expectations, though, from the way SE IV ended...T.T

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 21:26   Link #82
krzglue2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
A thought came to mind while I was thinking about the SEED series. If the first SEED was based on First Gundam, and Destiny was based off of Zeta, would another direct sequel series be a reimagining of ZZ? If so, would they still keep the light hearted tone that ZZ did, such as at some point, the Archangel would be attacked by kids throwing oranges, like the Argama was?
May be base on F91, haha, but to whoever that going to write a Seed movie please, don't ruin my favorite F91 or crossbone.

anyway, in srwa3, it is Camile giving the slap lesson to Kira, tell him that a good pilot is not only physically strong but also mentally strong (but who Camile lost in srwa3 anyway?)

About Shin, he lost one girl but soon he hook up with another one...
krzglue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 22:37   Link #83
M L Monster
三尉

Don't remember any Kamille/Kira thing but i remember the Kamille/Kazui event :P

All i remembered most was Amuro/Kira and Shinji/Kira moment.

But seeing Coordinators thinking they can survive the Ballmar and the STMC with just the Genesis is hilarious.

Last edited by M L Monster; 2007-02-10 at 22:47.
M L Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 22:53   Link #84
krzglue2

The ZAFT chairman think they can use the Genesis to destroy all STMC, they just send a million of them and all ZAFT's colonies are in dust in seconds
Old 2007-02-10, 23:22   Link #85
M L Monster
三尉

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzglue2
The ZAFT chairman think they can use the Genesis to destroy all STMC, they just send a million of them and all ZAFT's colonies are in dust in seconds
how those 1 million is just 1% of their entire growing population

I don't liked how they dragged the ZAFT war until almost the last part of the game.

They should have ended it immediatly after the Muge Empire stages
Old 2007-02-11, 11:34   Link #86
krzglue2

I heard the director of SRW (the fat man, haha) did not like Gundam Seed. Bandai want him to put Seed in srwa3 if he want to include all other gundam animes. Finally he put it in there but he does make clear that UC and other gundam anime is better than seed.

1. Seed mode is weaker than UC New type.
2. to fight PS armor, just use UC (or Gundam wing's mecha) and can defeat them easily.
3. If you click to went back to the Game selection page from the stage mode, you will come up with a scene when characters are talking trash. One of it is Heero say something funny about Cagali.
4. Do you realize the appearance of Seed's characters look smaller than other characters?
5. About the ZAFT war, I think is because the director doesn't like seed, so he handle it not very serious, or may be he want to make it like a joke.

The EF may survive from Ballmar 's attack, since there is a problem within their government (the masked prime minster want to rebel against the emperor.) The 7th fleet got trash by London Bell/SDF in alpha is because that masked minster did not sent his clone army to reinforce them. If Ballmar sent full force against earth the EF will no stand against it.
Old 2007-02-11, 12:28   Link #87
4Tran

What the heck does what happens in a Super Robot Wars game have to do with Gundam?
Old 2007-02-11, 14:26   Link #88
krzglue2

i just comparing both sotry, of course it have do with gundam, there is many gundams insides, and stories
Plus if the seed writers should learn from this game, and write something that at least make sense to us
Old 2007-02-11, 15:33   Link #89
4Tran

As far as I can tell, the stories in the Super Robot Wars games have absolutely no bearing on the Gundam shows and the like. Effectively, they're nothing more substantial than fanfics.
Old 2007-02-11, 20:46   Link #90
krzglue2

As far as I can tell, they write a better story then in Seed, and it is not fanfic, fanfic is what something that is just to please the fans and have no plot at all. If you say that then game like g-gen is nothing do with gundam show too.

If you dislike my comment or you think i say something that is bad you can complain me to the moderator of the forum, i don't care if you do that.
Old 2007-02-11, 23:04   Link #91
4Tran

A fanfic is a work of fiction written with no official bearing. Lots of the better written ones have a story, and it's quite possible for one to be better than the original work. However, the fact remains that whatever happens in a fanfic (thematically, plot-wise, etc.) has no effect on the original work. Thus, in a way, Tomino's Gundam novels are fanfics as well.

The Super Robot Wars games qualify as such save that they licensed the characters and mecha from Sunrise. Hence, trying to use the games as the basis for any type of argument is inherently flawed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krzglue2
If you dislike my comment or you think i say something that is bad you can complain me to the moderator of the forum, i don't care if you do that.
Why would that be necessary?
Old 2007-02-12, 00:23   Link #92
M L Monster
三尉

ookay.

we got alittle carried away with alittle srw talk.

now lets just get back on topic alrighty?
Old 2007-02-12, 00:42   Link #93
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

For a third season, I would like them to emphasize on the colonies outside PLANT and start a war Outside PLANT and Earth.

I would put another 2cents if I would go further with a CE movie with a what-if scenario...

I would like to imagine if Kira went on a different path. And becomes so ruthless that he kills Lacus and eventually goes on to lead EA by assassinating/killing the higher-ups.
Old 2007-02-12, 01:57   Link #94
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I like that.

And Kira would need his, um, loli of course. A cryogenically frozen Fllay Allster with the mindset of Katejina Loos would be nice.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 11:06   Link #95
Question
Crossdresser

Im of the opinion it would be better to simply drop the seed franchise and start a new gundam. Destiny was a disaster, if not for the gundam brand name its likely that it would have been rushed to a ending, cancelled or most likely, just never approved for a series in the first place.

The rampant god moding of certain characters in the show, the character designs that made certain male characters look like females, the less than stellar plot, the rampant re-using of footage, etc made seed a worse series than it could have been.

I want a new gundam series where the mecha arent so huge and bulky, where they arent so godlike, where battleships and naval craft actually serve a purpose other than just staging bases for mecha, where the main characters arent teenagers with some plot device to give them absurd power and enabling them to take on an entire army by themselves, and most of all a plot that keeps the viewer constantly guessing and waiting for the next episode.
Old 2007-02-12, 12:08   Link #96
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Judaoh still needs to be fipped off...Gundam Seed Season3 will be aired Iam 99% sure.
Old 2007-02-12, 19:40   Link #97
ila-chan
ermmm...

Yeah right... keep on hoping, kenji-kun....
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 21:54   Link #98
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Destiny was not a disaster. It is to a certain group of fandom, but the original SEED had it's fair share of haters as well, as well as every other Gundam series. Well, almost everyone loves 0079, but that's the omega and alpha of Gundam, one of anime's grandaddies so that's exclusive. If we're going by the majority that actually matters, (( the Japanese that pays Bandai )) Cosmic Era is easily the biggest Gundam commercial success in years. DVDs are selling extremely well, merchandises are still rolling out, etc. And no, 2chan's hate is irrelevant. 2chan =/= Japan.

Cosmic Era will live on, even in the possible future where it failed to become the next UC and survive on in the heart of fujoshis, (( unlike UC where old-schoolers stayed UC fans )) unless they of course, pull a Endless Waltz and officially stamped no Gundams ever in Cosmic Era. A 3rd season is irrelevant at this point.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-02-13 at 08:24.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 05:01   Link #99
teddychan
Dj Pedobear

Send a message via Yahoo to teddychan
i don't think there will be another 3rd season because there's only 2 colonies left on the space how could they fight the EA again?
teddychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-13, 06:13   Link #100
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
If we're going by the majority that actually matters, (( the Japanese that pays Bandai )) Cosmic Era is easily the biggest Gundam commercial success in years. DVDs are selling extremely well, merchandises are still rolling out, etc. And no, 2chan's hate is irrelevant. 2chan =/= Japan.
Quoted for truth, to those who try to make people believe that Destiny is doing worse as they tell it to be... They're just UC fans who do not accept that there's another major cog in Gundam's clockwork.

These people called Judauists are people who think that Amuro founded the Canon and the Covenant... They reject new forms of their fandom.