Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-29, 13:19   Link #1
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Air Gear

Well... why not start this thread.

Those of you who are familiar with Tenjou Tenge must be aware that another of his mangas, namely Air Gear, is getting animated by TOEI. The premiere of the first episode is slated for April 4th.

Air Gear manga is a fun, mindless fanservice trip, so those looking for the hardcore stuff like TJTG (I mean the manga, anime kinda sucked), may be disappointed. It is a LOT more light-hearted and fun, but the downside of it is that the plot is really nonexistant and is replaced mostly by shounen posturing and "training-to-get-on-top" kind of storyline.

The Plot:

The basic premise is the life of a guy called Minami Ikki who lives with 4 beautiful sisters: Rika, a stereotypical onee-chan, tomboyish Mikan, loli Shiraume and a girl-next-door Ringo. They abuse him all the time and it gets pretty funny to watch, considering how immature Ikki is compared even to the loli. Anyway, Ikki is your typical shounen hero and one day he decides to take up Air Trek (AT), a kind of extreme rollerblading/fighting combination.

There is not much to it. Just your basic shounen-type of story. However, here are the draws:

1) the artwork is gorgeous (as is always the case with Oh! great)
2) it's very funny
3) fanservice is rampant, but not dumb

So, all in all, a fun little guilty pleasure.

So, TOEI is doing it, and this isn't really encouraging, but we shall see. One good thing about the show is that one of the characters (Simca) is voiced by the ever-evil Tanaka Rie (Lacus, Suigintou, etc.), who really fits the role of the Seductress Extraordinaire! I am looking forward to seeing her in action.

The cast:

Director - Hajime Kamegaki (Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Mahou Kishi Rayearth)
Charadesign: Masayuki Sato (various work on Parakiss, Xenosaga, Otogizoushi, etc.)
Script: Chiaki Konaka (Hellsing, Armitage III, BGC 2040, RahXephon, Mahou Tsukai Tai, etc.)

The website:

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/airgear/ (empty for now)
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/airgear/ (empty for now)

Here are a couple of images from what seems like the first episode.

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 13:51   Link #2
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

I guess this was on my 'maybe' list as I've never read the manga and wasn't a huge fan of Tenjou Tenge. But as long as it's done well and doesn't pretend to be anything other than 'fun, mindless fanservice trip' I'll watch it. At least the first few episodes anyway. Hopefully the fanservice will be fun (like Top wo Nerae 2) and not seedy (Mai Otome).

This is on TV Tokyo right? Wow they've really discovered fanservice sells these last couple of seasons...
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 14:31   Link #3
NeoSam

Thanks for the info MrProphet
I love Tenjou Tenge so I'm definitely checking this out >.<

Anyway here are the covers of the available Air Gear manga:

エア・ギア
Air Gear

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the shounen manga magazine Shounen Magazine.
For now there are 13 volumes released of this manga.
Here are the covers:

Air Gear manga site: http://www.shonenmagazine.com/works/airgear/

Genre: Shounen, Action
Old 2006-03-29, 15:19   Link #4
CaiSter21

hmmm, looks like the character design is a bit different from the manga version

as pointed out by MrProphet, Simca in the anime definitely does not look like the manga version of Simca!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-29, 15:22   Link #5
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

The funny thing is, even though it's shounen with tons of fanservice, there is quite a lot of stuff geared toward girls (pretty bishounen and hints of shounen-ai, even).

Here are a couple more images. The first one is the real Simca. Wow, I am relieved. The other girl must have been someone else (Rika?). This is the correct Swallowtail Simca. 8)

Spoiler:

And this is Ringo, who is actually...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-03-31, 09:00   Link #6
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Here's an insert from the latest manga chapter (122).

http://mrprophet.com/images/airgear/...2_21-anime.jpg

You can see Anime Agito and Ikki, and some of the seiyuus. Agito looks even girlier than in the manga. 8)
Old 2006-03-31, 21:59   Link #7
kujoe
from head to heel

Well for one thing, as far as artwork is concerned, the Air Gear anime seems to be better than the anime of Tenjou Tenge. And since it's from an Oh! Great manga, I'm sort of obliged to at least check this out.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 00:38   Link #8
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

While I won't comment on the story-plot, I have to admit the outrageous humour present in the manga is beyond hilarous. No matter how I look at it, the Ikki/Akito thing is just too funny.

I'm definitely gonna keep tabs on the anime.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 06:34   Link #9
ZODDGUTS

Woot it's looking good. Good thing it's being done by another studio (TOEI) instead of Madhouse don't get me wrong I like Madhouse but lately they haven't been top notch and the action scenes in Tenjo Tenge anime were poorly done.

About Air Gear I'm a big fan of the manga more so than Tenjo Tenge. It feels like Oh Great! planned out the story in Air Gear while in Tenjo Tenge it feels like his making up as he goes along. The characters in Air Gear are much more likeable and you actually end up caring for the main character girl Ringo to end up with the main character Ikki unlike in Tenjo Tenge. The story is simplistic , easy too understand unlike in Tenjo Tenge were it feels a bit confusing at times.

Well anyways looking forward to this anime. I wonder if i'll be longer than one season? More than 26 episodes since the manga is up to volume 12 and the manga is publish weekly by the time they finish with the first season the'll have just enough material for a second season .
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 07:13   Link #10
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Well anyways looking forward to this anime. I wonder if i'll be longer than one season? More than 26 episodes since the manga is up to volume 12 and the manga is publish weekly by the time they finish with the first season the'll have just enough material for a second season .
Actually volume 13 was recently released

I pretty much love both Tenjou Tenge and Air Gear manga, so I'm surely to watch this till the end :P

I'm really surprised this thread is still so small, is it the humangous number of new anime coming this april the reason that caused this >.<
Old 2006-04-01, 08:05   Link #11
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS
Woot it's looking good. Good thing it's being done by another studio (TOEI) instead of Madhouse don't get me wrong I like Madhouse but lately they haven't been top notch and the action scenes in Tenjo Tenge anime were poorly done.
Oh... My... God..!!! This is the best line I've heard the entire month. 8))))

True, TJTG anime sucked quite hard, however, comparing TOEI and Madhouse, and saying that TOEI is better than Madhouse is probably the most bizzare thing EVAH! 8)

Did you take a look at what Toei has been producing?
Old 2006-04-01, 12:47   Link #12
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, seems like somebody finally got us the trailer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-rBNOh5sEmA&search=AirGear

Looks rather non-descriptive. The main lead's seiyuu's voice is annoying, in my opinion, but, then again, Ikki is annoying.

Nothing else to impress me, really.
Old 2006-04-01, 13:15   Link #13
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Oh dear it's been TVTokyo'ed by the looks of things. I did laugh at the wireframe AirTreks (hmm...maybe they've got a deal with a blade manufacturer to promote a new AirGear brand?) By the way the subtitle of this show ia 'Sora Kakeru Tsubasa', how does that translate - Soaring Sky Wings?

TBH from what I've seen of the manga (a couple fo chapters), I'd be very surprised if they have that much fanservice in it.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-02, 23:14   Link #14
Siegel Clyne

Air Gear - Simca

Simca and other Tanaka Rie Characters with Big Boobs

Director Obara Masakazu and Series Writer Yoshino Hiroyuki Single Out the Outstanding Acting Performance of Tanaka Rie as Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome (Mai-Otome)

My-Otome (Mai-Otome) Anime Perfect Guide

ISBN: 425313016X

Page 115

Sutoorii Daijesuto

Dai22wa Horobi no Uta

2006/3/9 OnAir

Comment

Obara
Tanaka Rie-san no kaien ... motto hayaku kore ga wakatte ireba kyaradate suru houhou wa iroiro atta noni......

Yoshino
Ato wa Tomoe-yaku no Tanaka Rie-san no engi. Datsubou desu (wara).
---
Story Digest

Episode 22 The Song of Destruction

2006/03/09 Television Broadcast

Comment

Obara [Masakazu, director]
The extraordinary performance of Tanaka Rie ... if I had realized this earlier, that there were various ways to do the character [of Tomoe Marguerite]......

Yoshino [Hiroyuki, series writer]
And then there is the acting of Tanaka Rie in the role of Tomoe. I take my hat off to her (smiles).

Series Writer Yoshida Hiroyuki Describes Evolution and Expansion of Tomoe Marguerite's Role in My-Otome (Mai-Otome)

My-Otome (Mai-Otome) Anime Perfect Guide

ISBN: 425313016X

Pages 024-025

Tomoe Marguerite Character File

Yoshino Hiroyuki-uji ga Kataru Tomoe

Ichiban yosougai ni sodatte shimatta kyara desu.
Saisho wa, tannaru ijimeyaku toiu dake de,
Gakuenhen ga owattara kieru hazu dattan desuga, nanto sonogo no daikatsuyaku.
Kokomade sutoreeto ni kuroi kyara mo mezurashii node, kaitete totemo tanoshikatta desu (wara).
---
Tomoe Marguerite Character File

Yoshino Hiroyuki Talks Tomoe

Tomoe is a character who has grown up most unexpectedly.
At first only a mere bully, and though expected to leave when the academy story arc ends, Tomoe takes a large active role afterwards.
Because a dark character is rarely straight even here, I was very happy to write about Tomoe (smiles).

A Japanese Fan Observes...

Mai-OtoHiME ~Maisutaa Otome he no Shiren sono 280~

62 : [Nanashisan @ Oharaippai.] 2006/07/17(Getsu) 01:09:12 ID:tyVXhLxv
[>>56]
Yuumei seiyuu dakara hayaku no hazu wa nai tte no wa atehamaranai darou kedo,
Koe atte no kyara toiu monojijitsu dakara, seisakusoku no souzou ijou ni kyaratachi sureba,
Deban ga fueru tte koto wa aru mitai dakedo ne. Tomoe in Tanaka Rie mitai ni.
---
My-Otome ~The 280th Trial to be a Meister Otome~

62 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless @ Full Stomach.] 2006/07/17 (Monday) 01:09:12 ID:tyVXhLxv
[>>56]
It should be a minor role though this might not be the case because of a famous voice actor,
The fact is that the character with the voice, if it exceeds the imagination of the production side,
One's turn certainly increases. Like Tomoe [Marguerite] in Tanaka Rie.

And Another Japanese Fan Sums It Up...

Mai-OtoHiME ~Maisutaa Otome he no Shiren sono 282~

771 : [Nanashisan @ Oharaippai.] : 2006/08/04(Kin) 23:18:09 ID:TnQrnF8A
Tomoe no naka no hito wa Otote wa ichiban engi umakatta na
---
My-Otome ~The 282nd Trial to be a Meister Otome~

771 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless @ Full Stomach.] : 2006/08/04 (Friday) 23:18:09 ID:TnQrnF8A
Tomoe's voice actor [Tanaka Rie] had the best acting performance in My-Otome (Mai-Otome).

*Tomoe no naka no hito = Tomoe's inside person = Tomoe's voice actor = Tanaka Rie

Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu (Tanaka Rie's 100 Poems by 100 Poets)

Tanaka Rie hosts a weekly hour-long radio show on Nippon Broadcasting System, Yuurakuchou Anime Town, and an in-flight radio show on JAL (Japan Airlines), Kids Field.

Tanaka Rie also writes magazine columns for Newtype ("Character Voice Calendar"), Seiyuu Grand Prix ("Pinku ni Ganbaru Onnanoko Panda"), and Seiyuu Animedia ("Tanaka Rie no Cinema ni Koishite!!").

---

DEARS, Co., Ltd., in association with the Interfaculty Initiative in Information Studies/Graduate School of Interdiciplinary Information Studies, the University of Tokyo, presents Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu (Tanaka Rie's 100 Poems by 100 Poets). The CD is slated for release on Friday, June 9, 2006, with a suggested retail price of 1,050 yen (including tax).

(The University of Tokyo, aka Toudai, is the most prestigious university in Japan. In Love Hina, Keitarou and Naru sought entrance into Toudai.)

Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu aims to bring to young people, who have few opportunities to encounter them, some of the classics in Japanese literature - namely, Ogura Hyakunin Isshu, compiled by Fujiwara no Teika (1162–1241). Tanaka Rie recites "100 poems by 100 poets."

Tanaka Rie is a talented voice actor who boasts wide popularity with children and young people, and an acknowledged high level of ability. Making her anime debut in 1999 as Sanada Mitsuki in Dual! (WOWOW), Tanaka Rie's main anime roles include Kujou Hikari / Shiny Luminous in Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart (TV Asahi and affiliates); Lacus Clyne and Meer Campbell in Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED DESTINY and the upcoming Gundam SEED theatrical feature (TBS & MBS); Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome / Mai-Otome (TV Tokyo); Suigintou in Rozen Maiden and Rozen Maiden ~träumend~ (TBS); Chii in Chobits (TBS); and many others.

DEARS would like people to widely use Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu at home, school, etc., to familiarize children and young people with the great classics of Japan...

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Re: New This Week: Releases for the Week of May 23

Quote:
Lately, I have been importing a lot of stuff, anime and non-anime, from Japan.

Although I picked up the Japanese Region 2 DVD release of Gundam SEED Destiny Vol. #13 a few months ago, I plan on getting the North American Region 1 DVDs of Gundam SEED Destiny, including Vol. #2 this week.

Rie Tanaka, the Japanese voice actress who speaks and sings as Lacus Clyne and Meer Campbell in Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny, has a lot of non-anime, as well as anime, credits to her name.

In the upcoming Japanese Region 2 DVD release of the movie, Down in the Valley (2005), on the Japanese audio track, Rie Tanaka dubs the voice of Tobe Sommers, played by Evan Rachel Wood, in Down in the Valley.

I have preordered it from Amazon Japan.

Rie Tanaka also has the honor of being chosen to recite the immensely influential, enduringly popular anthology of classical Japanese court poetry known as Ogura Hyakunin Isshu (100 Poems by 100 Poets), compiled by Fujiwara no Teika (1162-1241).

Her CD, Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu (Rie Tanaka's Hyakunin Isshu), comes out next month, in June 2006.

As someone who has studied Japanese poetry and other forms of Japanese literature, I hope to get my hands on this.

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu CD ***UPDATE #1 (06/16/06)***

Quote:
Sounding quite different from her Meer Campbell in Gundam SEED DESTINY and her Simca in Air Gear, here are a couple of samples of Tanaka Rie reciting poems from Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu:

Tenchi Tennou (Emperor Tenchi) -- http://www.dears.co.jp/mp3/hyakunin/tanakarie_01syu.mp3

Jitou Tennou (Empress Jitou) -- http://www.dears.co.jp/mp3/hyakunin/tanakarie_02syu.mp3

A Japanese fan observes, "Tanaka Rie really sings Hyakunin Isshu in a dignified voice...!!" ("Hontouni Rie Rie ga rintoshite koe de Hyakunin-isshu utatteru...!!")*

*Rie Rie = Tanaka Rie

UPDATE #1 (06/16/06)

Akiba Blog (Akihabara Blog) has several pictures of Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu CDs in stores on its Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu 2006-06-15 entry and on its 2006-06-15 Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu post.

Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu CD Pics: #1 (#1x), #2 (#2x), #3 (#3x), #4 (#4x), #5 (#5x), #6 (#6x), #7 (#7x), #8 (#8x)

Among other things, it is interesting how the CD is being advertised in various shops.

In Pics #2 (#2x) and #6 (#6x), for instance, they promote the Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu CD as being by Lacus Clyne from Gundam SEED, Meer Campbell from Gundam SEED [DESTINY], Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, Futami Eriko from Kimi Kiss, Simca from Air Gear, and other Tanaka Rie characters currently popular in Japan.

Note that in pic 6 (6x), Tanaka Rie no Hyakunin-isshu CDs are stacked alongside with, of all things, erotic materials.

In somewhat unrelated news...

Tanaka Rie's character in Pokemon Advanced (Pocket Monster Advanced Generation), Saori, made her debut on the Thursday, June 15, 2006, 7:00 PM - 7:30 PM broadcast of the show on TV Tokyo. Saori is also scheduled to appear on the June 22, 2006 and June 29, 2006 broadcasts.

Japanese fans point out that Saori in Pokemon Advanced is one more Tanaka Rie character with long, pink hair - along with Lacus Clyne, Meer Campbell, and Simca.

Another tribute to Tanaka Rie and her characters appears to be the Coordinator thing with Saori. Lacus Clyne and Meer Campbell are, of course, Coordinators in the Gundam SEED universe....

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Simca the Stripper (Air Gear)

Quote:
Air Gear Cast

Quote:
ArseneLupinIII said:
Re: Nishi no Yoki Majo Astrea Testament Image and Cast

Quote:
ArseneLupinIII said:
By the way, Tanaka Rie plays another pink haired beauty, Shimuka/Simca in the upcoming Air Gear anime, based on the shounen manga by Oh!great.
The Air Gear cast so far:

Minami Itsuki "Ikki" - Kamakari Kenta
Noyamano Mikan - Hosokawa Seika
Mikura Kazuma "Kazu" - KENN
Shimuka/Simca - Tanaka Rie
[Animeka] Ea Gia Trick:02 [Kettei!]

447 : [Nanashisan @ Oharaippai.] : 2006/03/23(Moku) 14:48:06 ID:kDzCtNCv
Animeshon RE vol.3 ni Kyasuto ga Ichibu Notteta yo
Ikki : Kamakari Kenta
Ringo : Ise Mariya
Agito (Akito Odoroku) : Kikuchi Kokoro
Kazu : KENN
Onigiri : Kikuchi Masami
Buccha : Kamibeppu Hitoshi
Rika, Mikan : Hosokawa Seika
Shiraume : Hanioka Yukiko
Wataridori no Shimuka [Simca] : Tanaka Rie

---

[Animation] Air Gear Trick:02 [Decision!]

447 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless @ Full Stomach.] : 2006/03/23 (Thursday) 14:48:06 ID:kDzCtNCv
Part of the Cast Has Been Announced in Animation RE vol.3
Ikki : Kamakari Kenta
Ringo : Ise Mariya
Agito (Akito Odoroku) : Kikuchi Kokoro
Kazu : KENN
Onigiri : Kikuchi Masami
Buccha : Kamibeppu Hitoshi
Rika, Mikan : Hosokawa Seika
Shiraume : Hanioka Yukiko
Shimuka [Simca] of the Bird of Passage : Tanaka Rie

Shimuka/Simca "has a crush on Ikki and loves being naked around him."

~.Navigation.~ Categories ? ANIME ? 2006 Spring ? Impressions ...

Quote:
Nanya said:
TvT ... Tanaka Rie ... the savior???
March 13th, 200601:54 pm
anime // kamiyan // konitan // nojinoji

>v< SIMCA = Tanaka Rie (Air Gear)... wait a minute...Suigintou = SIMCA .... THANK YOU TOEI, THANK YOU !!! Now I have 100% reason to watch Air Gear and see Suigintou SIMCA oneechan do her STRIP DANCE XDDDDD. My favorite character in Rozen Maiden was Suigintou oneesama... or better still my favorite couple was Suigintou x Shinku vv. When Suigintou was dying in Shinku's arms after protecting her from Barasuishoo's attack, I was like WHEEEEE!!! Here comes my FORMAL GOTHIC DOLL YURI!!!!!!!! Well I liked Tanaka since CHOBITS but Suigintou totally stole my heart vv. Poor evil beauty Suigintou.... lovely evil beauty Suigintou ....Strip Suigintou SIMCA, STRIP XDDD. Ahhhh... one day SIMCA should do a breast fight with Benkei oneesama as well XDD. Who'll be Benkei???? Oohara oneesama kana??? Sexy Youko vs. Sexy Suigintou .... Kyaaaaaa. Now that I remember... Rozen Maiden also has a game vv... want to play, want to play...the forbidden(?) romance between Suiseiseki and Souseiseki, then Suigintou x Shinku vv...Hina Ichigo and Carnalia can be forgotten XDDDD.
Shimuka/Simca is just another "normal" Tanaka Rie character...

"Normal" considering how "unusual" Tomoe Marguerite has been in My-Otome...

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Lacus Goes Ballistic

Quote:
Re: Simca the Stripper (Air Gear)

Quote:
ArseneLupinIII said:
Shimuka [Simca] of the Bird of Passage : Tanaka Rie
The best, most memorable acting performance by far, according to Japanese viewers, in My-Otome/Mai-Otome (2005-) - the large cast includes Ishida Akira, Inoue Kikuko, Iwao Junko, Seki Toshihiko, Noto Mamiko, Kobayashi Sanae, Koshimizu Ami, Yukana, Saiga Mitsuki, Kuribayashi Minami, Nanri Yuuka, Tamura Yukari, Suyama Akio, Shindou Naomi, Chiba Saeko, Shimizu Ai, Shintani Ryouko, Nogawa Sakura, Yuzuki Ryouka, Sakurai Tomo, Nakahara Mai, Takahashi Mikako, Sawashiro Miyuki, Kobayashi Yumiko, et al. - belongs to Tanaka Rie.

Tanaka plays Tomoe Marguerite, Fia Gros, and at least one background character in My-Otome.

Mai-OtoHiME ~Maisutaa Otome he no Shiren sono 241~
<archived 2ch thread>

199 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/03/31(Kin) 02:39:27 ID:NaWASb0X
Shoujiki, Tomoe no ikareppori dake de manpuku datta.
Tanaka Rie GJ!!

---

My-Otome ~The 241st Trial to be a Meister Otome~

199 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/03/31 (Friday) 02:39:27 ID:NaWASb0X
To be honest, I was only satisfied with the raging Tomoe.
Good job, Tanaka Rie!!

And so on...

Japanese Fans on Tanaka Rie and Her Leandra, Lacus, Yomi and Chii Sounding Like They Have Been Done by Different People

† Nishi no Yoki Majo Joou Kouho 3 Hitome †

836 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/05/26(Kin) 04:36:46 ID:hIWZfWyx
Reandora koe kiitete,
Tanaka Rie tte enji wake sugoinda ne
Tane de Rakusu yatteta hito toha betsujin no koe mitai da

838 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/05/26(Kin) 05:50:49 ID:QfWv9p/o
Azumanga Daiou no Yomi mo kiku to ii, marude betsujin da

839 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/05/26(Kin) 11:14:24 ID:et/igcyf
Chii mo kiku to ii yo
---
† Nishi no Yoki Majo Queen Candidacy Public Notice 3 †

836 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind] : 2006/05/26 (Friday) 04:36:46 ID:hIWZfWyx
Hearing the voice of Leandra Cheviat,
One concludes that Tanaka Rie, who plays Leandra, is amazing.
The voice of the person, Tanaka Rie, who did Lacus Clyne in Gundam SEED sounds like the voice of a different person.

838 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind] : 2006/05/26 (Friday) 05:50:49 ID:QfWv9p/o
Tanaka Rie's Yomi [Mizuhara Koyomi] in Azumanga Daioh is good too, sounding like a completely different person.

839 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind] : 2006/05/26 (Friday) 11:14:24 ID:et/igcyf
Tanaka Rie's Chii [in Chobits] is also excellent.

Leandra Cheviat - Nishi no Yoki Majo's Great Evil Villain

† Nishi no Yoki Majo Joou Kouho 4 Hitome †

123 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/06/04(Nichi) 14:33:24 ID:BVdDGOxs
Rotto-san wa itsu uragitte Reandora to takawarai suru ka tanoshimi de shikataganai
Yuushisu to kuttsukeru ni to de Ruun to koiji wo habamou to suru
Kono anime saidai no akuyaku ... da yo ne?
---
† Nishi no Yoki Majo Queen Candidacy Public Notice 4 †

123 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wnd @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/06/04 (Sunday) 14:33:24 ID:BVdDGOxs
When betraying Lot, Leandra cannot help but laugh loudly with pleasure.
She tries to prevent the course of love with Rune [Roux] by joining with Eusis.
Leandra is this anime's greatest villain ... is she not?

† Nishi no Yoki Majo Joou Kouho 4 Hitome

494 : [Kaze no Tani no Nanashisan @ Jikkyou wa Jikkyou Ita de] : 2006/06/17(Do) 16:29:59 ID:tGEgLrGW
Tsumaranaku wa nai yo
Sukunakutomo Firieru ga hikakuteki matomoni mierushi,
Reandora-sama ga monosugoi sonzaikan ga aru
---
† Nishi no Yoki Majo Queen Candidacy Public Notice 4

494 : [Mr./Ms. Nameless of the Valley of the Wind @ The Real Condition with the Live Board] : 2006/06/17 (Saturday) 16:29:59 ID:tGEgLrGW
She is not trivial.
At least Firiel looks relatively honest.
Miss Leandra just happens to have a tremendous sense of presence.

Morganna in .hack//SIGN. Suigintou in Rozen Maiden. Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome (Mai-Otome). Leandra Cheviat / Sister Lain in Nishi no Yoki Majo - Astraea Testament (The Good Witch of the West - Astraea Testament)....

Tanaka Rie excels at playing great evil villains.

Evil Seductress Extraordinaire

Tanaka Rie is very versatile and has great range, able to do high, cute, sweet, beautiful voices (Lacus Clyne in Gundam Seed, Chii {Chi} in Chobits, Kingyo no Ran in Tenshi no Shippo {Angel Tales}) to low, deep, mature, sexy voices (Sei in Bakuretsu Tenshi {Burst Angel}, Akira Kayama in Uchuu no Stellvia {Stellvia}, Leandra Cheviat / Sister Lain in Nishi no Yoki Majo - Astraea Testament {The Good Witch of the West - Astraea Testament}).

Leandra Cheviat / Sister Lain, along with Fila Marik from The Third ~Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo~, have really low, deep voices by Tanaka Rie.

Simca the Slut, Leandra the Slut, Kyouko the Slut...

Hawt, sexy, seductive voices by Tanaka Rie range from high pitched (Simca in Air Gear) to low pitched (Leandra Cheviat in The Good Witch of the West, Yachigusa Kyouko {Kyoko} in Rizelmine, Vivian Wong in Yuugiou {Yu-Gi-Oh} Duel Monsters, Bianchi in Katekyo Hitman REBORN!). No one voices slutty characters, evil seductresses and villainy temptresses better than Tanaka Rie, and with Simca, Leandra Cheviat and Yachigusa Kyouko - Sluts Galore! Inc. - you have three of the sluttiest characters in Japanese animation (anime), excluding the adult stuff (hentai).

Tanaka Rie Has a Knack for Playing Very Popular Characters: Lacus Clyne, Chii, Shiny Luminous (Kujou Hikari)...

Anime On DVD Community Forums: Gundam SEED DESTINY Suit CD Sales Figures

Tanaka Rie is the speaking voice and the singing voice of Lacus Clyne and Meer Campbell in Gundam SEED DESTINY.

Futari ha Purikyua Netabare Sure part5

[241] Namae : [Futari ha Nanashisan] Toukoubi : 2006/08/12(Do) 00:02:03 [ yZXpQ9W6 ]
100oku --> 120oku
Maa seikou de attaro to omoimasu
Ato Ruminasu kouka
---
Futari wa Pretty Cure Spoiler Thread part 5

[241] Name : [Futari wa Nanashisan] Contribution Date : 2006/08/12 (Saturday) 00:02:03 [ yZXpQ9W6 ]
10 Billion [Yen] --> 12 Billion [Yen]
Well, I think it [Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart] was a success
After the Luminous effect.

Tanaka Rie is the speaking and singing voice of Kujou Hikari, also known as Shiny Luminous, in Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart (2005-2006). Hikari / Luminous does not appear in Futari wa Pretty Cure (2004-2005).

After the introduction of Kujou Hikari / Shiny Luminous at the beginning of Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart, Bandai Namco character sales jumped from 10.1 billion yen in fiscal year 2004-2005 for Futari wa Pretty Cure to 12.3 billion yen in fiscal year 2005-2006 for Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart - an increase of 21.7 percent, or 2.2 billion yen.

According to yZXpQ9W6 in the livedoor post linked to and quoted above, the great increase of 2.2 billion yen in character sales for the Futari wa Pretty Cure franchise is due to the "Luminous effect" - that is, Shiny Luminous aka Kujou Hikari aka Tanaka Rie.

Kujou Hikari / Shiny Luminous has been said by many in Japan to have been a sales promotion character for Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart. And, as character sales figures from NAMCO BANDAI Holdings Inc. show, she has been a highly successful one at that.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2006-09-08 at 18:10. Reason: Quoted comments by director Masakazu Obara and series writer Hiroyuki Yoshino on the "extraordinary performance" and the great voice acting of Rie Tanaka in My-Otome (Mai-Otome).
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 13:37   Link #15
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, episode 1 has aired, impressions later. For now, this wacky image. 8)

This is their idea of defanservicication. 8)

Did I hear someone say: "Special Edition on DVD"? 8)

EDIT: Oh, and some more shots:
Spoiler:

Last edited by MrProphet; 2006-04-04 at 13:48.
Old 2006-04-04, 16:09   Link #16
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Raw out by me.
Old 2006-04-04, 18:09   Link #17
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Well, episode 1 has aired, impressions later. For now, this wacky image. 8)

This is their idea of defanservicication. 8)

Did I hear someone say: "Special Edition on DVD"? 8)

EDIT: Oh, and some more shots:
Spoiler:
Birds, that's a new one. Probably better than the cardboard donkey in Gunxsword and the fog and broken image placeholder in Girl's Bravo

I give OG this, he knows how to draw a rear end properly
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 18:30   Link #18
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, that was unexpected. For one thing, they've totally recombined and messed up the storyline. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing, but I certainly never saw it coming.

The first episode was all over the place:

Spoiler:

As you can see, the anime doesn't follow the manga to the letter. Even much less so than Tenjou Tenge, which had it's own share of rearrangements. But it actually feels fresh and interesting this way and we get straight into action, instead of just messing around with introductions.

What they did right?

Spoiler:

What's not so good?

Spoiler:

Is it worth watching? For the fans of the manga, a resolute yes. For all others? Well, maybe not, but see if you are interested and decide on your own. It's definitely not a 5-star show, but it's hilarious and it looks like a nice distraction from the "heavy" shows this season.

I used to absolutely hate Air Gear because of how non-sensical and plotless it was, but turned to appreciate that very nature of the manga. It's just a thing to relax with, something just to enjoy briefly for the humor and the T&A and then forget it.

Old 2006-04-04, 18:31   Link #19
v1cious

wow, they changed this completely... and i'm not even sure if it was for the better.

i don't know who's directing this, but so far they really suck. they completely got rid of all the style that makes the manga so fun. the skating scenes looked extremely bland and were just completely lacking. i have no idea where the plot's going at this point.

all in all a very subpar episode. i hope this gets better cause it would really suck for this whole series to be a letdown.
v1cious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-04, 18:36   Link #20
TehSuck!

Well I just got done watching the raw and as an avid fan of the manga, I can't help but say that the show stinks. They completely changed the order of events in order to introduce a good portion of the characters in one episode. The show didn't really flow at all to be honest. I ain't a fan of the soundtrack either. I know it's just the first episode and that I should wait a few more episodes before I drop the hammer on it, but jeez.
TehSuck! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi