AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-25, 10:04   Link #1
marvelB

Chapter 472 discussion (spoilers)

HOLY F***IN' CRAP!!! The spoiler for the next chapter is out, and it's... well, I'll just give the summary:

-The chapter is mostly about the crew vs. Oz. At first, it's just a whole bunch of gags (as usual with many OP fights), but eventually, the entire crew combines all of their power to take down the giant.

-Meanwhile, Perona and her zombies are about to get to the Thousand Sunny to escape when someone blocks her way. The person asks for Moria. Who is this person you ask...?

Spoiler:

Hoooly crap. Who would've thought that another Shichibukai would arrive right after Oz is beaten? Though, I don't think that Kuma's there to fight. I think he may be the one who comfirms to the WG that Moria was beaten by Luffy (of course, it COULD be another Aokiji-type situation where Luffy fights a super-strong opponent after he already had a boss battle, but I doubt it). Either way, I can't wait to see what becomes of THIS development....
Old 2007-09-25, 11:10   Link #2
Fyria

Holy shit... just omg.

Strawhats have already hands full with Oz and Moria...and now Barthamelow enters Thriller Bark.

275 Million beli 'former' bounty, and looks pretty damn strong too. If he decides to help Moria or simply feels Strawhats as thread... Oh god things are getting REALLY intresting now! .

Damn it can be possible that they defeat TWO Shichibukai knights at same arc? Just omg.
Old 2007-09-25, 11:11   Link #3
Master Mold
Banned

Good to see Bible Bear!
Old 2007-09-25, 13:06   Link #4
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Then, that coincidence will help us determine the real character of Bartho.

And, for people wondering two Shichibukai vs. Strawhats, it is not very likely at this point. Regarding the government, Shichibukai usually do what they desire. They are asked to help, but they choose their opponents. Mihawk is very friendly with Shanks and possibly others. Even if the government would have asked him to catch Strawhats, I doubt he would have obeyed that order. Moria does pirate hunting for money. He wouldn't dare touch the very strong ones. Crocodile did it to have the opportunity to gain very powerful weapon. He didn't care about the government much. Doflamingo again play it for himself, he has other plans, that very less likely coincide with what the government wants. And, the new candidate, Blackbeard, cares about doing it for his own sake maybe more than the others (maybe protection against Whitebeard and Shanks).

Anyway, it seems this chapter will not reveal much regarding him. We will learn more about him in the next chapter. Though, I wonder why he dropped by. It definitely shouldn't be about the Strawhats, as the time the Strawhats were remaining there was pretty short to make that happen.

Edit:

Actually, now that I think about it, it might be possible for Bartho's appearance to be connected to Blackbeard and his fight with Ace.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-09-25 at 14:26.
Old 2007-09-25, 16:47   Link #5
ellifeedn
Thinker

Fyria, Kuma's former bounty was 296 million, just a little under Luffy's bounty. As for his appearence, this has got to be one of the most unexpected things to ever occur in this series (though there are other such examples I'm sure).

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you marvelB, but the crew defeated Oz?! The way you said it made me think that they did.
Old 2007-09-25, 19:00   Link #6
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Bwhahwhhwhahwhahhwahhwhawhhahwhahhh!!!!! Kuma!!! Bwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahwha!! Barthalomew! Bwhahwhhawhhwhhhhwhahwhhaha Shichibukai!!
Old 2007-09-26, 00:48   Link #7
Master Mold
Banned

It is the age of the ôka Shichibukai!

Bible Bear!
Old 2007-09-26, 03:25   Link #8
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
HOLY F***IN' CRAP!!!
Spoiler:

Damn One Piece never stops amazing me..I was just so sure that after kicking Oz it will be a random battle with Moria and chapters over
Old 2007-09-26, 14:36   Link #9
Slayerx

Now THAT'S a hell of a shocker right there, there's no one who could say they thought they saw that one coming.

What's interesting is that he's there for Moria and not the strawhats... this can either be good news or bad news for Moria... Kuma might be there to meet/help Moria, or he might be there to do some of the dirty work of the world gov't; like perhaps the gov't is pissed off with Moria for one reason or another and asked Kuma to take care of it (or Kuma volunteered... we don't what kind of character he is)

I got high hopes for Kuma... being that he has a lower formal bounty than Moria and Doflamingo, and Luffy's current bounty, i have high hopes that the lower formal bounty is just a ruse to throw poeple off and that Kuma is far stronger than his bounty implies. It would be a great way for Oda to take advantage of the concept that the shichbukai's bounties stop rising and as such there is no way of really knowing what their true bounty would be... while Croc would have been about 80 million higher (as stated in the SBS), Kuma might be more like 200-300 million higher
Old 2007-09-26, 22:01   Link #10
ellifeedn
Thinker

I wonder if because of his "holy" appearance Kuma will "purify" the zombies of their "damned" and "unnatural" existence.
Old 2007-09-26, 23:25   Link #11
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I got high hopes for Kuma... being that he has a lower formal bounty than Moria and Doflamingo, and Luffy's current bounty, i have high hopes that the lower formal bounty is just a ruse to throw poeple off and that Kuma is far stronger than his bounty implies. It would be a great way for Oda to take advantage of the concept that the shichbukai's bounties stop rising and as such there is no way of really knowing what their true bounty would be... while Croc would have been about 80 million higher (as stated in the SBS), Kuma might be more like 200-300 million higher
I agree with you here!

Kuma is going to show why he is a beast.
Old 2007-09-27, 05:27   Link #12
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Maybe he'll be able to 'purify' Oz in a way which we couldn't fathom. He can't let Oz run lose because he's a highly distructive force and his 'powers' (unknown to us, but we can speculate it's holy) is perfect against zombies.

Think of using phoenix down in Final Fantasy against a boss, he will do something similar without actually contesting it in strength.
Old 2007-09-27, 10:47   Link #13
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Wow this was unexpected, this is shaping up to be my favorite arc... After alabasta of course.
Old 2007-09-28, 17:07   Link #14
marvelB

Wow... this chapter was beyond awesome. I loved seeing the crew team up on Oz like that (I think my favorite part, aside from the "docking" scene, was Franky building stairs so him and Chopper could do a combo punch attack on Oz's face). Zoro using Franky's pillarchucks was pretty cool, too. But still, Oz hasn't been purified yet....

Oh, and Perona says that she joined Moria for the fun of it, which is why she has no qualms about escaping from the ship. Heh, I bet that Moria will find out about it and she'll get punished later on... or something. I dunno.

And as for Kuma, I still don't really think that he's there to fight. Of course, it IS possible that he might demonstrate whatever power he has at some point in this storyline (I mean heck, we saw Doflamingo use his power to mess with some Marines when he first appears)....

Edit: ...Whoa. I didn't notice it before, but in the ministory the name of the city on the moon is Bilka, which is the same name of the sky Island that Eneru was born (and later destroyed). Interesting...

Last edited by marvelB; 2007-09-28 at 17:35.
Old 2007-09-28, 19:41   Link #15
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Robin got so embarrassed ;p
Old 2007-09-28, 21:27   Link #16
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

This chapter was really amusing.

Especially, Franky was great in this chapter. First he tried to form voltran with him in the center, but it failed because of Robin's quite understandable refusal. Then he built a very long stairs in the middle of the fight to reach Oz's head.

And, the plan that worked...First, a nice attack from Sanji to turn Oz's attention to him. Then, Usopp throwing his bombs to make Oz's hand slip and making him lose his balance. After, Zoro using his swordsman skills with a combined kick from Sanji to throw his other hand to his behind, and making Robin hold his hand in a locked position. Franky and Chopper taking advantage of the situation to make Oz feel their attack power in his face with combined hits. And, finally Sanji doing the finishing move with a nice kick to his leg. The result, a 10-point fall from Oz to show his face in a reverse position, a patched dog face.
Old 2007-09-28, 22:31   Link #17
marvelB

Heh, yeah, the teamwork was great. But I just love how nearly everyone was upset at Robin for not joining the "docking" formation (even Oz!). I wonder if Brooke would have participated in it if he were willing to fight with the crew....

Oh, and Kuma, Shichibukais, World Powers, etc., etc.
Old 2007-09-29, 02:42   Link #18
Fyria

OMG ! What an AWESOME CHAPTER!

Damn I am still laughing when I type this when I thought about that 'docking' hahaha 10/10... I can't to wait see that animated too

Also that Team fight vs Oz! OMG That was soo damn awesome ! I really enjoyed every page of this chapter. At first I hated whole Thriller Bark but damn it's turning my favorite arc too!

Damn and now Barthomelow Kuma enters the arena but what is his intentions! Kudos to Oda for this. Awesome stuff!
Old 2007-09-29, 14:43   Link #19
Monkey D. Luffy

Like Sazelyt said this might have to do something with the Ace and Blackbeard fight that's what first came to mind. I have not clue why Kuma would appear out of nowhere but this is great I however don't have a feeling Kuma will fight maybe just show what he can do but I don't see an Aokiji situation happening. Can't wait to see what happens.
Old 2007-09-29, 16:12   Link #20
ellifeedn
Thinker

What is this "docking" you're talking about?
Closed Thread