AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-13, 03:30   Link #301
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I remember that being brought up in SaiGAR, while he was facing Hosaka.

Though somehow I think the Japanese rules are a little more strict about gender in SaiMoe. Jun barely got in last year by technically being a woman for an OVA, and Mako-chan (Minami-ke) doesn't even have that going. And if they let in Kaiji, Hayate (Hayate) needs to get in for his cosplay.
Old 2008-06-13, 03:51   Link #302
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92
And here's half of the list
Soul Eater
Maka-chan, you have my vote!
Old 2008-06-13, 05:30   Link #303
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

If Macross's Ranka makes it to the tourney proper, how many posts do you think will contain this:

"Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan"

And how many of those will include the whole "song"?
Old 2008-06-13, 07:43   Link #304
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
If Macross's Ranka makes it to the tourney proper, how many posts do you think will contain this:

"Nyan nyan nyan nyan ni hao nyan"

And how many of those will include the whole "song"?
But doesn't the allowed number of characters in a post stop somewhere short of infinity?
Old 2008-06-13, 08:15   Link #305
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Though somehow I think the Japanese rules are a little more strict about gender in SaiMoe. Jun barely got in last year by technically being a woman for an OVA, and Mako-chan (Minami-ke) doesn't even have that going. And if they let in Kaiji, Hayate (Hayate) needs to get in for his cosplay.
Actually I've been thinking if Jun was eligible for turning into a woman in the OVA last year. Does that mean Jil from Druaga would be eligible since he was caught in a reverse gender trap? And what about X? since
Spoiler for Neuro:
Old 2008-06-13, 09:17   Link #306
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
wow, i didnt know korean best is that huge... but then again it is the largest anime community outside of japan, so i guess its possible.
lol, the japanese must think "f*ckin gaijins"... joke... nah, the only time they must have truely thought that was when this happened in saimoe2007 finals when foreign votes actually made/broke the difference in the final result, considering foreign votes actually amount to a very small portion of the total votes.
Actually you might want to think about the following information as well. This is for the Male division of Korean Tournament

By the way, Japanese have a word other than gaijins for Koreans.

Match table
Result of current round
Overall result

Voting place
Result of prev rounds
Tournament Info

Logged on as :
Guide (Korean)
Logout
Moe Tournament Forum (Korean only)

Current round : 9th round
Now time(Korea Standard Time) : 2008-06-13 23:17:18

Result of previous rounds 9Rounds
Where you can check for results and votes won for previous rounds.

Group list of round
- Show all group
- Group 1 ~ 6

Group 1 / 2008-04-19 00:00:00 ~ 2008-04-21 00:00:00 / Top 1 winners will proceed
-
Lelouch Lamperouge
Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion

-
Toshiroh Hijikata
Gintama

My vote : None
Total votes won for this group : 6362
View Time Graph

View the moe comments ( Total 741 )

This page is for English Language. Other languages page - 한국어 / 日本語(Beta)/ 中國語(Beta)

Last edited by wontaek; 2008-06-13 at 09:37.
Old 2008-06-13, 19:42   Link #307
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
If there's something you know and I don't, please share.
I was able to fill in most of the gaps....

Some OVA with a lot of Kanji
異国色恋浪漫譚 = Ikoku Irokoi Romantan
Something to do with "Once in a lifetime"
一期一会 恋バナ友バナ = Ichigo Ichie - Koibana Tomobana
Usabicchi (?)
ウサビッチ = Usavich
Eh.
ヱヴァンゲリヲン 新劇場版:序 = Evangelion: 1.0 You Are Not Alone
Something Crab?
親子クラブ = Oyako Club ???? (that's how I think it reads...) Parent & Child Club????
Eh.
楓ニュータウン = Kaede New Town
Something Televisio?
家電漫才ジョン・テレビショー = ????
"consumer electronics" + "comic/comedy" + "John" + "television" = Nothing that rings any bells
Meh.
今日からマ王! 第3シリーズ = Kyo kara Maoh! 3rd Series
Meh again.
今日からマ王! R = Kyo kara Maoh! R
Meh.
金田一少年の事件簿スペシャル = Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo ?
Gah. King D?
古代王者 恐竜キング Dキッズ・アドベンチャー 翼竜伝説 = Kodai Ōja Kyōryū King D-Kids Adventure: Yokuryū Densetsu
Stuff.
人造昆虫カブトボーグ V×V = Jinzo Konchu Kabuto Borg VxV
Something to do with Zero and Yugioh
ゼロ デュエル・マスターズ = Zero Duel Masters
Something Usagi
全力ウサギ = Zenryoku Usagi
Some OVA
装甲騎兵ボトムズ ペールゼン・ファイルズ = Armored Trooper Votoms: Pailsen Files
wtf.
象の背中 = Zou no Senaka
Old 2008-06-13, 20:11   Link #308
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's a lot of votes. Are there that many fan crazed women in Korea? Is there an equal or greater population of moe crazed men in Korea?

If the answer to both these questions is yes, image how crazy Saimoe will be if North and South united and added that number of people to the voting brackets.
Old 2008-06-13, 20:13   Link #309
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
That's a lot of votes. Are there that many fan crazed women in Korea? Is there an equal or greater population of moe crazed men in Korea?

If the answer to both these questions is yes, image how crazy Saimoe will be if North and South united and added that number of people to the voting brackets.
All indications says that answer to your first two questions are both yes.
Old 2008-06-15, 21:15   Link #310
ando

Correnction of the schedule:

6/21          "ア" column
6/22          break
6/23          "カ" column
6/24          "サ" column
6/25          "タ" and "ナ" column
6/26          "ハ" column
6/27          "マ", "ヤ", "ラ" and "ワ" column
6/28~6/29    break(2 days)
6/30~7/01    additional nomination(2 days)
7/02          drawing for the first preliminary

BTW, wontaek, what do mods say about 2 different therads for Saimoe and Best Moe?
If there is no problem, I'm going to create a thread for Anime Saimoe Tournament 2008 in a few days.
Old 2008-06-15, 22:06   Link #311
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
I was able to fill in most of the gaps....
Ah, thank you very much!
I'll get to working on the second half now, there will probably be a lot of blanks this time around, too.
Old 2008-06-16, 01:19   Link #312
slimeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The sites you mentioned controls large chunk of the news traffic in Korean Internet. It is also the popular discussion board for those who have questions about Korean government policy. Anizone members were mostly anti-2mb to start with, and the administrator has openly posted criticism of many of government policy. Korean government will likely kill the small fries like Anizone, which hosts Korean Best Moe, before they go for the big guys.
well, i don't think they'll even bother to kill small fries, since they ain't
generating any kind of news and information about 2mb's policies by themselves.
what currnet korean govt. is really aiming is trying to control the flow of information
while killing any discussion against them. (at least i believe)
it may seem that anizone itself can be treated of their 2nd aim, but if they really
wanna achieve it, they will just have to close so damn many of internet sites with 10s and 20s
(and just think what kind of mess it can cause lol)
cuz i seldom saw any site which didn't went against 2mb
although i know there can be sites which supporting him, but i surf korean sites alot and closing all of sites sounds like...umm, say, pouring an oil onto burning house,
as people are already complaining about govt's newly preparing policies
(which includes controlling internet news and portals)

...well, back onto thread's aim, i wanna say one thing.
there will be miku in 08 tournament lol
Old 2008-06-16, 05:14   Link #313
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
Correnction of the schedule:

6/21          "ア" column
6/22          break
6/23          "カ" column
6/24          "サ" column
6/25          "タ" and "ナ" column
6/26          "ハ" column
6/27          "マ", "ヤ", "ラ" and "ワ" column
6/28~6/29    break(2 days)
6/30~7/01    additional nomination(2 days)
7/02          drawing for the first preliminary

BTW, wontaek, what do mods say about 2 different therads for Saimoe and Best Moe?
If there is no problem, I'm going to create a thread for Anime Saimoe Tournament 2008 in a few days.
Last year, when I asked the same question, they said they did not want separate thread for Saimoe and Bestmoe. This year, they didn't say, and did not stop me from opening one for the Male division of Best moe even though there was Saigar and ISML. The relative quietness from the mods seems to suggest they don't care about this anymore, so we now need to consider the merits of separate vs. unified thread.

Separate thread means less confusion, but while Saimoe tries not to be influenced by outside Japan Factors, Best Moe is influenced by all sort of international news and factors. Many discussion about Best Moe tournament is bound to mention the results from Saimoe, as I often hear cry for revenging recent Saimoe defeat in Korean Best Moe forums, bulletins, and blogs. Another thing to consider would be that Koreans would be closest people to Japanese regarding anime related sentiments, thus Korean Best Moe results can be used as good background for analyzing and predicting Saimoe results.

Considering all the factors, I would like to ask ando to create combined Moe tournament thread, just like last year, but this time mention at the first post that it will handle both tournaments. As for the name, may I suggest 'Anime Sai/Best Moe Tournament 2008'? A better one would be using the Chinese letter for the Best/Sai, but that means font problems. I will bow to the majority opinion, however.
Old 2008-06-16, 06:46   Link #314
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Personally I think it would be better for two seperate threads for saimoe and bestmoe. There are some that may not follow bestmoe (like me...much) and hence will feel rather left out if the discussion is intertwined in a single thread. Not to mention that less confusion = good as we are bound to have people new asking questions and mixing the two up makes it so much more harder to decipher and could act as a deterrence (honestly it took me a while to get into this too).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-06-16, 14:06   Link #315
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Guys, if we're going to do seperate vs. unified, also take into account that I-Saimoe will still be in progress upon the introduction of J-Saimoe and K-Saimoe. If anything, I will have to agree on "I" being separate and "J" and "K" combined, merely upon the factor that I-Saimoe will end one-month earlier than "J" and "K", which ends at relatively around the same time frame, not to mention that while one thread has about twelve to twenty-four group matches, the other will have 32.

Although I do have to add one factor to this account - having more than one Saimoe thread will suggest competition between various Saimoe tournaments in terms of participation, which is against my intentions of using J and K Saimoe as a prequalifier for ISML. If anything, we could close down the ISML thread, I will start the new one that will say "2008 Saimoe Circuit Discussion", have links to all three on the first post, and go from there.

(Reason for me starting it - I started I-Saimoe, and I'm in for the long haul.)

Also, keep in mind that ISML's 2009 nomination system will begin January 1st, 2009, which means about one month after Korea Super Best Moe 06-08 Finals.

That's just me adding some fast facts to the table. I'm all for I-Saimoe separate from conjoined J-K Saimoe, as I-Saimoe 2008 will be discussing plans for 2009 after the tiara is awarded.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-06-16 at 14:17.
Old 2008-06-16, 20:01   Link #316
ando

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
If anything, I will have to agree on "I" being separate and "J" and "K" combined, merely upon the factor that I-Saimoe will end one-month earlier than "J" and "K", which ends at relatively around the same time frame, not to mention that while one thread has about twelve to twenty-four group matches, the other will have 32.
As you mentioned below, Best Moe will end more than one month later than Saimoe because of Super Best Moe.

Summarizing the opinions which do you prefer, separate threads or unified thread.

Separate: KaneDragon, Xellos-_^, EternalNite, Eater of All, qtipbrit92, Deathkillz

Unified: wontaek, minhtam2448

Any other opinion?
I think it's better to create the separate threads if the situation is such and won't change.
Old 2008-06-16, 20:10   Link #317
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

wontaek has me pretty much convinced that the threads should be unified. There's probably going to be a lot of cross-discussion about the results in Best Moe and Saimoe in both threads, so unifying them would make it easier anyways.
Old 2008-06-16, 20:16   Link #318
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

5 vs 3, the seccessionst Win. Moe Confederacy of America FTW
Old 2008-06-16, 20:50   Link #319
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

o__o?

Since when did qtip agree with splitting the threads?
But it seems like more people agree with splitting the threads, anyways.
Old 2008-06-16, 20:54   Link #320
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm definitely for separating I Saimoe from J and K Saimoe. I'm not sure how conjoined J and K Saimoe are, so I can't comment on that.
Closed Thread

Tags
saimoe