Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-14, 13:30   Link #1241
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
By the way, the chaos guy, by some posts of his/her I read in onemanga forum, I would say he/she enjoys it more or less with the doubt of the Council's role.

Dear God, you're 31!!
Actually, at first I was one of the bigger dissenters of the manga. I'm not a fan of Medaka herself, really, as I don't like the God Mode Sue type and I felt that she took up way too much of the manga, without actually giving it anything, other than showing off her powers every week. It made things very boring for me. Plus, due to the way she was written, she didn't seem human at all (with the modes making her seem more like a robot than a person) and I didn't like her personality, especially when there was no explanation given for the things she could do. At the time, it didn't make sense in the manga's universe.

However, I do give credit when I like something and I am glad that there's a plot finally starting evolve and they're starting to give reasons and weaknesses to Medaka. The things she can do are starting to get explained and it's nice that people really do see her as "abnormal". He may have taken his time to get there, which, like I mentioned previously, can kill a manga in WSJ (see Double Arts), but at least we're starting to get some story. Whether or not people like it remains to be seen.

I still don't know where the Council is going to fit in and as much as I'd like to see Zenkichi do something, since around chapter 6, his role has diminished greatly and he's pretty much become an almost useless side character. His whole purpose seemed to be narrating Medaka's powers and right now, with super powered people running around, he doesn't really fit. If there was actually some more focus on him, I'd be fine, but right now... even after chapter 21, when they stopped Medaka, chapter 22 comes along and he gets one page. :\

I just don't think Medaka can carry the manga herself as a solo main protagonist, which is why Zen needs to get a bigger role than "the guy who follows Medaka around and shows up occasionally to comment on what she does".

Edit: And what's wrong with being 31? I'm only a year younger myself....

Last edited by KLGChaos; 2009-10-14 at 14:35.
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 14:00   Link #1242
Homura7

Before I can write anything in spoiler tags, do you guys have some problems with the message options and icons? I can't chose a single one.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 14:35   Link #1243
Jze0
Hmmm...

I think peolple need to turn off they're brain when it comes to this series. I mean just read it for what it is, I have and so far it's worked for me though that might not be for everyone.
Old 2009-10-14, 14:35   Link #1244
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Before I can write anything in spoiler tags, do you guys have some problems with the message options and icons? I can't chose a single one.
I have no issues. I use firefox and it seems to work for me.
Old 2009-10-14, 14:38   Link #1245
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
I think peolple need to turn off they're brain when it comes to this series. I mean just read it for what it is, I have and so far it's worked for me though that might not be for everyone.
I would say it's a matter of patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I have no issues. I use firefox and it seems to work for me.
Oh nevermind, works again
Old 2009-10-16, 06:57   Link #1246
Clarste
Human

Just caught up after taking a break from this series. I guess my reaction is:

What.

Honestly, I don't really mind where the plot is going (super-abnormal people), but the fighting part seems a bit silly. Why do ultimate people need to prove themselves in battle (and with ridiculous costumes)? I really liked the part where the kid says "Okay, you're stronger than me. So what? That doesn't mean you're right." That kind of thing, along with the idea that Medaka is really trying and failing to imitate normal people, interests me, and I wouldn't mind reading more of that. I wish they'd tone down the battles though: I can't imagine reading that whole fight week by week.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 07:12   Link #1247
Nemesis

Uh, ive been following this manga, but i havent felt the impact of this shounen battle stuff yet, im still clinging on first.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:09   Link #1248
Homura7

Quote:
However, I do give credit when I like something and I am glad that there's a plot finally starting evolve and they're starting to give reasons and weaknesses to Medaka. The things she can do are starting to get explained and it's nice that people really do see her as "abnormal". He may have taken his time to get there, which, like I mentioned previously, can kill a manga in WSJ (see Double Arts), but at least we're starting to get some story. Whether or not people like it remains to be seen.
I guess that's common logic. You can't expect insane lots of plot info and character development with just 10 chapters from weekly manga, so you just need to wait patiently watching how everything progress. As for the WSJ issue, at this point DA got cancelled (in chapter 23 and the reasons were mostly due to japanese readers not liking how a man and a woman fight their oponents holding hands, giving some shojo vives in ocasions. Well, that's how some japaneses think). So it's true that a slow begin can be sometimes risky. Same happened with Beelzebub. First 20 chapters made me feel that everything was centered around the main character and his baby. Fortunately with patience it gradually progressed and now there's more than just the main character himself Sames goes for Medaka Box, it's gradually progressing with each chapter.

WSJ is quite demanding.

Quote:
I still don't know where the Council is going to fit in and as much as I'd like to see Zenkichi do something, since around chapter 6, his role has diminished greatly and he's pretty much become an almost useless side character. His whole purpose seemed to be narrating Medaka's powers and right now, with super powered people running around, he doesn't really fit. If there was actually some more focus on him, I'd be fine, but right now... even after chapter 21, when they stopped Medaka, chapter 22 comes along and he gets one page.
And what's wrong with that? There're always some chapters where the spotlight is not centered at all on the main character

Quote:
I just don't think Medaka can carry the manga herself as a solo main protagonist, which is why Zen needs to get a bigger role than "the guy who follows Medaka around and shows up occasionally to comment on what she does".
Well, right now and with what we got I don't have a clue. At least I can talk about Zenkichi and Akune (sorry, beautiful treasurer, you have to wait).

As the main character, Zen's role will be obviously bigger. Right in the first chapter, we got a hint about his role in the council:

Spoiler for From lowest to... highest?:

As for Akune, what Zen says:

Spoiler for Underestimating the council members?:

Quote:
Edit: And what's wrong with being 31? I'm only a year younger myself....
Oh, nothing, it just got me by surprise. I find great that people older than me read manga and watch anime. Proves there's no age limit

Say, is my English good?

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-10-16 at 11:22.
Old 2009-10-16, 11:17   Link #1249
Wrath88
Kissing...

Wah, double posting of long post. Well, good points raised, but even if they have the good foundation for Zen and Akune's development, the lure of a battle manga might shove that aside.
Old 2009-10-16, 11:26   Link #1250
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler pics of chapter 23:

http://imepita.jp/20091016/602970
http://imepita.jp/20091016/602130
http://imepita.jp/20091016/602340
http://imepita.jp/20091016/603160
http://imepita.jp/20091016/604380
http://imepita.jp/20091016/604680
http://imepita.jp/20091016/605460
http://imepita.jp/20091016/605630
http://imepita.jp/20091016/606200
http://imepita.jp/20091016/606360

Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-16, 11:32   Link #1251
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Spoiler pics of chapter 23:

Spoiler:
Well...

Spoiler:
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:35   Link #1252
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well...

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-16, 11:36   Link #1253
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Well...

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Or...:
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 11:51   Link #1254
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
I LOL hard to see spoiler pic of this new chapter
Look like the author just granted another poster (in this thread) wish to see Meda-bitch get beaten and helped by some one (to make Meda-bitch looks weak, humanly,normal,etc that the author/Zen-doggy boasting about).

Does he (author) so desperate because his manga get very low rating?
Yeah! serve you right loser! your Bakemonogatari sure good, but this one just a wreck, shame for you to break your promise in oneshot (about Love Ground Breeding Student council)

now that Meda-bitch hurt, I hope some char that Chairman summoned will finish this manga with one strike kill move or whatever it's call to Meda-bitch
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 12:55   Link #1255
Nemesis

uh, why is this manga thread full of haters?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 13:39   Link #1256
Arturro

IMHO spoilers might prove that _kurusu_ is right, and author wanted battle manga with freaks from the beggining. OR he is rather good author and is trying to tie all lose knots.

Spoiler:

BTW - I must admint that my willpower is not strong enought. I've lurked here, and checked spoiler pic

Last edited by Arturro; 2009-10-16 at 16:40. Reason: Adding spoiler tags
Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 14:30   Link #1257
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
It feels more and more like a battle manga, seeing as the side characters have been given a chance to jump in and battle, but it still feels out of place. This means that Zenkichi and Akune might have a future in this series as well, but still.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 14:54   Link #1258
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I LOL hard to see spoiler pic of this new chapter
Look like the author just granted another poster (in this thread) wish to see Meda-bitch get beaten and helped by some one (to make Meda-bitch looks weak, humanly,normal,etc that the author/Zen-doggy boasting about).

Does he (author) so desperate because his manga get very low rating?
Yeah! serve you right loser! your Bakemonogatari sure good, but this one just a wreck, shame for you to break your promise in oneshot (about Love Ground Breeding Student council)

now that Meda-bitch hurt, I hope some char that Chairman summoned will finish this manga with one strike kill move or whatever it's call to Meda-bitch
Whoa, another one who believed this manga would be about generic romance school life, and by the one-shot, nothing less. You must be really butthurt to write such childish comments.

Quote:
How could a strong punch, even with brass knuckles hurt an abnomination, who is able to withstand bomb explosion, hit by large iron ball etc, she shouldn't be able even to hit someone fast enought to run over wall (I'm assuming that unzen sister abilities are on par with Medaka). Well maybe it's explained, but I doubt.
Either Unzen's sister is just bluffing or the karate girl is more than we just thought at first. I mean, she was the captain before finding a successor. Explanations probably next week, but Unzen's sister seems unaffected by her punch, and it was one hell of. Just to add, what if she's from class 13? And shouldn't we hide our comments? Chapters isn't out yet

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-10-16 at 15:49.
Old 2009-10-16, 15:55   Link #1259
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
It feels more and more like a battle manga, seeing as the side characters have been given a chance to jump in and battle, but it still feels out of place. This means that Zenkichi and Akune might have a future in this series as well, but still.
Right now, Zenkichi is reminding me of Tsukune from R+V-- the useless male character. However, you always knew that Tsukune had an important purpose and place in the story, as he was always in the thick of things and you knew he was really important to Moka and the other girls. Even when he couldn't do something, he at least tried (and got himself nearly killed several times doing it). Zen barely even appears in most chapters anymore and when he does, he really isn't given anything important to do. He really doesn't feel like he's anything more than any other side character and less than some. It's like everything that was established in the first couple of chapters has been forgotten about.
Old 2009-10-16, 16:08   Link #1260
Homura7

Quote:
Right now, Zenkichi is reminding me of Tsukune from R+V-- the useless male character. However, you always knew that Tsukune had an important purpose and place in the story, as he was always in the thick of things and you knew he was really important to Moka and the other girls. Even when he couldn't do something, he at least tried (and got himself nearly killed several times doing it). Zen barely even appears in most chapters anymore and when he does, he really isn't given anything important to do. He really doesn't feel like he's anything more than any other side character and less than some. It's like everything that was established in the first couple of chapters has been forgotten about.
Hey, it's not like he's been out of the picture for ten chapters, give the other characters some screentime too But no worries, read my post where I explain Zenkichi's role. And Tsukune... He's not the useless main character anymore. The guy just owns I would say Zen shares some similarities with him.

Anyway, just 8 pages of the chapter and lots of things already happening. Not bad.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-10-16 at 16:20.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council