Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 10:30   Link #281
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Just watched the first episode, and my first though during the very first couple minutes was WTF?

Spoiler for Episode 1 Prolog:

Hmmm... have to see where they go with that.
Spoiler for answer:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:22   Link #282
SemperMalum

I... love this anime.

I watched the first episode, realized there was a manga, and sat down from 6:00 in the morning to about 11:00 reading every chapter available.

And now, I can say this is one of my favorite animes/mangas of all time.

If only for two reasons...

One. All the women are hot (Except for Ku, but that's given). There's always been animes, in harem animes, where each and every single girl is great save for one... This bypasses it. Each one is awesome. [spoiler removed by a moderator]. I thought I'd hate Glasses (Haven't taken time to learn names yet besides my favorites) but even she turned out hot as hell.

Now that I've ruined my credibility, here's my second reason.

The main character isn't fucktarded.

Like, having watched Kanokon and to love ru has made me jaded, but he isn't like "OMG GO AWAY". He... my god, he's just not a complete idiot. I could rant forever about this...

I can't wait to see how the anime developes. I <3 Kaze.

Last edited by Skyfall; 2008-07-04 at 14:53.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 14:11   Link #283
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

@SemperMalum

I made this mistake myself once but you can't post manga spoilers in the fansubbed topic.

I'm definitely going to have to read the Volumes again.

I have to wonder what will happen later though, because if I remember right only one can win, so Minato's harem might be under threat of being taken by MBI.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:48   Link #284
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Spoiler for possible flamebait:
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:55   Link #285
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Haha...well this series probably isn't for you then so you are better off dropping it if the first ep ticked you off so much

As for the rest of us, we will enjoy the plot when it gets there :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2008-07-04, 16:11   Link #286
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
@Edgewanker: You're better off not watching episode 2 then, as you might actually implode

Me, Im looking forward to episodes 2 and beyond. I want my Ku-chan and Tsukiumi (my imouto and wife).

Hope that 7arcs keep the budget high for the action scenes. But what I'm REALLY curious is if they will keep the comedy moments, like the "Did you catch a cold" during Homura's battle
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:11   Link #287
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Hope that 7arcs keep the budget high for the action scenes.
That's more than unlikely. The opening episode for many series usually have better animation than the rest of the following episodes. Considering the genre, I don't think the animation will get any better than this.. and I'm also sure most of the remaining episodes won't match the level of animation (animation quality score for episode one = 6/10) displayed in episode 1. I suppose the lack of it will be compensated by fanservice which is perfectly fine with me for I'm in it for fanservice. Any other honest person in the thread?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:18   Link #288
pagan poor
Swayin' to the beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewalker View Post
Spoiler for possible flamebait:
Spoiler for For those watching:
pagan poor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:21   Link #289
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
That's more than unlikely. The opening episode for many series usually have better animation than the rest of the following episodes. Considering the genre, I don't think the animation will get any better than this.. and I'm also sure most of the remaining episodes won't match the level of animation (animation quality score for episode one = 6/10) displayed in episode 1. I suppose the lack of it will be compensated by fanservice which is perfectly fine with me for I'm in it for fanservice. Any other honest person in the thread?
*Raises hand*
If you just take a look at StrikerS...oh the animation nightmares from that series
This is fine though for those who only stare at the character's middle area ~ at least that is "quality budget" being spent

Old 2008-07-04, 18:14   Link #290
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
By the way, for people who've been wondering about the length of the show, it seems that Moonphase is now listing it as 12 episodes, and at the Aniplex AX panel it seems they made a comment about making the anime 13 episodes... so whether it's 12 or 13, it looks like the anime will be in that range. Of course, it doesn't necessarily preclude possible sequels, as always. That's what you'd normally expect for shows that start in the Summer (they're almost all 1-cur shows), but just an update.
Damn I was hoping for two cours

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
The anime has also made me like Musubi more. I guess it's because of how her voice portrays her character on screen, which obviously is something the manga version will never be able to do. In the anime, her voice gives out this "natural", non-manufactured vibe, and now that I think about it, this voice does suit her well. Her actress was well-chosen in my opinion.
Yeah I really like Hayami Saori and she's doing a pretty good job with Musubi making me like her more.

Quote:
So far, so good. But still no Tsukiumi in the next episode.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 18:32   Link #291
molitar

Well I started reading the manga after I first saw the preview trailer and was expecting to see all the fanservice guess the ones saying too much fanservice definitely hasn't read the manga. It does seem to be censored for tv tho because the boobies are barbie doll type with no nipples when she is naked but when clothed you definitely can see them much like many other anime's tend to do. Guess we can be glad they haven't censored it too much and will be really great when it's dvd version is released. Now bring on the boobies!
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 18:34   Link #292
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post

Hope that 7arcs keep the budget high for the action scenes. But what I'm REALLY curious is if they will keep the comedy moments, like the "Did you catch a cold" during Homura's battle
I will die if they keep that line since its one of my favs

I actually dont mind the fanservice, actually it seemed they toned it down a bit from the manga (and I dont mean the editing either). But then again we havent seen a big battle yet, thatll be an indicator.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 21:34   Link #293
Garet Jax

Does anyone know if there's anything different about the Yesy release from normal H264 files? I can't even click on it without it pegging my CPU and locking up my Windows explorer, doing nothing apparent beyond giving a message about "ActiveMovie" not responding.
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 22:26   Link #294
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I'm in for Tsukiumi! How that for honest opinion
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 23:50   Link #295
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
Whoa this show is less fanservicy than I thought it would. Just my kind of anime.

Spoiler:
nadare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 01:38   Link #296
BookOfMages
PALM SIZED TIGER!?

Musubi is both cute and lulzy, one of the firsts time I've taken to liking a character who has such hueg boobs, but she is adorable.

Minato's okay, I don't hate him, but at the same time, doesn't sparkle my excitement.
BookOfMages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 05:36   Link #297
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Somehow, Musubi on this one is a little matured than her manga counterpart. Lol! at the oversize breasts
Spoiler for Ep. 2:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 07:16   Link #298
TrueKnight

Worthless male lead surrounded by multiple chicks with different 'attributes'. As an avid reader of the manga, it pleases me because seems this show is quickly reaching for its own sub-forum. I could've sworn that I saw around 3000 downloads a while back at animesuki.

Clutzy moeblob, Tsundere, Loli, Megane, Cross-gender and I mean it literally, that this show had them all.

As for the show itself, the fight scenes between Musubi and the thunder girls are beautifully animated. Props to 7 Arc.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 07:56   Link #299
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Worthless male lead surrounded by multiple chicks with different 'attributes'. As an avid reader of the manga, it pleases me because seems this show is quickly reaching for its own sub-forum. I could've sworn that I saw around 3000 downloads a while back at animesuki.

Clutzy moeblob, Tsundere, Loli, Megane, Cross-gender and I mean it literally, that this show had them all.

As for the show itself, the fight scenes between Musubi and the thunder girls are beautifully animated. Props to 7 Arc.
you left out the sexy older woman

i also hope this series gets its own subforum haha
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 07:57   Link #300
Westlo
Lets be reality

If this gets a sub forum the Tsukiumi character discussion thread will have more posts than the rest combined.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, seinen