AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-20, 21:47   Link #1801
DuoRanger
Banned

i'd suggest to everyone here to read this thread
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149617694
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-20, 22:16   Link #1802
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
Frankly I don't mind about lost features. This is pretty much the same as when Diablo II first came out. Blizzard would add things into the game progressively over time once the game has stabilised. It's the stuff that are lost forever that I am annoyed with.
Quote:
Me thinks you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place VCV.
Let's just say I am a disgruntled customer. Lack of options.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:24   Link #1803
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuoRanger View Post
Wait, am I the only one who got items with skill modifiers? Why does it sound like no one has them?

Another thing I would like to note, that stacking primary attribute is the worst thing you could do. Well, maybe not worst, but it's certainly not a good thing to do either. Equally distribute primary stats, +dmg and +atk speed actually results in higher dps overall, and I've found that I need pretty much 3 out of 4 attribute to do well in higher difficulty. Heck, even Barbarian needs some int to survive all those Fire Chain Teleporter elite out there.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:49   Link #1804
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
let me state this much correctly. you DIDNT pay for the game, not even half of it. you paid for the license (permission) to play the game.

you dont get to own diablo 3 for $60. no part, no copy of diablo 3 is owned by you. its all blizzard's property. even 1 ingame gold or some lvl 1 fail loot is blizzard property.

why you paid $60 for a license to play the game? you chose to. blizz never said it was selling diablo 3, blizz is selling diablo 3 licenses. there is a huge difference.

There is no excuse for this, as I stated before, in the future, people wont own anything they buy. This will have a big negative impact in society. You can kiss internet goodbye as you know it as well as being able to obtain information easily.

It is really sad that people don't seem to care. They are getting robbed blind by games such as D3, and in their ignorance contributing to a much bigger problem.

I think it is time for me to stop trying to convince you all that Blizzard is ethically wrong and you should you not encourage this kind of business practices. I am not going to change anything by myself anyway.
Old 2012-05-20, 22:58   Link #1805
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
I think it is time for me to stop trying to convince you all that Blizzard is ethically wrong and you should you not encourage this kind of business practices. I am not going to change anything by myself anyway.
Thank you.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:47   Link #1806
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

So my friend gave me a rare axe and a ruby for my Barbarian, and before he could mention that the ruby was for my axe, I had inserted it into my helmet, not realizing how gems worked between items. I have yet to unlock the Jeweler, so my brother, who has, offered to de-gem it for me.

Now every time he trades me back the helmet and the removed gem, well, the game terminates, with him still having possession of the helmet and the gemstone. We're right baffled by the behavior and I'm starting to get pissed off by it.
Old 2012-05-20, 23:52   Link #1807
Sagi

This is my first time buying a Blizzard game and I would never again buy another game from them if they continue with their online only. I'm having so many problems with their servers I don't understand how I can't play the game offline.
This is the first game that I have bought that requires you to be connected online to play the game.
After I typed this I'm getting the 3006 error now I can't connect. Lol

Last edited by Sagi; 2012-05-21 at 00:32.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 01:28   Link #1808
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well thank for the answers earlier, guys. Now back to the current debate. I think there're points in both side of this argument.

Firstly, i guess with all of the DRM and what not, we can safely say D3 is actually Diablo Online. It's like Golf or FIFA Online(competitive sports gameroom) , or Gunbound (PvP game room), or Lunia (cooperative game room). You can play as single player all game, or you can party with others (often 3-7) to get through harder mode or earn higher reward. But you can't play offline, save , load to get through difficult stage and enjoy the content

If you look at it that way. Lag is expected for online game. Huge congestion during launch is expected. Server maintenance downtime should not happen, but also should be expected. Short gameplay and depend on end game with lots of repetition and mostly competitiveness between players (not pvp but gears superiority in this case) is obvious. Same on "lasting appeal" aspect, as Diablo 3 like most online games can't be count worth in "hours" now

I guess the debate is not exactly on whether you should or have the right to own the game. But on why Diablo 3 market itself as offline game while it's not. And whether this will give the bad example for other offline game franchise to follow: turn all of their offline game to online
Old 2012-05-21, 01:35   Link #1809
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Wait, am I the only one who got items with skill modifiers? Why does it sound like no one has them?

Another thing I would like to note, that stacking primary attribute is the worst thing you could do. Well, maybe not worst, but it's certainly not a good thing to do either. Equally distribute primary stats, +dmg and +atk speed actually results in higher dps overall, and I've found that I need pretty much 3 out of 4 attribute to do well in higher difficulty. Heck, even Barbarian needs some int to survive all those Fire Chain Teleporter elite out there.
Hmm? You don't need INT as a Barbarian (although it is not useless to you). STR gives you armour, which ALSO reduces magical damage (all types of damage in fact).

The way attributes work, you are not forced to stacked your non-primary stat, but neither will having it be a waste.

STR boosts Armour which reduces all forms of damage.
INT boosts Resistances, all types including physical.
DEX boosts Dodge, which includes magical attacks and AoE.

HOWEVER, you will NOT get the most DPS by just stacking your primary attribute. To do so, you will need a mixture of +DMG, Primary Stat and +%AtkSpd (if spamming non-cd skills).

Furthermore, as gear is pretty crappy until people start hitting the jackpot in End-Game, you will still need to pay attention to survival stats like VIT. Otherwise you will become a bite-size snack in Hell.

Me: "You have... 7k health. Dude, we're in Hell."
DH: "I have 6k DPS."

*DH dies to Log Trap* <---- 1-hit KO from full health

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-21, 02:03   Link #1810
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Hahahaha.

I'm in Nightmare Act III, level 46 Wizard and I have 18k health. And 2.2k DPS.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 02:32   Link #1811
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post

I guess the debate is not exactly on whether you should or have the right to own the game. But on why Diablo 3 market itself as offline game while it's not. And whether this will give the bad example for other offline game franchise to follow: turn all of their offline game to online
They never did market it as an offline game or even a singleplayer game but a lot of us did play it as an offline singleplayer game due to variety of reason. I stop playing the online version due to rampant duping and hacking.

Quote:
Hmm? You don't need INT as a Barbarian (although it is not useless to you). STR gives you armour, which ALSO reduces magical damage (all types of damage in fact).

The way attributes work, you are not forced to stacked your non-primary stat, but neither will having it be a waste.

STR boosts Armour which reduces all forms of damage.
INT boosts Resistances, all types including physical.
DEX boosts Dodge, which includes magical attacks and AoE.

HOWEVER, you will NOT get the most DPS by just stacking your primary attribute. To do so, you will need a mixture of +DMG, Primary Stat and +%AtkSpd (if spamming non-cd skills).

Furthermore, as gear is pretty crappy until people start hitting the jackpot in End-Game, you will still need to pay attention to survival stats like VIT. Otherwise you will become a bite-size snack in Hell.

Cheers.
i was in a party with a DH and Barb with my Monk and i had more HP than the two of em combined (sitting @ 15k hp 1.1k dps in NM Act 3 now). It's silly how they just repeatedly get killed everytime something sneeze at them while I was sitting in a big group duking it out with champion packs.

Even then, I need to reposition myself if there's too many arcane sentry/desecrate/molten/poison stacks.
Old 2012-05-21, 03:30   Link #1812
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
They never did market it as an offline game or even a singleplayer game but a lot of us did play it as an offline singleplayer game due to variety of reason. I stop playing the online version due to rampant duping and hacking.
Well i guess because everyone expected offline is default gaming, so we all expect that it will be offline unless they clearly stated otherwise.

But we can all agree that Diablo 3 is an online game, right?
Old 2012-05-21, 04:46   Link #1813
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Gaming has already reached the state of mass consumption so naturally the industry makes several attempts to control the consumers some way or the other. Point is, even if enough people boycotted games with DRM for publishers to reconsider using it again, they'd find other means of control, other methods that seem more acceptable to customers at first. You have to look at how consumerism works to begin with, the general issue is not exclusive to the gaming industry.

Back to the fun stuff: Just finished nightmare with my DH. Died a lot less than I expected, smoke screen works like a charm, impale+bleed great single target damage with good mobility (compared to rapid fire). Good discipline management is a key aspect by now. Off to hell.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 05:00   Link #1814
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Still can't figure out how to make good use of summoning for my WD. The dogs die way too fast, and the cooldown is too long for using Sacrifice. I found that the only one worth using is Gargantua. Fetish Army has 2 minutes cooldown, so it can't be used frequently, and with how everything is so chaotic in Nightmare/Hell, I can't find a good place to put down Fetish Shaman buffing.

Mostly I went with zombie wall and poison stuffs.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:04   Link #1815
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Still farming Hell-Butcher at this point (for gold and XP). Not feeling comfortable enough to move on to Hell-A2. Starting to see more geared people now, which is a good thing as that means that the runs are smoother.

Witch Doctors seem be to be endangered at this point, and good ones are almost extinct. Monks seem to be the preferred "Tank" at the moment, while Barbarians seem to be more hampered by their higher gear dependence.

Wizards are basically LOL-everywhere, with DH not far behind.

Managed to snag a 321dps 2H-Staff from the Auction House with Life Steal and a socket for only 7k gold. Sweet... makes my base DPS 4.3k with 24k health. Still desperately looking for good rings that don't attempt to rob you blind.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-21, 05:38   Link #1816
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Still farming Hell-Butcher at this point (for gold and XP). Not feeling comfortable enough to move on to Hell-A2. Starting to see more geared people now, which is a good thing as that means that the runs are smoother.

Witch Doctors seem be to be endangered at this point, and good ones are almost extinct. Monks seem to be the preferred "Tank" at the moment, while Barbarians seem to be more hampered by their higher gear dependence.

Wizards are basically LOL-everywhere, with DH not far behind.

Managed to snag a 321dps 2H-Staff from the Auction House with Life Steal and a socket for only 7k gold. Sweet... makes my base DPS 4.3k with 24k health. Still desperately looking for good rings that don't attempt to rob you blind.

Cheers.
What do you mean by "LOL-everywhere"?
Old 2012-05-21, 06:01   Link #1817
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I'm farming Butcher inferno with templar, it is so hard I have only killed him twice now and nothing good has dropped All of the AH items with intellengent/vitality are so over priced for what they are, I can't see myself moving onto act 2 for a very long time :/
Old 2012-05-21, 06:10   Link #1818
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
What do you mean by "LOL-everywhere"?
It feels like 50% of the players are Wizards. Joining a pub-game, I have half-half odds that it will be a Wizard.

~~~~ ~~~~

Ak3mi, you don't farm Act-Bosses for gear any more. If it is gear you want, you need to farm Champion mobs. Act-Bosses are better farmed for gold and XP.

Cheers.
Old 2012-05-21, 06:13   Link #1819
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

According to the offical forum, Wizards is one class who can - with one specific build - relatively "stress free" farm even Inferno mode, *if* the mob hits rather slowly. A combination of Energy Armor + Force Armor and life regeneration or something like that. Don't ask for details because I still haven't bought the game (still 4 days left before I can return home) .
Needless to say, the rage about Inferno is quite immense for Act 2.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-21, 06:26   Link #1820
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
According to the offical forum, Wizards is one class who can - with one specific build - relatively "stress free" farm even Inferno mode, *if* the mob hits rather slowly. A combination of Energy Armor + Force Armor and life regeneration or something like that. Don't ask for details because I still haven't bought the game (still 4 days left before I can return home) .
Needless to say, the rage about Inferno is quite immense for Act 2.
That build is good for Act-Bosses, not against Champion packs who can punch you again before your head even completes its oscillation from the first one.

Cheers.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler