AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-30, 11:27   Link #1
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Is there some way to ignore a thread the same you can ignore a user?

I ask because I could not care less in the general forum about the football thread or the NBA thread, I would really like to know if somehow they can become invisible to me; I realize many people enjoy such things, but to me they are just a waste of time.
Old 2012-06-30, 11:49   Link #2
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Umm... not to offend you, but just don't visit the threads you don't like. It's just that easy...
Old 2012-06-30, 12:42   Link #3
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Umm... not to offend you, but just don't visit the threads you don't like. It's just that easy...
Same could be said about not reading the posts of users you do not sympathise with, but that option DO exists.
Old 2012-06-30, 13:06   Link #4
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Same could be said about not reading the posts of users you do not sympathise with, but that option DO exists.
It's not the same. When you ignore certain member/s, you ignore him/her because you do not like certain/all tings in his/hers post/s. But most importantly that option was not created solely to just ignore posts. But members who in any way bothers you.
But with threads you are not forced to click on them, you can just ignore them. I find it hard to believe that you find the names of threads so offensive, not interesting etc that you want an option to ignore them. As I said isn't it much easier just to ignore them?
Having this option simple because there is a similar one for post/s is not enough valid argument imo.
Old 2012-06-30, 13:19   Link #5
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
But most importantly that option was not created solely to just ignore posts. But members who in any way bothers you.
Which is not the case in this particular forum since such blatant bullying would not be allowed.
Old 2012-06-30, 13:28   Link #6
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Which is not the case in this particular forum since such blatant bullying would not be allowed.
Bothering someone doesn't have to mean being rude etc to someone. A person can be bothered by having another person asking him question/s all the time etc. There are many ways to bother someone without being offensive to them.
Old 2012-06-30, 13:34   Link #7
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Bothering someone doesn't have to mean being rude etc to someone. A person can be bothered by having another person asking him question/s all the time etc. There are many ways to bother someone without being offensive to them.
So a person can bother another but a thread cannot?
Old 2012-06-30, 13:35   Link #8
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
So a person can bother another but a thread cannot?
How can a thread bother you if you don't view it's content?
Old 2012-06-30, 13:42   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

There is no way to cause threads to be hidden on a person-by-person basis and I'm afraid we have no plans to implement such a system at this time. But, what you can do is subscribe to threads you like, and then use your User CP to access your subscribed threads (essentially ignoring anything you're not interested in). The only downside to this is that you won't see whatever new threads are created, so you may have to check the various forums every once in a while, which will cause you to encounter the threads you don't care for. Hope this helps...

Closing this thread because I believe the question is answered, but feel free to PM me or another member of the staff if the thread needs to be re-opened.