AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 08:04   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 608 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

No spoilers currently released; move along nothing to see here...

Last edited by james0246; 2012-11-06 at 17:47.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 15:25   Link #2
strategos

Let the arguments begin!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 02:41   Link #3
Aqua Knight

Nice chapter, but why the hell did Naruto have to come in:?
Old 2012-11-07, 03:32   Link #4
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

As I was going through the chapter I had a feeling Kakashi was going to get killed off. Would've been great.
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 05:37   Link #5
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Can't wait to see all this animated that;s fo sho!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 05:59   Link #6
Raph
Genin for ever

I like that Kakashi is now able to use space-time tech.

Can't wait to see that animeted
Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 06:23   Link #7
HasuMasu
*Artist

I had to laugh at Kakashi's 'is this related to Rin'.

Well no, it's actually because...you let Danzou die.

On a more serious note, I did not like Naurto's hand (pun intended) there.

Would've been better if Kakashi somehow did it himself.
Old 2012-11-07, 06:42   Link #8
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I really wonder where Kakashi gets all this chakra from.

Looks like the Kyuubi is giving chakra to all the people around him, not only Naruto.
Well, for the purposes of this fight everyone has infinite chakra and tooth-fairies to got with it >_>

Anyway, the chapter didn't tell anything as usual. Just a vague impression that Obito really hates Kakashi. For most of the time I just ignore talk-no-jutsu but this time it's very annoying. The most composed, mature, level-headed guy needing TNJ is really stupid.

Anyway, this will be my last post in this thread. Its unbecoming to post in every chapter thread just to point out the flaws. So, till the time a good chapter comes along - or this Obito BS ends I will keep my thoughts to myself.
Old 2012-11-07, 07:38   Link #9
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
kakashi has grown his chakra a lot over the years. And this time he said hes taking it very serious so his reserves are coming into effect.

he also has plot protection, so he will have as much as it takes. This chapter made it clear that obito's flashback was all in his head and he didnt explain it to kakashi at all, which i kinda hoped he would have because then it would give kakashi a reason to bring it up more organically.
Old 2012-11-07, 07:49   Link #10
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
kakashi has grown his chakra a lot over the years. And this time he said hes taking it very serious so his reserves are coming into effect.

he also has plot protection, so he will have as much as it takes. This chapter made it clear that obito's flashback was all in his head and he didnt explain it to kakashi at all, which i kinda hoped he would have because then it would give kakashi a reason to bring it up more organically.
Actually Chakra wise, just recently vs Sasuke ( recently as in probably few days back plot wise) he used one Kamui and he was out of chakra.

But now he is using it a lot. I hope there will be an explanation for this.

My own explanation/guess would be that because he is so close to Obito ( original eye owner), it somehow takes much less chakra to use it.

In regards to plot protection this is not one piece . Kishi tends to ( at least tries to) explain most if not all of the discrepancies in his story ( and this is one of them). Also even if we assume the thing about the plot protection, imo the only ones at the moment to have it would be Naruto and Sasuke.
Old 2012-11-07, 07:50   Link #11
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Naruto saved Kakashi's ass and insanity....

Gai is surprisingly can use some awesome ninjutsu ^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 07:52   Link #12
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ As he said when fighting Kisame, it's Taijutsu.
Old 2012-11-07, 08:14   Link #13
Awrya
U mad?

About Kakashi and chakra, this is the final battle where every character uses their haxx techniques.
With this Kakashi - Obito conflict, it'd just be sad to see Kakashi out of chakra from defending himself once against Obito
Expecting to see Kakashi sacrificing himself to protect Naruto.
Old 2012-11-07, 08:30   Link #14
james0246

Impressive fight sequences. Not much else to say about this chapter.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 08:31   Link #15
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
^ As he said when fighting Kisame, it's Taijutsu.
ah! I forgot
although I'll classify it as ninjutsu personally...

one of the possible ending is Kakashi died together with Obito while protecting Naruto from Madara
wondering if Kishimoto has guts to execute it
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 08:34   Link #16
ronin myael
lost ronin

i'm expecting more talk-no-jutsu next chapter.
Old 2012-11-07, 08:41   Link #17
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
About Kakashi and chakra, this is the final battle where every character uses their haxx techniques.
With this Kakashi - Obito conflict, it'd just be sad to see Kakashi out of chakra from defending himself once against Obito
Expecting to see Kakashi sacrificing himself to protect Naruto.
The problem with Kakashi's Chakra usage/increase is that there is no explanation.

I mean i would buy it if he had increased his chakra with some forbiden jutsu or pills, but he has done none of that.

It's fine using "Haxx techniques", but imo there hasn't really been one. kakashi is just using his Kamui over and over with no chakra increase related justsu.

Also every time Kakashi has used his kamui one or two times, he becomes immobilized and bedridden for a few weeks.

I think Kishi will give an explanation for this. It's too early to think this is a plot hole.

Another possible explanation would be that after using it a few times he is getting used to it so he can use it more often. But that would be stretching it and kind of extreme.

there hasn't really been an indication that he is slowly getting used to it. The last time he used it, he only used it once and he was out of it.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:19   Link #18
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

that was one nice chapter with some nice action, and about naruto coming in ,well he is a the hero of the story and after the entire story of making naruto look like a fool the story has reached a point where naruto is the one saving everyone and become a hope in the time of chaos, saving his teachers shows he has surpassed them.

i don't understand why people keep on complaining that there are flaws everytime and say nothing is explained everytime, i mean do they want the entire story written and handed to them in an instant,
like "ok naruto defeats all the bad guys,becomes the hokage, and so so.. happened to sasuke and so so.. happened with kakashi ...THE END", i am sure nobody wants that
Old 2012-11-07, 10:01   Link #19
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
that was one nice chapter with some nice action, and about naruto coming in ,well he is a the hero of the story and after the entire story of making naruto look like a fool the story has reached a point where naruto is the one saving everyone and become a hope in the time of chaos, saving his teachers shows he has surpassed them.

i don't understand why people keep on complaining that there are flaws everytime and say nothing is explained everytime, i mean do they want the entire story written and handed to them in an instant,
like "ok naruto defeats all the bad guys,becomes the hokage, and so so.. happened to sasuke and so so.. happened with kakashi ...THE END", i am sure nobody wants that
Indeed it was a nice chapter . I don't know about others, but i am not really complaining per se but agree with what others have noted as a kinda big discrepancy. Which is how can the same Kakashi that used Kamui one or two times and was down, do it over and over with almost no consequences.

Also i am personally just noting this and have said that this will most likely be explained. This is kinda huge. Kakashi being able to spam Kamui actually makes him much stronger ( if i dare say close to Kage level). Against pain he died on second Kamui ( using too much chakra), When he absorbed that big Amaterasu he was bedridden for like weeks and finally when he used it one time ( just one time) against Sasuke he couldn't move. Now he has been spamming it non stop.

I personally didn't see any/much issue with this until this chapter. It's cool that maybe we get an additional kamui or two ( saying ok he is overexerting himself), but we have had like so many. Back in chapter 559, Kakashi was saying this will be my last Kamui and after 9 chapters ( few more Kamuis) and he is still at it.

So it's normal to really note it . As why people point out flaws ( i like to call it yet to be explained stuff in case of Kishi ) could be because this is a discussion thread for it .
Old 2012-11-07, 10:40   Link #20
anime fan99

about Kakashi going down After each time he use his Sharingan in Series one and each time he use his Mangekyō Sharingan in Shippūden Always bother me

I stopped reading this manga and watch anime after discovering I do not care about Naruto, Sasuke or for the new generation surpass the older generation

But the thing that made me say enough is enough was Tsunade wokeing up and Kakashi not becomeing Hokage
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion