AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 12:20   Link #41
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcanclaw View Post
I'd feel like he contradicted a lot of the established connections that Tobi has. Back when Obito was just a kid/infant/not even born, Tobi was already hanging out with Kisame, Nagato and (the big one) Madara himself.

Madara knew immediately who Tobi was, that's heavy evidence that Tobi isn't a young guy. Kisame has seen Tobi's face and recognized it as the same face he saw decades ago, Obito was still alive when Tobi masqueraded as the Mizukage.

Obito is a red herring. It's either Izuna or Kagami, and my money is on Izuna because of how much Tobi knows about Izuna and Madara's relationship, seemingly from personal experience.

Kisame is only 3 years older than Obito and with the previous generations having been more involved in the world than the rookie 9 that relationship doesn't prove anything.

The rest does make it seem it's impossible for Tobi to be Obito though.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 12:54   Link #42
erpi

Everyone is missing the main point here... Why isn't Tobi using his rinnegan to fend off Naruto instead of eating his attacks like a fat kid eating big macs at the McDonald's.
erpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:12   Link #43
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Fair enough. The arbitrary 10 year delay always seemed stupid, but I guess it was really just there to shoehorn in Tobi's ability.
It was actually a poor way to explain the fact that Itachi never used it but the point still stands. The Senju are the battery to the Uchiha's jutsu, to be honest it's a wonder the Uchiha clan didn't harvest them sooner, it makes a lot more sense than your own family.

Quote:
Madara died some time after he gave his eyes to Nagato, so once we know when that happened everything else will fall into place.
At this point the more likely answer is two different Tobi with old Madara being the long haired one and that would mean he lived years after giving up the Rinnegan to Nagato.
Oh and let's prepare ourselves to a sob story of an Obito probably slightly mind fucked by Madara to do his biding. Hell he probably awakened the MS killing Rin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erpi View Post
Everyone is missing the main point here... Why isn't Tobi using his rinnegan to fend off Naruto instead of eating his attacks like a fat kid eating big macs at the McDonald's.
For the same reason he's here in the first place instead of chilling 150km away and summon the 10 tails without interference. The good guys gotta win somehow.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 13:26   Link #44
thegamersd

tobi is john connor
he wants to prevent ninjas in naruto s world to create skynet
thegamersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:11   Link #45
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
At this point the more likely answer is two different Tobi with old Madara being the long haired one and that would mean he lived years after giving up the Rinnegan to Nagato.
i could be wrong about this timeline because i havent seen it brought up before, but didnt tobi go from having long hair to short and then back to long: mizukage business (long) - fight with minato (short) - meeting with itachi (long)? that would basically ensure that he is two people, namely madara and obito as teacher and student and obito's first big test after gaining MS would have been against his teacher which fits the story's themes well.

Quote:
Oh and let's prepare ourselves to a sob story of an Obito probably slightly mind fucked by Madara to do his biding. Hell he probably awakened the MS killing Rin.
i think you just nailed rin's fate. now to get an explanation about kakashi's MS and hopefully Shisui's as well...
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 14:58   Link #46
b1gdawg

I really want to know who Tobi is, but part of me is hoping that Kishi will switch the focus of the Manga from the Tobi plot to Madara or Sasuke plot.

EVERYONE WOULD GET SO PISSED!
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:10   Link #47
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
No, next chapter will shift to Madara and/or Sasuke.
Kishi wasn't enough and you are torturing us about next week too .

Stop teasing . NEXT WEEK WE SHALL KNOW ( at least i hope we will ).
Old 2012-08-22, 15:13   Link #48
Amata Sora

man, we sure did get cliffhanger trolled I was all " We'll finally know id Tobi is Obito!" *sees picture of sasuke*
fuck you too Kishi
just kidding, anyways I have suspected it was Obito for awhile and that suspicion has only increased after finding out he had kamui... but he supposedly looks old.. but your face could look like anything after having half your face crushed by a boulder.. In a plot twist though.. it could be the ninjas they fought while Obito was dying at kannabi bridge
Amata Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:15   Link #49
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
If Senju DNA allowed Danzou to use Shisui's eye after a few hours instead of 10 years it doesn't seem so incredible that Tobi could spam his MS for so long.
Wasn't the 10 year delay only for the MS technique and the 4 hour delay for the regular 3 tome hypnotizing technique? If I'm wrong well... let the torture commence
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:16   Link #50
b1gdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata Sora View Post
man, we sure did get cliffhanger trolled I was all " We'll finally know id Tobi is Obito!" *sees picture of sasuke*
fuck you too Kishi
just kidding, anyways I have suspected it was Obito for awhile and that suspicion has only increased after finding out he had kamui... but he supposedly looks old.. but your face could look like anything after having half your face crushed by a boulder.. In a plot twist though.. it could be the ninjas they fought while Obito was dying at kannabi bridge
No Chance -_- Minato killed all of them. And if it was one of those i would stop watching the manga altogether. they weren't uchiha so they wouldn't be able to use the Kamui any better than Kakashi
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:19   Link #51
Amata Sora

If they switch from Tobi to Madara or Sasuke (speaking of which how long is this story about the Uchiha that orochimarus telling him taking?) I am going to bee so pissed, thats almost the entire Shippuden series development for nothing
Amata Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:24   Link #52
Black0raz0r
Red vs Blue

Send a message via MSN to Black0raz0r
I have to say.....
Spoiler for Rasengan:

I can see that chapter is with Sasuke or Madara again xDDD
Old 2012-08-22, 15:24   Link #53
erpi

How did we miss this? It was right under our noses the entire time...
http://youtu.be/AFk_Dwku-eQ?t=12s
erpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:45   Link #54
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
If Senju DNA allowed Danzou to use Shisui's eye after a few hours instead of 10 years it doesn't seem so incredible that Tobi could spam his MS for so long.
I thought all this time that Koto... something jutsu is not the same as the one used by Danzou. One being an MS jutsu that has instantaneous effect and last until the death of the victim, and the other needs just normal sharingan eye and it has an effect only while being cast by the user. It seemed that Danzou using it was not instantaneous and that's how it was discovered by the byakugan and also that's why the samurai boss returned to normal after the jutsu was stopped.

Tobi switching on and off his MS at a crazy fast rate doesn't seem natural. We have also seen his eye being a normal sharingan while he was using his jutsu against Konan.

He either is using a lesser kamui that has an effect only on his own body with normal sharingan (the 1st hokage's cells make their magic on his eye) or he has EMS, otherwise he should be blind by now. Kakashi used his eyes only a very few times but he already asked Itachi about blindness. Of course Kishimoto could just tell us that Hashirama's cells make the MS eternal
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 15:51   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
We have also seen his eye being a normal sharingan while he was using his jutsu against Konan.
you still think this despite the facts just revealed this chapter? tobi's MS obviously wasn't shown back then because it would have given away that his eye was obito's. can you provide an image from the manga that clearly shows tobi's normal sharingan using kamui?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 16:01   Link #56
janipani

Masked man legacy started by Madara himself? Could it be?

Naah... what ever

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 16:08   Link #57
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you still think this despite the facts just revealed this chapter? tobi's MS obviously wasn't shown back then because it would have given away that his eye was obito's. can you provide an image from the manga that clearly shows tobi's normal sharingan using kamui?
It does not contradict the content of this chapter. I mean this is a manga when Sasuke can pull out an Orochimaru from Anko's ass

There are many images shoving Tobi with normal sharinan against Konan, but in chapter 510 page 2 seems to be a good one: she's constantly exploding tags around Tobi so that he would run out of the 5 minute time limit for Kamui. On page 4 we see Tobi breaking off the part of the mask covering his other eye, that is when he began using the izanagi, which means until then he had to use kamui to survive the explosive tags. Or is there any other explanation?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 17:01   Link #58
Alchemist007
*Author

You'd think Tobi would have enough tact to prepare some jutsu while/right after teleporting into the dimension.
Old 2012-08-22, 17:33   Link #59
Tachibana
タチバナ

With cliffhangers like these, Kishi might troll us or shift to another battle to keep us waiting before he actually shows us Tobi's identity.
Old 2012-08-22, 17:41   Link #60
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It does not contradict the content of this chapter. I mean this is a manga when Sasuke can pull out an Orochimaru from Anko's ass

There are many images shoving Tobi with normal sharinan against Konan, but in chapter 510 page 2 seems to be a good one: she's constantly exploding tags around Tobi so that he would run out of the 5 minute time limit for Kamui. On page 4 we see Tobi breaking off the part of the mask covering his other eye, that is when he began using the izanagi, which means until then he had to use kamui to survive the explosive tags. Or is there any other explanation?
he used kamui for five minutes then izanagi probably reset the clock...which is why konan thought she managed to kill him. also his whole right arm was blown off during this fight...this current human looking arm is driving me...

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion