Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-24, 18:40   Link #2121
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
If this start to happen, Expect one Touhou girl to make it to final 4. Only way that won't happen is for Touhou fans to get bored and start not voting by the 50th match.
I was thinking about that: a 9-16 seeded Touhou candidate could duplicate Konata's performance in double-elimination. That can most likely happen. I find it hard to see how any Touhou candidate can make 4th seed, but 4th place is a little easier.
Old 2009-02-24, 18:50   Link #2122
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I'm sorry. But the Touhou fans (No offense) aren't that smart. If they were smart, they wouldn't be voting all 5 of the girls through the preliminaries in just 2 rounds. It pretty much sets a character up to be hate voted. So "smart" isn't the best word.

I'm not a Touhou fan, but I think Reimu will have a good finish. Without any other Touhou girls being in the final 16
Old 2009-02-24, 18:57   Link #2123
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Reimu appears to be the most popular Touhou girl, eh.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-02-24, 18:59   Link #2124
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

If the amount of fanart and such is any indication of the popularity of the series, I don't think Touhou fans need to worry at all....

And Sonae, just because they put all the characters through the preliminaries in two rounds doesn't mean they won't be smart enough to do that strategy. Not saying that that wasn't smart anyway, but....
Old 2009-02-24, 19:53   Link #2125
LazyCanuck
I do nothing all the time

Hayate wont be getting any boosts whatsoever from the movie since its a retelling/alternate universe of the first Season. In other words no Hayate. No Vita.

But then who knows, they might somehow appear, it all depends on how far the movie is going to go, but it seems to everyone that its only a retelling of the first season, and Hayate was not on any of the promo pictures i believe (not 100% sure though, cant remember)
Old 2009-02-24, 20:24   Link #2126
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is always meme power if one gets 4chan involved. That becomes a random factor.
Old 2009-02-24, 20:39   Link #2127
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyCanuck View Post
Hayate wont be getting any boosts whatsoever from the movie since its a retelling/alternate universe of the first Season. In other words no Hayate. No Vita.

But then who knows, they might somehow appear, it all depends on how far the movie is going to go, but it seems to everyone that its only a retelling of the first season, and Hayate was not on any of the promo pictures i believe (not 100% sure though, cant remember)
Uh-oh... that blows my Hayate prediction out of the water... oh, yeah, I am screwed coming in.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:05   Link #2128
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam1638 View Post
Uh-oh... that blows my Hayate prediction out of the water... oh, yeah, I am screwed coming in.
News flash, quite literally actually... The movie is a theatrical film, and while it might release in May in Japan, it won't make It's way to other countries(Via fansub) for four or so months. If it does come before ISML's completion, we will be nearing double elimination by then.

btw, Taiga > Shana...Is not happening.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:35   Link #2129
Eater of All
NOM

I agree with Wontaek about lowering Taiga and Minori a little. No matter how moe or competent Taiga is, being in the Top 3 takes either long exposure and/or loud buzz, something Toradora! is still attempting to reach. For Minori, I just can't fathom her reaching #12; maybe around #16 or #17.

I also predict C.C. to drop a little, and perhaps Tomoyo to at least not get hammered down 13 places from last year, lol.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:35   Link #2130
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
btw, Taiga > Shana...Is not happening.
Well, it won't happen unless I do something about it, and I think I will try to do something about it.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:38   Link #2131
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I agree with Wontaek about lowering Taiga and Minori a little. No matter how moe or competent Taiga is, being in the Top 3 takes either long exposure and/or loud buzz, something Toradora! is still attempting to reach. For Minori, I just can't fathom her reaching #12; maybe around #16 or #17.

I also predict C.C. to drop a little, and perhaps Tomoyo to at least not get hammered down 13 places from last year, lol.
Thank you for agreeing with me and I say Lucky 7 for Tomoyo, again.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:49   Link #2132
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The last few episodes of Clannad will probably direct the moe crowd..depending on just what exactly they do for the last three episodes (no titles released yet...so no one knows for sure what they are doing). It could be just the ending, or it could have one of the alternate routes (specials like they did for Tomoyo last year) after the ending...we just don't know.

Though with After Story as it is now...I'd expect Nagisa to do better, or at least hold her current standing from last year. Tomoyo may or may not hold...she's not had much air time, as has Kotomi. Fuuko's had very little air time...but, well, Fuuko is #1 in Japan. Kyou...well we'll see what they decide to do with her...some rumors suggest if they do the specials they'll do a Twins route that was mostly missed the first season (because it can't fit with the Nagisa route)...And Mie will need to hold on to her "Onii-chan" tone to keep up...though her preformance last year around this time sold a lot of us on her entry into this contest was "manditory"...the After Story arc just made it more so with the Yukari loli voice at full power.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2009-02-24 at 22:32.
Old 2009-02-24, 21:52   Link #2133
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

If Hanyuu ends as #41 or lower, I will eat Marisas broom.

Anyway, your prediction has one good thing, that is Nagi as #16 and Tsukasa as #17, coughrememberlastseasoncoughsomuchfailcough
Old 2009-02-24, 22:01   Link #2134
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'll note that Hanyuu (in her scenes so far) in Rei were cute..."Niipah~"
Old 2009-02-24, 22:29   Link #2135
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

I'll probably re-arrange my predictions come Friday morning now that I have information I apparently overlooked. Thanks for the wake-up call, folks.

In terms of Stock Down, you're most likely going to see some Toradora candidates not named Taiga going down, as well as Hayate, among others.

In terms of Stock Up, I still remain inconvinced that candidates I have are undervalued. I do believe that where these candidates are either estimated properly or overestimated. If any stock up, you're going to see candidates shift up one position or two.

And with the issue of Tomoyo, I am fairly sure she's just about written off the Clannad storyline since Nagisa's Graduation, which was fairly sometime before nomination period, if I recall correctly. She'll make top 16 thanks in park to the lack of depth for 9th and below, but she's a definite low seed for sure - 13th at the highest.
Old 2009-02-24, 23:01   Link #2136
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Now I know why so few Japs are voting in ISML...It's 'cause there is no Japanese translated site for ISML. What's up with that?

Surely there has to be some willing translator. Anime and Japanese kind of go hand in hand, y'know.
Old 2009-02-25, 01:40   Link #2137
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Taiga might beat Shana in a one on one but ranking higher overall is unlikely
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-02-25, 01:41   Link #2138
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Now I know why so few Japs are voting in ISML...It's 'cause there is no Japanese translated site for ISML. What's up with that?

Surely there has to be some willing translator. Anime and Japanese kind of go hand in hand, y'know.
Yeah, the search for a Japanese translator began as ISML started, but it appears that 8 languages later still nothing. OTL
Old 2009-02-25, 03:08   Link #2139
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:

*dreary-eyed*

it's been over a year now since we've started the hunt for a Japanese translator. So far, we managed to snag... about nobody...
Old 2009-02-25, 15:23   Link #2140
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

I can probably predict the 16 for Double Eliminations.

Okay. I want to know about this Mad Dog person. What did they do? And how bad? I want more information so I don't have to learn the hard way.
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe