AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-30, 08:00   Link #1
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Noel no Kimochi

Noel no Kimochi

Author: Yamahana Noriyuki

Synopsis: Noel Tsukioka wants to be a simple, normal high school girl who has friends and falls in love with the man of her dreams. However, Noel leads a very abnormal life. At age 15, she’s the All Japan Junior Champion at figure skating. Her mom is also her coach, and is very strict on Noel about focusing solely on her figure skating, and not to concern herself with trivial matters like friends and love. She’s also one of the most popular girls at school. Noel also bypassed going to a regular school, in favor of going to the prestigious Yotsuba Academy, where her older brother Naoto teaches at. Secretly, Noel has feelings for her older brother.

But, as Noel will learn.. Sometimes life can be complicated, and Noel will face challenges in the form of rivals both on the skating rink, and for her brother. Not to mention, her feelings for her brother are of the forbidden kind..

Genre: Drama, Romance, Seinen, Slice Of Life

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=28772

---------------------------------------

From the same author as Yume de Aetara, this looks to be another promising work. Its still ongoing in Japan, but EMS has some catching up to do, so yeah.

So far, it looks to be a lot similar with comedy thrown in at the right places, good story and amazing drawing. I don't know how I feel about the whole brother/sister thing. I don't get what the big deal is and why its so popular in Japan but it provides interesting drama none the less. I can't wait for the next chapter, it looks good.

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2009-08-30 at 08:22. Reason: Added to post.
Old 2009-12-08, 20:45   Link #2
velvet nightmare

you still keeping up with this? i read all the chapters, it's surprisingly fresh with the whole brother/sister thing
Old 2009-12-08, 21:26   Link #3
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
you still keeping up with this? i read all the chapters, it's surprisingly fresh with the whole brother/sister thing
Yeah I am. I really like it so far. The latest chapter was really great too.

I vote for the teacher route, but we all know how this is going to end anyway, lol.
Old 2009-12-08, 21:33   Link #4
velvet nightmare

yeah i think the reason it's unique is because we know right from the start they're not blood related, so it takes away from all the 'forbidden fruit' stuff from our perspective

though i'm really surprised the mom's cool with knowing she loves the brother and not doing squat about it. i can see why though, gold medal is probably what wants her to keep the status quo. i would not have seen that coming, though it really shouldn't have been an extra chapter, it's so key to the plot lol
Old 2009-12-15, 02:53   Link #5
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

While I like some of the characters (love the Mom), the whole brother/sister thing is realllllllly annoying especially since Yamahana did it once already with Akane. Akane also had a far better setup and dynamic on the whole. It's also hard to like the brother (can't remember his name all of a sudden) because he's just as pervy as the rest of the guys and there's all that stuff with his past as well.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:31   Link #6
mammothb

somehow i am ok with the sister thinking of liking her bro. but the bro keep thinking i like her but i cant cuz she's my sister is just annoying me. :@
Old 2009-12-17, 20:12   Link #7
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
somehow i am ok with the sister thinking of liking her bro. but the bro keep thinking i like her but i cant cuz she's my sister is just annoying me. :@
Totally. It would be a lot better if the brother paid no special attention to Noel at this point in the story. Let's hope the teacher attracts all of his attention away from Noel now.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:11   Link #8
velvet nightmare

but the author puts the age of the brother perfectly where it causes tensions and brings up moral issues. if he was younger, it'd be your classic falling in love with a step brother/sister deal that can happen. if he was older it'd just be weird old guys hunting young girls.
Old 2009-12-20, 22:30   Link #9
ZeKeR
Superbad

true.... and big stick is.... theyre not blood related....
Old 2009-12-21, 21:58   Link #10
mammothb

but it's only the guy that knows rit? if im not wrong:/
Old 2009-12-21, 22:57   Link #11
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
but it's only the guy that knows rit? if im not wrong:/
Yes. Noel does not know they lack common blood. It should be interesting when she finds out though...

Tags
romance, slice of life, drama, manga, seinen