AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-03, 20:29   Link #3581
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Why are people declaring him dead so soon? I mean if you compare Bleach to Kenichi, the wounds every bleach character gain or inflict and survive afterwards. The wound that Apachai, is kinda like a papercut. LOl
Please, Bleach isn't related to Kenichi in any way

Agaard calls a draw, so in fact, plus all the flags in this and the previous chapter, we must assume that Apachai is at least uncapable of fighting right now, death is an option too.

Right now, we're witnessing a brawl... probably the best fight since DoD.

I'm sure that Miu's feeling a revenge aura from Kenichi right now.... here it comes the classical Cool-Down Hug, you read it here first 8)
Old 2010-10-03, 21:18   Link #3582
Battler-kun

Author said it is a draw

That means:

-Agaard reached his goal : Apachai is dead

-Apaichai reached his goal: Agaard is defeated but not killed and possibly can't fight anymore

Anything else is inconsistent.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 04:57   Link #3583
AzoJason

true

I guess, thats the best way to describe the outcoming, Battler-kun.
It was about time for one Master to loose and no one was more fitting like Agaard for that purpose.

Currently watching: Queens Blade, K-ON, Guin Saga, Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden), DBZ Kai, FMA Brotherhood
Bleach/Claymore/FMA/Black Lagoon Manga
AzoJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 05:11   Link #3584
orologio

Of course, the Apachai vs Agaard outcome unblocks the real important event: another Kenichi evolution.
Battler-kun hypothesis is really consistent, and I think the mangaka chose Apachai because he's one of the most popular character. Readers are sympathetic with Kenichi's feelings.
A good move.
orologio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 08:38   Link #3585
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Flashbacks is the seal on the coffin for a character's death. Anyway, this is getting super exciting can't wait for the next chapter!!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 09:23   Link #3586
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah that's a good hypothesis . Kenichi will seek revenge and become insane , Miu will save the day . Ow man Apachai T_T
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 09:45   Link #3587
ZeroForever

as noted bleach is a terrible comparison HSDK although both are shounen HSDK has kept the abilities within the super human fighter abilities not the magical powers of magic that bleach, DBZ, naruto have.

orihime can un-dead you even if your bodies been vaporized as noted is a perfect example of why bleach character deaths are meaningless.
Old 2010-10-04, 11:00   Link #3588
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ow lol why bringing bleach into it guys , Bleach can't compare to this awesome manga .

Just look at Ichigod .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 11:20   Link #3589
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The only hax meds we've seen on Kenichi are Ma's weird herbs that he used on Kenichi when the masters (Apachai) accidentally killed him, and I highly doubt they'd work on Apachai, since he got done in by a pro.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 12:24   Link #3590
chibi_nekoi
~kitty~

Well, I think it's quite logical that Apachai is dead . It would make the story more meaningful
Still, it's probably just my imagination but it looks like Apachai's wound gets lower and lower with each panel. The first time I saw it, it was close to the heart but then it seems to be somewhere between the chest and the stomach now.

It's been a while since the last time I was so excited for the next chapter of a manga.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:52   Link #3591
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Author said it is a draw

That means:

-Agaard reached his goal : Apachai is dead

-Apaichai reached his goal: Agaard is defeated but not killed and possibly can't fight anymore

Anything else is inconsistent.
Agaard said it was a draw. The disciple was wrong about a death once, why not the master?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 17:54   Link #3592
Marvx360x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Why are people declaring him dead so soon? I mean if you compare Bleach to Kenichi, the wounds every bleach character gain or inflict and survive afterwards. The wound that Apachai, is kinda like a papercut. LOl
As stated earlier I don't think you can compare Kenichi with Bleach.

With the new chapter out and the flashbacks in it I expect him to die. It is quite a surprise though because I never expected Apa to be one to die. Actually, I didn't think anyone would die in this series but I am glad one of the masters did. It makes the story alot more interesting. Sad thing to see Apa go but I like the other masters just as much.

Kiba no Tabishounin Manga <3
Marvx360x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 03:05   Link #3593
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
All I hope is Apachai's death won't be in vain. He said once in earlier chapters that he'd die to protect Kenichi but Kenichi's heart is shaken. So his death so far has not accomplished anything, while Kenichi is showing sign of straying from the katsujinken. I really hope Kenichi evolves from this and reaches the next stage, it's really about time he reaches the next level.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 10:33   Link #3594
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
OP reached a major plot twist (timejump 2 yrs) almost exactly @ chapter 600, so HSDK having major development shouldnt be too far off with ch 400.
Good time to do so.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 10:55   Link #3595
Fran~
floating away...

But HSDK is right in the middle of an arc!, i mean, there is plenty of Yami's masters to defeat already.
Naruto's timeskip was ~ch240 and you can say that the major development was Pain's Arc ~ch410, right after Jiraiya's death.

I don't know there isnt a recipe to development, i think that Kenichi already had a major development after the arc about Freya's grandfather.

Apachai's death could do something, but i don't know yet, only matsuena knows that.
Old 2010-10-06, 08:17   Link #3596
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroForever View Post
as noted bleach is a terrible comparison HSDK although both are shounen HSDK has kept the abilities within the super human fighter abilities not the magical powers of magic that bleach, DBZ, naruto have.

orihime can un-dead you even if your bodies been vaporized as noted is a perfect example of why bleach character deaths are meaningless.
To be fair, those manga you are comparing with are have "magic" abilities/ effects embedded in the background right from the start. Not really a fair comparison.

I'm not saying those manga are good (Bleach - bleh!) but it's like critizing a story about wizards for utilising magic in the battles.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 14:03   Link #3597
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Why is it that Muay Thai masters always die or get pwned in manga!? Baki did it 3 times.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 14:09   Link #3598
Akas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Why is it that Muay Thai masters always die or get pwned in manga!? Baki did it 3 times.
"apa Muay Thai is for killing people"
Ken will go down to path of asura and learn how to use dou and sei at same time )) without harming his body something like aka -" Calm Anger" or "Anger Control Flow "-
or maybe unlock by him self 1 of 108 ISM FH tech ^^
Akas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-08, 16:07   Link #3599
blade82

its the old and original Muay thai that kill the one that Agaard use
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 04:13   Link #3600
NoLongerSane

402 is out. A very fanservice chapter in body and action.
Spoiler for 402:

Last edited by NoLongerSane; 2010-10-10 at 04:32.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen