AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2013-08-31, 22:44   Link #7761
einhorn303

Was a full translation patch of Tsubasa ever completed? The one I've found in this thread says it's missing stories 5, 11, 15, and the Postscript. Thanks.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 07:14   Link #7762
Seijaku

Just posting here to see if anyone knows where the save data for Arc 4 is on a Mac. I have found it on my Windows Pc and want to transfer it to a Macbook but can't find the right directory.
Seijaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 18:38   Link #7763
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
Was a full translation patch of Tsubasa ever completed? The one I've found in this thread says it's missing stories 5, 11, 15, and the Postscript. Thanks.
Yes, Ars Magica are currently working on a full patch. Keep an eye on their site for details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijaku View Post
Just posting here to see if anyone knows where the save data for Arc 4 is on a Mac. I have found it on my Windows Pc and want to transfer it to a Macbook but can't find the right directory.
While the VN is running, use the "Help > Show save files" menu item to find the save data.
Old 2013-11-01, 03:16   Link #7764
CS1Energypyre
BEATOOOO

Hey, I'm having a problem with the installation of Chiru. When it gets to the point where in the patch installation where it tells me to enter the location of the downloaded copy, it keeps coming up that the file is too small. I'm not sure why that's happening, since I didn't do anything special when I bought the game - I just downloaded the file and that's that. Plus, my download link has expired now so I can't just go and re-download it.

Any ideas how to deal with this? I finished the Question Arcs yesterday, and I'm itching to get into Chiru.
CS1Energypyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-01, 05:01   Link #7765
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

May I ask where you purchased Umineko Chiru? Was it through MangaGamer.com or the original EC-Order.com page? If so, you should have received a file called UMINEKO8.exe (file size: 2.28GB), which is the file you need to select.

I know there were problems with the version that was originally uploaded to MangaGamer.com, but if you bought it from them, you should be able to re-download it at no extra cost.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:56   Link #7766
CS1Energypyre
BEATOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
May I ask where you purchased Umineko Chiru? Was it through MangaGamer.com or the original EC-Order.com page? If so, you should have received a file called UMINEKO8.exe (file size: 2.28GB), which is the file you need to select.

I know there were problems with the version that was originally uploaded to MangaGamer.com, but if you bought it from them, you should be able to re-download it at no extra cost.
EC-Order (that was the one that closed down at the end of September, right?)

And I'm not quite sure what's happened then, because the one I have is only 1.89GB. The download link also killed itself after a week, and it's been a month now. Is there anything I can do, or will I have to buy it again from the new place? :/
Old 2013-11-02, 22:30   Link #7767
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1Energypyre View Post
EC-Order (that was the one that closed down at the end of September, right?)

And I'm not quite sure what's happened then, because the one I have is only 1.89GB. The download link also killed itself after a week, and it's been a month now. Is there anything I can do, or will I have to buy it again from the new place? :/
I'd try contacting customer service first. They might offer you an exception.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 14:02   Link #7768
CS1Energypyre
BEATOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
I'd try contacting customer service first. They might offer you an exception.
Thanks for the suggestion - I sent them a message a few days ago and they gave me another download link. Apparently, it appeared in the logs that my download didn't complete properly, so they knew I was telling the truth. I'm so relieved now!
Old 2013-11-05, 17:23   Link #7769
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

That is one of the reasons why they decided to move the download versions over to MangaGamer. Not being able to re-download the software after a week or if you lose the download link is a bummer for the customer.
Old 2013-12-01, 19:38   Link #7770
Gavs

Hello all,

I'm currently trying to get Umineko 1-4 working on my PC, and I'm having a few problems, so I was wondering if any of you kind people might be able to assist me.

I have purchased my downloaded copy of Umineko from MangaGamer.com and (to my knowledge) have correctly extracted the Umineko04.exe file that came with the purchase. I have downloaded the WH EU Mirror English Patch/Installer, but when I complete the Installation after entering the location of Umineko04.exe, and load up the SN, it states that: "You are missing some music files or they are unreadable. This is probably because you installed the game incorrectly"

I'm fairly sure I did things right, but then again, I'm not very tech savvy so it's entirely possible (and likely!) that I've simply made a mistake along the way. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this matter?

Many Thanks
Gavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 03:16   Link #7771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavs View Post
Hello all,

I'm currently trying to get Umineko 1-4 working on my PC, and I'm having a few problems, so I was wondering if any of you kind people might be able to assist me.

I have purchased my downloaded copy of Umineko from MangaGamer.com and (to my knowledge) have correctly extracted the Umineko04.exe file that came with the purchase. I have downloaded the WH EU Mirror English Patch/Installer, but when I complete the Installation after entering the location of Umineko04.exe, and load up the SN, it states that: "You are missing some music files or they are unreadable. This is probably because you installed the game incorrectly"

I'm fairly sure I did things right, but then again, I'm not very tech savvy so it's entirely possible (and likely!) that I've simply made a mistake along the way. Would anyone be able to shed some light on this matter?

Many Thanks
This error usually means that the Japanese filenames weren't preserved during unpacking of the game. I suggest you use the patch installer to extract the archive for you, instead of extracting it yourself and then trying to patch it.
Message is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 11:45   Link #7772
Gavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
This error usually means that the Japanese filenames weren't preserved during unpacking of the game. I suggest you use the patch installer to extract the archive for you, instead of extracting it yourself and then trying to patch it.
Ok, thank you. I shall try that and see what happens. I think you are right, as some of the files for the BGM are displaying [] (or whatever that is) so I assume that's where the issue lies.

Edit: This may sound really stupid, and I heartily apologise... But how do you get the Patch Installer to extract files? I seem to only be able to find empty files regarding BGM, ME, SE, sys_se etc... Again, apologies for my lack of knowledge :S

Last edited by Gavs; 2013-12-02 at 12:03. Reason: Addendum
Old 2013-12-02, 12:42   Link #7773
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

If you're having difficulty with the installer for whatever reason and want to just extract, you'll probably need to set your System Locale and/or Unicode languages to Japanese (assuming you're using Windows). Windows will mangle Japanese characters because English unicode doesn't include them, so it'll extract the filenames as whatever. But the script does contain Japanese unicode, so it'll reference a bunch of stuff that it can't find and that's the source of the errors.

The patch extractor can fix it, but if that doesn't work changing your unicode language generally will. Explaining that isn't too complicated but it's easier to Google it. A lot of people leave their non-English unicode language set to Japanese specifically to avoid these errors with Japanese VNs.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 12:45   Link #7774
Leafsnail

After installing it's usually ok to change your unicode setting back to English, too.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 13:06   Link #7775
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavs View Post
Edit: This may sound really stupid, and I heartily apologise... But how do you get the Patch Installer to extract files? I seem to only be able to find empty files regarding BGM, ME, SE, sys_se etc... Again, apologies for my lack of knowledge :S
It's actually really straightforward. Simply run the installer and you'll be prompted to either insert the game disc or select the UMINEKO4.exe/UMINEKO8.exe file if you got a download version. Then the installer will take care of all the extracting and patching automatically.
Old 2013-12-02, 15:44   Link #7776
Gavs

Quote:
It's actually really straightforward. Simply run the installer and you'll be prompted to either insert the game disc or select the UMINEKO4.exe/UMINEKO8.exe file if you got a download version. Then the installer will take care of all the extracting and patching automatically.
That's the strange thing. I have done that, adding in Umineko04.exe when I have been asked to via the Installer. And in regards to changing the system locale, I have tried, but for some reason, after restarting my system to bring in the locale change, it is unable to start, and I have to system restore in order to revert back to working condition. Really scratching my head on this one, I reckon I'm still doing something wrong, but I cant seem to find some literal step by step guides with pictures... Pictures are good
Old 2013-12-02, 19:33   Link #7777
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Have you tried re-downloading UMINEKO4.exe? The original version that was uploaded was corrupted, I think, so if you were one of the people who downloaded that, you would experience problems. So re-downloading it might help.

You really shouldn't have to extract it yourself. The installer is designed to take care of all that for you.
Old 2013-12-03, 09:37   Link #7778
Gavs

Quote:
Have you tried re-downloading UMINEKO4.exe? The original version that was uploaded was corrupted, I think, so if you were one of the people who downloaded that, you would experience problems. So re-downloading it might help.

You really shouldn't have to extract it yourself. The installer is designed to take care of all that for you.
Ok then. I'll give that a shot, thanks for all the help Yirba

Edit: Ok, I am going to list eveything that I have done up until this point, so as to better illustrate what exactly is going on. I have re-downloaded the files from MangaGamer, which is now sitting in my downloads folder as MG93.zip. From what I can gather, you are saying rather than using say WINRAR or 7 Zip to extract the files myself, I need to use the patch installer? That I understand, however my issue then lies in that when the patch installer asks for the location of the UMINEKO04.exe, I can't give it, seeing as the file is still sitting inside the MG93 file, which does not show up when I look for it. (I do notice that extracting it myself reduces the size of the file by a significant amount, so that's likely the missing music files).

Sorry to be a pain, I'm fine with PC's but downloading and file extraction was never my strong point!

Edit: Finally figured it out, spent some time messing with a few files that allowed me to change the locale settings... Whew

Last edited by Gavs; 2013-12-06 at 09:40. Reason: Addendum
Old 2013-12-14, 19:09   Link #7779
Steven777

My friend (who has Windows 8) got a copy of Umineko from MangaGamer.com and is currently having issues installing it.

I'll ask him in detail what error messages he has and post them here.

Has anyone successfully played this on Windows 8 and know of any additional issues? I have Win7 and everything worked fine so trying to figure out what could be causing problems for him.
Steven777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-15, 05:02   Link #7780
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I haven't heard of any problems reading Umineko on Windows 8. It's difficult to know what the problem is without knowing the exact details.

As far as installation is concerned, simply download the correct installer from Witch Hunt's website and select the UMINEKO4.exe or UMINEKO8.exe file when prompted. To clarify: There's no need to actually run either of those two files at all (in fact, I recommend you don't).

You'll need to provide more information if you want a more specific answer, though.

Tags
translation