AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 21:37   Link #1
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Cannot access Maigo Scans site

Hey guys, I think I have something going on with my browser.

I'm having troubles with accessing the site of Maigo Scans (maigoscans.co.cc) since today, and my browser keeps on redirecting me to Google. Some research has pointed me to a possible Trojan or Rootkit attack, so I did the following:

> Searched my computer's device manager for a TDSSSense device. Found nothing.
> Performed a CCleaner check to wipe out any unnecessary files and clear my browser of any data from my previous sessions.
> Used TDSSKiller on Safe Mode. No detections.
> Currently scanning using Avira. No Detections as of now.
> Scanned using HijackThis; no suspicious files.

My Firefox is currently up-to-date, as well as all of my security software.
There are no suspicious cookies in the browser when I try to browse maigoscans.co.cc.
Only maigoscans.co.cc is affected.
It seems that Chrome is not infected with this problem though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 22:41   Link #2
Kagayaki

My Chrome doesn't have that problem, but out of curiosity, I tried it with Firefox (basically a clean install + firebug) and the same thing happened to me. It's not malware because
1) We're running different operating systems.
2) Redirecting people (specifically, only those using firefox) from maigoscans.co.cc to google is not a very efficient way to make money. "Google redirect" malware redirects people AWAY from google search results to money-making ad sites

All I did to fix it was change my DNS provider, and then it was fine even after I changed back. Flushing your DNS cache might have the same effect.
Old 2011-11-01, 09:30   Link #3
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Welp, visiting the site on the same computer after taking a short break works.

That's weird. o_o
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote