AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 18 36.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 26.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-03-04, 23:30   Link #41
Phantom

Why all the hate for Sorata?? Come on, the guy has definitely improved and people need to understand his POV a little bit more.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:32   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
Why all the hate for Sorata?? Come on, the guy has definitely improved and people need to understand his POV a little bit more.
It's because people thought he was blaming Shiina again and so they jumped on the hate boat without watching the episode.
Old 2013-03-04, 23:38   Link #43
CommanderChaos

I agree with chaos2. I even miscommunicated that mashiro was treated unfairly because everyone else was. Really, sorata wasn't being a dick to her, yet people still bash on him like that, as if he did the same thing as episode 13
Old 2013-03-04, 23:40   Link #44
The Green One

So the moral of today's story is: WATCH THE DARN EPISODE FIRST
Old 2013-03-04, 23:52   Link #45
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So the moral of today's story is: WATCH THE DARN EPISODE FIRST WHILE PAYING ATTENTION TO DETAILS
fixed.

But still, it hurts to lost to the same type of game that is within the conventional mold despite yours having a better and more revolutionary concepts. Then again, it's all about the money.
Old 2013-03-05, 00:18   Link #46
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Yeah did people watch the same episode I did?
He didn't say anything to Shiina like last time and he's not even mad at Shiina.

He's mad at a gaming company that gave him false hopes and made him waste his time when in fact all they were interested in was Shiina's art.
Well I think that's excessive. I'm pretty sure the game having some interesting concepts was a legitimate reason it got as far as it did. I don't think they'd waste their own time on fooling around with Sorata just to try and scout an artist. Could have been real jerks and just gave him that letter after the first meeting . Plus I really don't think that's where his anger was focused.

I'm not really surprised Mashiro misunderstood where Sorata's anger was directed. Could read a subtext of "because there are geniuses out there, the hard work of normal people is meaningless." May have just triggered the blame Mashiro was already directing at herself for what is happening to Sakurasou. This was hardly Sorata's worst moment since it really was more of a frustrated cry at the world in general.

I think the real problem was that Sorata was just too burned out to understand what was bothering Mashiro at that point. Aoyama breaks down, he gets that terrible news, they fail to get the petition signed, and then that low blow letter in the mail (although to be fair it wasn't his mail ). Was pretty literally confused as to what those words meant to Mashiro.

Just a bad episode for that Sorata, Mashiro, and Aoyama trio. Think it's pretty understandable how they all reacted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderChaos View Post
I agree with chaos2. I even miscommunicated that mashiro was treated unfairly because everyone else was. Really, sorata wasn't being a dick to her, yet people still bash on him like that, as if he did the same thing as episode 13
Isn't everyone generalizing a bit too far ? Plus, that's why I just write whatever before reading all the posts. Might lead to repetition, but at least don't get thrown off by what others have said before my own thoughts are defined.
Old 2013-03-05, 00:38   Link #47
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well I think that's excessive. I'm pretty sure the game having some interesting concepts was a legitimate reason it got as far as it did. I don't think they'd waste their own time on fooling around with Sorata just to try and scout an artist.
True,got a little carried away
But I still think none of his anger was towards mashiro directly.
Old 2013-03-05, 00:44   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
True,got a little carried away
But I still think none of his anger was towards mashiro directly.
Don't worry about that, you aren't the one who wrote way too much about the subject .

I completely agree that this wasn't about him being angry at Mashiro. In a sense I think he forgot that Mashiro was even there until she spoke up.
Old 2013-03-05, 03:22   Link #49
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
You are 100% right. That is the logic of this world. There is no one in this world who is the best, there is always someone better than you are and there is always someone worser than you are.

There is no justification to Sorata his behavior. You are 100% right about that.
Sorata's behavior was negative, yes, it is realistic for him to crack. Sorata's behavior is ultimately what a normal human would do. It has nothing to do with maturity.LEAVE SORATA ALONE, MEANIES! He's had enough for one day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm very certain this is a case of people just taking what one person had said and running off with their own conclusion.

Any reasonable person who have actually seen this episode knows that Sorata never directed his rage at Shiina.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Well I think that's excessive. I'm pretty sure the game having some interesting concepts was a legitimate reason it got as far as it did. I don't think they'd waste their own time on fooling around with Sorata just to try and scout an artist. Could have been real jerks and just gave him that letter after the first meeting . Plus I really don't think that's where his anger was focused.
It's plausible.

But on a side note, the video game company might have just stolen Sorata's ideas and told him that he lost to a similar idea so that they don't need to pay him much money. They wouldn't be the first company to do this if this was true. A certain *cough cough* American entertainment company with a lot of amusement parks for example, was successfully sued for doing something similar to just that.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-03-05 at 03:57.
Old 2013-03-05, 05:00   Link #50
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post

But on a side note, the video game company might have just stolen Sorata's ideas and told him that he lost to a similar idea so that they don't need to pay him much money. They wouldn't be the first company to do this if this was true. A certain *cough cough* American entertainment company with a lot of amusement parks for example, was successfully sued for doing something similar to just that.
LOL. In my case, I have a suspicion that a company had extracted some crucial bits of info for a very important project they were planning to undertake from me, by asking some questions about important details concerning the project during the job interview for a position that can be related to the project.
Old 2013-03-05, 05:36   Link #51
kivredia

Well I only said bitching, nothing about Mashiro. I should have used another word, but just being upset didn't really seem enough for how he felt. It's pretty clear that he is mad about the world and not Mashiro at the end of the episode. Her reaction is also not surprising for me after whats happened before that. For once it is just a misunderstanding between two people which now leads to more drama.

On another note, is anyone else worried that they'll still try to somehow shove the rest of the story up to LN8 in the last 3 episodes?
Old 2013-03-05, 06:04   Link #52
sky black swordman

Quote:
Very true.
IMO, I think even if Sorata's game was chosen they would have still sent that letter. I doubt they would have let the possibility of possibly having a highly skilled and talented artist like Mashiro to work for them pass them by.
Old 2013-03-05, 06:14   Link #53
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Quote:
I'm not really surprised Mashiro misunderstood where Sorata's anger was directed. Could read a subtext of "because there are geniuses out there, the hard work of normal people is meaningless." May have just triggered the blame Mashiro was already directing at herself for what is happening to Sakurasou. This was hardly Sorata's worst moment since it really was more of a frustrated cry at the world in general.
If Sorata did anything wrong it was forgetting that Mashiro takes the things he says very personally. It's not merely a function of her state of mind, but the fact that when you care about someone and you see that person unhappy, it's common to feel as though you're the cause.

Otherwise, his reaction is entirely appropriate, especially less than 24 hours after being turned down.
Old 2013-03-05, 06:21   Link #54
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@mayid

Hey Einstein, how about you try watching the episode first before running your mouth?

Everybody here already knows the truth about what actually happened so stop embarrassing yourself with this nonsense.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-05 at 06:34.
Old 2013-03-05, 07:37   Link #55
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayid View Post
To all the ones that sympathize with Sorata i have the following message. If you realy want to relate this anime to real life then listen to the following words:

Yeah he failed to achieve his goal for the moment. And yes it’s not uncommon for real life people to lash out and blame others for their own failings.

But then again those kind of people are those who lack guts and humility to accept that the short-comings are their own or that life itself is just that way and that you shouldn’t give up after just one or two hurdles.

This is not bulshit logic. This is how life works. The best kind of people in this world. Are the ones who despite lacking something they keep trying at something or switch and do something they can succeed at. Those are people who deserve respect.

Keeping blaming sombody else for being better than you, is just bulshit logic and will take you nowere, oke we can blame Mashiro for everything. Can poor Mashiro do something about it? noo she can't so, Man up and do something about it yourself first.

The message is look at the mirror first!!! change begins with yourself and not for blaming another person.
He did NOT blame Mashiro for his failings. He only thought it was unfair the world in general could be. Besides that, he did not lack guts and humility. It's too shocking for most people to think calmly. It takes time for people to recover and ACCEPT things.
Old 2013-03-05, 07:53   Link #56
Mich666

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
The cast is between 16 and 18 years olds. They've not worked long enough to fail from a lack of talent, so get over yourself, figure out what you need to improve (which is a lot) and go at it again.
Well, quite contrary. Teenagers of that age are very emotional and takes every failure as end of their life. They don't have the real grip on concept of success and failure in life yet. As far as they can say they are trying so hard and their results are fruitless nevertheless. Anybody would be broken by that.

And remember it's Japan. Take it from their point of view. Society expectations are harsh there, they are under permanent pressure to be the best and those who fails to find good job after graduating are destined to be ordinary for rest of their life. That's how the life goes there. It's the country with the most youth suicides where results of final school exams means everything for your life.

That's why Sakurasou is portraying this well - it's no surprise they are taking it with such emotions.
Old 2013-03-05, 09:38   Link #57
Marower

I'm surprised to see much hate directed towards Sorata after this episode, when this is one of the times his anger is reasonable (and it was not directed towards Mashiro as a person, guys). Some other times he's been dumb for no good reason (I really which we had monologues or something so we could understand their line of thought (anyone know if the light novels have it?)), but this was not one of them.

Old 2013-03-05, 09:57   Link #58
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marower View Post
I'm surprised to see much hate directed towards Sorata after this episode, when this is one of the times his anger is reasonable (and it was not directed towards Mashiro as a person, guys).
It's just people making silly assumptions instead of actually watching the episode themselves- don't mind them.
Old 2013-03-05, 10:00   Link #59
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Welp, i'm on Sorata's side this episode. It's like a slap in the face to be told that your game didn't make it simply because there was already another Rhyme game, but they would still like the artist of the game to come in and work for them. It was more or less "I worked so hard and yet I still didn't get anything where as Mashiro always wins in the end". Of course, he didn't specifically say or think that, but we all know what he means when he says it's unfair on normal people like him and Nanami to have such a great disadvantage.

Sorata was just angry and annoyed and vented out loud, and Mashiro automatically thought it was her fault probably because the letter was addressed to her. I'm sure Sorata had no intention of blaming Mashiro, it was more like he was blaming society as a whole instead, saying how it's unfair "Normal people" that the better always get picked no matter how hard they try and no matter what little the better contribute towards the project.
Old 2013-03-05, 10:01   Link #60
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

I like Sorata best when he is not angst driven. I can understand why he is emotional in coming up short. But it's truly the test of your character in how fast you bounce back and how your attitude readjusts. His inferiority complex in regards to talent gaps between people is disheartening. It makes people slightly less open with not only others but also themselves. If I had a genius living near me, I'd pick his or her brains and like mentioned earlier in the thread, ask to start a partnership with that individual. Since the people in this show are friends, it would be more plausible than asking a person who is merely a distant acquaintance to team up.

I feel for Nanami, Sorata and the struggle to keep Sakurasou open though.
Closed Thread