AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-01-25, 15:18   Link #4061
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So this is why people suddenly become more vocal about this series? Deku turned into the Avatar
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 16:39   Link #4062
Twi

Basically. People already wanted him to be Batman when it started. No powers but still a hero. Then they wanted him to learn to master Super Strength. Him gaining Full Cowl and learning to actually fight was a huge step. Bumping him up from 5% to 8% was an achievement, and even 20% during a time of desperation was acceptable because he knew the risks.

Him getting to use 100% power through Eri was... well, a flaw in my eyes because at that point, Izuku's full strength was put on display against an enemy that could have been handled if he had learned Nighteye's Observation technique and used it to get a knockout, showing that Vault Boy and Nighteye's legacy lived on through him.

I loved Gentle's Arc because they went back to him learning a new technique that has been shown, his finger flick air canon, and his observations to match Gentle. But now, not only has Izuku not gotten to the point where he can use 20% freely, or mastered his air cannon, or showed the full extent of the stuff Vault Boy could do, but he has at least 5 other powers on top of Black Whip, which he's showing the capacity to use at the end of the chapter.

The more powers you have, the less you have to rely on others when this series is pushing that theme that All Might is not here anymore. Everyone is supposed to make up for his loss by working together, Hawks and Endeavor, this whole class battle arc to show how smart each class is with their strategies. It sends a contrasting message, especially if the series is halfway over. It's jarring to see Mineta being proud of his new application of his grapes while Izuku gets a new power entirely.
Old 2019-01-25, 16:50   Link #4063
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
The more powers you have, the less you have to rely on others when this series is pushing that theme that All Might is not here anymore. Everyone is supposed to make up for his loss by working together, Hawks and Endeavor, this whole class battle arc to show how smart each class is with their strategies. It sends a contrasting message, especially if the series is halfway over. It's jarring to see Mineta being proud of his new application of his grapes while Izuku gets a new power entirely.
Well the vestiges told him he's not alone so one can say he's working together with them

Old 2019-01-25, 19:37   Link #4064
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I loved Gentle's Arc because they went back to him learning a new technique that has been shown, his finger flick air canon, and his observations to match Gentle. But now, not only has Izuku not gotten to the point where he can use 20% freely, or mastered his air cannon, or showed the full extent of the stuff Vault Boy could do, but he has at least 5 other powers on top of Black Whip, which he's showing the capacity to use at the end of the chapter.

Now that you point it out, I dislike that he didn't get to show off his air canon. I really hope he isn't going to forget this technique now that he's got a new quirk. This technique allowed him to use a ranged attack and Black Whip does just that too.
Old 2019-01-25, 19:52   Link #4065
Hakai

Hori had to nerf Deku because with 20% attacks and his speed he'll wreck class b just like Bakugou did. They already acknowledged his attack power and agility is as good or better than Bakugou.

In the end both Deku and Todoroki got noticeable power ups this arc unlike Bakugou but Bakugou might end up looking the most impressive one.
Old 2019-01-25, 22:10   Link #4066
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
Hori had to nerf Deku because with 20% attacks and his speed he'll wreck class b just like Bakugou did. They already acknowledged his attack power and agility is as good or better than Bakugou.

In the end both Deku and Todoroki got noticeable power ups this arc unlike Bakugou but Bakugou might end up looking the most impressive one.
if you put it like that, now i wonder if this is a nerf or a buff, since Deku new power effectively put a stop to 20% & above if he don't want to run the risk of losing control, and OFA 20% is pretty OP already, much less 100%, AM reached the top with OFA power alone
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-25, 22:25   Link #4067
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, for all the time Deku spends analyzing quirks and thinking about such things, Mineta's the true master planner.
Damn straight.

Like I said before, I'm not even bothered by Deku having extra powers, especially if he can utilize them well enough (including the "base" strengthening power, of course). Honestly, I'm just stoked this chapter proved what I said all along that Mineta shouldn't be taken lightly. Only someone like him would be clever enough to use his own libido as part of his strategy!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-26, 10:31   Link #4068
Sixth
Hu Tao

Seeing how Deku is gaining more than 1 quirk, it is safe that power creep will soon be creeping into the series. The villains are probably will have their perfect Nomu with 10 quirks as their armies soon.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 00:32   Link #4069
Crunky

Quote:
Basically. People already wanted him to be Batman when it started.
Then they should have dropped the manga at chapter 2 when he got the most powerful quirk. They even said so in the first part that it was imposible for him to be a hero with no quirk.

Quote:
Him getting to use 100% power through Eri was... well, a flaw in my eyes because at that point, Izuku's full strength was put on display against an enemy that could have been handled if he had learned Nighteye's Observation technique and used it to get a knockout, showing that Vault Boy and Nighteye's legacy lived on through him.
That makes no sense. Deku's problem was his lack of skill and it took years for Mirio to take everything he learned from Nigheteye how was Deku going to do that in a couple of days.

Quote:
In this damn chapter we have Ochako and Midoriya working together alongside Mina and Mineta and he doesn't even use black whip until the last page. It just seems like people just ignore what's in front of them because they want to lash out and complain about that plot point even though it was built up for years and doesn't go against anything but your personal headcannon. Its like these people were reading the series backwards from the beginning.
Crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-27, 09:26   Link #4070
Hakai

Let's be honest here, Izuku was going to make the rest look like fodder even without the extra quirks. At 5/8% he was already one of the strongest in the class.
We already saw how OP All Might was with no stomach+just the leftover embers of One For All, he was still by far the strongest hero.

The extra quirks will make Izuku's fights more interesting and they'll be especially important now since his safe limit is nowhere near 100% or even 50%.
Yes it does make his maximum potential higher but he was going to leave everyone else in the dust either way.
Old 2019-01-31, 03:05   Link #4071
Hakai

Spoiler for 215:
Old 2019-02-01, 04:57   Link #4072
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

fun chapter.. I think they outsmarted B-class with bruteforce and willpower
although I think Uraraka is the MVP, the rest are doing well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 05:48   Link #4073
Random14

I hope that is the end, these matches can still go back and forth so quickly. And of course Deku still can't use the new power that well. I just hope class B doesn't call foul over Deku's new powers or something like that. I kind of wish we could have seen more of Deku's long range attacks, but now OFA has taken centerstage again. Too bad it'll be a while until Deku can tell All Might about all this.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 06:22   Link #4074
Twi

If he can't use it then what was the point in bringing it up? It feels like the backlash made the author change his tune.
Old 2019-02-01, 07:22   Link #4075
Hakai

Ochako MVP! Almost soloed Class
B minus Shinsou

I'm so proud.
Quote:
If he can't use it then what was the point in bringing it up? It feels like the backlash made the author change his tune.
The author is being consistent with what he wrote before.

Black Whip hurt a lot when it manifested and that was weeks before the reveal that it was actually Bald For All's quirk.
Old 2019-02-01, 07:38   Link #4076
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Ochako really was the MVP this fight. She wiped out half the enemy's team. To think they were worried about Midoriya when the true danger was the adorable gravity girl.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 07:51   Link #4077
kiak666

The feeling when Ochako does stealth better than Hagakure...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 08:54   Link #4078
grecefar

uraraka you were so cool, put a hoodie and join the assasins.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 09:20   Link #4079
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Damn right Ochako MVP. For all his powers (plural, now, because of course), all Izuku did was deal with the easiest guy when it's one on one and you know where he is.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 09:45   Link #4080
marvelB

Yep, gotta echo all the others about Ochako (though Mineta's strategy from last chapter is still my favorite part of the match). Also, it's now clear that it's too early for Deku to use his new power.... maybe he'll be able to control it at will when he reaches 30%-40% mastery over OFA. But for now, it's a no-go....

Also, while I enjoyed seeing Monoma being the first to be thrown into the prison cell, I wish Ochako smacked him a few more times beforehand....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, coming of age, great supporting cast, shounen, superhero, unique art/plot