AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-19, 21:51   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Haganai / Seitokai no Ichizon Crossover Discussion Thread [novel]

http://www.seitokaixrinjinbu.info/

Quote:
Who would have thought such a thing could happen ---
Fantasia Bunko (Seitokai) & MF Bunko J (Haganai)
A crossover between the two respective representative works has been realized!
The first part of the project will be a novel crossover between Aoi Sekina's Seitokai and Hirasaka Yomi's Haganai!
Hirasaka Yomi's story and Aoi Sekina's story will be available as Bunko supplements in Dragon Magazine May issue (sold 19 March) and Comic Alive June issue (sold 27 April) respectively!
There are other collaborations/crossovers in the works! Further news will be available as updates on this site! Look forward to it.
Student Council's Discretion, Haganai Get Crossover Novels (ANN link)
Old 2012-01-19, 22:28   Link #2
Kyouka
Is Here

sounds good to me!
Old 2012-01-19, 22:52   Link #3
Sumeragi
Banned

This is going to be dangerous.....
Old 2012-01-19, 23:19   Link #4
Kyouka
Is Here

ken is going to meat yozora's fly swatter

Last edited by Kyouka; 2012-01-20 at 02:16.
Old 2012-01-20, 02:55   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I enjoy both these properties (especially SnI) but I can't be the only one who thinks this is a bit of an odd crossover, content-wise.
Old 2012-01-20, 03:29   Link #6
Isekaijin

Oh god this is going to be awesome. I am especially interested in Ken and Rika's interactions. Giving the word pervert a new meaning.
Old 2012-01-20, 04:21   Link #7
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I enjoy both these properties (especially SnI) but I can't be the only one who thinks this is a bit of an odd crossover, content-wise.
I'm more perplexed at how we're going to connect a school in Hokkaido and a Catholic school somewhere in the countryside of Chubu/Kinki (guessing). Do they meet in Tokyo or something?
Old 2012-01-21, 22:09   Link #8
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I wasn't a huge fan of Seitokai No Ichizon's parody due to how in-your-face it was, but I do think a crossover between the two series would be interesting.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-01-21, 22:15   Link #9
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The anime of 2012 just keeps getting better and better! This is going to be awesome

Wonder if Ken and Kodaka will become the idiot friends of the cross-over, can't wait.
Old 2012-01-30, 20:00   Link #10
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Wow, I just started following both of these series (although I've only read a few chapters of the manga for Seitokai) and now their getting a crossover together? This is perfect.

Ken better not get it the way of my Kodaka/Yozora though. Actually hopefully he'll inspire Kodaka to start his own harem.

EDIT: Also I really hope that someone from Seitokai (although mabye this has happened in a part of the LNs that haven't been translated) points out that by this point the neighborhood club ARE friends, so they can't really say none of them have friends.

Last edited by Ilidsor; 2012-01-30 at 20:43.
Old 2012-02-02, 11:02   Link #11
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I'm more perplexed at how we're going to connect a school in Hokkaido and a Catholic school somewhere in the countryside of Chubu/Kinki (guessing). Do they meet in Tokyo or something?
That's one question, but a bigger question would be who is better at narating the story between Ken and Kodaka? Better still, have both of them narate the story together would be epic. You know, two people trying to tell the same story and arguing with each other about some of the details. Ken would made a good boke to Kodaka tsukkomi during the naration. Yeah, this could be fun.

I'm remotely surprised about this since it's my first time ever come across such things as a canon crossover project between two novels written by two different authors. Don't know if this is a right place to ask, but I'm curious if anything like this ever happened before. I meant the official crossover novels, and not manga or anime.
Old 2012-02-28, 06:07   Link #12
larethian

Latest tweets from Haganai's author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirasaka Yomi
平坂読 ‏ @hirasakayomi Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
2008年1月、『生徒会の一存』を読んだ直後に徹夜で『ラノベ部』の企画書を書き上げ大急ぎで編集部に送 りつけた時の衝動や衝撃や焦燥を、今でもよく覚えています。あれは自分の大きな転機の一つだったと思います 。まあそんなことはさておき――(続)

平坂読 ‏ @hirasakayomi Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
『はがない×生徒会』コラボ企画の続報が公開されました。bit.ly/AfoevO 僕の短編のタイトルは『鍵』。偉大な先駆者への敬意と愛を最大限に詰め込みました。正直両シリーズを読んで ないと解りにくい内容だとは思いますが、興味のある方は御一読いただければ幸いです。
No time to translate for you guys, as I'm leaving my workplace now for another engagement.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:11   Link #13
Sumeragi
Banned

First: He still remembers writing the plans for Haganai in a hurry and sending it off to the editors after reading Seitokai No Ichizon in January 2008, and the impulse, shock, and anxiety when doing so. He thinks that it was a great turning point of his life. Leaving that out.....

Second: The collaboration with Seitokai No Ichizon has been announced. bit.ly/AfoevO The title of his short is "Key". He has put the maximum amount of respect and love for the great pioneer. There will be details that would be hard to understand if one didn't read both series, but he hopes that those interested would read the work.

bit.ly/AfoevO <- I have no idea what this is supposed to be.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:46   Link #14
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Chizuru + Rika = win
Old 2012-02-28, 10:54   Link #15
mironicus

Quote:
bit.ly/AfoevO <- I have no idea what this is supposed to be.
It's a web-link that leads to the homepage of the project.
Old 2012-02-28, 12:11   Link #16
larethian

Just 2 things where knowing the context is important :
ラノベ部 is actually Hiraska's LN series before Haganai.
鍵 is Key indeed, but in this case, it probably refers to Ken, as in Sugisaki Ken in Seitokai series. The kanji for his name is the reason why Chizuru calls him Key-kun.

Otherwise all good
Old 2012-02-28, 12:48   Link #17
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
鍵 is Key indeed, but in this case, it probably refers to Ken, as in Sugisaki Ken in Seitokai series. The kanji for his name is the reason why Chizuru calls him Key-kun.
I've thought about that, but since it's Hirasaka who's writing the chapter, I'm thinking it might be Kodaka's POV looking at Ken and applying it to himself. Hence, I wrote Key instead of Ken. After all, Kodaka himself is a sort of key to the Neighbor's Club's existence.
Old 2012-02-29, 01:03   Link #18
Lenaisian
The Undead Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
This is going to be dangerous.....
Yeah, I agree. This is the first time I've heard of two totally different animes being crossed-over... it will either be a hit or miss for fans of both series.
Old 2012-02-29, 08:33   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

...Well, isn't life full of surprises sometimes

I'm still trying to imagine how this would go down... For some reason, I don't think any of them would get along... Except maybe Rika and Mafuyu since they share practically similar hobbies... Or maybe Sena and Chizuru since they both want to bring home little girls...

...Hmmm, maybe this isn't so crazy after all
Old 2012-03-04, 08:11   Link #20
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

waitwaitwait, two of my favorite comedyslapstick series gets put together.

This is glorious if it works out.

Closed Thread