AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 29
10: Amazing... 14 25.00%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 22 39.29%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 10 17.86%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 10.71%
6 out of 10: Average... 1 1.79%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 3 5.36%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-29, 15:15   Link #61
lightbringer
M9000

After the shock horror of a 12-year-old (corrected: 14. But he looked like ten so it balances out. And 14 is a bad age, too) piloting a Gundam in the first arc, I was happy to see that Asemu was at least in his late teens, but now we are back to a 13-year-old. It's not like I was expecting much from Gundam AGE at this point (or any point past episode 5) but I'm still a bit disappointed. At least the pilot this time had training... even if it was only using computer games (ok, it was a custom Gundam simulator so it'll pass).

Flit may be a nice grandpa, but I doubt there can be peace between Vagans and Earthlings as long as he is around. At least the resolution to that dilemma is something to look forward to.

Last edited by lightbringer; 2012-04-29 at 19:03.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 15:21   Link #62
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Flit wasn't 12 when he first piloted the AGE-1, he was 14
Old 2012-04-29, 15:27   Link #63
Makaijin

Am I the only one thats excited that combat for this generation will mainly take place in atmosphere rather than in zero gravity? First generation had a lot of battles inside space colonies, second generation mainly in free space, this generation the battles are going to be on earth.

And talking about the moe Vagan, why do I get a feeling that there's going to be some romance between her and Kio? Something along the lines between Flit and Yurin? The pairing of the two, for all I can speculate, could very well play some role in ending of this war.
Makaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 15:37   Link #64
atilim
Knightmare

Flit can do nothing and their still wouldn't be peace between Earth and Vagan....

Just look at the early eps where Vagan infiltrate a space colony, they just random shoot at buildings and civilians. After 50 or 60 years they still use civilians as target practice.

The only way Flit has prevented ''peace'' is by developing mobile suits that are capable of holding their own against Vagan mobile suits. Their has been zero indication of Flit preventing any sort of peace but their have been ton of evidence showing Vagan clearly not wanting peace.

At least Flit as a character isn't as naive as some of the Coordinators in Seed. After repeated attempt at annihilation during the first war they thought their was a chance for peace with the Alliance. Then a second war starts and the Alliance decides to wipe the PLANTS out again and eventually they did manage to kill allot more then their first attempt thanks to the Requiem. Destroying earth wasn't a good thing by Zara, but their would have been far less deaths if the first war continued and Alliance leaders died in the process (which they eventually did in Destiny).
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:04   Link #65
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

YEAAAAAH! I like this generation a lot better than Asem's. I'm starting to think x-rounder has recessive genetics in the equation:

x = recessive x-rounder allele, F = dominant failure allele

Flit's dad (x?) * Flit's mom (x?) = Flit (xx)
Flit (xx) * Emily (FF) = Asem (xF) Failure dominance
Asem (xF) * Romary (xF) = Kio (xx)

Alternate pairing (Eff you decil!)
Yurin (xx) * Flit (xx) = Sigh.... wishes are allowed, no?

Flit's recounts of having slipped gundam education into Kio's life had me laughing. Well, your games just happpppeeeenn to be gundam pilot simulations >.<.......
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:13   Link #66
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Simple reason that this isn't Gundam Seed
Wow you really missed the point there.

Within the early months to a year in most wars the nations usually find themselves with a shortage in manpower and end up doing drafts and recruiting younger men. I just related this to Gundam SEED but I can easily bring others in if you want.

Quote:
[B]It's just that Flit wants to keep the Gundam in his family, which I have accepted. But please don't try to use what Natarle said in SEED to excuse Flit training Kio at such a young AGE. It just doesn't apply here
And please don't try to use your "OMG Flit gave Kio a simulator game" at such a young age. It doesn't apply here either. Parents these days buy kids CoD and BF3 the second they can speak and no one complains about that. The worse Flit could've done was run Kio in drills that makes the Spartan Training in Halo look like Sunday School but he didn't.

And what part of the "~100 year war" did you not get?

Perhaps I was wrong to use that point there but the show's moving so fast we do not get to see other battles that could be happening (if any)

In any case the Federation has been at war for decades against the Vagans. The Vagans have in no way been beaten so I don't see why it's wrong for Flit to prepare Kio at a young age when they strike back again. Give me a solid good reason why Flit shouldn't have trained him at an early age when the Vagans have shown they can pretty much infilitrate and attack anything including the kitchen sink. The Vagans don't care if Kio would be trained or not, they kill everyone just the same anyways so again give me a solid good reason what difference would it have made if Flit hadn't prepared him.

If the Vagans were decisively beaten I would understand but so far they've shown they can lick their wounds and get back into the fight quickly.

Quote:
Flit may be a nice grandpa, but I doubt there can be peace between Vagans and Earthlings as long as he is around. At least the resolution to that dilemma is something to look forward to.
How? He's not even with the Federation anymore and last I checked he's not running some "illumniate" group in the back. I don't see him having much sway in the Federation anymore than he did last time.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:23   Link #67
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... Flit was 14 in Gen 1, not 12.
Old 2012-04-29, 16:32   Link #68
Requiem-x
The slacking one

"It's time for a savior" You're still the coolest guy around, Flit.

Glad to see Flit changed his strategy for the third gen and decided to be the nice relative who gives you videogames, and rides with you on mechas with portable photon cannons (That part was awesome!), though I wish it had been explained if Kio knows he's an x-rounder (seems like he's doing it out of instinct so far), or at least if Flit knows Kio is an x-rounder. I don't expect this super awesome relationship to last, though, since I doubt Flit forgot the whole EXTERMINATE ALL VAGANS thing, and your custom made savior probably needs more than videogame training to accomplish that.

Anyway. this episode sure went fast, the situaton is more urgent than ever before, the vagan essentially insta-invaded earth and we've already at least seen most important characters except the vagan princess, who I really, really hope doesn't get Yurin's spot because it's the last gen, so that would be pretty dumb (yeah, I know it's blissful thinking, but I still want to believe).

And hey, the children didn't actually look so annoying, that's a big plus. Anyway, as rushed as it might have been, it was an exciting episode that promises a lot for the last gen, it should be a fun ride.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 16:46   Link #69
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Wow you really missed the point there.

Within the early months to a year in most wars the nations usually find themselves with a shortage in manpower and end up doing drafts and recruiting younger men. I just related this to Gundam SEED but I can easily bring others in if you want.
Uh, no. We don't see the same for AGE to have that conclusion.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:33   Link #70
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

So we got awesome dragon MS, Zeheart, Kio taking action on a scooter, and the AGE-3.

Yep, this episode is a win. Gen 3 has the best start of them all.

9/10

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2012-04-29 at 18:40.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:52   Link #71
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Flit loves his grandkid more than his son because Kio is a X-rounder

How can you hide a massive army under your enemies nose for so long w/o anyone noticing?

anyways, Flit is one cool grandpa, who said video games are bad for you, you may save the world with it one day

p.s I wonder if the gundam simulator game could be played online?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 17:55   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be fair, Grandpa Flit had more time than Daddy Flit.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:03   Link #73
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And please don't try to use your "OMG Flit gave Kio a simulator game" at such a young age. It doesn't apply here either.
Of course it does. Flit and Kio confirm it themselves.

Quote:
And what part of the "~100 year war" did you not get?
The part where the Federation is in need of 13-year-old soldiers.
Quote:
Perhaps I was wrong to use that point there but the show's moving so fast we do not get to see other battles that could be happening (if any)
Nonetheless, there was no indication that the Federation were lacking soldiers.
Quote:
In any case the Federation has been at war for decades against the Vagans.
The Vagans spent most of that time hiding.
Quote:
The Vagans have in no way been beaten
You can't beat what you don't fight.
Quote:
so I don't see why it's wrong for Flit to prepare Kio at a young age when they strike back again. Give me a solid good reason why Flit shouldn't have trained him at an early age when the Vagans have shown they can pretty much infilitrate and attack anything including the kitchen sink. The Vagans don't care if Kio would be trained or not, they kill everyone just the same anyways so again give me a solid good reason what difference would it have made if Flit hadn't prepared him.

If the Vagans were decisively beaten I would understand but so far they've shown they can lick their wounds and get back into the fight quickly.
The point is, regardless of how long the war has been going on, the show itself has not given any hint that the Federation is lacking manpower. What it lacks is good security. Therefore, I can only conclude that Flit wants Kio to be a pilot at such a young age simply because he wants the Gundam to be piloted by a young male Asuno. And like I've said before, I've already accepted that. But you trying to make it sound like the state of the war warrants Kio being trained at a young age is where I disagree.

Anyway, as for the episode itself, it certainly has my interest more than the beginning of Flit and Asem's arcs. It's looking good so far.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:09   Link #74
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I have a feeling we are going to have a Mwu la Flaga (sp?) on our hands when concerning Asemu.

8/10 nice episode to start off the third gen with.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:10   Link #75
watanabe43
Justified and ancient

Is it only me who thinks the AGE-3 is butt-fugly? I hoped it would look better animated. It doesn't.

It made me laugh when they ran with the whole 'supah-robotto' build up to transformation (sorry, docking) only to reveal the amazing, er, two pieces involved. I await with bated breath the explanation between the tactical advantages of the new design

The kiddie trio should have (hopefully) completed the retro cliche ticklist somewhere in Gundam HQ. "Hey guyz, look look I gave Flit Bask Om's glasses - how kewl am I?"

Still fun though, happy days.

Last edited by watanabe43; 2012-04-29 at 18:15. Reason: illiteracy
watanabe43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:11   Link #76
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Flit likely trained Kio because he knows that the Asuno family is Public Enemy Number One as far as the Vagans are concerned. What happened in Generation 2? The Vagans sought out the Gundam and found it. The Vagans already knew which family was responsible for the Gundam's creation so they'd target any Asuno in hopes of finding the Gundam. It was intelligent to train Kio to fight--if it happens, he'd be able to fight properly. Kio certainly did a better job than Asem did when he first used a Gundam, and as a result he was able to take down three enemy MS.

Sure, his desire to destroy the Vagans surely factors into it, but Flit's smart. He'd know it'd be suicide to not make sure that there's capable pilots in the family, especially with his son missing and possibly dead. It helps that Kio is reasonably intelligent and resourceful, and his age helps his hand-eye coordination, combined with that game... he's the best choice for a pilot in the family. He's getting up in years, Romary's military training was for bridge crew, and his daughter's a medic, so none of them were viable choices to pilot the Gundam should the Vagans return.

@watanabe43: Probably just you; I thought the AGE-3 looked beautiful in action. AGE-2's mobile armor form looks better than the G-Cepter and Core Fighter, but I feel MS-wise, the AGE-3's the best of the line.

As for the advantage, the Core Fighter allows it to disengage entirely from the parts and switch to a new G-Wear, since it looks like the Fortress and Orbital wears will all be one piece. It likely allows the AGE Builder to create sturdier wear parts.
Old 2012-04-29, 18:19   Link #77
watanabe43
Justified and ancient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
MS-wise, the AGE-3's the best of the line.
It looks like it's wearing a core fighter rucksack

But then I didn't mind the G-Bouncer...
Old 2012-04-29, 18:21   Link #78
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Flit likely trained Kio because he knows that the Asuno family is Public Enemy Number One as far as the Vagans are concerned. What happened in Generation 2? The Vagans sought out the Gundam and found it. The Vagans already knew which family was responsible for the Gundam's creation so they'd target any Asuno in hopes of finding the Gundam.
Remember last episode where Zant practically ignored Flit? Yeah...

Still, ...
Quote:
It was intelligent to train Kio to fight--if it happens, he'd be able to fight properly. Kio certainly did a better job than Asem did when he first used a Gundam, and as a result he was able to take down three enemy MS.

Sure, his desire to destroy the Vagans surely factors into it, but Flit's smart. He'd know it'd be suicide to not make sure that there's capable pilots in the family, especially with his son missing and possibly dead. It helps that Kio is reasonably intelligent and resourceful, and his age helps his hand-eye coordination, combined with that game... he's the best choice for a pilot in the family. He's getting up in years, Romary's military training was for bridge crew, and his daughter's a medic, so none of them were viable choices to pilot the Gundam should the Vagans return.
Those can be legitimate points if the show chooses to address/acknowledge them.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-29, 18:25   Link #79
watanabe43
Justified and ancient

The simulator did look kind of a long way off actually piloting a suit though, more of a game. At least on that basis when the inevitable collapse of modern society occurs I will be fully trained in urban warfare thanks to my 'simulator' proficiency
Old 2012-04-29, 18:26   Link #80
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I'll give you the bit about Zant, but let's face it--what the Vagans want dead isn't the Asunos themselves, but the Gundam. They don't consider the family the true threat--remember how they didn't blow up the mansion whenever they fought the AGE-1 on Toridia?

And there's nothing to say that whatever Zant was going to shoot the Minister with wouldn't kill Flit in the process. We'll never know thanks to Asem, though.

Tags
weekly episode discussion