AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-08-25, 08:00   Link #21
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Or it could be that Kisame was betting on being able to devour Guy's released chakra (via the Gates)? Of course, taijutsu is mere physical energy and chakra is made up of both physical and spiritual energies, so it makes sense that Kisame's tactic would not work. Poor Kisame. We spent a fair number of year idolizing Kisame and thinking Guy might have to go full 8-gates on him because Guy had trouble with a 30% Kisame clone And now, even Kisame falls quickly so the Akatsuki really only have 2 "original" members left (Madara and Zetsu).
Well he easily destroyed Kisame clone once he opened the sixth gate but I was hoping for a more climatic battle
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 08:07   Link #22
Bombo
TSF Fans

WOOOOOOOOOOOOY gai alive.!!!!
I was scared for his death..Well done gai sensi.!!!!
Gai 1 kakashi 0...screw kakashi sharingan...
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 08:30   Link #23
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Hmmm.... this is rather a suprise. Not that Kisame dies... but the way he goes down.
He has got to be the very first who commits Harakiri. That for a shinobi who didnt even fight with real honor. Draining others. No wait... Danzou did the same thing.

Even the flashbacks seem quite unneccesary. Because they tell more about Madara then about Kisame. I wonder if Killerbee still insists on keeping Samahade. Suigetsu wanted it... but.. i havent heared anything from him or Yuugo yet. Karin seems to be joining Konoha.
Old 2010-08-25, 09:36   Link #24
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
I'm startin to see parallels between this and the current bleach story i.e Aizen & his army & Madara and his...
Well I can fully understand why Kishi did this.
He want the title "shittiest shonen" back but could not think up something shitty enough... he had to steal

Just wait until Madara evolves into a beautiful butterfly.
Old 2010-08-25, 09:42   Link #25
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'm surprised Kishi went for something so conventional as tongue-biting to have a character kill himself.
Old 2010-08-25, 10:08   Link #26
Munty192
Life is a Game...

hmph...was so sure Gai would have die well tuff luck

Kishi committed suicide....naruto manga too confusing and topsy turby
Munty192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 10:30   Link #27
iBeast

We all knew Kisame was going to die...there was no way out for this guy with Naruto, KB, Gai, and whats his face on the island. But how he went down was pretty lame.

Kishi should of have taken his time to delve deeper into the extent of Kisame's powers but I can't complain. It's time to move on from one of Naruto's boring ass training arcs.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 10:47   Link #28
Tettsuo
Yeah, I said that!

It was obvious Gai and Kisame would have their final fight soon. Gai had no reason to be on the boat and Kisame wore out his usefullness after Itachi was killed.

Clearly the point of this was to show Naruto's power and to give Gai and Kisame their final battle (not really much of a battle though).
Tettsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:00   Link #29
Im_A_MoP

Wait I'm confuzzled...why is everyone saying that Kisame is dead? It didn't even say he bit off his tongue yet, it just says(in the spoiler) that he proceeds to. I'm hoping that one of the ninja there know some form of medical jutsu though. Also, I'm officially a fan of Gai now.
Im_A_MoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:20   Link #30
james0246

^LOL, you hate Kisame so much you want him, Mr. Teeth himself, to even fail at biting his own tongue off? .

Joking aside, Ohana confirmed that he he bit his tongue, and probably before Madara's face was going to be shown...how convienent .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:29   Link #31
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^LOL, you hate Kisame so much you want him, Mr. Teeth himself, to even fail at biting his own tongue off? .

Joking aside, Ohana confirmed that he he bit his tongue, and probably before Madara's face was going to be shown...how convienent .
lol why would it matter if madara's face is shown...they already know he's the one behind the mask...and doing all the crap...
Old 2010-08-25, 11:40   Link #32
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
lol why would it matter if madara's face is shown...they already know he's the one behind the mask...and doing all the crap...
It doesn't matter to Konoha; it matters to us, the audience. Kishimoto has placed in us the need to see Madara's face, to confirm our suspicions, to validate our existence (okay, maybe not the last one). So, he willfully denies us the opportunity any time it may occur. Damn you Kishimoto!
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 11:42   Link #33
Alchemist007
*Author

It's Sasuke from the future.
Old 2010-08-25, 12:41   Link #34
nastyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
It's Sasuke from the future.
I agree. This is the only possible explanation.
nastyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 12:52   Link #35
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

One small new thing from a better translation. It sounds like Kisame didn't deliver any password to Ibiki. Kisame was with his group and came across Ibiki(and I would imagine other Konoha ninja). Kisame feared Ibiki learning Kiri's codes(like from back in the Pain Arc with Shiho) from his team through torture so he killed them so only he would know. I guess Kisame would have killed himself then if captured and before Ibiki could extract the codes through torture. Which leads us to what he did in the current story.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:05   Link #36
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
One small new thing from a better translation. It sounds like Kisame didn't deliver any password to Ibiki. Kisame was with his group and came across Ibiki(and I would imagine other Konoha ninja). Kisame feared Ibiki learning Kiri's codes(like from back in the Pain Arc with Shiho) from his team through torture so he killed them so only he would know. I guess Kisame would have killed himself then if captured and before Ibiki could extract the codes through torture. Which leads us to what he did in the current story.
Thanks for the clarification Dede, it nows make much sense now this flashback...

Kisame bitting his tongue to die, was rather a bit of a shock for his end, but I guess the author didnt had much tought on what to do wiht Kisame, He really should had died after he fought Killer B and Raikage..
Old 2010-08-25, 13:16   Link #37
SeanQ

Why was Kisame even alive to bite off his tongue...did Gai not say his attack was a one hit kill last chapter -_- freakin liar.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:22   Link #38
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I guess it is a deserved ending for Kisame, considering the Orochimaru's experience of going through an even worse situation. At the least, he had a choice and he made the choice himself, rather than letting others do it for him.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-25, 13:27   Link #39
Gin
*Artist

Yet another sub-par chapter. I wish Kishi would just go back to Sasuke already so the story would at least be mildly interesting.
Old 2010-08-25, 13:35   Link #40
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Yet another sub-par chapter. I wish Kishi would just go back to Sasuke already so the story would at least be mildly interesting.
Interesting in what sense? Going through his past chapter, that has been opened and closed over and over again, once more, as if the many times we had gone through wasn't enough. Or going through his arrogance and hatred filled not anymore likeable statements. The next time he appears, I am hoping it to be a fight, and considering the promises being made, that will most likely involve the one we are currently observing right now.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion