AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-12, 21:18   Link #421
sa547
*Author

Medaka must've watched so much CSI that the local cops should hire her out.
Old 2012-04-12, 22:19   Link #422
00Coyote

This adaption isn't coming together for me, not that it's terrible or anything, it just seems to lack energy. The animation, backgrounds and stuff are ok, but what isn't working for me is the audio side.

To start off with, the voices just refuse to match up with the characters in my opinion. Shiranui's VA matches ok, but that character is locked in one mode of operation, mischievous, so at the moment she doesn't require a bunch of range.

Zen and Medaka, however, their VA performance isn't doing anything for me, especially Madeka. Her voice, the delivery, it doesn't have any presence to it. I'm not expecting [I USE BRACKETS OF POWER] type voicing (that comes much latter, which looks like won't get animated) but her voice is too weak. Zen's VA seems ok, just not inspired, and he's not keeping my attention. Since he is the MC, and designated exposition expositioner, in a series written by Nisio Isin (ZOMGWALLOFTEXT everywhere) that's not a good thing.

There's something else about the audio in general that is bothering me, but I can't put my ear on it. I can't tell if its the mix, or something odd about the music or what, there is something off, and it bugs me. The adaptation isn't terrible, so I'll watch a few more episodes to see what entertainment there is to find.

In the meantime, have some dramatic sarcasm.
Spoiler for dramatic sarcasm within:
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 00:24   Link #423
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
I know what you mean. She actually hit one of my 'moe pressure points' with her doggie cosplay. I wanted to pet her head and 'console' her while she was under the table, whimpering - it was that cute.
Yeah, I wanted to use her lines: "I'll pet you! I'll hug you! I'll play with you!"
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 04:36   Link #424
novalysis

My fear for this adaptation is that it shares the same fate as the Negima adaptations, especially in terms of critical reception. Anime is a very unkind medium for adapting such
Spoiler for Though if you do know about Negima, or read Medaka Box, you'd know what I'm talking about:
mangas.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 06:45   Link #425
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Medaka must've watched so much CSI that the local cops should hire her out.
I'm guessing she spent some time with Sherlock
Old 2012-04-13, 06:55   Link #426
Iby
minority spirit(?)
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to Iby
If you mix voices from VOMIC and the parts of the first episode, you'll get these:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17474471
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm17508945
Iby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 21:50   Link #427
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I wonder why Nisio Isin's works feature twitching hair antenna so prominently whenever they become anime...
Old 2012-04-14, 05:20   Link #428
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Just watched ep1 and ep2

Great series. Alot of exaggerated WTF moments.
Medaka was so sexy on ep.2 with the dog cosplay.
She's my new sexy Konata.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:14   Link #429
chaos_animagic

I am not sure about
Spoiler for .:

Cause what's shown in anime is what's shown in manga... nothing's changed yet

Unlike Negima... the 2 TV anime is completely different from the manga since the beginning (or more like 1... since the 2nd TV anime is just a remake of the 1st...)
The only Negima that follow the manga is the OVA for "End of Negima" Series.

Quote:
twitching hair antenna
is always there as long as a character have hair antenna... there is no characters with hair antenna that doesn't TWITCH!!!

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Also, remember, Medaka is suppose to be "Perfect" and most males likes "soft" type voices (it makes the males feels better...)
Zen's voice is deeper than what I had imagined tho... especially since Zen isn't much of a "body builder type with massive muscles" to go with "deep voice"
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 17:49   Link #430
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for images:
Old 2012-04-14, 21:59   Link #431
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
From the same studio that brought you Evangelion/PantyStocking/GurrenLagann...
From the

...wait a Minute? Medaka (Magica) Box?

A Big-Boobed heroine who acts like Chuck Norris (minus the pets section), lots of "ahoge", excessive overexaggeration. Hmmm. Despite Ep2 throwing me off a bit, I might give this a shot.
Old 2012-04-14, 22:24   Link #432
chaos_animagic

BTW...

I think Medaka is having a BIT too much FUN

Spoiler for pic:

Wish I could play around with Medaka too.. LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 23:31   Link #433
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Well episode two was good. Still getting a feel for the characters but I like them so far. Now all we need is more fanart of Isahaya.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 01:56   Link #434
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I am not sure about
Spoiler for .:

Cause what's shown in anime is what's shown in manga... nothing's changed yet

Unlike Negima... the 2 TV anime is completely different from the manga since the beginning (or more like 1... since the 2nd TV anime is just a remake of the 1st...)
The only Negima that follow the manga is the OVA for "End of Negima" Series.

is always there as long as a character have hair antenna... there is no characters with hair antenna that doesn't TWITCH!!!

___ ___ ___ ___ ___

Also, remember, Medaka is suppose to be "Perfect" and most males likes "soft" type voices (it makes the males feels better...)
Zen's voice is deeper than what I had imagined tho... especially since Zen isn't much of a "body builder type with massive muscles" to go with "deep voice"
My fear is that they won't hit the
Spoiler for Manga:
before the first cour. The most likely reviews at the end: annoying beginning, and just as it get's good, the first season ends.

My point is not adaptation desecration, which was what Negima practiced, but whether it get's the good part before the anime ends.
Old 2012-04-15, 02:06   Link #435
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Isn't this 45 eps?
Old 2012-04-15, 02:08   Link #436
Clarste
Human

There was a website that listed it as 45 episodes, but they didn't have a reliable source. And supposedly the discs are being sold in such a way that indicates a shorter series.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 02:22   Link #437
leokiko

I will come back once the series becomes retardedly wordy to the max a-lá bakemonogatari.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 02:53   Link #438
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
There was a website that listed it as 45 episodes, but they didn't have a reliable source. And supposedly the discs are being sold in such a way that indicates a shorter series.
If it's 45, I have much higher hopes for the anime, because by then, we'll likely reach Kumugawa's introduction, if not further. But there's no way you could capture the essence of Medaka Box in only 12 Episodes. This, contrary to what it seems outwardly isn't a run of the mill dime a dozen Harem Echii or Fan-service laden Slice of Life series that could be easily captured in 12 episodes. Contrary to what it seems.

You could capture Kore Wa Zombie, C Cube, Hagani, and more serious series like Fate Zero or Rinne no Langrange,etc in 12 or 13 episodes with no problems, because either their genre became mixed fairly early on (3 Episode rule), or they kept a consistent genre. Split Cour for such series is a wise move.

The problem are stories like Medaka Box, and Negima, where the tone drastically changes, but only after a few dozen chapters or so.

With 12 episodes, odds are, it'll possibly end near the point where the Manga almost got cancelled. That's the worst case scenario. And if that happens, I think we can kiss goodbye to a second season, and consign this to the same mass grave the Negima anime and it's ilk were buried in.

Of course, even with 45 episodes, there's a grim possibility that the directors will still be set in the Slice of Life/Harem! Echii Mindset when the whole plot shifts into a very Meta Shounen Action story. But I prefer to remain optimistic that the producers have at least read and comprehended the source material, and realized that there's a distinct change after the first two or three arcs.
Old 2012-04-15, 03:03   Link #439
Clarste
Human

Well, even in the OP they've already given hints as to where it's going so there's that. Ultimately though, it's an economic question. Regardless of what the director does or does not understand, if he can't get the advertisers to invest in a longer series then it's just not going to happen. And, like you said, a sequel is unlikely if it ends early on.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:07   Link #440
Valid

One thing that bugs me is that on the characters section on the Medaka box anime website they mention certain stuff that only appear in the flask plan arc, why would they mention it if they are only animating towards the enforcer arc.
Valid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, shounen